test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We have a responsibility to our brothers and sisters.

Comments

• Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For those of you "transitioning" from CoX to CO.
    There was a giveaway a while back (Devastator AT), and apparently it's still "Active".

HERE is a link to CO's "Silver/Free" boards, and a thread with more information on the subject.

(be sure to check the end of the thread, as it has info. on how to gain the keys even after the promotion has ended)

GL, and Welcome!
    'Caine :cool:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    To anyone coming to CO:

1. Welcome!

2. Get the free promo code from Alienware - it unlocks an AT and costume set, (the Serpent Lantern Adventure Pack is now free for everybody): http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/champions-online-ffa-game-bundle

3. Try all the free ATs and actually run some regular mission arcs before jumping into Alerts - to give yourself a feel for "regular content". I recommend waiting until you're level 15 before doing Alerts since you'll have all your super stats by then.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That wasn't the first double dealing either. :mad:

Auto Assault?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    megatenist wrote: »
    How is the devastator? Is it like Titan Weapons? I'm gonna have find a substitute for staff fighting now, so I figured it was similar.....kinda.......sorta.

Heavy Weapons is bigger and hits harder than titan weapons, and the animations, IMO, are a heck of a lot smoother.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is CoX closing down or something?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes, it is.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm trying to get my old SG from CoX to join us or atleast try CO.
    Our leader is currently addicted to Secret World though D:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    malvou wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my old SG from CoX to join us or atleast try CO.
    Our leader is currently addicted to Secret World though D:

Wut you do is keep sending him E-cards that play bananaphone until he conforms to your will :O

CO WILL NOT BE DENIED \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    wut You Do Is Keep Sending Him E-cards That Play bananaphone Until He Conforms To Your Will :o

co Will Not Be Denied \o/

ringringringringringringring, Banana Phone! Dingdongdingdongdingdongding, Banana Phooooone!it Grows In Bunches! I've Got My Hunches! It's The Best! Beats The Rest!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    To anyone coming to CO:

1. Welcome!

2. Get the free promo code from Alienware - it unlocks an AT and costume set, (the Serpent Lantern Adventure Pack is now free for everybody): http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/champions-online-ffa-game-bundle

3. Try all the free ATs and actually run some regular mission arcs before jumping into Alerts - to give yourself a feel for "regular content". I recommend waiting until you're level 15 before doing Alerts since you'll have all your super stats by then.

All of the content was made free when On Alert went live. Just adding that one quickly.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is terrible news.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    One of the really really nice elements of CO vs. CoH, that I think I can state as categorically better with little disagreement, is the single world nature and names.

You don't have to worry about what server your friends are, you can all play together. You don't have to worry about whether someone else has 'your' name, you can pick whatever name you want.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I actually first came here at launch, but got a bit disillusioned by the heavy nerfs that hit the defensive powersets, and which made my characters unplayable until they finally gave out respecs.

I've come back a few times, but the game had changed so much that I got lost trying to work out what I wanted in my builds and played CoH instead. But that's not so much an option now, so.

I actually do like CO a lot, and this was my first thought when deciding where to go next.
  • Options
    grifvindhgrifvindh Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well... hello all. And thanks for this post. It's nice to feel welcome.

I never tried Champions Online because CoH was always my home, so this will be my first time giving it a spin. I was on CoH since Beta (third wave) and the only time I stopped playing was a period of about 4 months when I couldn't afford to be online. So... this place feels strange to me. Which isn't your fault, or anything, just sayin.'

It's going to take a few hours to download the game (which is another reason I didn't bother trying new games) and then I'll give it a whirl.

My biggest regret so far--I mean, other than watching my old community smashed to bits--is that I'm losing my forum name! Curveball is taken! I'm not Curveball any more. Curveball, whoever you are, I am now your arch-nemesis. ;)

I was @Curveball in City of Heroes.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes, it is.

