What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20131024.2 PTS Update

Comments

• Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's worth remembering that one of our goals with this particular piece of content was to build a combat that rewards skill, strategy and communication. While this will certainly be dangerous with rookies, for veteran players, mechanics like this will make for attentive, dynamic gameplay.

Tank 'n' spank is all well and good, but as a P&P D&D fan myself, I know that players can't spend the entire encounter in their comfort zone. This kind of mechanic makes for more dynamic gameplay, because you can't just act, you have to react as well.

My two cents about this fight, take it as you will. :smile:

-TrailTurtle

That's while Therakiel's Temple is so enjoyable. I suggest Cryptic North take a look at all the non-Dracul boss fights there for inspiration. It's content that requires proper teamwork (especially the Baron fight).
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any word on the Veteran rewards being unlocked for LTS? It doesn't seem to be working on the PTS and this is the one thing I'm looking forward to most (vs. new items to pay for, a rampage I won't likely play, and the crippling nerf to dodge).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any word on the Veteran rewards being unlocked for LTS? It doesn't seem to be working on the PTS and this is the one thing I'm looking forward to most (vs. new items to pay for, a rampage I won't likely play, and the crippling nerf to dodge).

Didn't that go live already?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Didn't that go live already?

No. It's only on Test, and it's broken; it doesn't seem to be unlocking anything for anyone I've talked to or seen post about it.
    edited October 2013
    Bug:
    Everywhere after character creation (Skipped tutorial)
    Night Warrior (R1) Incorrectly provides +80% dodge chance

Confirmed. It is likely a misplacement of a decimal place or a mis type. (Like when Debuffs from New Telepathy used to debuff foes for 60% instead of 6% :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    honestly with the way dodge is looking on pts now we're all screwed in one way or another. the question is how much.

Please stop saying things like this. Nobody is screwed. None of my 70 characters are screwed. They are just fine, still fun to play, and not broken in any way.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    honestly with the way dodge is looking on pts now we're all screwed in one way or another. the question is how much.

After the changes go live, you'll feel a lot like all the people who claimed the alert changes were going to screw us all. So no worries.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please stop saying things like this. Nobody is screwed. None of my 70 characters are screwed. They are just fine, still fun to play, and not broken in any way.

I'm not going to say the sky is falling, but I do believe that this is an ill-concieved idea that will hurt ATs, not really change the role dominance of dodge/avoid gear, and create a dev-enforced bias that says that Defensive passive users (and some support passive users) are allowed to solo cosmic, legendary, and other "Team" based content, but God help all of us if an offensive passive user pulls it off.

Want to diversify builds? Make the other gear options worth it. Put defense on it's own layer of mitigation so it can compete, and increase the ammounts of defense gear gives. Put AoRP on this defense resistance level and you immediately make it a better team buff while making it a lesser self protection choice than Defiance. Right now defense from gear is still bad, and Dodge/avoid from gear still beats it in almost every situation. The numbers are just small enough that now offensive passive users don't see much gain from it.

Growth offense gear and +health defensive gear? Would you swap a Legion Glove of Piercing, or Breastplate of Elusiveness for a Glove of Growth or Breastplate of Greater Health if the Growth and Health item also gave an extra Ability point when worn?

It's a missed opportunity to make things more diverse and interesting, while at the same time saying Superman's ok, Wolverine's ok, 'eff you Green Arrow!

I just find it unfortunate.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not going to say the sky is falling, but I do believe that this is an ill-concieved idea that will hurt ATs, not really change the role dominance of dodge/avoid gear, and create a dev-enforced bias that says that Defensive passive users (and some support passive users) are allowed to solo cosmic, legendary, and other "Team" based content, but God help all of us if an offensive passive user pulls it off.

Want to diversify builds? Make the other gear options worth it. Put defense on it's own layer of mitigation so it can compete, and increase the ammounts of defense gear gives. Put AoRP on this defense resistance level and you immediately make it a better team buff while making it a lesser self protection choice than Defiance. Right now defense from gear is still bad, and Dodge/avoid from gear still beats it in almost every situation. The numbers are just small enough that now offensive passive users don't see much gain from it.

Growth offense gear and +health defensive gear? Would you swap a Legion Glove of Piercing, or Breastplate of Elusiveness for a Glove of Growth or Breastplate of Greater Health if the Growth and Health item also gave an extra Ability point when worn?

It's a missed opportunity to make things more diverse and interesting, while at the same time saying Superman's ok, Wolverine's ok, 'eff you Green Arrow!

I just find it unfortunate.

This guy.

Has given more constructive, well thought out feedback.

Than at least 90% of every thread related to these changes.

Who are you and when will you become a dev?
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This guy.

