test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We have a responsibility to our brothers and sisters.

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tossing another thanks into the ring. Still poking around. I did a bit of fast levelling to 10 today on a dual swordsie just to unlock the full character creator. Still looking at what I will actually play while I decide if I like it or not.

I'll probably end up here at least a little. I have a lot of friends who've been on star wars, and as much as I don't like that game's story, I do like being able to play with my ex rommates and other people I know in real life.

Still, you guys are awesome.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tossing another thanks into the ring. Still poking around. I did a bit of fast levelling to 10 today on a dual swordsie just to unlock the full character creator. Still looking at what I will actually play while I decide if I like it or not.

I'll probably end up here at least a little. I have a lot of friends who've been on star wars, and as much as I don't like that game's story, I do like being able to play with my ex rommates and other people I know in real life.

Still, you guys are awesome.

Welcome aboard ^__^

Always nice to see more CoX players in CO.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Unleashed Archetype is pretty much a Jedi. ;)

Unfortunately, it doesn't use laser sword.

(As an aside, man... I wish there was a laser sword AT!)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zahinder wrote: »
    The Unleashed Archetype is pretty much a Jedi. ;)

Unfortunately, it doesn't use laser sword.

(As an aside, man... I wish there was a laser sword AT!)

There are plenty of swords that are similar in style to laser swords, such as this
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you're freeform, the beam sword from the PA set is perfection, and does crazy damage. Throw some intelligence for cost reduction, Dex and Ego, and the Form for crits returning energy (Tempest? I forget) and it can be pretty damn Jedi. I started to make one but got distracted by the other new PA powers and totally went off track with that concept, but up to that point it was working something fierce.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    There are plenty of swords that are similar in style to laser swords, such as this

Yeah, a lot of people have suggested those tech swords, but I think they look like you're hitting someone over the head with an art deco neon lamp. Meh.

The laser sword looks PERFECT. Heck, for a while I had a laser sword-using laser knight type, and that was BEFORE we had more than one laser sword power. (I ended up kicking a lot before hitting with sword)

But now I'm silver, so limited to ATs.

If you're freeform, though... woopa.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, a lot of people have suggested those tech swords, but I think they look like you're hitting someone over the head with an art deco neon lamp. Meh.

The laser sword looks PERFECT. Heck, for a while I had a laser sword-using laser knight type, and that was BEFORE we had more than one laser sword power. (I ended up kicking a lot before hitting with sword)

Ya Cryptic seems to be a fan of the game No More Heroes :/
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012

There are others available via unlocks, which look better. Here is full list, the unleashed energy swords all suit laser sword wielders.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i was reading on the city of boards and came aross this little nugget of info, while it was posted by goldengirl, it does have a csr responds.

"[Admin] Alpha Wolf: Sorry guys but I don't have any new update. I know Paragon management is having discussion with ncsoft and investors. Continue get people to sign online petitions, post on game forums, and just continue to make noises so ncsoft cannot ignore players."
    looks like there is steam coming up from this. i even singed the petetion. i still have no idea why i did. there was the com manager responds. "I want everyone to please temper their expectations with the word "discussions". Please, don't take this to mean more than it does, at this point in time. " from zwil.

for me id hold till there is an offecial announcement. i thought id shair this with yall.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To be blunt, I've seen discussions like this for many past beloved games. And while I know people will believe no one is more passionate about their community than the game that is in trouble now, that just isn't true. Each and every game started petitions, looked for ways, and even developers went to the mat with the publisher, but they still closed down. Asheron's Call 2 had a huge petition, in fact, and so did Matrix Online, as well as SWG and Tabula Rasa.

Some may call it just being negative, but it isn't being negative by demonstrating the facts as they are known and the reality. You can count on one hand the number of games that have been saved.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    skyrocker58skyrocker58 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @SkyRocker on Virtue, @skyrocker58 here. Looking to make new friends as well as keep old Paragon friends.

Don't know if I'll sub yet, that 3 month deal is looking pretty sweet but I don't get paid until next week :frown:

I'd love to be on anyone and everyone's friend list, looking forward to making some new hero memories.

Hello Everyone!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Some may call it just being negative, but it isn't being negative by demonstrating the facts as they are known and the reality. You can count on one hand the number of games that have been saved.

I'm curious what games HAVE been saved this way. I don't know of any.

