test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Attack of the AOPM clones!!

lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Hero Games
I mean really, what the heck is going on? Watching duels or playing in Alerts, i see no original toons what-so-ever! All i see is AOPM with geyser insert random long range heavy hitter(Ebon ruin, Cascade, Defile, etc) What's wrong with making a concept toon? Is it not cool enough to try and win or compete with something that the other lemmings don't/won't use?

I don't get it. To top it off, these clones act as if they're god's gift to PVP !
As if i would ever be proud of using a carbon copy of the next guy, who is just a carbon copy
of the last guy, who's just a....you get the point.

PvP was a lot more fun to watch and play a year ago imo. Just a lot more variety in builds.
And no, i dont get owned or cry when i pvp against the many AOPM drones.

But, since the patch pretty much ruined my Brick toon, i have been watching a lot more.
And AOPM is the 1# passive i see out there. And that's a fact jack. Now, i'm not the one to throw the nerf bat around lightly, but...either do something about Geysers 100ft travel remover or scale back a bit on the numbers you can get with AOPM. Maybe a cool down on Geyser at the very least. Bring back some strategy and skill to slowing down the other guy instead of an auto-remover from a far with no penalty.
Post edited by lovehammer1 on

Comments

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yup. AOPM's the number one PvP passive for the sheer insanity you can push your stats to, even with the adjustment to make AOPM more team-centric. Force Geyser isn't the only Nailed applier at 100 ft (Sonic Arrow and Hurl are the others two), but Force Geyser is the only one that comes out instantly and pops the target in the air, rendering them helpless long enough for the one-shot Cascade or Ruin to end the fight.

The PvP metagame was always about making sure your enemy wasn't able to react, hence why Force Geyser is popular and everyone used Binding of Aratron and Ego Storm before On Alert. Now that a one-shot is a simple Imbue 'n charge away (and a quick push of Ascension to get to a safe distance if you're fighting a melee user), rendering people trapped and helpless with a simple button press is pretty much required unless they do the same to you.

... and if you manage to survive the one-shot, AOPM buffs their Presence enough that they can heal and bubble themselves to max immediately.

Be careful, because asking for FG to be nerfed will likely send the PvE-only crowd raging and frothing at the mouth for nerfing something for the sake of PvP.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Yup. AOPM's the number one PvP passive for the sheer insanity you can push your stats to, even with the adjustment to make AOPM more team-centric. Force Geyser isn't the only Nailed applier at 100 ft (Sonic Arrow and Hurl are the others two), but Force Geyser is the only one that comes out instantly and pops the target in the air, rendering them helpless long enough for the one-shot Cascade or Ruin to end the fight.

The PvP metagame was always about making sure your enemy wasn't able to react, hence why Force Geyser is popular and everyone used Binding of Aratron and Ego Storm before On Alert. Now that a one-shot is a simple Imbue 'n charge away (and a quick push of Ascension to get to a safe distance if you're fighting a melee user), rendering people trapped and helpless with a simple button press is pretty much required unless they do the same to you.

... and if you manage to survive the one-shot, AOPM buffs their Presence enough that they can heal and bubble themselves to max immediately.

Be careful, because asking for FG to be nerfed will likely send the PvE-only crowd raging and frothing at the mouth for nerfing something for the sake of PvP.
    Well...i hear what you're saying about the nerf bat. But, more than just pvp, it seems a bit of an overkill power in general (FG). A 100ft instant travel remover for PVE? Really?

Anyway, i have little respect for clones. Nothing like a pvp battle against a build that's your own! Nothing. IMO that is. That won't stop the drones who must win at all cost i know, but hey, one can dream for a Geyser-less- Aopm-less world for a day.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AoPM lets you raise CON to the max while using the STR or INT specs and getting a crapload of crit chance (DEX), capping EGO and PRE for their respective 20% bonuses on top of their large energy pool (REC and END).

The idea is always interesting and gives openings, but it will always be superior to every other passive for obvious reasons: All Stats.