I pointed the same things out in the previous PTS thread. There is a bias towards Offensive passives.

I only started using offensive passives about 1.5 years ago while I've been using defensive passives since closed beta. The reason I'm mentioning this is that I was biased as well towards offensive passives. I was under the impression that they deal ungodly amounts of damage and that low defenses make up for it. The truth is far from it since 1% mitigation is far more valuable than 1% damage.

At the end of the day, when you fight anything worth mentioning (let's not consider normal open world mobs and "normal" instance lvl) with a Defensive passive it's all about taking your time while with an offensive passive it's all about making sure you don't die.

People are so biased towards Offensive passives that they don't even try to bring any logical arguments except "you want to deal tons of dmg and have defense? ....NO!".

There is no point in DPS if one can't survive enough to do it. Defense is needed, not tank like but sufficient that you are not one shotted (provided you don't build a glass cannon even by Offensive toon standards, in that case.....) or a couple of mobs take you down before you can due to the sheer amount of incoming DPS.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That may very well be, but after all the time and money spent on obtaining Legion gear (through lockboxes or key trading), as a customer I am sincerely ticked off. I used to spend roughly (and sure feel free to call me nuts) 200-300 a week in the z store, because I like to give things away and like(ed) modifying vehicles in different ways, and because CO is my favorite game, or at least one I've become invested in (not speaking about money in that regard). The second I read the words "justice gear" and "dodge nerf", that came to a screeching halt.

On the other hand, I think this will be a net gain for Cryptic as I'm having a great time in NWO and STO, and at least in those games when I spend money I have a better idea where that money is going. So maybe Cryptic's long term goals aren't totally screwy.

People can troll, dismiss, duck heads in the sand, etc, but people did spend money on Legion gear. When people in zone chat get wind of this (those that haven't already) get ready for a ruckus.

I'm perfectly happy spending money on Cryptic's other titles, but as for CO, no more. Not a dime.

At any rate Smacky, it's been a pleasure. I in no way envy what you will have to deal with soon, and frankly they should start paying you guys a cross platform stipend.

Peace.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nightr0d wrote: »
    There is no point in DPS if one can't survive enough to do it. Defense is needed, not tank like but sufficient that you are not one shotted (provided you don't build a glass cannon even by Offensive toon standards, in that case.....) or a couple of mobs take you down before you can due to the sheer amount of incoming DPS.

Yes very much agreed, but the question is how much defense is enough, and for who. Would you balance things arround AT dps builds without any heals, or freeform dps builds with two heals, MD and lots of CON/INT. On live you can make a freeform dps build that can tank gravitar without any trouble, and still does very high damage.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I pointed the same things out in the previous PTS thread. There is a bias towards Offensive passives.

People are so biased towards Offensive passives that they don't even try to bring any logical arguments except "you want to deal tons of dmg and have defense? ....NO!".

Note: I'm leaving PvP out of the below statements. That's an entirely different ballgame.

The bias around Offensive Passives is because there's no point in the game at which you have "enough" DPS, let alone "too much". There's always going to be a way to kill a boss faster.

There can easily be points in the game when you're building a character where you can obtain "enough" survival capability to do any content you want to do as part of a team (or even solo in some cases). At that point, adding any more defense just robs you of offensive capability. And if you don't care about the blatantly imbalanced one-shotting stuff (ie: Gravitar), your bar for "level of needed defenses" is far lower.

Given those constraints, when given the choice, if people are able to get enough survival capability without having to use a Defensive Passive, they're never going to use a Defensive Passive. Especially with DPS/self-heal threat being far higher than Tank Role's added threat. This is why Quarry was so much more popular than Lightning Reflexes, for those given a choice.

The root of the problem's mainly the role lockouts on certain types of passives, and the fact that the Damage roles are so much of a damage buff (assuming you can survive and have sufficient energy to use your big attacks while using them, both of which are possible).

I'd be willing to bet that if you could, hypothetically speaking, use Defensive Passives in the Offensive Role, no one would ever touch Offensive Passives. Because the Offensive Roles are (assuming survival and energy are available) so much better at damage than the Offensive Passives.

And all of the above's exacerbated by the fact that AT's are horribly built, and should be turned into templates as part of a "Silvers get Freeform building" movement. AT's are too far apart in performance from even decently-built Freeforms, and the vast majority of the playerbase being stuck with them is slowly choking the game to death.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    I have legion gear. I never spent any real money on it. You chose to spend real money on it. No one to blame for that but yourself Mr and/or Mrs Impatientpants.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013

There's one resounding problem with this. If there was no such thing as legion gear coming from lockboxes, this would be a non-issue. If it was strictly heroic gear getting slashed in effectiveness you wouldn't be seeing folks like myself and others posting so frequently about it.