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Didn't Ultima Online get a reprieve, like umpteen bazillion years ago, like in the days of gaming Online with a 56k modem?
    Way back when I was still in my 20's and still had a few, lonely, still (barely) functional brain cells(thank you Rum!)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm curious what games HAVE been saved this way. I don't know of any.

APB, but that was because the parent company was the developer as well and was able to sell to GamersFirst, but many, myself included, believe that APB came out worse in the deal on that one. The only other game that can be stated as having been saved from the fires of oblivion is Horizons, now known as Istaria, though saved is the loosest of terms since at last time I heard they have at most 1,200 active players there.
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Didn't Ultima Online get a reprieve, like umpteen bazillion years ago, like in the days of gaming Online with a 56k modem?
    Way back when I was still in my 20's and still had a few, lonely, still (barely) functional brain cells(thank you Rum!)

The only time, and this is hearsay at best, that I heard of is when the former head of Mythic entertainment group supposedly lobbied EA to not shut UO down. Supposedly, the rumor goes, EA was about to close UO but Mark Jacobs stepped in and said not to, and basically saved UO from the fires. Whether that is true or not is left to interpretation as I have found no official remarks or statements anywhere. If it is true, that would have been around 3 or 4 years ago.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    To be blunt, I've seen discussions like this for many past beloved games. And while I know people will believe no one is more passionate about their community than the game that is in trouble now, that just isn't true. Each and every game started petitions, looked for ways, and even developers went to the mat with the publisher, but they still closed down. Asheron's Call 2 had a huge petition, in fact, and so did Matrix Online, as well as SWG and Tabula Rasa.

I understand your point of view but CoX isnt any of those games.

CoX is one of the legendary MMO's up there with WoW ,Second Life* and Guild Wars.

You cant compare CoX to Asheron's Call 2.

*Its massive and online so shut up :O
  • Options
    stardiverstardiver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, and Hellgate London was saved in a similar way, wasn't it?

Also, Samuel Tow from City of Heroes, here. It turns out I can't change my name, so I'm stuck using poor Stardiver's name. Well, unless I make a new PW account, but since I can't use spaces or capital letters, it won't be Samuel Tow anyway.

*edit*
    Also, how does one use a custom avatar?
    |

Of all the things I've lost,
    It think I miss my mind the most.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    stardiver wrote: »
    Well, and Hellgate London was saved in a similar way, wasn't it?

Also, Samuel Tow from City of Heroes, here. It turns out I can't change my name, so I'm stuck using poor Stardiver's name. Well, unless I make a new PW account, but since I can't use spaces or capital letters, it won't be Samuel Tow anyway.

*edit*
    Also, how does one use a custom avatar?

Ahh custom AV's read all about them here http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159731
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Ahh custom AV's read all about them here http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159731

Yes, but that still gives me a link to the avatar selector which only has a static selection of predetermined pics. I'd like to reuse my old red Z avatar which I have hosted on Photobucket. Do I need to have a special kind of account for that?

*edit*
    And really? My sig melds into my post?
    |

• Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes, but that still gives me a link to the avatar selector which only has a static selection of predetermined pics. I'd like to reuse my old red Z avatar which I have hosted on Photobucket. Do I need to have a special kind of account for that?

You can find the custom avatar options under the predetermined ones, you can either use a URL for the image or upload it from you computer.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    edited September 2012

*edit*
    And really? My sig melds into my post?

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

you can upload ones from ur computer with that link the option is way down the bottom :/
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I apologise if I'm just stupid, but I genuinely cannot find this. I looked, and this is all I see. I see a list of avatars with the rest of the field being blank. Below the yellow line are only the Cryptic/nVidia/Alienware logos in the forum footer. Are you sure I don't have to be a paid account of some sort?

I haven't bought anything for Champions Online yet. I'm saving my money for a Gold subscription so I can remake Sam Tow as a custom character with a sword and guns, as people on the City of Heroes forums have been telling me I totally could.

*edit*
    D'oh! Found it! Why I wasn't seeing it is that's not actually in the "Change your avatar" menu, but rather in the root of my CP, I think. Either way, I was following the link but seeing just my CP and thinking I had been bounced away from something. Now I feel very stupid...
    |

• Options
    edited September 2012

*edit*
    D'oh! Found it! Why I wasn't seeing it is that's not actually in the "Change your avatar" menu, but rather in the root of my CP, I think. Either way, I was following the link but seeing just my CP and thinking I had been bounced away from something. Now I feel very stupid...