Wow, I am le sad:frown:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    grifvindh wrote: »

My biggest regret so far--I mean, other than watching my old community smashed to bits--is that I'm losing my forum name! Curveball is taken! I'm not Curveball any more. Curveball, whoever you are, I am now your arch-nemesis. ;)

Even if you were here since the beginning of CO with the name curveball, you probably wouldn't have it anymore:tongue: There was a forumpocolypse.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It was fun having my old Cox crew to run mishes with in CO today pity this reunion of super evil was marred by a true act of evil on NCSOFT's side :/

Wuts up NCSOFT did GW2 turned out to be another A.I.O.N/DCUO/TOR aww so sad look at how sad I am about that :D

Makes it even more mad that they shut down CoX hoping people will hop to GW2. Newsflash people played the awesome CoX cause it was superheroic.

Why shut a game that has thousands on at any one time just because another didnt launch as well as you hoped?

Thats cutting your nose of to spite your face.

*Beldin you might want to shield ur eyes for the next line*

My copy of GW2 makes a damn fine coaster for my coffee mug right now. All those years of work really paid off huh >:D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Wuts up NCSOFT did GW2 turned out to be another A.I.O.N/DCUO/TOR aww so sad look at how sad I am about that :D

Wait are all those NCSoft title games? Hmm... I guess I've never played a NCSoft game then.

nepht wrote:
    My copy of GW2 makes a damn fine coaster for my coffee mug right now. All those years of work really paid off huh >:D

lol Nepht >_< :biggrin:
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Folks, for many of the people I spoke with on CoH, that's it for them. No more MMOs.

It put such a sour taste in their mouths that they don't want to be hurt again by this genre.

I was there awhile ago with Knight Online. Then I left MMOs for like a few years. Then I got into Battlefield Heroes for two years. Then I left MMOs for Minecraft and also returned to L4D2 and TF2. Almost a year went by, and then I started playing Champions Online (because I had friends who insisted I come join them in-game). In fact if it hadn't been for those friends, I would have been like "Nah..." and passed this game by.

So yeah, odds are they need a break for a time and if we're still an interesting option they'll come when they feel ready.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    grifvindh wrote: »
    ...My biggest regret so far--I mean, other than watching my old community smashed to bits--is that I'm losing my forum name! Curveball is taken! I'm not Curveball any more. Curveball, whoever you are, I am now your arch-nemesis.
    You might want to consider putting your forumer CoX @HANDLE in your sig maybe?:redface:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Wait are all those NCSoft title games? Hmm... I guess I've never played a NCSoft game then.

Sorry that was a list of over hyped failure MMO's made by any company I should have been more clear :/
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    lol Nepht >_< :biggrin:

Thing is said mug is a City of Heroes one :D
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guys. GUYS.

God DAMN you make me proud. (getting emotional here... sorry)

I was with COH since Oct 2004. I'm a 7-8 year vet.

But liked CO a lot too... Let me back up a bit, here. (This is kind of stream of consciousness, so bear with me)

I was introduced to Superhero Pen and Paper Roleplaying games by Champions 4th edition back in 91 or so. Awesome fun times over about 10 years until about 2001 or so. But then groups kinda petered out in my area. Interest was lost. People moved on/away. It happens.

I was NOT into MMOs. Had no interest. But then a friend of mine who was a vet of EQ (and also part of one of my past Champs campaigns) called me up excitedly. Said he'd just discovered a new game where you could make a superhero character. That perked my interest.

I went over to his house and he showed me City of Heroes via his own account.

That day fried my brain. I could NOT get enough. That was early October. But money was tight, so I had to wait a bit to buy the boxed discs (CDs! LOL) Of the first edition of the game (which I still own BTW... Also the COV discs and box from later on).

Then I started up my own account and logged on... right into the middle of the 2004 Halloween event. Oh boy... fun times there! Talk about being thrown in with both feet running! LOL

For about 2 and a half years I ran with a small group on Justice. But again - people moved on, lost interest. Then it was just me and my friend. Then just me. And I kept on. Just about the time I was starting to wane, I hooked up with a group on Virtue Server. Based in part on connections with a fanfic writing group for a series called "Drunkard's Walk". (forums here if you're interested, but you'll need a Yuku log in to post.)