Once you involve money, players react a lot differently. We're not talking subs here, but people actively spending money simply to gamble to acquire the best gear. You can't say you could just trade in game resources, because someone had to use zen to acquire the keys at one point in the equation.

I know a few people who have invested far more money into this game that I ever would. Not one is pleased.

The population continues to bleed, and there hasn't been anything added to entice new comers. The closest thing was the Carrier Alert, but with all the effort and resources put into it, months later they still refuse to resolve the problem by simply improving rewards.

Now we're talking globalwide nerfs, and the biggest impact being on those who invested into legion agility and elusive. From the time of their release till the announcement of justice gear/dodge nerfing, they were the most valuable of the legions, barring maybe the legion of speed. They had value from being such a universal and desirable stat.

Simply put, you're going to upset people, particularly the big spenders.

Now combine that with the fact that players are effectively being made weaker just to repeat everything they've already been doing, there's just more fuel for the fire.

Sure there will be people that stick around. But there will be folks leaving like myself. I've waited 2 years to see just one new zone. Instead I've seen the market only completely enveloped by lockboxes. If not for my friends and SG mates, I would have never stuck around as long as I have, as its the people that can truly make the MMO experience.

With that said, drastic changes like these lead to population shifts. I already find it harder every week to do the same content I had been doing months ago. Why should I want to continue doing so given the history of this game?

My ATs are more or less screwed short of the tanks for anything team related. Sure, a well-balanced premade can offset it, but that's just not practical in the nature of the game.

My FFs can adapt, but its the same thing I've been doing. There's just no more motivation to bother now that I as a player feel the dev team is too far out of touch with the playerbase. I realize the new team is doing what they can, but its too little too late.

I personally am to a point where I'd rather just give my stuff away to people who may enjoy them. Currently, I'm just running around until the nerf before I've finally had too much.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Note: I'm leaving PvP out of the below statements. That's an entirely different ballgame.

The bias around Offensive Passives is because there's no point in the game at which you have "enough" DPS, let alone "too much". There's always going to be a way to kill a boss faster.

There can easily be points in the game when you're building a character where you can obtain "enough" survival capability to do any content you want to do as part of a team (or even solo in some cases). At that point, adding any more defense just robs you of offensive capability. And if you don't care about the blatantly imbalanced one-shotting stuff (ie: Gravitar), your bar for "level of needed defenses" is far lower.

Given those constraints, when given the choice, if people are able to get enough survival capability without having to use a Defensive Passive, they're never going to use a Defensive Passive. Especially with DPS/self-heal threat being far higher than Tank Role's added threat. This is why Quarry was so much more popular than Lightning Reflexes, for those given a choice.

The root of the problem's mainly the role lockouts on certain types of passives, and the fact that the Damage roles are so much of a damage buff (assuming you can survive and have sufficient energy to use your big attacks while using them, both of which are possible).

I'd be willing to bet that if you could, hypothetically speaking, use Defensive Passives in the Offensive Role, no one would ever touch Offensive Passives. Because the Offensive Roles are (assuming survival and energy are available) so much better at damage than the Offensive Passives.

And all of the above's exacerbated by the fact that AT's are horribly built, and should be turned into templates as part of a "Silvers get Freeform building" movement. AT's are too far apart in performance from even decently-built Freeforms, and the vast majority of the playerbase being stuck with them is slowly choking the game to death.

This is the same issue I've been contemplating on. How much Defense would be necessary for an Offensive toon without invalidating Defensive Passives.

On the other hand, Defensive passives themselves can do absurd amounts of dmg. The only difference is the 25% base dmg boost from roles. So in this case you get all the defense you want but the sacrifice is NOT that great. Think about it, 25% less dmg in exchange for using a Defensive passive? (does this seem fair?) IMO, sacrificing 25% dmg for mitigation is not that much of a big deal since survival/self sufficiency is far more important.

Another problem with Offensive toons is that some of the Offensive Passives allready give some defense (%mitigation or dodge) which forces you to basically continue to build on top of those specifically. If you passive gives you defense yet you build for Dodge you get significantly less out of it.

The only way I could think of fixing those issues is to:

1. Provide some more defense to Offensive passives (but not THAT much)

2. Do not allow Offensive toons to be one shotted (basically if an attack would deal above 80% ofyour HP effective dmg to you, after all mitigation, you would take 80% of that attack and remain with 20% HP, this effect should occur maybe once every 10s to prevent exploiting it). This should allow for the "chance" of survival, you get hit for a lot BUT you don't get instantly killed.