Dont feel stupid same thing happened to me ....hold up that might not be a good thing.....carry on feeling stupid :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ah, there we go. Now I have my face... If not my name. I decided against retaining Arcana's quote for my sig since that's kind of forum-specific and probably in poor taste when going to a new location.

Thank you kindly for the help, and I apologise for being clumsy with the forum interface.
    |

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ah, there we go. Now I have my face... If not my name. I decided against retaining Arcana's quote for my sig since that's kind of forum-specific and probably in poor taste when going to a new location.

Thank you kindly for the help, and I apologise for being clumsy with the forum interface.

PWE's fault for hiding all the nice toys from people.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some of the forum functions were re-discovered by various posters.
    They've been collected into one thread that i maintain.

*points to O.P.T.I.O.N.S. link in sig*

GL!
    'Caine :cool:

EDIT:
    nepht wrote: »

Wow, they finally got around to merging the stock and custom avatar URL page! :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    n3thergoatn3thergoat Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The community well wishes are appreciated.

At the moment I doubt I'll be playing another MMO, but if I do CO will get the nod over that shallow console port DCUO.

Might be I'll check back in in December.
  • Options
    damz1damz1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I must admit to being suprised at just how warm the community is here in welcoming us CoXers here. Since i've been here just a few days ago, i think i've noticed less than 3 instances of somebody being negative towards us CoXers coming in, most people have been very helpful and patient in helping out this newb learn the ropes of a new game :)

Even though i wont be on tomorrow sadly [14 hours in work? *sigh*], saturday i really want to join a supergroup. While being part of the CoX channel is great by itself, i feel like i want to be part of an active supergroup that enjoys just being sociable and having fun together [so if your part of one, chuck Rashnu Damz@Damz1 an invite :p].
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There shouldn't be any naysaying about more people coming over.

I think the only instance I've seen of negativity was something along these lines:

CoX Player: "OK, this sucks. CoX was way better with X. Y, and Z. What a crappy game."

CO Player: "Well, maybe you should go back to- OH, YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT DIED."

I laughed, but hey... CoX had some awesome features, I'll give it that. But it was kind of old, and CO is a little more polished in appearance. I only wish that the things that made CoX awesome could be put into CO. So far my only disappointments in CO are that there's no new content, everything seems to be focused on alerts and daily 'go fight this and get a grab bag' missions.

Grab bags missions from a realistic point of view:

"Private Snuffy, that village is a Taliban stronghold. I want you to take these random four guys you've never worked with or trained with before that have been selected on the basis of when they walked up here, and wipe out the Taliban. When you come back, I might give you a paycheck, some better equipment, or something to fly around in. There's also a large possibility I give you something completely useless. You're welcome, soldier."
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Frankly, I'm still not a fan of the art style (personal preference), but I did find quite a few pieces that could be made to work to my tastes just the same. It's highly unlikely I'll be remaking too many of my characters, but it can't hurt to remake at least the ones I couldn't have anywhere else, which is... Well, Samuel Tow himself. I always envisioned him having a katana and dual pistols, and the dual pistol models here please me greatly. Can't say the same for the Katana, though. Keep wishing there were an energy sword version.

Speaking of which, I saw several costume pieces that the game asked me to buy when I had a tyre-kicking lookaround for free. I'd have to look at exactly which those were (the top that's the only thing under Miscellaneous that's not Nighthawk), but would Gold membership unlock those for me? Also, can I buy parts a la carte, or do I need to get the whole sets they're in?
    |

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Frankly, I'm still not a fan of the art style (personal preference), but I did find quite a few pieces that could be made to work to my tastes just the same. It's highly unlikely I'll be remaking too many of my characters, but it can't hurt to remake at least the ones I couldn't have anywhere else, which is... Well, Samuel Tow himself. I always envisioned him having a katana and dual pistols, and the dual pistol models here please me greatly. Can't say the same for the Katana, though. Keep wishing there were an energy sword version.

Speaking of which, I saw several costume pieces that the game asked me to buy when I had a tyre-kicking lookaround for free. I'd have to look at exactly which those were (the top that's the only thing under Miscellaneous that's not Nighthawk), but would Gold membership unlock those for me? Also, can I buy parts a la carte, or do I need to get the whole sets they're in?

When something is part of a costume set, you would buy the set to unlock that part, which comes with the other parts.