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OP are you a sad panda bro?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Also, you helped me make my point. "Original" builds are a thing of the past with the current
    power setup. It seems if you want to compete, you simply copy and paste the AOPM standard.

And people seem ok with this? I don't get it. The only things that change are the names and costumes i see. Other than that, i would say...75% in pvp are using AOPM clone builds.

Sigh...I will never conform. I love being the "Other" 25%. lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    OP are you a sad panda bro?
    Sad? No. Amused? Yes.
    Lemmings are fun to watch.

mrf0rz1. I understand what you're saying and i know why people use it.
    I just don't understand why people can't seem to make their own builds with it.
    AOPM. Geyser. Smoke bomb. Long range heavy hitter. Clone.

Is it that hard to make a build without those powers? I guess so.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure the other 3 people will love the acclaim they will get from thousands of BASH games destroying you,

to buy nothing and get nowhere.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sad? No. Amused? Yes.
    Lemmings are fun to watch.

mrf0rz1. I understand what you're saying and i know why people use it.
    I just don't understand why people can't seem to make their own builds with it.
    AOPM. Geyser. Smoke bomb. Long range heavy hitter. Clone.

Is it that hard to make a build without those powers? I guess so.

Actually I agree with some of wut you say I lost a PvP duel and the loser had to sad panda the next nerf herder post they seen.

The irony is the winner had AoPM , Force Geyser and Force Cascade :/
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey, if you know where to look you can find people with unique, optimized concept builds! Generally in the RP crowd, to tell you the truth. Hardcore PvP is reserved for those willing to abandon the idea of a unique, concept-driven build.

Proof, I had some fun during an RP event with a minor PvP team-duel aspect simply playing a Soldier. There wasn't a single Ebon Ruin or Force Cascade or Ascension to be seen!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hey, if you know where to look you can find people with unique, optimized concept builds! Generally in the RP crowd, to tell you the truth. Hardcore PvP is reserved for those willing to abandon the idea of a unique, concept-driven build.

Proof, I had some fun during an RP event with a minor PvP team-duel aspect simply playing a Soldier. There wasn't a single Ebon Ruin or Force Cascade or Ascension to be seen!

>_> some of us roleplay, pvp and pve , dont go segregating the team I will be honestly blunt I am sick of dark grims in the club stating they could "Take me" even though I am a level 40 FF and they are a level 6 Radiant , you RP with Death Heal then get back to meh :/
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm sure the other 3 people will love the acclaim they will get from thousands of BASH games destroying you,

to buy nothing and get nowhere.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Something about being destroyed in bash?

Ohhh..wait...you were trying to say you use AOPM and don't like what i'm saying?
    Ohhh..ok. Or were you trying to be the first to be a #$^?

Either way, it's your time. Waste it how ever you like. Back on topic.

Cool story nepht. Irony can be funny indeed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sounds like fun.

I smell a roleplayer get him....

*notices her own Primus pages and silently skulks away....*
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There are certain powers you'll see in the majority of "competitive" pvp builds because the dynamic forces people in the direction.

You definitely saw far more variety in pre-alert, but part of that was there was incentive, and plenty of folks that would not normally pvp'd would for the sake of rewards.

I built my aopm from scratch, but its not very different from others in the sheer fact people come to the same conclusions. No passive has the same impact aopm does for either pve or pvp, so it shouldn't be surprising that its become common.

I still pvp on occasion with concept toons, but they retain a lot of lessons learned from all my pve/pvp experience. But really, seeing a ton of AOPM isn't too different than seeing a ton of dodge/invuls from pre-alert. People just adapt to the changes and what is found effective.

AT pvp was always far more fun for me, but it hardly ever pops.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Something about being destroyed in bash?

Ohhh..wait...you were trying to say you use AOPM and don't like what i'm saying?

I dont actually think he was trying to be mean...

Anyway, the only toon of mine to PvP is my behemoth and...wait for it...my Mind AT.