This was about the time of several things happening at once. The ability to migrate characters from server to server. Bases for SGs. Architect.

Well, part of what kept me going was the base editing. I became the base architect for our SG by default. And I got pretty damn good at it too. (Recalcitrant stubborn thing that it was. I still loved tweaking things with it).

So our group - The Legendary - grew to become a modest sized SG. Casual play. But a lot of in and out of character RP. (By that I mean we jumped back and forth from in-character to out of character - sometimes so quickly it was difficult to keep up. But ALWAYS a good time was had.

THIS was the core group that kept me going, and still does even now. Most of us have never met IRL. But I feel we would get along famously.

Champions came along. Some derided it. But I always saw it for what it was - a viable option. And a worthy competitor. I felt we NEEDED that. And it turned out CO DID in fact kick COH in the pants a few times. best example I can think of? Power colorization. Started here. Then COH devs - who had sworn many times it was too difficult to appropriate resources for - got it done over in COH. So yes - you guys helped kick-start things. And I think we did the same for you with many things. Many details - small and not so much. I think Going Rogue kinda scared CO devs into making some improvements etc. (Can't think of specifics though - sorry)

I mostly spent time there. But I did come here to play. I made some characters over here that I could not have made over there. ( I always joked that the two things CO undeniably did better than COH were Catgirls and Mecha. And I have one of each here in CO. :D)

And there are some character concepts from COH which, sadly, I know, due to mechanics or concept tied to the lore, will never work over here. My Kheldians, for one... I can't see a way to do them justice. Alas. (no... sorry, they are not just energy blasters, they were both "triple-changers" changing to squid and then to rock-beast and then human as the need arose... I don't see that happening here. Though I have made interpretations here of their human costumes)

So I have background going way back in both games. And I KNOW the lore of this one a lot. (I used to contribute to Lord Liadon's Lore thread regularly.) I'm no newbie. And I can adapt. And I'll be bringing many friends here because this game is RP friendly like DCUO is NOT. (Don't get me wrong. I love DCUO too - for what it is - and I enjoy it. But the chat system is just HORRIBLE.)

Even though this game doesn't have nearly the emotes or dances or costume change emotes (things I will miss from COH surely.) It is getting better. And the chat system is at least robust enough to handle RP. And there is the advantage of having the name you want and always playing on the same server. (Though most of my time on COH was with Virtue, I did feel the pang at leaving Justice behind.)

And I know that this community can be friendly. But even so, even so...

You know what? I came over here half-expecting a bit of gloating.

I'll reiterate what I said at the top. GOD DAMN you people make me proud! You surprised the hell out of me! Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of this old gamers heart for the welcome, though I have been here for some time. I shall surely pass it along to those in my SG for them to hear!

Damnit... dust in the air gettin' in my eyes.. damnit...
  • Options
    thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    *snip*

Thing is quite a lot of us are CoX players too. Me , Angel of C , Finn, Mothers Love and Silverspar are to name a few that I definitely know of.

So we feel your pain. So dont be surprised at the solidarity you see. There was never any them and us it was always just us.
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -TrailTurtle
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    grifvindhgrifvindh Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    CoX was an old game, I don't understand the tears.

Don't they make glue out of 8 year old race horses that didn't ever win a race?

Think of it as putting it out of its misery?

I see some things stay the same no matter where you go. :wink:

Also, angelofcaine, thank you for that suggestion. Done!

I was @Curveball in City of Heroes.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    CoX was an old game, I don't understand the tears.

Don't they make glue out of 8 year old race horses that didn't ever win a race?

Think of it as putting it out of its misery?

Wow just wow.

Seriously. A much loved and profitable game shut down and you expect people to go aww well such is life.

A game a lot of us supported and was happy to support because of the great work Cryptic and Paragon put into it.