Sometimes, you can find the part in-game. Becoming gold will unlock some costume parts. Check the C-Store for a list of parts that you get as a part of being gold.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    kangstorkangstor Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi there another NCSoft victim here although I am neither new nor old in CO. I had lifetime sub since beta and I occasonally come back to check but because of sudden changes each time I came back and lack of friends who are playing to show me around I was not stay more than a few hours ry to get one bar of XP somehow on some content that changed over since my last visit getting bored and closing game again.

Between closure of CoX and getting angry at NCSoft I decided 'why not and there are actually people who are willing to help' so come back here. Currently installing patches (1151 MB takes some time) than I will jump back in.

My question would be is there any casual (preferably non-rp but I am not picky about this) SG that is willing to help a level 30ish melee sword lover to get hang of game? Because no matter how much content I do it seems my XP does not moving and I frankly have no idea about new system that took place of inventions.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Some are unlocked in gold, some aren't. It varies.

I actually do prefer CoH's basic graphic style to CO's plastic dolls. I also REALLY like CoH's auras (flies! HA!)
    But I prefer the better detail, asymmetric options, and generally broader range of styles available in CO.

I tried CoH free trial after the touted graphics improvements, and it still looked... dated.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Some are unlocked in gold, some aren't. It varies.

I actually do prefer CoH's basic graphic style to CO's plastic dolls. I also REALLY like CoH's auras (flies! HA!)
    But I prefer the better detail, asymmetric options, and generally broader range of styles available in CO.

I tried CoH free trial after the touted graphics improvements, and it still looked... dated.

City of Heroes always looked dated, even when it came out. That two-year delay when Rick Dakan got sacked as a lead developer, re-hired as a concept writer and replaced with new lead developer Jack Emmert while core game aspects were being remade really hurt its look as graphics had improved by then. I'll never defend City of Heroes' graphics as looking modern or... Good, but at the same time, I just liked the art style. It's not that it's more realistic, so much as it just looks more or less believable, more like what you'd see in a game, more or less. I also like the basic body shapes more. The unrealistically long legs, the overall more slender frames, the more neutral stances (can't stand the "vixen" stance, tikes!) and the general aesthetic.

Champions has the superior graphics, no question about that, but at the same time, I find it harder to make anything I actually like. The faces are a big problem... Well, the face. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I actually liked the basic face so I could tweak it and make it better, but - especially for me - the face just bugs me to all hell, so making it to my tastes is much harder, and also limits what my characters can look like. I can only use the subset of facial structures I actually like, after all. That doesn't mean I CAN'T make anything I like, however. I actually really liked the costume I came up with for Sam. It's just that I have to work harder and pick from a smaller subset of pieces than the game actually offers me. I'd never, EVER use a clown nose, for instance.

But you're right - the asymmetry options are quite interesting. As of right now, I never think to use them just because I'm too used to City of Heroes "training" me to never really think about this. If I do stick with Champions Online for a decent length of time, I'll try to either rework old characters or make brand new ones that make use of asymmetry, because that really is a powerful tool. And the one thing I LOOOVE that I always wished City of Heroes had was eye customization. It's a bit on the simple side, but the difference it makes is AMAZING! I remember back when the game was in Beta and I had zillions of costume slots, how I kept remaking my weird and wonderful monstrous characters, and how much fun I had giving them unusual eyes. My overlord demon from another world got black, soul-staring eyes, my alien girl got white pupil-less eyes, my cyborg lady got green sclera to red eyes which she hid under shades and so forth. "Eyes" are another thing I just never thought to consider, and they make a face and a personality unique.

All of that is to say that, while I like City of Heroes' art style better, Champions still has a LOT of visual options that I've always wanted but could never have. I've yet to see this game's combat system since I hear it was altered, but at least I'd stick around as a Gold member for a month just for the character creator. I don't suppose we can appeal to the developers to make me a laser sword? :)
    |

• Options
    maleilahmaleilah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hihi. I happen to run across this and I may consider moving to CO but I'm very, very unsure of what I'm going to do if CoH winds down. A lot can happen in a few months but until we know for sure I can't make up my mind just yet. I'm actually willing to stop MMO's when(if) my virtual home is taken away from me. My heart remains in place but it continues to sink lower and lower as the date draws closer.