3. Give a certain ammount of dmg absorption to Offensive toons (not a lot but a bit so that they can deal with incoming DPS). Take vikorin's lair for example, there are a lot of mobs there and their combined dmg on you will melt you before you can do anything not matter how much Healing you have, it's all about "mitigation + healing".

*The changes above could be adjusted differently for AT's, maybe at a 1.2x ration FF to AT (or higher, depending on how this works out)

Bear in mind that I don't say that there should be a lot of %defense or absorption given, but sufficient considering that a Defensive passive user essentially looses 25% dmg (from role) while it gets to have a Defensive passive is not exactly "fair" is it?

What is more important? Being able to run a Defensive Passive or loosing 25% base dmg? That's all the difference is between the two (I disregard the Offensive passive bonus % dmg since it's additive and does not really contribute that much considering how much % dmg we stack)

Try this out (I did ) :

Make an Offensive Toon on PTS and gear him up properly for dmg. Then, on the same build, take a defensive passive and switch to Hybrid role. Check how much DMG you sacrifices for Survivability. You will be shocked to see how small the difference really is. You can Build Defensive toons that can come really close to Offensive toons DPS but Offensive Toons cannot gain as much % mitigation that a Defensive Toon can stack (Defensive Passive + defense from gear )

Once you do this test let me know what you think.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Once you do this test let me know what you think.

I've done that before. If at all possible, I go for the Offensive Passive if it can be built to be able to survive what I want it to survive.

I only run Defensive Passives on character concepts that make it to Live if I'm making a dedicated tank that's designed to hold threat.

It was with that result in mind that I was in favor of the dodge gear nerf, and why I think they've overdone the dodge nerfs to the passives with this most recent build.

Offensive Passives need to not suck, but making them able to achieve as much survival as a Defensive Passive isn't, IMO, the right way to make them not suck.

It runs into that whole issue I mentioned a while back where, because the vast majority of damage is unavoidable, soft CC and things that slow down a battle of attrition aren't that useful. If you have no way of stopping the attrition from the small ranged chip hits, you lose unless you can out-DPS the thing attacking you.

Offensive Passives on their own aren't going to let you out-DPS the things attacking you in normal content, let alone if you're facing something harder than a Villain. You need them coupled with a strong attack, or at least a decent attack and the Offensive Role of your choice.

The solution to this problem that most Freeforms go with now is self-heals, and it's the only valid solution with the way the game's structured. It's also why ATs are usually seen as so much worse than Freeforms.

The quick solution is, as I'm broken-recording here and elsewhere, to grant Freeform to Silvers and keep ATs only as build templates. Then nudge people into getting heals, and maybe make some that aren't so graphically-intrusive.

Then you don't have to design content that has to cater to the lowest-common-denominator of build usefulness, and you can start buffing Offensive Passives to actually be worth taking for more than either built-in Defense (like pre-gearnerf Quarry) or access to the Offensive Roles.

This guy.

Whoo! So it is ok to be "Hey you're that guy..."
    *snip*

Despite the belief, survival is not binary.

There is variation to the experience had when you have plenty survivability vs enough survivability. For a hands on example, take an Ice Form slotted, offense role using, Ice character (with a heal, you really need the heal) and an invuln slotted, tank role using, PA character (A heal would be good to, but will feel less urgent), and try to kill Radion. It's doable with the ice character, but it would not feel easy, and it would take a great deal longer than one might expect from a DPS setup due to the need to constantly activate secondary mitigation powers and block. When I did it I had full justice gear, no secondary gear, and all R7/R5(avoid Severity) mods from Debugger.

The choice should really be: do I sacrifice damage speed for a larger margin for error in reacting to incoming damage, or do I have the ability to respond to incoming damage well enough to make use of the extra damage rate I will get?

It's the job of the designer to carve out the different playstyles and experiences withing these sliding scales of survivability and damage.

As for Quarry vs. Lightning Reflexes, LR should never have been +dodge rating, ever. With the new flat +40% chance at R3, that would mean LR standing around would be 2% points less chance to dodge than Quarry R3 + EM R3 (This is considering Live numbers not nerfed PTS numbers), and it would have more avoidance, and the option to pick up EM as well. The only thing that was really needed was to move it to flat dodge chance.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

While I agree with most of your points, what I'm seeing you say is "survival is binary, reaction time and time spent DPS'ing are a gradient".

Reaction time and time spent DPS'ing scale a lot better with teams than overall survival, however.

You may not be able to trust that Radiant that just joined to keep your HP topped off, but they'll probably at least eat a hit or two that would be otherwise aimed your way.

While I agree with most of your points, what I'm seeing you say is "survival is binary, reaction time and time spent DPS'ing are a gradient".