It was Cryptic game some of us enjoy the stuff Cryptic makes when NC SOFT shut it down because they went into the red due to as they call it labor costs in making GW2 your damn right were gonna get pissed off.

I think its time for this You Tube vid to come out of retirement.*

Seriously why did you do that?

*A big thank you to the first CO forum user to post this vid would call you by name but the archived post thingy screwed that up :/
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Negativity is always somewhere, and there are people still lashing out or being bitter because they weren't given a golden pony handed to on high on a silver tray from the head of Cryptic personally. You will see a few of them.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No no. It's ok, really. I've seen this guy around here before. (remember, I'm not exactly new here). I know what he's about.

There are people like that in COX forums as well.

I know the vast majority are better than him. He won't get the satisfaction of getting me angry.

Silverspar and Neph and the others, I'll just reiterate. You made my day.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Oh don't worry, I am as passionate about Champions and the desire for its growth as I was about City of Villains. Some will say I am a Cryptic fangrrl or whatever, that I never speak out against them, but that has never really been the case. I just don't get insulting about it and I actually try to be constructive. And if I see something as OP I definitely will point it out even if it is in my own power set, despite several individuals having been extremely hurt before by these very facts.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    megatenistmegatenist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No no. It's ok, really. I've seen this guy around here before. (remember, I'm not exactly new here). I know what he's about.

There are people like that in COX forums as well.

I know the vast majority are better than him. He won't get the satisfaction of getting me angry.

Silverspar and Neph and the others, I'll just reiterate. You made my day.

Basically "Don't feed the troll",huh? :biggrin:

Well, I'm currently playing as a Devastator, and so far I like it. The battle system feels a bit similar to DCUO, so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, guys!
    "All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening." - Alexander Woollcott
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    megatenist wrote: »
    Well, I'm currently playing as a Devastator, and so far I like it. The battle system feels a bit similar to DCUO, so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, guys!

That's actually a pretty good Archetype. A lot of good weapons unlocks. Be sure to pick up a Heavy Mecha sword, Heavy Macahuatl, heavy Taiha, and others. Those are common drops in the game, and most people literally give them away.

You should also give the Night Avenger a try, if you can get some zennies scrounged up.

Have fun, man! Call on any of us if you need to- Armiger@dirtyjokerjesse is always on call to help a noob!*

*Restrictions apply, use of alcohol is recommended.
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No one can deny that City of Heroes was an old game, far passed its time.

Champions Online's tech far outstrips what was available there, how can anyone say it wasn't time for it to recede into the mists, and let CO take up the mantle.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just want to say I'm sorry CoX is no more but would like to extend the hand of friendship to any of it's players that join us in battling evil or in Nepht's case bringing evil with her.
    I always say the more the merrier.

I would offer help with builds and such but there are those out there who can help better than I can. I will say I can team up with people if they ask for help.

So welcome to CO enjoy your stay.
    edited September 2012
    No one can deny that City of Heroes was an old game, far passed its time.

Champions Online's tech far outstrips what was available there, how can anyone say it wasn't time for it to recede into the mists, and let CO take up the mantle.

I suppose the easiest reason for someone to, "say it wasn't time for it to recede into the mists," is that people were still interested in paying to play it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not sure if you can find this an acceptable replacement, but we recently had group dueling added that spans the full map. Maybe you can RP a villain in that way.

I know it doesn't replace working under Recluse, but it might be a glimmer for displaced villains.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    l7zergel7zerge Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @LtZerge here (My account name here was taken but I can't recover anything, don't know what that's about)

Having not touched the game at all since beta/first month, I look forward to jumping back in and seeing what the game has to offer to satisfy my needs. I'll still be playing CoH until things go totally black, but I'm going to test the waters in the possible pastures to migrate to in the process. Champions is about as close as many of have to a hope, really, as it encourages a concept openness similar to that of CoH, albeit in a very different style.