I'd like to thank you for the warm welcome. I read all your posts up to this point and I have a few smiles and a few frowns but that's to be expected I suppose. I played this game a long while ago in a time period a little too far away and it wasn't my favorite. I wound up right back at CoH. It's true that a MMO takes time to evolve so to speak and develop where CoH has had eight years, CO has only had three or so. Well that's good and fine. CO has wonderful graphics but in all honesty, I don't care about graphics. I really don't. Some will argue that the way a game "looks" has a lot to do with the appeal of a game and that's true but if the graphics in CoH wasn't so great then why the heck did I wind up going back so many times? *shrug* To some who believe that CoH has finally lived it's life, you are entitled to your opinion but have someone take something you value very much away when it still had a lot of life left and then tell me the same thing. I'm waiting for someone to say that about WoW... it's about as old as CoH and is still going strong.

I don't know what to do but wait and if I decide to, you'll see me around. This wasn't meant to be a negative post, but this is a transition from something I spent a lot of time on to something new and almost unfamiliar so please bear with me.
  • Options
    skyburn1309skyburn1309 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi everyone.

I'm a CoX refugee like many running around. @Skyburner on CoX. Thanks for the warm welcome here!

I started with CoX right as they released Issue 3.. been there a LONG time. Hurts like crazy, and I'll be there till the servers are dark, but I've been trying out CO as a place for my hero and villain ( yeah I know there is no "villain side" here sadly ) SG's to migrate to.

I've plenty of questions. Tons really. I've started up a couple of characters, both remakes ... a hero (Silver Valor) and my fun loving Rogue Brute Red Klaw to try things out.

One thing came to mind and I thought I'd ask since I'm dabbling. Is there really anything in CO similar to the "Stalker" AT in CoX?

Another burning question is about Hideouts ... they really can't be "edited" can they?

"Someone has to stand up for those who can't"
    - Unknown Hero

Red Klaw - Private Detective and Well Read Thug.
    Silver Valor - Wyldfire agent and scientist at large
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Stalkers AT... the Nightwing thing, I think.

As for Hideouts, they seem to have several options you can tweak which affect the appearance. But it's not even remotely like CoH's bases.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Stalkers AT... the Nightwing thing, I think.

As for Hideouts, they seem to have several options you can tweak which affect the appearance. But it's not even remotely like CoH's bases.

The Nightwing thing? Ok. I'll take a look at that. Thanks!

About the bases ... yeah I saw the options. I was curious if that was it. Now I know.

Oh about hideouts... how can you change a character's hideout? I have one for my hero that my merc alt would never use. When I pick a hideout, is it a done deal for any characters I make?

Do SG's get a base? I saw Hideouts are personal but nothing mentioned about SG "Hideouts".

- Unknown Hero

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Nightwing thing? Ok. I'll take a look at that. Thanks!

About the bases ... yeah I saw the options. I was curious if that was it. Now I know.

Oh about hideouts... how can you change a character's hideout? I have one for my hero that my merc alt would never use. When I pick a hideout, is it a done deal for any characters I make?

Do SG's get a base? I saw Hideouts are personal but nothing mentioned about SG "Hideouts".

You get one free hideout with your Gold/Lifetime subscription and have to pay for the rest.
    As of yet there are no Super Group hideouts, although they are supposedly in the works. You can, however, allow your Super Group into your hideout.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012

SG Hideouts are still in planning phase, not implemented yet - but it is on their radar, as exemplified by the recent implementation of Fleet Starbases in STO. (No idea how well that works, because I have the rubberbanding and disconnect issues with STO that some people report with CO, and have stopped playing STO until I figure it out. Admiral Sills will just have to wait to disable the weapons on DS9 and go into the Wormhole to see the Prophets...)

If you're Gold, you get one free Hideout that all of your characters can use. Each subsequent Hideout costs Zen; due to an error on my part when I was Gold, I wound up purchasing two more Hideouts, so my characters can choose between Penthouse, Moonbase, and Cave. If you have multiple Hideouts, just highlight the one you want that character to use, click Choose, then click Travel; on subsequent trips, that character will default to the Hideout you chose for them. (Spider-Bat uses the Cave; Happifun hangs out on the Moon; the others share HandyMan's Penthouse.)

However, if you don't purchase the extra Hideouts, even as a Gold you only get the one. If it really clashes with a given character concept, that character doesn't have to go there...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    someone mentioned laser sword? and i remember seeing gold account? just had quick look thru and cant refind post so dont know who said it. but freeforms only, in power armor power set
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for the answers, they've been helpful.

I've yet more! I've a Praetorian Shield Scrapper in CoX I've been considering moving over to Champions. His primary attack power was Kinetic Force, his secondary was Shields. I was using a tech shield but I'm not against any other kind of physical shield on the character.

I've dug around looking in CO but got lost among the options.