Reaction time and time spent DPS'ing scale a lot better with teams than overall survival, however.

You may not be able to trust that Radiant that just joined to keep your HP topped off, but they'll probably at least eat a hit or two that would be otherwise aimed your way.

What he's trying to point out, is that a DPS solo player should have as much effectiveness as a Tank solo player, at least from how I'm taking it.
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whoo! So it is ok to be "Hey you're that guy..."

There is variation to the experience had when you have plenty survivability vs enough survivability. For a hands on example, take an Ice Form slotted, offense role using, Ice character (with a heal, you really need the heal) and an invuln slotted, tank role using, PA character (A heal would be good to, but will feel less urgent), and try to kill Radion. It's doable with the ice character, but it would not feel easy, and it would take a great deal longer than one might expect from a DPS setup due to the need to constantly activate secondary mitigation powers and block. When I did it I had full justice gear, no secondary gear, and all R7/R5(avoid Severity) mods from Debugger.

The choice should really be: do I sacrifice damage speed for a larger margin for error in reacting to incoming damage, or do I have the ability to respond to incoming damage well enough to make use of the extra damage rate I will get?

It's the job of the designer to carve out the different playstyles and experiences withing these sliding scales of survivability and damage.

As for Quarry vs. Lightning Reflexes, LR should never have been +dodge rating, ever. With the new flat +40% chance at R3, that would mean LR standing around would be 2% points less chance to dodge than Quarry R3 + EM R3 (This is considering Live numbers not nerfed PTS numbers), and it would have more avoidance, and the option to pick up EM as well. The only thing that was really needed was to move it to flat dodge chance.

While I don't mind the flat rates, I prefer the old way as it felt like I was actually building up a character.

One LR is going to be like the next LR, while before there was a difference in how much one invested into using the mods for higher Dodge/Avoid. The R7 stat mods would give a better Dodge rating than the one using R3 mods.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That's a much better way of saying it, more accurate too. Yes.

Murphy's military laws:

23. "Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Damage scales better with teams, but builds scale better with survivability.

The only time Black Jack Williams has had to block, since level 30, has been Gravitar and Ao'Qephoth. He's an invuln/IDF/defense offense looping monstrosity. When I want to chill out and not think about a darn thing he's my guy.

He's also able to take a lot of different type of powers, because he doesn't need a bunch of abilities to survive. He'll tank, but if someone still manages to drop (Tanker rule #1 never underestimate a Blaster's ability to die) he has a team rez ability. He has -5- attacks because 'eff it I want Laser Sword, Riccochet Throw, Micro Munitions, Mini Gun, and Lightspeed Dash. I have Grapple gun on a build with a lunge because: reasons. Having Overdrive and Reconstruction Circuts means never having to start a fight without full green -or- blue, and despite not needing a block replacer, I have energy shield because honeycomb shield FTW!

On the survivability end of the spectrum, you get options that DPS builds just don't have room for. You may not scale up with damage, as high, but you can build outward in ways they can't, bringing very useful effects to the table, or just doing whatever the hell you want. That's why survival characters wouldn't die off in a system like this. It's a sacrifice you don't have to make, that DPS characters do have to make.

That's an important thing that is often overlooked, and it's one of the best things the freeform system allows for.
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    One LR is going to be like the next LR, while before there was a difference in how much one invested into using the mods for higher Dodge/Avoid. The R7 stat mods would give a better Dodge rating than the one using R3 mods.

6 rank 3 mods all in your superstats provide a total of 463.

6 rank 7 mods all in your superstats provide a total of 547.

Both of these do not include secondaries. Both of these have the 175 added into them.

Now, I do not have 'exact' numbers for these two specific instances but:

Rank 3 LR(LIVE and technically PTS just remove the first set of numbers and replace it with 40%)
    Superstats Total | Dodge Chance# |IGNORETHERESTOFTHESE
    446 268 50% 268 275%
    492 295 50% 295 298%
    536 322 50% 322 320%
    580 348 50% 348 342%

Live Dodge Scaling
    292 dodge grants 54.5%
    306 Dodge grants 55.3%
    445 Dodge grants 61.7%

PTS Dodge Scaling
    292 dodge grants 25.5%
    306 Dodge grants 26%
    382 Dodge grants 28.4%
    445 Dodge grants 30.1%

Now, the impact of the stats after going through conversion provide less of a 'gain' than the mental feel of getting 'better' gear.

In other words: It feels good to have nice things but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...just always assume the horse is adequate enough to get you where you are going..
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ayonachan wrote: »
    6 rank 3 mods all in your superstats provide a total of 463.

6 rank 7 mods all in your superstats provide a total of 547.