Should I choose to stick here and make alternative version of my CoH mains, which looks likely, I hope to make my experience and the experience of other champions I come across as fun and positive as they can be.
    edited September 2012
    I really don't see CoH folks having much option other than CO, if they want a flexible supers game (depending on how Marvel pans out).

The only other option is DCUO, and while it's pretty nice, it's inherent design philosophies are WILDLY different.

Though it's worth poking around for free, because hey, what the heck. It's definitely a pretty game -- imo, the graphics are better than either CoH or CO, but the costume stuff is extremely limited and weird.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    thereldinthereldin Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    (So this is a copy+paste from a thread I posted)

To the City of Heroes RP Community:

On behalf of the CORP staff we sincerely apologize for your loss and welcome you to join us over at the Champions Online Roleplayers Community. Many of our CORPers are or were longtime fans of the City of Heroes franchise and we share your frustration with the turn of events that recently happened. It's such a shame that such a fun game was cut down the way it had been.

I've been a longtime player of City of Heroes as well, but only got into the RP scene roughly four years ago. Since the launch of Champions Online, I migrated over with frequent visits to the old gal that was City of. Some of you might remember me from the Virtue server. My global name over there was @Reldin and my main character was Soulless Titan. While CoH was a much older game, it still had that sort of charm that kept my interest in wanting to return every now and then. The frequent content updates to the amazing costume pieces, the game always gave me a reason to visit besides going to see how friends were doing.

Champions may not have the vast content that CoH has, but it is slowly working its way there. Just remember that it also took CoH quite sometime to get to where it was. CO has its own charm the same way that any other MMO has. It might not be the same for some of you, but you will eventually find that something to keep you interested. Some of you may like the customization, some of you may like the innovations that Champions has (vehicles!), or what's most important, some of you may enjoy the roleplay here. Whatever it may be, just know that you're not alone. You have the entire CO community here to rely on, as well as whomever decides to follow you from City of.

Adjusting to a new setting may be difficult for you, but do know there are many people here you can ask questions. Champions has lore that spans over two decades and there are many, many resources to take a look at. However, the most difficult thing to do is adjusting to a new community. Over on the CORP forums, we have many threads detailing some helpful links that can help you get started.

So if you decide to cross over to Champions, remember that the Champions Online community welcomes you with open arms. And who knows, you may find some long lost friends that used to play CoH long ago and moved to CO.

If you have any questions about CORP, feel free to send me a message in-game: @Reldin

Or feel free to send a message to one of our moderators.
  • Options
    alchemedicalchemedic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Greetings from a soon-to-be refugee from Paragon City.

I learned about the NCsoft/CoH debacle on the road trip, so I couldn't do much more than read forums on my phone. Now that I'm back home, I've downloaded CO to give it a whirl. Like many, I tried it on launch (maybe it was beta...) and it was neat, but it wasn't enough to take me from the game I returned to, again and again. I like a variety of genres, but the superhero genre constantly pull me in, and genre-wise it's much more flexible in terms of character design. (Super hero settings are inherently multi-genre, with characters that can be from any number of other settings, including fantasy worlds.) With the imminent demise of CoH, I'm looking at my options, and so far CO is the clear winner.

But the reason I am posting is that I want to say that I am really encouraged by the fellowship I have seen extended on these forums. CoH was for me, the perfect game: I liked the gameplay, I loved the genre, and I was at home with the community. Now I am watching the community prepare its farewells. It is like the small neighborhood being torn down -- friends, families and neighbors say goodbye both to the land and to each other, as the diaspora takes us to different locations. We are looking at heading to new lands, and the issue of "community" is important to many of us.

I don't know how involved I will be in CO right now; I suspect much of my game time the next few months will be in saying goodbye to Paragon City: I find myself flying around different zones taking screenshots of favored or memorable locations. But it's important to have something to look forward to, and I believe you are giving me that.

