Install Arc
Options

The amusing moment picture thread!

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    earth flight when you take off from sand.

Dust cloud
    earthflight_zps76b28e42.png
    oops not from sand, from activating while in the air.
    just retried it

And if you activate Earth Flight on a frozen lake, you get pretty kickassery Ice Flight.:wink:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    now you've got me wanting to try it on a frozen lake, lava only give you concrete rubble, I was disappointed with that.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    now you've got me wanting to try it on a frozen lake, lava only give you concrete rubble, I was disappointed with that.
    what out a puddle of green goo? IIRC the desert has a region like that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what out a puddle of green goo? IIRC the desert has a region like that.

The only things you can get are Concrete, Metal, Grass, Rock, Dirt, Snow, Ice, and Cloud
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    so, goo would probably be either cloud or dirt?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    wonder if the ice one would give green ice?
    finally got my new computer, so I have seen the ice/stone flight for the first time in 3 years of play. also got to see ball lightning, still trying to spot fire snake.

• Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We tried to do Gemini with 4 low level Automatons...

screenshot_2014-09-14-00-12-42_zps078bb53c.jpg

It didn't work too well... :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so, goo would probably be either cloud or dirt?

From what I've seen, anything in liquid gives what ever the ground at the bottom of the liquid is.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »

that picture looks familiar, any group of low levels can get that result. all you have to do is keep dying.

we eventually bombed them in the doorway

• Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    that picture looks familiar, any group of low levels can get that result. all you have to do is keep dying.

we eventually bombed them in the doorway

I am pretty sure my savage wouldn't have achieved such a situation quickly... My disciple... Maybe... Only because the disciple's power increases as it levels along a gradient (though EB breach and EB annhilation are bursts of power)

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Ego Blade Frenzy just destroys mob groups.

Yeah, that too, just that my crit isn't high enough to kill that many Geminis! I have like 140 ego nd only 32 dex and I am only lvl 10

What quest is that btw? I haven't come across such a quest yet...

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    the one with the aggressive sleepwalkers?? what's your handle I'll show you :D

That AND the Gemini one...

@purpulius btw

And I have been wondering when I first met @CloudsAtDawn

Turns out she has been in my friends list even before I had began "forumming" (which was around the time I joined the official Costume contest)....

~me
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Without some sort of AoE DPS...

Well, you see the results. Kind of awesome looking cap, though. :smile:

If it was happening in a real comic book, it might be the last image of a part one. The next issue would have a cover with same or nearly the same pic, but the tide would turn a page or two later when a hero with just the right AoE DPS powers arrived to team up. (say a Tempest with Lightning Storm or at the very least, Sparkstorm with Electric Personality.)
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Or Mentix with ego blade frenzy

~me
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Its like a blue man group convention O__O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You came to the wrong neighborhood.jpg lol
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That moment of realization..
    meme.jpg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    If you think having Destroids on the streets is bad enough:

2cik49k.jpg

Doctor Destroyer can invade everywhere!
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I finally fought him for the first time. In the Vibora story mission, he managed to make 4 copies before I smashed him. However, this was with me playing a character that was overleveled... I just blasted him with Skarn's Bane a few times. It also took out his dupes. But it's the simple fact he was able to create 4 dupes in that short a time that was a little scary... It reminds me of that annoying spider thing you have to fight inside Socrates....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    he starts duplicating at 2/3 health and just keeps doing it, about every 5 seconds, just spam an aoe at him, that does it.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    meme.jpg
    ...and why is someone with that many blades sticking out of them even permitted to traipse around inside an innocent victim's brain? Is this MicroMan's new version of a lobotomy?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    ...and why is someone with that many blades sticking out of them even permitted to traipse around inside an innocent victim's brain? Is this MicroMan's new version of a lobotomy?

He let Miss Behavin, a walking bad luck magnet, shrink down and beat up these robots in somebody's brain. For all he knows, she probably made the poor sap's life expectancy drop to his mid-30's or somehow made his heart stop for the duration of time that she was in there.