Both of these do not include secondaries. Both of these have the 175 added into them.

Now, I do not have 'exact' numbers for these two specific instances but:

Rank 3 LR(LIVE and technically PTS just remove the first set of numbers and replace it with 40%)
    Superstats Total | Dodge Chance# |IGNORETHERESTOFTHESE
    446 268 50% 268 275%
    492 295 50% 295 298%
    536 322 50% 322 320%
    580 348 50% 348 342%

Live Dodge Scaling
    292 dodge grants 54.5%
    306 Dodge grants 55.3%
    445 Dodge grants 61.7%

PTS Dodge Scaling
    292 dodge grants 25.5%
    306 Dodge grants 26%
    382 Dodge grants 28.4%
    445 Dodge grants 30.1%

Now, the impact of the stats after going through conversion provide less of a 'gain' than the mental feel of getting 'better' gear.

In other words: It feels good to have nice things but don't look a gift horse in the mouth...just always assume the horse is adequate enough to get you where you are going..

I know some of it is just feel. I know me going from R6 to R7 mods on some characters is such a small increase it's barely noticeable, I just like the idea of building to improve. :)

One can still improve in other areas of course, but building up characters is just part of the fun for me :)
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    I know some of it is just feel. I know me going from R6 to R7 mods on some characters is such a small increase it's barely noticeable, I just like the idea of building to improve. :)

One can still improve in other areas of course, but building up characters is just part of the fun for me :)

My message was not to think of your small increases as such. My message was to not become like me. Bitter from knowing the limits of the game of which I spend my time in.

If only one could turn off the character sheet as if it was zone chat...the amount of grief seeing all of our efforts at gaining meaningful bonuses and what it took to obtain them..all for not when we see what little they actually provide for us..

So, cherish all the little things...for buttercups are poisonous to cows and other livestock..
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    storing Drifter salvage in your account bank.

Is that the Q bank, your hideout bank or what?
    will it automatically transfer all salvage all your players have there, when first initiated?

I have over 70 characters and no idea how many have salvage on them
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I just hit reply instead of edit

storing Drifter salvage in your account bank.

Thank you, just tried it.
    I have over 70 characters and no idea how many have salvage on them
    any chance of doing the same for the other currencies or having the character with a total amount on their sheet. Snake gulch tokens are especially spread all over my characters
    BUG
    deposit resources
    press ALL and it asks for 1G 1N more than you have
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Not a bug, but since it's untestable by players, this needs developer attention:

What happens when a Silver player tries to use the "All" button to take out more than 250G?

I assume that there is already a mechanic in place to stop Silvers from taking too much out at once, but it would be good to test to make sure it still works with the new feature.

If possible, I'd suggest that the "All" button makes a player withdraw [(Cap - Current) or (All stored resources)], whichever is less, just to make sure that it doesn't adversely affect anyone, Silver or Gold*.

*Yes, Gold players have a cap. It's just really, really high. Someone found it a while ago, Bacon Overlord, IIRC.
    edited November 2013
    When you try to trade with silver players and give them even 1 local more than their cap you cannot complete the trade so I suppose it will do the exact same.

The resource cap for Gold players(and also supergroups) is 2^31 -1 or 214748 Globals 36 Nationals 47 Locals
    The resource cap for Hideouts is 100000 Globals.
    There is no perk for getting to the resource cap(Forgive me Gaia for I have sinned!)

As it turns out, trying to find out the cap for drifter's salvage is just too silly of a job to do. So, forget about it.

You can sell things when you are at the resource cap...you only lose the item and gain no resources whatsoever.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    [*]You can now store Drifter Salvage in your Account Bank.

Now can you do the same for Questionite sometime in the future?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think I found a bug or at least something weird is going on.

I've tested Quarry vs Targeting Computer and I'm getting lower dps with Targeting Computer. There are 2 aspects which are werid:

1. Crits are bigger with Quarry although Targeting Computer is supposed to give 15% severity. The crits are about ~10 higher.

2. Crit Chance seems to be 1-2% higher with Targeting Computer compared to Quarry. This is off since it's supposed to give 10% more crit chance. Unless this 10% is not flat but an actual percentage of the current crit chance.

With Targeting computer I get ~ 4095 dps and with Quarry 4356. This is quite suprising considering the 10% crit chance and %15 severity bonus from TC.

@ayonachan (or anyone else who has a combat log parser) could you make a DEX build (to test the sev, and crit) of those two passives? I want to check if somehow my build is causing the difference here or this is a BUG. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    double post
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd probably consider rolling back the dodge/avoid changes to about the same spot they sat at in the last dodge/avoid change. Maybe drop about 4-6% from there?
  • Options
    radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BTW Radio, is there any change to keep pets from triggering it?