In CoH my main toon (and global) was Alchemedic, a proud member of Paragon City Search and Rescue (PCSAR) on the Infinity Server. I won't claim I have found a new home (as I'm also considering just giving up MMOs for a while) but I'm certainly willing to visit Millennium City and give the game a fair chance. As a Paragon refugee (one of many I believe you will see), I very much appreciate our neighbors and cousins in Millennium who are extending a warm welcome and offering their sympathies. Thank you for your kindness.
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I for one welcome our new CoX refugee overlords.

To that end I offer the services of my stable of misfits, freaks and weirdos: Hunter Of Skulls, Mertvaya Ruka, Nemesis, Francis, Nachthexe, Strelok Dukh, Technoviking and Anarchodroid. Whether you need backup in a fight or you have questions or you're just farming, I'll be around.
  • Options
    ikari3senshiikari3senshi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi all!! I'm a CoX 'Veteran' of 8 yrs, and this recent development really blindsided me, but the support you guys have shown us is so great! My boyfriend and I DID just install the Free version of CO but we're having a teensyweeensy issue.......when we log in we can't see each other even though we are standing in virtually the same place. Is this normal, because we would actually like to fight baddies 'side by side' if you know what I mean, lol! He and I met on CoH, became fast friends then something more{we are currently engaged}. So far CO is a little confusing, but like all things in life it takes time to learn things. We just do not see the point in playing this game if we can't actually see or interact with each others characters, so any help in this area would be greatly apprecitated by two refugees......... :biggrin:
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi all!! I'm a CoX 'Veteran' of 8 yrs, and this recent development really blindsided me, but the support you guys have shown us is so great! My boyfriend and I DID just install the Free version of CO but we're having a teensyweeensy issue.......when we log in we can't see each other even though we are standing in virtually the same place. Is this normal, because we would actually like to fight baddies 'side by side' if you know what I mean, lol! He and I met on CoH, became fast friends then something more{we are currently engaged}. So far CO is a little confusing, but like all things in life it takes time to learn things. We just do not see the point in playing this game if we can't actually see or interact with each others characters, so any help in this area would be greatly apprecitated by two refugees......... :biggrin:

You're probably in a different instance, one of you click the map name above the minimap and select the instance number your boyfriend is in (if you're already on each others friend list the instance the others in should show a friend is in the zone.)

If you need any more help then join the CoX channel ingame (command is /channel_join CoX )
  • Options
    ikari3senshiikari3senshi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank you so much for the information...we'll try that the next time we are on, and I've written the channel info down....that sounds fantastic! :)
  • Options
    oneheadedboyoneheadedboy Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi everyone.

I still need to read through most of this thread, but I appreciate the sentiment. I plan on subscribing to CO as soon as the COH servers go down.

-TwoHeadedBoy (@Septipheran) in Paragon City & the Rogue Isles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi everyone.

I still need to read through most of this thread, but I appreciate the sentiment. I plan on subscribing to CO as soon as the COH servers go down.

-TwoHeadedBoy (@Septipheran) in Paragon City & the Rogue Isles.

Huh, got a downgrade? :(
  • Options
    oneheadedboyoneheadedboy Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Huh, got a downgrade? :(

My other head was taken on this forum. *shakes fist*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    superratzsuperratz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We are kin in a way, Coh and Co always butt Head and been Rivals but we both comes form the same roots. In a way we are family, there still hope that they will change there minds, but knowing that you guys welcome us when we might not have a home to go to on November 30 is thoughtful.
  • Options
    drgeminidrgemini Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the welcome. I played this last weekend again for the first time since the f2p beta and found it far more fun than I remembered....until I run into the main super villain of a storyline and get stomped into the dirt, repeatedly.

Don't know if, without CoH to return to, I'll stay any longer than the previous times I've tried to get into CO, but at least after this warm welcome instead of letting it leave a bad taste in my mouth when I get stomped I'll come out here and find out what I'm doing wrong.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks a lot I really appreciate this post. I played this game for a while at launch and I did like it but I just couldn't stay away from my old toons and the system I knew and loved. Make some room for me.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png