This is only the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Heck, MicroMan let Bombardier into a couple of brains and Bomb's powerset is radiation. Bomb probably gave those two people brain cancer! Saved them from burning to death though, whew!
    edited September 2014
    Oh please. The only way that the level layout in that mission could make sense is if that's intestines.

The brain:
    • is not even close to hollow
    • is mostly white/grey in color
    • would probably have neurons on it if it actually were a level.

The intestnes:
    • has very long hallways
    • could feasibly support several nanobots, a bladed dude, a catgirl, an animatronic bunny, and a miniature edible sarlaac without any noticeable problems: especially if they're that small.
    • doesn't have a skull in the way to stop needles with

clearly Silverback is actually a normal-intelligence monkey that just sounds smart, and Microman never took physiology classes.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

Sister Silicon Prime would like to apologize to Louisa Kohl for erasing her entire junior year of high school with a stray plasma beam. Computing a first-order approximation of beam over-penetration without knowing the exact scaling factor of Microman's shrink ray was, well, problematic.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sister Silicon Prime would like to apologize to Louisa Kohl for erasing her entire junior year of high school with a stray plasma beam. Computing a first-order approximation of beam over-penetration without knowing the exact scaling factor of Microman's shrink ray was, well, problematic.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Seeing some of the things growing in her brain already, I don't think she'd have lasted long enough to need to remember that anyway.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And here I was worried that my Sigils might have electrocuted the squishy floor. <_< >_>
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    meme.jpg

Side effects of having a tiny superhero in your brain may include -

Dry Mouth, Severe Weight Loss, Restless Leg Syndrome, Restless Arm Syndrome, Restless Torso Syndrome, Massive weight gain, Rage, Mild Hulkism, Phantom Hand Syndrome, Vivid dreams of self-cannibalism, Scruffula, Bad humors, Late onset albinism, Spontaneous pregnancy, Increased risk of vampire attack, Dry mouth, Hairy Uvula, Speaking in tongues, Spontaneous and uncontrollable gum growth, Increased appetite, Permanent blindness, Mild kidney explosions, Testicular cranberrying, Rectal hallucinations, Pulmonary weevils, Brain tooth, Reemergence of the umbilical cord, Vein seizures, aortal collapse, Monkey-lung, Autonomous nipple syndrome, Genital migration, Brain tooth, Lactose addiction, X-ray hearing, Prolonged erections, (but… not where you’d hope), Lung-fire, Eye-curdling, Abdominal migration, Urethral nodding, Honus Wagner’s disease, A rare and irreversible condition known as carcassing, Goferism, Multi-brow, Tracheal meerkat colonies, involuntary Narnia adventures, ADHDEAD, Whatever happens when you drink rocket fuel, Testicular myopia, Warlock hump, Scrappy Doo-ism, Rocky Mountain oysterism, Grover Norquist syndrome, Rectal buffalo wings, Thoracic geysers, Nostril inversion, Inability to breathe on weekends, Rectal frosting, Arby’s Mouth, Tennis Scrotum, Pituitary ferns, Skeletal xylophoning, Teriyaki Lung, radio-active earballing, viral video syndrome, mock-turtle neck, Angina monologs, ultraviolet hearing, internal belly-buttoning, Siamese nipples, hair swelling, involuntary blowhole, bearded thalamus, transsexual kidneys, rectal dyslexia, scrotal bassoon, Jimmy crack corns, spontaneous Harper's Subscription, adult-onset infancy, carpel testical syndrome, hepatitis bees, spaghetti ovaries, argyle pattern baldness, lou ferrignos, rectal departure, strangulated narnia, nine inch nails, beast infection, Rosemary's rabies, Jack Russel derriere, viral deportation syndrome and "The Clumps."
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    meme.jpg

I'm still waiting for a nemesis ambush. Boy...they are in for a rude awakening.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Side effects of having a tiny superhero in your brain may include -