I do my best to avoid ff's if I cant see The __________ I will avoid them like the plague..for me it's just the fear of the unknown...:eek: having no prior knowledge of how they could pwn u xD.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

You don't know me.
    Ha...
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AoPM is good for DPS, good for Heal, good for Tank, AoPM match well for any type of build, cause we can gain enough energy by just maximizing our Primary&Secondary SS.

I think simple scale down nurf won't solve this problem but need radical reform.

BTW, I tested AoAC for while and found no merit of use.

Similar thing are already said here.
    # 1 How to Make Aura of Arcane Clarity Matter (including massive AoPM

If INT REC END bonus all go to AoAC and
    Primary&Secondary SS go to AoPM, I think we can expect drastic change. :D
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I mean really, what the heck is going on? Watching duels or playing in Alerts, i see no original toons what-so-ever! All i see is AOPM with geyser insert random long range heavy hitter(Ebon ruin, Cascade, Defile, etc) What's wrong with making a concept toon? Is it not cool enough to try and win or compete with something that the other lemmings don't/won't use? I don't get it.

What's hard to understand? It's just the flavor of the month. PvP in this game has always been like that...

Hmm, although fewer of the people who DO use mixed builds are around these days, and even fewer of the people who show good sportsmanship.
    To top it off, these clones act as if they're god's gift to PVP !

Yeah well most of them are kids who emulate the arrogance displayed by others in an effort to seem tougher -- sadly missing the point that they'd be respected more if they were kicking a** with a non-flavor-of-the-month clone build.

As for me, I tend to PvP with my sniper character (forz and Kentucky Fried have raged at me though because they can't stand her hide&snipe stuff) and a heavy weapons tank guy, (Thorkas). Neither are AoPM

But Aidan Thorkas sucks now thanks to the nerfs to Enrage, thanks to PvPers like the ones you mention overdoing and and the Enrage (and AoPM some too) get brutalized overly with the nerfs... Gee thanks...
    PvP was a lot more fun to watch and play a year ago imo. Just a lot more variety in builds.

I would agree, but there are many reasons why.
    And AOPM is the 1# passive i see out there. [...] Now, i'm not the one to throw the nerf bat around lightly, but...either do something about Geysers 100ft travel remover or scale back a bit on the numbers you can get with AOPM.

Exactly the stupid logic I was afraid of... "X is OP, nerf X." What is needed are options, not more nerfing to make stuff suck! Cryptic doesn't fine tune ****, they ruin it. (i.e.: holds)
  • Options
    edited August 2012

See, you're being hostile and don't even know who you're addressing.

I don't think Brou ever used an AoPM and I pretty much don't see him in the HG anymore, not that I blame him or anyone else.

But if you are complaining about lack of originality - what about all the ATs that have just a few power choices but are otherwise locked into the same powers, does that suddenly make them "unoriginal"...

I waited a long while to make my first AoPM when the initial wave of AoPM/Imbue/Cascaders hit. But as I knew it be what I'd be fighting, I needed to experience it first hand to see its benefits and weaknesses. And after getting some extensive experience with it, I understand why it's become the standard in the current system.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of which... I wonder why you don't see gigabolt more often... Always with the force cascade (don't get me wrong, it's an awesome power, but it's terribly common atm).

Oh yeah, and this isn't new btw. We've had this AoPM & Force Cascade cycle before just last year, at about this time of the year too. Hold on I'll get an old YouTube video to prove it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxbwXZMItw
    Aww @ my main, she's just a little level 20 something here, and back before going lifetime too (Grimoire, as you can see). AoPM wasn't nerfed back then, and the only way to make imbue go insane like he did was with CON. Lots and lots of CON. Actually I wonder how many of you PvP fans here remember XMTSX, he used to PvP and test out powers a lot. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Speaking of which... I wonder why you don't see gigabolt more often... Always with the force cascade (don't get me wrong, it's an awesome power, but it's terribly common atm).

