test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bluhman's New Museum

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's double post time. First of the two is a bunch of past character makeovers/alternate outfits, since I've been respeccing and leveling them recently.
    The Secretary - New Demon Form
    e57u40o.png
    Striking closer to the succubus' true nature, bone armor is excessively used here, in conjunction with the wonders of auras and resized wings. Same general idea as the original, but a whole lot more organic looking and demonic.
    Shelix
    FWlFOPK.png
    The original concept of Shelix was actually more than just a super-strength bruiser, but instead a might and mind style character (shelix referring to a predominant feature of spirals within the design). After I was able to make a build that actually worked a bit around that tenet (it involves a lot of DoT), I went into action to actually incorporate that design feature into the character. Still feel like it needs some more color variance, though.
    Whiteout - A more dignified look
    I9IgBGB.png
    Big thing about original Whiteout is that he's basically a dude wearing a leotard. Sometimes you just want to cover those legs, you know, and that's where this more fancy outfit comes into play, not only covering up his loins, but also giving him a nice white and red cape, complete with a lovely short collar that the Sci-fi soldier set so graciously offers us.

Also a stupid bonus outfit:
    SUPER PRAWN GIRL
    ioHnz7P.png
    After several nights of trying to make a new character, I made this stupid outfit that will likely not be my next character only for the reason that I can't make an exciting or fun-to-play build based around it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited April 2014
    Four-image limit forces me to put this new character in a separate post! If I feel particularly inspired, expect a 2nd one to show up below it later.

SV36HtQ.png

"As young as she could remember, Shieldmaiden was raised in a typical Swedish family, and at the age of 18, volunteered herself to undergo a super-soldier program that would give her powers to shield others from harm.

Of course, those are all implanted memories. In actuality she was genetically engineered from day one and was subliminally trained in how to use her shield powers by UNTIL. She harbors a lot of seemingly undirected resentment towards everything, but doesn't seem to entirely understand why yet."

Force/Defense build. The aim of this is quite simple - If you're squishy, Shieldmaiden is going to be your best friend, as she's going to be designed to grant defense bonuses well in excess of 100% (halved), and use various support-attack powers to pull enemies into tight clumps.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    Four-image limit forces me to put this new character in a separate post! If I feel particularly inspired, expect a 2nd one to show up below it later.

SV36HtQ.png

"As young as she could remember, Shieldmaiden was raised in a typical Swedish family, and at the age of 18, volunteered herself to undergo a super-soldier program that would give her powers to shield others from harm.

Of course, those are all implanted memories. In actuality she was genetically engineered from day one and was subliminally trained in how to use her shield powers by UNTIL. She harbors a lot of seemingly undirected resentment towards everything, but doesn't seem to entirely understand why yet."

Force/Defense build. The aim of this is quite simple - If you're squishy, Shieldmaiden is going to be your best friend, as she's going to be designed to grant defense bonuses well in excess of 100% (halved), and use various support-attack powers to pull enemies into tight clumps.

I absolutely adore this. Great name, concept, background and look that combine into a fantastic package...kudos Blu
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • honkhillhonkhill Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shieldmaiden is great, something about those glow tights. I also enjoy those three updated looks, you really manage to nail it with color schemes and classic superhero looks.
    Catch me as '@Rotundo' in game
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the feedback! Shieldmaiden's glow look was actually a makeover from her 'classic' appearance on the right, simply because I felt like it needed a more interesting/colorful look.

Funnily enough tech was probably the last thing I would've chosen, but I got some suggestions on what themes to try out (light tech I think it was?) And this look just stuck. By complete coincidence she ended up looking like Zero Suit Samus a bit.

• tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Blu, where do you pick up your fonts for the image text? Inquiring mind of similar interests wants to know! Also I assume you use photoshop to apply them?
    edited May 2014
    tazy wrote: »
    Hey Blu, where do you pick up your fonts for the image text? Inquiring mind of similar interests wants to know! Also I assume you use photoshop to apply them?

Almost every font I use is from dafont. First result if you just google 'fonts'.

I actually use Paintshop Pro 7. Which is now over a decade old but heck if I will use anything else. It's about as stable as GIMP and has barely more options. And I'm just more used to it.

• tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Almost every font I use is from dafont. First result if you just google 'fonts'.

I actually use Paintshop Pro 7. Which is now over a decade old but heck if I will use anything else. It's about as stable as GIMP and has barely more options. And I'm just more used to it.
    Awesome. I go to fontspace but I like to have as many font sources on my favs as possible. I hated Typography classes but have to admit fonts are awesome. Thanks!
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While we're on the subject of fonts, Blambot has some nice stuff which is geared specifically towards comic related lettering. Most of the stuff you have to pay for, but there's a few free sets available as well.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
    edited May 2014
    Treble Makeover
    Emrf2cu.png

The changes to this small sonar hero's repertoire include his altered colors, changing from a Purple/Yellow thing to shades of blue and white. He also got a daft-punkish helmet to compliment that, and finally the boots got all teched up.

And the next character is:
    WEFKA5J.png

"A Chinese scientist was tasked with researching an odd, strangely intact sample of biological matter that had fallen from space. Though clearly constructed of chitinous pieces and vital fluids, the matter seemingly didn't have any real organs to work with. It was only through extended experimentation that the scientist was able to truly figure out what it was - a bio-technology super armor. Instantly discovering her genes, the armor bound to her and mutated her into LifeForm; a biological warmachine, capable of using powerful kicks, fierce claws, quickly regenerating armor, and even beams of superheated energy."

Sort of a guyver-inspired character. This build is a tank thing, and uses a combination of power armor and bestial moves to fight, alongside martial arts. It uses an End primary, which might facilitate the further use of ridiculously powerful and costly projectiles.

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Neat costumes, as always, but I'll admit I'm most interested in hearing a bit more about the build for LifeForm - I've always heard the advice of "don't mix power armor with anything else", so I'm quite interested in the details of what you've done to make that work.
    edited May 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    Neat costumes, as always, but I'll admit I'm most interested in hearing a bit more about the build for LifeForm - I've always heard the advice of "don't mix power armor with anything else", so I'm quite interested in the details of what you've done to make that work.

For most of the part it's true, with the exception of Chest Beam - It's the one Power Armor attack that's very strong as a standalone attack, not to mention its quite useful AoE effect and defense wearing effect. In contrast, most of my PA builds actually don't have quite enough energy in stow to really use Chest Beam reliably alongside other weapons systems. Chest Beam's likely the only real power armor attack that's going to be thrown in for LifeForm.

You could likely feasibly mix Minigun in with another maintain (using bugs), but for most of the part, the power armor attacks can't be mixed in with others, which limits their effectiveness since most PA attacks are very weak and low-energy on their own.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Besides utility, I imagine Chest Beam is perfect for a Guyver homage. :biggrin:
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tis very good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Moderately sized update!
    V9a1QPK.png
    Makeover: Halberd

The weird amputee gunner got limbs that are much bigger and brighter, versus the odd red/green things she had before. And yes this takes direct influence from one of my daily costume entries, Angelwing. Especially when I learned that the anime pistols could be used to make HUGE arm cannons.
    6at4HYn.png
    Ruby Ronin

A costume I made in my quest to make a good dual-blades character of some sort. The result is further down this post. Meanwhile this guy is OK I guess. I feel like I need some way to sneak more color in there, as well as maybe not just be some weird Silver Samurai variation.
    62aDF0J.png
    Makeover: Meliora
    This makeover's pretty minimalistic; just adding in a few Dryad pieces is all. Even she's not quite sure why it's being posted here.

QeVimjs.png
    "A past warrior, Tsepmet claimed to be a child of Ra. His memoirs, inscribed in his tomb, claim him to have single-handedly lead a retaliation against the Persian empire, only to fall in battle.

After being stuck in a tomb for a couple millennia and having had his body recovered by Nevadan archaeologists, his immortal soul returned from the afterlife to his body, now trained in the ways of both melee combat and the command of the winds upon which Horus' wings sweep through."

A dual-blade/wind build. Despite his armored look, he's actually super fragile - which is part of the plan, since his superstat layout is all damage stats (Dex/Str/Ego) and meant to bolster the usage of both melee and ranged attacks. Let's see how horrendously that ends up/how long it takes before I switch to a more generic build!

Also, tidbit about the pose he's doing there. Normally the Form of the Tempest toggle charge is just a Martial Artist/Unarmed stance. If you use a dual-blade attack alongside a /powerscancelallactivations bind, leaving your blades out, and then use Form of the Tempest, this charge animation is used instead.

edited June 2014
    I figured you might've end up using that mummy - what made you decide on a different face than the 'metal mask' look of the public version?
    edited June 2014
    honkhill wrote: »
    I figured you might've end up using that mummy - what made you decide on a different face than the 'metal mask' look of the public version?

Actually it is in fact a completely different outfit/base, just a similar concept.

The production behind Tsepmet started actually with the armored look on the right (and before then he was the samurai dude up above) - he was originally just going to be a suit of enchanted armor with some swords, but after the name Tsepmet was assigned, he became egyptian themed. And then a mummy.

Because the character's supposed to exemplify 'warrior' over 'royalty' the mask appearance was dropped in favor of a more wrappy style. In retrospect he probably should've just lost the egyptian headdress altogether.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ruby Ronin is pretty awesome looking. I'm glad we finally have a bunch of newer costume pieces to help cover in all those openings the older samurai armor had.
  • genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Derpy Chameleon looks derpy and cool

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! Derp Chameleon's one of those rare moments of genius where I'll basically never top it in like a decade.

Speaking of stuff I can't top:
    wVJUNLK.png
    Copper Hawk - Got lenses.

Hawk here has had a ridiculously good track record in costume contests, I've noticed, so clearly I did something right when designing the original outfit. That said, the change on it is super slight. I now use speedster goggles to put some logical lenses in to her helmet. Keeps the wind out of the eyes, and adds a nice little extra bit of detail. More parts should be able to be used like this!
    HtcUKEt.png
    Quarterlife - Grown Up

Quarterlife originally was made as a radioactive little girl for some reason. Well, I had enough of that setup, so now she's just a radioactive girl. With a hideously huge malformed arm. Also should note that I try experimenting a lot with different ways to make her skin look irradiated. This time it was something a bit different - tendrils.

Well, that was boring. On to the actual new stuff.

kMadqdK.png
    "Former member of DEMON, Apostate forsook her dark gods in favor of helping the good guys, after she was blackmailed into making blood sacrifices by other manipulative members of DEMON. To get back at her, DEMON ordered the gods of Qliphoth (who really couldn't care less about the whole ordeal) to banish Apostate from earth. Instead, they decided to just hop her up on a whole bunch of mutating magics, essentially turning her into a demon. Though powerful and skilled with the axe, her physical form is very unstable, and she must constantly absorb life force from her enemies to keep going on."

Str-based AoPM melee build, with a very strong focus on lifedrain. This is mainly an experiment in seeing if a build that completely avoids Conviction/BCR is even viable. Further taking advantage of these limitations, Apostate also uses Dark Transfusion to maximize her damage, and also comparatively maximize the benefits of her lifedrain.

Her visual gimmick is basically experimenting with what is possible with the Holoforce head. While it looks very much like the normal human model, it is not skin-colored, which means you can get away with some pretty spectacular shades of colors for your character's 'skin' if you use it correctly. I can almost guarantee that Apostate will look different as soon as the glowing tattoo lockbox set comes out.

3O1VMDk.png
    "When she was young, Meltdown's home in suburban Detroit was lost to a flash raid by the Maniacs, who firebombed the neighborhood. Left without her family and heavily scarred, she never really psychologically recovered from the incident. She'd constantly fear that fire would break out suddenly in front of her, and often she would suffer nervous breakdowns.

Her condition didn't improve until it was discovered that she derived comfort from directly watching things other than her burn. When she consciously realized this, she knew how to make the most of it, and got her close inventor friend to create a firesuit for her to don. Now able to burn as much things as she wants, as well as now being immune to the flames, she is slowly but surely making some kind of psychological recovery. And also taking gratuitous vengeance on the Maniacs."