Dry Mouth, Severe Weight Loss, Restless Leg Syndrome, Restless Arm Syndrome, Restless Torso Syndrome, Massive weight gain, Rage, Mild Hulkism, Phantom Hand Syndrome, Vivid dreams of self-cannibalism, Scruffula, Bad humors, Late onset albinism, Spontaneous pregnancy, Increased risk of vampire attack, Dry mouth, Hairy Uvula, Speaking in tongues, Spontaneous and uncontrollable gum growth, Increased appetite, Permanent blindness, Mild kidney explosions, Testicular cranberrying, Rectal hallucinations, Pulmonary weevils, Brain tooth, Reemergence of the umbilical cord, Vein seizures, aortal collapse, Monkey-lung, Autonomous nipple syndrome, Genital migration, Brain tooth, Lactose addiction, X-ray hearing, Prolonged erections, (but… not where you’d hope), Lung-fire, Eye-curdling, Abdominal migration, Urethral nodding, Honus Wagner’s disease, A rare and irreversible condition known as carcassing, Goferism, Multi-brow, Tracheal meerkat colonies, involuntary Narnia adventures, ADHDEAD, Whatever happens when you drink rocket fuel, Testicular myopia, Warlock hump, Scrappy Doo-ism, Rocky Mountain oysterism, Grover Norquist syndrome, Rectal buffalo wings, Thoracic geysers, Nostril inversion, Inability to breathe on weekends, Rectal frosting, Arby’s Mouth, Tennis Scrotum, Pituitary ferns, Skeletal xylophoning, Teriyaki Lung, radio-active earballing, viral video syndrome, mock-turtle neck, Angina monologs, ultraviolet hearing, internal belly-buttoning, Siamese nipples, hair swelling, involuntary blowhole, bearded thalamus, transsexual kidneys, rectal dyslexia, scrotal bassoon, Jimmy crack corns, spontaneous Harper's Subscription, adult-onset infancy, carpel testical syndrome, hepatitis bees, spaghetti ovaries, argyle pattern baldness, lou ferrignos, rectal departure, strangulated narnia, nine inch nails, beast infection, Rosemary's rabies, Jack Russel derriere, viral deportation syndrome and "The Clumps."
    Oh.... I laughed until it hurt. :D It reminds me of a poster from some place I used to work:

"The Office of the Surgeon General has determined that working here may cause the following side effects:

Headaches, dizziness, nausea, internal and/or external bleeding, carpal tunnel, fainting spells, accelerated dementia, stuttering, loss of eyesight in one or both eyes, dry skin, general malaise, runny nose, writer's cramp, lethargy, an insatiable need to "end it all", coughing, watery eyes, uncontrollable drooling, gum disease, high blood pressure (or no blood pressure), vertigo when standing up, an uncomfortable itching when sitting down, severe gastronomic distension, swelling of the joints, slight blue tinge from lack of (any) oxygen, unceasing anxiety attacks, stroke, kidney failure (mostly from drinking at the water fountains), flat feet, bad back, liver disease, the body's spontaneous rejection of major vital organs, losing your car keys, arthritis in several (if not most) joints below chest level, depression, lactose intolerance, heightened awareness of the "fight or flight" response, permanent hearing loss, empathy for rodents and cockroaches, acute tinitus in one or both ears, lockjaw, the immune system's inability to cope against Hunta virus, hallucinations, coma, uncontrollable thirst, and/or shock(from lack of blood, air, or organs)."

No, I didn't type it up from memory. I made a photocopy.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Excellent choice. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh.... I laughed until it hurt. :D It reminds me of a poster from some place I used to work:

"The Office of the Surgeon General has determined that working here may cause the following side effects:

Headaches, dizziness, nausea, internal and/or external bleeding, carpal tunnel, fainting spells, accelerated dementia, stuttering, loss of eyesight in one or both eyes, dry skin, general malaise, runny nose, writer's cramp, lethargy, an insatiable need to "end it all", coughing, watery eyes, uncontrollable drooling, gum disease, high blood pressure (or no blood pressure), vertigo when standing up, an uncomfortable itching when sitting down, severe gastronomic distension, swelling of the joints, slight blue tinge from lack of (any) oxygen, unceasing anxiety attacks, stroke, kidney failure (mostly from drinking at the water fountains), flat feet, bad back, liver disease, the body's spontaneous rejection of major vital organs, losing your car keys, arthritis in several (if not most) joints below chest level, depression, lactose intolerance, heightened awareness of the "fight or flight" response, permanent hearing loss, empathy for rodents and cockroaches, acute tinitus in one or both ears, lockjaw, the immune system's inability to cope against Hunta virus, hallucinations, coma, uncontrollable thirst, and/or shock(from lack of blood, air, or organs)."