Oh yeah, and this isn't new btw. We've had this AoPM & Force Cascade cycle before just last year, at about this time of the year too. Hold on I'll get an old YouTube video to prove it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxbwXZMItw
    Aww @ my main, she's just a little level 20 something here, and back before going lifetime too (Grimoire, as you can see). AoPM wasn't nerfed back then, and the only way to make imbue go insane like he did was with CON. Lots and lots of CON. Actually I wonder how many of you PvP fans here remember XMTSX, he used to PvP and test out powers a lot. :-)

Long day ago, we had a time we could spam full charge Force Cascade with Regeneration slotted.

Many things changed from those days. xD
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Long day ago, we had a time we could spam full charge Force Cascade with Regeneration slotted.

Many things changed from those days. xD

When i started with CO the main nerfcries were targeted on Laserknight, Uppercut and Teleport :cool:
    Powers change .. but there will always be another FotM build replacing the old one a few days later :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Powers change .. but there will always be another FotM build replacing the old one a few days later :wink:

That's the Cryptic way to sell Full Retcon Token. xD
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Had some sympathy for the OP till he accused Brou of being a PVPer then it dawned on me the OP doesn't know what they are talking about.

Brou as we all know uses might a powerset that has recently been nerfed but he sticks to it because its his CONCEPT <
    you reading that OP ...I will say this in bold text ITS A CONCEPT TOON THAT USES A BROKEN POWERSET . Hardly a PvP build of the month but I must admit all Brou needs is one punch and he can send you flying out of the dueling ring.

You get that even with a concept toon Brou can beat a PvP toon like my Nepht (and no I dont use AoPM I use Invul/dodge).

Brou is one of the nicest people you will ever meet in Champions.......

....unless your a PVPer then the Brou will mock ur **** in a somewhat lovable way :D

examples :

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=155731

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=153961

The OP obviously doesn't know that AoPM was recently nerfed , doesn't know half the people he's talking to, Brou is a freaking CO legend and knows more about this game than most. The OP OBVIOUSLY doesn't know the current build of the month theres a new one I know I've been ganked by it enough :/ (but you wont see me cry about it like a baby on the forums )

I will say this I reckon Shev knows more about PvP than the OP.

*edit*

Did I tell you how much I love know it all (but dont really) noobs -.-

I am done talking to this fool.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did someone necro a thread or is this really news again?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

HA! Smoochan summed this whole thread up in one sentence.

Kudos Smoo..kudos.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

Hehe .. now wait for a thread about how overpowerd Dragons Wrath is :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Give it time for the PTS patch to roll out, perspective will change yet again.

I created the (Version) of nearly unkillable Ebon ruin builds you now see so much of in order to fight against the Defile builds that used an abundant amount of stealtjh mechanics. I released the build to the officers in Altered Egos. In return Dark Crusade built the Cascade builds you now see, to counter the Ebon ruin builds, (Main mechanic is exploiting imbued heals). Pretty much where ever these two SG's will go, so will the rest of PVP but there is always a counter, it just takes a new OP build to be created to spark the cycle again.

I'm waiting for the patch to release a new melee build that will equalize both.

-Xeno

---
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You don't know me.
    Ha...
    Sorry Brou. My bad. I didn't get the humor the first time around.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :redface:
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nesn00000 wrote: »

I've got a perma-Ascension build I am trying to perfect on my 2.0 toon that should counter any melee you can think of :D (I hope, anyway.)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sorry Brou. My Bad. I Didn't Get The Humor The First Time Around.

Sorry For The Misunderstanding. :redface:

K

<3<3<3<3
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sorry Brou. My bad. I didn't get the humor the first time around.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :redface:

Right takes some bawls to say sorry like that. Well met.

My party bomb on sight Super group fatwa on you has been receded.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PvP is a joke.

If you're not laughing you should have never queued.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    PvP is a joke.