Is such a character possible in CO? If so, what would the community suggest here for that kind of character?

Thanks ever so much in advance.

- Unknown Hero

• Options
    cidersylphcidersylph Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for the answers, they've been helpful.

I've yet more! I've a Praetorian Shield Scrapper in CoX I've been considering moving over to Champions. His primary attack power was Kinetic Force, his secondary was Shields. I was using a tech shield but I'm not against any other kind of physical shield on the character.

I've dug around looking in CO but got lost among the options.

Is such a character possible in CO? If so, what would the community suggest here for that kind of character?

Thanks ever so much in advance.

Well if you plan on going gold, you can mix some of the powers to get exactly what you want! There's a Force set which is really nice and has kinetic attacks. The Power Armor set has a really cool tech shield that you can use to defend yourself. Basically, going Gold gives you limitless customization opportunities :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also, just a heads up, I have some spare costume pieces spread out among my characters, so if any refugees are interested, contact me in game. My handle is @FrozenViolet. I'll be more than happy to help out in anyway I can!

<3
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    cidersylph wrote: »
    Well if you plan on going gold, you can mix some of the powers to get exactly what you want! There's a Force set which is really nice and has kinetic attacks. The Power Armor set has a really cool tech shield that you can use to defend yourself. Basically, going Gold gives you limitless customization opportunities :)

Ah ha! Thank you! That's very good news. I actually had already gone Gold so I could try things out here. Figured why not, right?

I'll give that a try, after all what with Praetoria destroyed, Arbites Nuevo needs to go somewhere!

Thanks again!

Now for my next question!

Keybinds! In CoX, it was possible to save a keybinds.txt file and customize it with various things, like hitting F9 to say "Thanks!" to just whomever. Is that possible here in CO? Either I missed reading about it when I read over Wikis and such or something.

- Unknown Hero

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ah ha! Thank you! That's very good news. I actually had already gone Gold so I could try things out here. Figured why not, right?

I'll give that a try, after all what with Praetoria destroyed, Arbites Nuevo needs to go somewhere!

Thanks again!

Now for my next question!

Keybinds! In CoX, it was possible to save a keybinds.txt file and customize it with various things, like hitting F9 to say "Thanks!" to just whomever. Is that possible here in CO? Either I missed reading about it when I read over Wikis and such or something.

Here's a good guide on keybinds:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=81117

I haven't used them too much though, but that should be able to get you going :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    cidersylph wrote: »
    Here's a good guide on keybinds:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=81117

I haven't used them too much though, but that should be able to get you going :)

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

- Unknown Hero

• Options
    zalkenaizalkenai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yet another COH player posting yet another thank you.

I'm still hopeful that some other company will pick us up, but if that doesn't happen I will be here without a doubt. This thread has warmed my heart, because one of the greatest things about COH was the community.

You have proven that it exists here as well.

I have decided to play both games regardless of what happens, so that my support can at least help CO to survive.

@zalkenai from Victory server.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ah, another temporary influx of accounts. How long will this one last.

You ever been building a fire, and because of what you're trying to burn you keep having to pour lighter fluid on it to keep the fire going?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    Ah, another temporary influx of accounts. How long will this one last.

You ever been building a fire, and because of what you're trying to burn you keep having to pour lighter fluid on it to keep the fire going?

wow. all the negaitivity.... seriously, how do you expect to welcome new players and encourage them to stay with an attitude like that.

before the influx of coh players we had a nice steady population. it may not have exactly broken any records but it was steady.

with what is going on with coh i KNOW a lot of those players will probably stay here once all the dust settles... they were the FIRST generation of super hero RPG?rs, and since i to was of this stellar generation (back in my day lol) i can tell you that once you are hooked on the genre, you have to pry it out of cold/dead fingers. and of the options there's here... and there's dc....
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    wow. all the negaitivity.... seriously, how do you expect to welcome new players and encourage them to stay with an attitude like that.

before the influx of coh players we had a nice steady population. it may not have exactly broken any records but it was steady.

with what is going on with coh i KNOW a lot of those players will probably stay here once all the dust settles... they were the FIRST generation of super hero RPG?rs, and since i to was of this stellar generation (back in my day lol) i can tell you that once you are hooked on the genre, you have to pry it out of cold/dead fingers. and of the options there's here... and there's dc....

Smoochan doesn't. He's been predicting CO would close down since the day it launched. He claims to have quit but for some reason loves to keep coming back to the game and even logging in.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS