test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MG's Superheroes Gallery

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Costumes and Concepts
Hi fellow players! So I've been playing Champions online for a while now. I went Gold after about six months and have never looked back.

I am a huge superhero comic-book fan and, as such, I create mainly comic-book characters. I spend a lot of time in the tailor to the extent that I think it's a mental illness. I try to make solid, superhero outfits rather than making clever stuff with the use of glitches, not that there's anything wrong with that. I love some of that stuff. It's just that I prefer to stick to what I love.

For quite a while now I have regularly posted images of my characters in threads in this part of the forum, but it's probably high time I started my own thread so that I don't annoy others with my costumes ;-)

I usually make a whole bunch of costumes for each character....one from each age of comics plus usually a gaslight (victoriana/steampunk)and a pulp outfit, amongst others where applicable.

I'll start with my most iconic character, Britannia. She's basically my homage to Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and, of course, Captain Britain. A Demi-Goddess from the Roman pantheon who has become the protector of Great Britain.

Much like Uncle Sam or Columbia for the US or Mother Russia for Russia, Britain actually has a national personification called Britannia (and another called John Bull, but the less said about him the better). Here's her statue....

RZqunrS.png

My task when creating her was to combine the elements of the images and statues of her with a superhero look. My inspiration behind this was how Kirby managed to do the same with Thor…-combining the traditional imagery with superhero sensibilities.

In all her different builds she has always been a heavy weapons using tank, wielding her mighty Sceptre of Power! The real reason why Britannia exists is because I wanted to make a character that would use that sceptre from the Fantasy Set. I'd love a trident to compete the look though.

I have recently updated her costume to give it more of a union Jack feel to it.....thanks to the Pharaoh's Belt from the King Sehken set. The following is her Silver Age costume.....

Ksjam33.jpg

86r5yx5.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
Post edited by themightyzenith on

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Forums are screwing up and multiplying posts, feel free to remove this one please @bluhman
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited June 2017
    Owl Woman here is your basic Batman homage, by way of Owl Man from the Crime Syndicate and Nite Owl from the Watchmen. Your basic dark vigilante with a night creature theme, a badass normal who uses a combination of sneaking, martial arts and gadgets.

Below I have included her Modern Age (top) and her Silver Age look (bottom).

zHqP6iz.jpg

AEHbq3G.jpg

Zq1at4w.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited June 2017
    I think there's a rule somewhere that says everyone has to have a patriotic American character and I'm no exception.

The Homelander is powered by the Force of July. He's a super strong, super tough, flying, chisel-chinned manly-man.

The first is his Golden Age outfit, second is his Silver Age outfit and the last is when he's completely channeling the Force of July (in my mind it's like the speed force that the Flash uses but for US patriotic superheroes) and becomes the Spirit of America!

7uEigkv.jpg

1DRnxWo.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Redback is my Spider man homage, although she doesn't have any superpowers other than olympic level speed, stamina and has trained heavily in the martial arts. She is also a bit of a genius and has designed her Arachnotech (TM) harness as well as her two mechanical wonders, little Incy and big ol' Wincy.

The following is her Silver Age (with Arachnotech(TM) harness) outfit followed by her Gaslight (Victorian) and then Golden Age outfit........

nbFdreG.jpg

t5S2jrT.jpg

1euMb3T.jpg

T6obGYz.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Huntsman is my archer and homage to Green Arrow. A badass normal with a bow and fancy gadget arrows. For his main (Silver Age) outfit I just wanted to create your archetypal superhero archer, but I managed to get the main part of his outfit to have an arrow shape. I hope you can see it, the skirt represents the fletching going up to the Nighthawk hood which is the arrow-head (easier to see on the tailor screenshots at the bottom of this post).

The following are his Silver Age outfit, his Modern Age outfit and his Bronze Age (X-treme 90s guitar riff!) outfit complete with Bowgun...

KCmxtgJ.jpg

mLEPdA3.jpg

jQVpzOp.jpg

WGD5IBt.jpg

I wish we didn't have the stupid glowing string with bows. I heard a rumour that they were just supposed to be on the "laser bow" but that the implementation of that glitched all of them, dunno if it's true but it sounds plausable enough :/
    zrdRBy8.png
  • zackattackv20zackattackv20 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If it aint too much trouble could I have the costume file for Redbacks Gaslight costume? I was inspired to make a heroine but I suck with costumes and wanted to use the gaslight one as a template
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    screenshot_2014-10-10-18-42-34.jpg[/URL]

Well that's an interesting idea, turning the Gun arm into a Bow arm.
  • nikeixnikeix Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An excellent stable all around. Well done :biggrin:.

What gloves are those in the third owl-woman picture?
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    What gloves are those in the third owl-woman picture?

Those are the Classic Foxbat gloves :smile:

Edit: Image changed so my reply is no longer relevant.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • nikeixnikeix Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very cool. Hopefully I'll be able ot pick those up next year :smile:.
    edited July 2017
    Here's my speedster, Fast Track. I've been reading a lot of DC's Earth 2 recently and I love the new version of Jay Garrick as the Flash. Beautiful use of colours on his costume. I tried to emulate that a little in her Silver Age costume....

Ts27iQ0.jpg

7Nw1X2u.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    So, no roster of superheroes is complete without a super mage and Doctor Kabbala fits the bill nicely. The following are his Silver Age and Pulp era outfits....

25blds0.jpg

EeCS8hY.jpg

nGPkYJ8.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2016
    If it aint too much trouble could I have the costume file for Redbacks Gaslight costume? I was inspired to make a heroine but I suck with costumes and wanted to use the gaslight one as a template

Sorry man...dunno how I missed this request.

If you just wanna use it as a template then sure, no probs. I'll get that to you as soon as I am back in game in an hour or two (I don't have that costume file saved atm).

By the way, that costume is using the Harajuku, Victorian, Arabian Nights, Halloween Web and Magical Girl Costume sets.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Here you go zack......

Oz22H6h.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    screenshot_2014-10-16-17-15-41.jpg

screenshot_2014-10-16-17-15-57.jpg

This might be my favorite costumes in all of CO.
    edited July 2017
    So this is my latest toon (made today). I've always like Ralph Dibny, the Elongated Man, and have wanted to make a super-stretchy toon for a while. It's a shame we don't have a super-stretching powerset :(

The resiliant and resourceful REBOUND....

T0YeJij.jpg

dFFSZ4J.jpg

I kinda see the kirby dots as his unstable molecules leaking out.

This might be my favorite costumes in all of CO.

Thank you very much mate :-) Unfortunately Photobucket have decided that they will no longer support third party hosting for images unless you pay them a $400 subscription so I have changed to imgur and had to move my images and re-link them . That's why you can no longer see the images in your quote of me. Sorry :/
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Two more of Britannia's costumes.First is Kid Britannia...the proportions took me a loooong time to get right. The second is Victoriana Britannia, a victorian, knightly-steampunk superhero look.

StqlylA.jpg

REcb8De.jpg

Of33KPA.jpg

Don't ask how she manages to fight in that skirt ;)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The resiliant and resourceful REBOUND....

I really like how he came out. Standing straight he doesn't look *that* distorted but in a pose definitely shows that he has gone tastefully stretchy (long but not really gruesome).
    edited July 2017
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I really like how he came out. Standing straight he doesn't look *that* distorted but in a pose definitely shows that he has gone tastefully stretchy (long but not really gruesome).

Thanks mate, I appreciate your comment.

You're right, in the more static images (and the tailor screenies) he is just a little stretched, that's the one I use for just standing around. I have also made another costume exactly the same but more stretched out for when in action. That's the one I'm using in the other images. This is the costume for that one...a little more extended.

9KHiMhK.jpg

I think I'll make a couple of binds for using some emotes with it. It doesn't look so good when just standing straight.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    To celebrate finally getting the last piece of the Sharkfin Costume Set I thought I would create a 'King of the seven seas' type superhero, so here is the super-strong, super-tough and super-grumpy Aqua Rex!

This is him swimming in Lemuria in his Silver Age costume. Some of the images have him wearing his ceremonial bracers and one has him in full ceremonial armour (made of lightweight Atlantium)....

V8Y2ysV.jpg

iTSArkR.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like those colors, especially the blue. Do you have glow tights? I find those work better for feet when using a ... Dimpled? (Forget name) tight detail.

I've actually been thinking of making a n Aquatic toon, make me play Lemuria fully for once.

But I bet glove and bootless would look good.
    edited October 2014
    I like those colors, especially the blue. Do you have glow tights? I find those work better for feet when using a ... Dimpled? (Forget name) tight detail.

Heya man...yup, I do have glow tights. Unfortunately on the feet the dimpled part of the glow tights isn't where I would want it. However, I have redesigned Aqua Rex slightly (and replaced the old design with the new one in the last post) and used the glow tight gloves. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow! Amazing work, Zen! :biggrin: Makes me inspired to create my own Thread with my Characters, but we shall see how it goes. :tongue:
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
    edited October 2014
    TY skaar, I appreciate the kind words :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really digging that middle design for your aqua char, the gold is nice as it stands out. ( For me at least anyway)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited July 2016
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Really digging that middle design for your aqua char, the gold is nice as it stands out. ( For me at least anyway)

TY man. I wasn't sure about the gold ceremonial bracers so thanks for the vote of confidence :smile: I'm thinking that I maybe need to add some gold shoulderpads to balance it out.

I'll get tinkering and see if that works.

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    So I really wanted to use the Classic Foxbat mask in a non-goofy way and i haven't used the fighting claws powerset in-game yet so after a lot of tinkering in the tailor I came up with this guy. Any resemblance to Dark Claw is totally coincidental (resemblance to the Batguy is not, however ;)). I didn't even realise that's where my brain was taking me until after I had created him. Here's Leatherwing in his Modern Age costume....

Nfm8rsR.jpg

RqJ55gY.jpg

It's really nice to be able to use a mask and have facial details (in this case "rugged"). I really wish we could do that with normal partial masks.

Why we don't have a re-skin of Cape Glide TP without the adding of a cape on our backs yet is beyond me. So many costume pieces would benefit from this.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    A while ago i started playing with custom key-binds and discovered that I could make a couple of binds that could take me from tiny sized to giant sized and vice-versa in the click of a button (with Super Shrinker and Super Magnifier also activated by the binds) while changing my travel powers and costume. This revelation inspired me to create my size changing hero, Micromax.

The idea is that his super-science belt is what allows him to change size and that his bracers stabilise the forces that are used to perform this change. They are all powered by the generator on his back and the energy is circulated around his suit by the cables that can be seen on his costume (the bright, cyan piping). In his large form the energy would give him superstrength and durability and in his tiny form the energy would have to be dissipated by means of energy attacks and flight/forcefields (unfortunately two completely different builds like that are not viable in CO, but what the hey).

I am a huge fan of the Atom and Ant Man/Giant Man so it was a no-brainer that I would eventually end up making a hero like this. The first set of images are him starting from normal size and shrinking, the second are from normal size to super size. The last are his tailor references for the three costume sizes.

0WGVvwK.jpg

p6uD9RX.jpg

LF2uaJ0.jpg

That first costume coupled with the Shrinker makes him really small and the last one with the Magnifier makes him colossal. Add the effects of miniaturization ray with reciprocating gizmo advantage and the size advantage from enrage and we're cooking with gas!
    zrdRBy8.png
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love it. It's nice to see some "classic superhero" type costumes on the board.

:D
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited November 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    I love it. It's nice to see some "classic superhero" type costumes on the board.

:D

Thank you man. Glad you dig the classics :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Here are a couple more looks for Owl Woman and Leatherwing. Victorian (gaslight) versions of the two heroes.

Victorian Leatherwing is a police surgeon (a rather new field in his time) by day but by night he stalks the streets of London looking to dispense bloody justice.

Victorian Owl Woman is a circus acrobat and tightrope walker who looks for thrills by tackling crime wherever the circus passes by.

lc6LfOw.jpg
    A6qrYv1.jpg

cTjNUag.jpg
    cizT31C.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    Another couple of alternate costumes, this time Golden Age Huntsman and Golden-Age Micromax...

8dh8i3Z.jpg
    XmZDrAK.jpg

875GDK1.jpg
    0iBpNFN.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am worried by Micromax's golden age dong-bulge. Please reconsider.
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bobsy26 wrote: »

I literally Lolled on that one!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Good thing the M isn't on the shorts then.
    edited July 2017

Do not be worried...embrace the bulge...the bulge is love...the bulge is life.