No, I didn't type it up from memory. I made a photocopy.

With only a few exceptions, what I copied and pasted came from the brilliant minds over at The Colbert Report. I did use their formula to conjure one or two side-effects. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ah nice. I liked that poster from work so much I still have a copy(on paper)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    screenshot_2014-09-18-18-51-22_zpsf33d0093.jpg
    Sausage thighs.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2a7de2d.jpg
    ws49a8.jpg
    vcqs9d.jpg

Perpetually Burning Man has some sweet moves.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    requesting ;dance_flail

• Options
    edited September 2014
    a little known side effect of the nano virus. desolidification
    woops_zpsa692b6a8.png

• Options
    edited September 2014
    kemmicals wrote: »
    screenshot_2014-09-18-18-51-22_zpsf33d0093.jpg
    Sausage thighs.

meh, people have different shapes.

demon-
    wearing armour, only on extremities,
    bikini on the bit with all the organs....
    and horn rimmed glasses to show she has brains.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    and the new treatment, keep their head in a freezer.
    woops2_zpsac8b1d57.png

• Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So disconnects are funny. I tend to find myself using the 'stuck doing one move' time to take screenshots.

Kinetidroid... ACTION KICK AND LOOK AT THE CAMERA!

10671235_509383592531615_7922556831674670787_n.jpg?oh=b048d199cde44663460f8c9513a15b2e&oe=54C47BBD
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Depending on your perpsective, this could be interpreted either as an epic picture or an amusing one.
    n4GOSNi.png

We are all pilots
    Beaming the world
    Truly outrageous
    and too advantageous, WOO

We are all pilots
    With supertanks
    Fearless and daring
    But can't use them in banks, YEAH

• Options
    edited September 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    Depending on your perpsective, this could be interpreted either as an epic picture or an amusing one.
    n4GOSNi.png

We are all pilots
    Beaming the world
    Truly outrageous
    and too advantageous, WOO

We are all pilots
    With supertanks
    Fearless and daring
    But can't use them in banks, YEAH

O.o so many vehicles at one time... Wow what ST?

~me
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also... Hey, turns out on low graphical settings you can blow open a chunk error and find your way into the Nether! (apparently below Rasta's Depths or whatever it's spelt like there's a giant tiling square of lava)

10600574_509383595864948_8494777638660676698_n.jpg?oh=a5d7782326f1492ddd5f8f4949462b46&oe=548DD526

(reposted due to this thread's rules on amount of pictures per post)
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    vorshoth wrote: »
    Also... Hey, turns out on low graphical settings you can blow open a chunk error and find your way into the Nether! (apparently below Rasta's Depths or whatever it's spelt like there's a giant tiling square of lava)

10600574_509383595864948_8494777638660676698_n.jpg?oh=a5d7782326f1492ddd5f8f4949462b46&oe=548DD526

(reposted due to this thread's rules on amount of pictures per post)

actually thats the lava floor, it only looks like tiles till you get close. Three years on low graphics, I know that map well.

my favourite is still Ren center; floor, furniture, NPC's, some clothes, players.(ok mine tended to load real slow.)

Do Desert especially the Fallout mission and you can watch Talismans clothes vanish before she does.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    xZaOibE.png

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    4koma.jpg
    MC citizens suddenly punched my face. And then started to burn. I healed her for my duty but was no meaning.
    MC citizens is very scary. Go home go bed or call medic when you feel sickness. Don't walk everywhere. This is Pandemic!!!! @3@