Pets not triggering the flaming prison will be in the next PTS build. (But that won't be in time for this weekend)
  • Options
    yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG:

NIght Warrior Passive at Rank 1 is granting %41 additional damage, %80 Dodge Chance, and 23 Avoidance Rating

Rank 3 grants numbers that seem off as well, minus damage. %59 for Damage, %16 Dodge Chance, and 33 Avoidance.
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    I'd probably consider rolling back the dodge/avoid changes to about the same spot they sat at in the last dodge/avoid change. Maybe drop about 4-6% from there?

Start off by rolling the passives (WotW, LR and NW) back. Buff Quarry's dodge and nerf Evasive Maneuvers even more. Both powers go hand-in-hand. Quarry should be giving archers most of their dodge, not Evasive Maneuvers. I think that's a lot of the problem. Evasive Maneuvers gives way too much dodge. Any free form can use it as a crutch. Just look at the numbers. Based on rank 3 figures, it's 7% more than Quarry (12%), 3% more than Night Warrior (16%) and 1% less than WotW (20%).

I'm all for making 100% dodge difficult or impossible to hit, but the best route to do it without crippling ATs is to tone down the powers free forms abuse stacking dodge. Nerfing the passives just puts ATs at a further disadvantage than what they were, while free forms still have their ways of making up for their losses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    New updates shortly on Fire and Ice on the dedicated feedback thread here - http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248011

tl;dr version is that it still needs quite a bit of work - but we did beat it twice.

And the reward...is a rock.

Edit: and yeah, the 1 N too many bug in the shared bank account when you hit deposit all is slightly annoying.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After doing some pts play. LR should get the highest dodge by far of any passive.
    Not WOTW. Not Quarry. Not Night Warrior. Lightning Reflexes! As it stands now, it's a bit higher than the others, but the others have offensive benefits that LR doesn't.

The trade off should be a LOT higher dodge. Otherwise, why not just pick any of the others and call it a day. 40% dodge at level r3? Really? Is this not, Lightning reflexes?

Maybe, 45%-48% at rank r3? I don't think that's going over board for a passive that's suppose to rely on dodge to keep you upright. Also, like I mentioned, I have tried out the new changes on the pst and wouldn't lose any sleep if it went live today.

I just think after all the dodge changes there should be at least ONE good dodge passive.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    After doing some pts play. LR should get the highest dodge by far of any passive.
    Not WOTW. Not Quarry. Not Night Warrior. Lightning Reflexes! As it stands now, it's a bit higher than the others, but the others have offensive benefits that LR doesn't.

The trade off should be a LOT higher dodge. Otherwise, why not just pick any of the others and call it a day. 40% dodge at level r3? Really? Is this not, Lightning reflexes?

Maybe, 45%-48% at rank r3? I don't think that's going over board for a passive that's suppose to rely on dodge to keep you upright. Also, like I mentioned, I have tried out the new changes on the pst and wouldn't lose any sleep if it went live today.

I just think after all the dodge changes there should be at least ONE good dodge passive.

Or maybe... 50%, like it was before the reduction to the current 40%?

I still don't see why it needed the reduction. Yes, the 50% (actually 60% because of the base 10%) could be pushed pretty high with gear and specs, and even over 100% temporarily through the use of powers, but as lovehammer here said - that's ALL it does, it should do it well.
    edited November 2013
    Question: Has there been any "official" word as to why the dodge values were dialled back further than their previous values? Were they breaking something?

If they were not breaking anything I'd like to ask for them to be returned to their previous iteration values, those values whilst low are "significantly" more desirable than the ones we currently have. Especially since that value is static.
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or maybe... 50%, like it was before the reduction to the current 40%?

I still don't see why it needed the reduction. Yes, the 50% (actually 60% because of the base 10%) could be pushed pretty high with gear and specs, and even over 100% temporarily through the use of powers, but as lovehammer here said - that's ALL it does, it should do it well.

Agreed lightning reflexes should have the highest dodge I see absolutely wrong with it being able to achivea dodge of 100% for brief periods useing other powers with a name lightning reflexes I esxpect flash or quicksilver type dodging.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic. Check the feedback.

Lightning reflexes needs a boost from it's current state on the pts.
    Nothing insane. But, 40% is way too low for a passive named LIGHTNING reflexes.

I mean dodge is all it has. At least make it worth taking, right?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed lightning reflexes should have the highest dodge I see absolutely wrong with it being able to achivea dodge of 100% for brief periods useing other powers with a name lightning reflexes I esxpect flash or quicksilver type dodging.