Why don't you play BASH with the big boys, then maybe talk. PvEers that cry about PvP are the real joke.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Give it time for the PTS patch to roll out, perspective will change yet again.

I created the (Version) of nearly unkillable Ebon ruin builds you now see so much of in order to fight against the Defile builds that used an abundant amount of stealtjh mechanics. I released the build to the officers in Altered Egos. In return Dark Crusade built the Cascade builds you now see, to counter the Ebon ruin builds, (Main mechanic is exploiting imbued heals). Pretty much where ever these two SG's will go, so will the rest of PVP but there is always a counter, it just takes a new OP build to be created to spark the cycle again.

-Xeno

---

Man of Light had a cascade build guide since I think before I even started in CO, so I wouldn't necessarily give them credit.

I fought ebon ruin tanks pre-alert as well, not much different than the aopm version since the aopm version functions the same way but just relies on md instead of a def passive, something not plausible before post alert gear.

Really, I have yet to see anything new, just variations of older builds "improved" with the new possibilities that arose out of alerts, well aside from UR variants, since that was impractical pre-alert.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Edited after second thought I don't want to release this
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Yeah .. time for a new old Uppercut :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AoPM is good for DPS, good for Heal, good for Tank, AoPM match well for any type of build, cause we can gain enough energy by just maximizing our Primary&Secondary SS.
    D

Um yea sure and AoPM achieves that those things all on its own its nothing to do with the other powers taken?

I could almost (and that's a big almost) agree with the DPS and heal but for tanking AoPM is a poor choice unless your going to build with it in mind and back up the large HP pool it can give you with plenty of other defences.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    but for tanking AoPM is a poor choice unless your going to build with it in mind and back up the large HP pool it can give you with plenty of other defences.

Hm .. Juggernaut scales on CON .. also Defiance .. so take AoPM and Defiance and ...

oh .. wait :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You take both AoPM and Defiance? It's so OP!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You take both AoPM and Defiance? It's so OP!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Yepp .. your defiance stacks go through the roof because of you enhanced CON from AoPM :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    firefly113firefly113 Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've said in the past that the PvP environment is nothing like anything else in CO. CO is overall a casual game which supports a variety of playstyles.

PvP kicks that right out the door. If you aren't building to compete, you're going to be at a disadvantage. While some non-competitive builds still work decently due to having the tools they need, they're still going to encounter difficulty when facing a character which is min/maxed. It's like the powerhouse Olympics. If you don't build yourself in such a way as to be able to counter the next PvPer you come across, you're opening yourself up for failure, and there is no second place in CO PvP. There's the winner(s) and the losers.

People copy builds because it allows them to skip the mathematics of coming up with a powerful build. The extreme number crunchers come out with new builds and the people who are too lazy to number crunch copy them knowing they're going to work. Once a strong counter build is discovered for that build it will taper off while all the copycats of PvP run off to try the new build. It's an aspect of PvP, and complaining about it isn't going to change anything. The only thing that can be done is to number crunch a build and never, ever, ever tell anyone how it works. This will force the lazy PvPers to actually think for a change.

I stopped taking PvP seriously a long time ago.

PvP is not a joke. . if you're a dedicated PvPer.

PvP is hilarious if you're a dedicated PvEer.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Lotta people saying PvP is a joke, you guys do know jokes are fun right?
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    PvP can be fun long as you don't take it to seriously
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    edited August 2012

At 1.04 some random appears and starts killing people with a giant SOFA @___@&quot;

Seriously all outta wuts with this one.

HAHAHAH Untouchable gets gang banged by midgets with tragic cones at 3.21 teh epicness :D

Man good show on Untouchable for being a good sport \o/
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    firefly113 wrote: »
    I've said in the past that the PvP environment is nothing like anything else in CO. CO is overall a casual game which supports a variety of playstyles.

