test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is YOUR fault. Now shush and stop buying.

13»

Comments

• istari5istari5 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too wish for a greater focus on content as in new missions, leveling paths, zones, lairs...

The unfortunate thing is I would be perfectly willing to pay for things like Adventure Packs, Comic Series, Lairs and Zones/Expansion Packs.

Yes Cryptic may have gotten a bad response 6 months after launch with Vibora Bay; but we have a much more savvy player base now. People understand free to play means that the content that you are willing to pay for is where the bulk of the development resources get allocated. Vehicles only appeal to certain character concepts. I have bought several already where it makes sense for the character concept. Really don't mind; just like I don't mind buying cosmic keys. But wish I had the opportunity to spend more of my money on mission content. Really wish Cryptic would give the players another chance to throw them some money for the real content that many of us want.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't mind spending money on costume sets, hideouts, boosts, travel powers or vehicles, rename and respec tokens etc... Those are things that should be in the store, definitely. What I don't like is being punished when I can't afford to resub this game. I can't play any of my FF characters (nearly all of them are), I can't convert any of them without paying, and even when I delete a ff character to make room for a new one (so I can use one of, what? five ****ty AT's?) it doesn't leave the slot I PAID FOR. Nope. it just takes it away completely and then customer service tells you to **** off because you don't subscribe... But the benefits for subbing aren't worth the price tag.

The game itself lacked the content to even be considered finished when it came out. That remains to be the case to this day. I have never played an MMO that retained the same areas without expansions years after its original release. The level of attention this game does not warrant a 15 dollar subscription fee. They have made it quite clear they do not care about this title, that it is merely a spring board to help fund other projects. Well, fine, but drop the subscription altogether and trust in your store purchases for revenue. The game is simply not worth a monthly fee, especially when little (if any) money that I spend on it is not being funneled into that game's development.

Now they have added lock boxes, great. That has added zero incentive for me to play. ZERO. It adds ZERO incentive to spend money because it is a disgusting cash grab, a bald faced kick in the community's family jewels. As a silver player I am entitled to nothing despite the fact I have spent hundreds of dollars on the cstore/ztore been subscribed for a long time before finally cancelling several months ago.

Why? Because they treat me like garbage and I can't even access the characters whose slots I have already paid for... Why? SO subscribers can feel special? And if I want an FF slot, I now have to pay 50 dollars or grind questionite for six months?

The expectations are ludicrous and implausible for anyone who has a life outside their computer. I am locked out of the game, shunted to the side and unappreciated because my financial situation currently does not allow me to pay a monthly sub for a game that has given so little in return for the time when I could afford to pay it. And I would gladly sub again for some consistent development and for christ sake, SOME REAL CONTENT.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    Why? Because they treat me like garbage and I can't even access the characters whose slots I have already paid for... Why? SO subscribers can feel special? And if I want an FF slot, I now have to pay 50 dollars or grind questionite for six months?

Did you actually buy character slots and pay for the characters ? Or did you subscribe, and then let the subscription lapse ?

For what its worth it is possible to get the price of a FF character slot reduced dramatically in far less than 6 months of questionite farming.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    Okay, thread is way too close to a flame war. If you want to discuss, go ahead in a new thread, but please don't turn it into a flame war.
This discussion has been closed.