Arguably you could say that now, LR does have the highest % dodge now, because (correct me if I am wrong) you cannot achieve 50% dodge for a long period of time (aka permanently) without LR and without utilizing any energy or powers.

The value of 50% can be buffed by other powers, that's something we should all remember but then again...perhaps a rename to "Reflexes" or "Artful Dodger" to avoid any misrepresentation issues with a name like Lightning Reflexes.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for the Drifter Bank change, can't wait for that to go live.

I am still meh on the dodge stuff. With the tiny updates/new content, I don't "play" the game enough for it to effect me.

BUT!. . .Thank you to all of you who have been testing the changes. Great feedback from all of you guys and gals, good job :)
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic. Check the feedback.

Lightning reflexes needs a boost from it's current state on the pts.
    Nothing insane. But, 40% is way too low for a passive named LIGHTNING reflexes.

I mean dodge is all it has. At least make it worth taking, right?

Agreed. Put it back to 50%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Against everything that people are saying I was on the PTS and actually found this one user of LR extremely hard to kill, I couldn't get him under half HP. People seem to forget that LR isn't the only thing that gives dodge, other powers give dodge for a reason.

EDIT:

Okay so I quickly went and did some tests with LR again just to back myself up here.

I was dex primary using brush it off from the spec tree, this would give me 10% more dodge chance flat if the attack that hits me is AOE. In other words if I manage to get to 90% dodge then I will be able to dodge all of Gravitars attacks.
    Brush it off

Lets have a look at how high you get dodge with the new gear + r7 gamblers + r5 avoidance.

LR only

Okay now come on, look at that avoidance. 60% dodge isn?t even that bad seeing as this is only with LR, I am strongly against being able to get so high dodge by only choosing one power, if your theme is based around dodging then surely you should have lots of other things to increase your dodge.

LR with more buffs added

Okay so here is how a true dodge based build may look while in combat without stacking anything past a single stack. I have it on one stack of EM with a single stack of various other buffs which increase dodge by like 1-3% each then I'm using shuriken storm to bring dodge up even higher. Remember there is still the 10% extra dodge against AOE meaning we are currently over 100% against AOE attacks.

LR + EM

Here is one stack of EM with LR, seeing as this is pretty much what your dodge will ATLEAST be at?. Yeah?. If they do the suggested change by everyone here to add 10% this will go past 90% meaning we?ll be at 100% chance to dodge AOE 24/7, what a great way to troll gravitar. :D

LR + 2*EM + ShirStorm

I found this one fairly funny, here is what happens if you get 2 stacks of EM while using shuriken storm while having LR as your buff. Mmmm hmmm?. I still want that 10% more dodge chance by the way.

LR + 2*EM

Don?t feel like using shuriken storm? No problem, double stacking EM will come to your rescue. I?m still fairly worried about that NPC that may hit through my dodge though, that 1k damage may be really hard to heal up against. :O Oh I forgot I had conviction!

LR + ShirStorm

Just to show how shuriken storm is on it?s own.

I know that many people say 'I don't want to have to get EM or any other dodge mechanic' well then it's your fault that you don't have as high dodge then isn't it. It's almost like saying 'I want to have ice form but my theme is darkness powers so I won't get anything that will hit elemental.' I know I am in the minority in saying how dodge is fine like it is currently, but COME ON look at the numbers. ;D This is with DEX primary which in my opinion isn't actually that bad, the dodge and avoidance mechanics on it could do with upgrading in some way though, they are WAY too low in comparison to the crit severity you get.

BTW this is before taking in to account MD which you can get down to 20 seconds cooldown. 24/7 100% dodge chance + 90% avoidance = game borked, simple as that.

Also if there is a ? randomly in the text it's because all ' got turned into them. Sorry. :<
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    During my Fire and ice runs I used a LR and Defiant build. Here is the difference in damage I saw when running LR vs running fulls stacks of Defiant.

Damage taken - Base damage
    The top one is LR.
    lrvde.jpg

The big problem is being able to hit and maintain 100% dodge, which can be primarily faulted to flat dodge powers, Fluidity and Evasive Maneuvers in particular. During the fight it did take me some time to adjust to ensuring my dodge buffs were maintained, which cut down on my dps output. However I spent a far greater amount of time maintaining my health on the Defiant build, as the damage intake was so much greater.

Dodge is meant to be a chance, and should be kept that way. 100% dodge should be reserved for active defenses and only them.

Avoidance should also be looked at. It could use a much stricter DR rate, 90% is a bit much.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    [~facts~]

Do this with Quarry too, just for compares o3o
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Do this with Quarry too, just for compares o3o

Shouldn't the numbers be exactly the same, but reduced by whatever the difference between Quarry and LR is?