PvP kicks that right out the door. If you aren't building to compete, you're going to be at a disadvantage. While some non-competitive builds still work decently due to having the tools they need, they're still going to encounter difficulty when facing a character which is min/maxed. It's like the powerhouse Olympics. If you don't build yourself in such a way as to be able to counter the next PvPer you come across, you're opening yourself up for failure, and there is no second place in CO PvP. There's the winner(s) and the losers.

People copy builds because it allows them to skip the mathematics of coming up with a powerful build. The extreme number crunchers come out with new builds and the people who are too lazy to number crunch copy them knowing they're going to work. Once a strong counter build is discovered for that build it will taper off while all the copycats of PvP run off to try the new build. It's an aspect of PvP, and complaining about it isn't going to change anything. The only thing that can be done is to number crunch a build and never, ever, ever tell anyone how it works. This will force the lazy PvPers to actually think for a change.

I stopped taking PvP seriously a long time ago.

PvP is not a joke. . if you're a dedicated PvPer.

PvP is hilarious if you're a dedicated PvEer.
    You make a good point. "Copy cat builds" are indeed what i was talking about, and it seems those that could care less about making their "own" build will use the next guys build as long as they can win with it. In itself, i have no problem with this. But, it's the attitude that most have that they are "Great pvpers", which most are not if you have seen them duel with the build they themselves came up with before "stealing" the latest and greatest fotm build.

So...when i see a build that doesn't use geyser or AOPM i am shocked now a days.
    And more shocked when somebody doesn't copy the next guy to win at pvp.
    My question is, can you be a dedicated pvper without using AOPM. Geyser. Force cascade. Ebon Ruin. Smoke bomb? Because when i bring it up to those who only pvp, those are the powers i see 90% of the time.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    Why don't you play BASH with the big boys, then maybe talk. PvEers that cry about PvP are the real joke.

.. Oh yes.. your claims that I don't PvP .. more of them. Your posts make me want to FoTM hunt you so bad.. but them I remember..

I dont need to epeen on forums OR in BASH. Going out of my way to do something NOT fun to me is not a sacrifice I'm willing to concede for you.

I queue PLENTY of PvP matches. I just make sure YOU aren't in them.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You make a good point. "Copy cat builds" are indeed what i was talking about, and it seems those that could care less about making their "own" build will use the next guys build as long as they can win with it. In itself, i have no problem with this. But, it's the attitude that most have that they are "Great pvpers", which most are not if you have seen them duel with the build they themselves came up with before "stealing" the latest and greatest fotm build.

So...when i see a build that doesn't use geyser or AOPM i am shocked now a days.
    And more shocked when somebody doesn't copy the next guy to win at pvp.
    My question is, can you be a dedicated pvper without using AOPM. Geyser. Force cascade. Ebon Ruin. Smoke bomb? Because when i bring it up to those who only pvp, those are the powers i see 90% of the time.

You need to check yourself with that "COPY" mentality. Certain powers have long been established to be common place in FF pvp, on alert changes really just narrowed a few.

Effective pvp requires an NTTG carrier, so hurl or geyser are locked in for that being the only 2 at 100ft range.

Smoke grenade placates (w/ adv) (altho percep debuff can help) but basically allows you to hide or setup your next attack. Smoke bomb is rarely utilized now.

AoPM is prominent for the sheer stat increase - unrestricted is often a blend of offense/defense, so one shouldn't be a surprised the most "hybrid like" passive is so common.

Ascension is flight immune to nttg, bonus healing buff, and a "break free" in one power, an energy form, and a dmg boost. This should be a no brainer.

You don't need to run ER or FC or even AoPM to be a "dedicated pvper". Dedicated pvp healers never looked that way, and there are plenty of setups that can do adequately or better outside of 1 v 1 situations.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    You need to check yourself with that "COPY" mentality. Certain powers have long been established to be common place in FF pvp, on alert changes really just narrowed a few.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

AND A few years ago almost ALL of the powers preformed GREAT in PVP, any given hero game pop you would see tons of different and epic builds.

Then came the People who cried about FOTM powers in the forums. GG.