Actually, I don't know how I didn't notice this when I posted it. Anyway the dong-bulge stays, right there...in yer face :o
    I literally Lolled on that one!

Hah....so did I mate :D

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    And while I'm on Golden Age versions of my toons here's Golden Age Leatherwing...

mSf0biF.jpg

A4dAM6g.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited November 2014
    Do not be worried...embrace the bulge...the bulge is love...the bulge is life.

Actually, I don't know how I didn't notice this when I posted it. Anyway the dong-bulge stays, right there...in yer face :eek:

Hah....so did I mate :biggrin:

I did have another screenie I was going to use for Golden Age Micromax.....
    75a639d6-18ba-42ff-b137-c197d844897d.jpg

.......brings tears to my eyes.

*1940s jazz cover of Turn Down For What*
    edited July 2017
    *1940s jazz cover of Turn Down For What*

You just made me go to Youtube and watch that video :eek::eek::eek:

Edit:Sorry your image no longer displays there @bobsy26 , I had to move my images from photobucket to imgur and relink them.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited November 2014
    You just made me go to Youtube and watch that video :eek::eek::eek:

I didn't even know it existed!
    edited July 2017
    I didn't have a furry toon but have always been a fan of Beast from the X Men and Timber Wolf from the LoSH so I made a homage to both of them. This is Doctor Baskerville....

Vw8yPr1.jpg

2ayTrit.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you sure know how to color stuff. where good choise of colors overall on all toons.
  • honkhillhonkhill Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All your characters look really good, I think my favorites have to be Britannia, Fast Track, Rebound, and Aqua Rex.

I too, like the use of colors. What's your strategy when it comes to coloring these outfits?
    Catch me as '@Rotundo' in game
    edited July 2017
    Thank you zer303606 and honkhill. It took me a helluva lot of practice to get the feel of the colour pallete in CO and, to be honest, my strategy with colours (and characters on the whole), is to refer to the comic-books of my childhood. I get a lot of inspiration from them.

Here are some of the examples I use.......

I used to pour over the following images for hours when I was a kid...
    YCs0l0D.jpg

PVF4hfI.jpg

XNcbj99.jpg

I loves me some old schoool All Star Squadron!
    zrdRBy8.png
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally, I think you have mastered the colouring pallete, Zen. Especially the colour red! But yeah, I think I should learn it too other than to colour everything black with a dash of whatever colour I have in mind. :tongue:

And oh! Now that's some mighty fine example to be inspired by! Personally, when I created Harlot, I was mainly inspired by Paul Dini and how he drew Harley Quinn but might make an alternative costume that's inspired of her current look and the work of Chad Hardin. :smile:
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
    edited July 2017
    TY Skaar...always nice to have a post by you:smile:

By the way folks, tomorrow I am moving from Australia to the UK (London), by way off a stop off in Budapest for a couple of weeks holiday so I may not be in-game for a while.

So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all !
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    So my GF's parents have Wi-Fi here in Budapest so that I can sneak into CO while they are all talking in Hungarian.....thank god for the costume creator.

I've been revamping the Huntsman's costumes recently and I finally made two fantasy style costumes. The first is your typical ranger tracking in the wilderness and the second is a satyr type hunting in the mountains...

09nil7s.jpg

bqGehzX.jpg

0YS97RJ.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    With all the Malvan gladiator events and costume parts in-game Britannia picked up a Centurion Grav Chariot and armour to match while Swashbuckler has been running around the rooftops in a costume that is a homage to Zorro, fighting crime and serenading the señoritas...

9Z8gBkD.jpg

Ut0gUpt.jpg

A CC host recently told me that if you look up "Swarthy" on wikipedia you will get this image.....

RsH68VO.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    I've always found it boring making normal civilian type costumes in CO and much prefer making actual superhero outfits, however I've been having a lot of fun making more "normal" costumes for Doctor Baskerville.

The following are his Victorian, Hipster and Rocker outfits, respectively....

aSyhBEH.jpg

MhJPm3q.jpg

uiM4z7Q.jpg

6Y9Mc1i.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2017
    A more light-hearted alt costume for Leatherwing this time. This is Kid Leatherwing...

PNPu8N3.jpg

JYvDJIM.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png