Unorthodox fire DPS, focused largely on burst damage instead of stacking a bunch of flame patches underneath fire rain. WOW, does Fireball hit like a truck. Especially if you pair it up with Heatwave w/ Engulfing Flames, Fireballs do disastrously high damage to the main target. Pair it up with some Minimines and the build seems to do strangely well. I'll have to look deeper into what other strange bombs or missiles I might be able to take to my advantage!

Meltdown is in fact an adaptation of an old non-character outfit I had floating around. I sort of wanted to be a bit unique/counterintuitive by making Meltdown's armor blue instead of a warm color. Still not sure if I like it as much.

edited July 2014
    I like the new Quarterlife a lot better; good use of that texture for skin.

Meltdown continues to prove that fire suits can look really cool.
    edited July 2014
    I'm back! With a boatload of stuff. So much stuff, I'll need 2 posts to show it all. Now I have to get this stuff into chronological order:
    qOdQrlD.png
    Blossa Den Fule - The Red Dragon

Apparently depending on what season it is, Blossa den Fule changes colors.

The changes on this one are actually really subtle - Mainly it was the aim to make her look more dragon-like, with much larger legs, a smaller head (and an attempt to make her neck look longer), and much bigger wings. Also, this outfit comes in Green and Black colors as well. Simply because I'm a Heroes of Might and Magic nerd and it was those three dragon colors that consisted of different tiers of dragon strength.
    rm4t5qV.png
    Digsight's New Armor

Tired of being mistaken for fat, Digsight upgraded his armor with new Vibration Augurs, and a much slimmer profile.

This one's actually super-old, but I never got around to posting it. The only thing on him that's not old? Sci-fi soldier gloves. They're super hard to spot, too! He switched over to this outfit after he got rebuilt to use claws/chainsaw/gadgets, instead of being a mysterious earth bender.
    JZNgRBE.png
    Radius' Radiation Armor

He wears this stuff when the going gets tough. No capes, even more heavily protected, and able to more finely channel his radioactive energy, Radius is a foe to be reckoned with in this suit.

Was made shortly after Tactical Armor came out. I've mostly had a bit of difficulty using the set to its fullest, thanks to it confusing the heck out of me, but I think this turned out pretty good.
    NOkc5YF.png
    Bay Pig: SWAT Pig

After applying and being accepted into MCPD, he got his loadout updated, with heavier kevlar armor, protective sunglasses, urban camo, and a whole lot more gatling good.

Made a while after Tactical Armor was out, mainly to the benefit of padding up thoes pants. Look at dem goofy goggles deform.

I wish I knew why my game sometimes crashes when I take screenshots. :C

edited July 2014
    joBwDur.png
    PNG - Armor Upgrade

The increase in bandwidth on the internet allowed PNG to download more plating for her suit.

Pretty much made immediately after Holoforce came out. She's clad completely in it, pretty much, though she obviously hangs on to some Holo-hex parts as well. The armor plates only show up when she's either blocking, or has her Ego Surge active. I wish I had known that Ego Form aura would look the best with the armor, though. Her normal aura is Med. Nanites, which, while they do go over the geometry of the armor, they pretty much are unnoticeable.
    R6Mp3pm.png
    Lady Anubis - Wait, clothing?

Despite her abilities basically destroying everything around her, she's opted to try out a new outfit that hopefully will be a bit more strong.

Yay, pharaoh set. I blew most of my funds getting this set! The only other thing I can say about it is that the combination of teal and blue I managed to find on her headdress and shoulder thing turned out really good, I think.
    wl3ICxB.png
    Chisoku - A wonderful scarf

Having switched over to lighter armor, Chisoku can now wear the biggest damn scarf he can find, and be fabulous.

I discovered this was possible after making Chisoku's female alter-ego, and wondered how the combination of Steel Shadow armor and big scarf would look. I was pleasantly surprised. And Ironically, this marks a step towards his original look, which is more lightly armored (and a lot simpler.)
    ioQFHMP.png
    Kiel'Gorom - New, and has like a million recolors.

Not even sure if this new alt is really complete yet, considering how I can't settle on a recolor at all. The concept is an alien who's stuck with primitive gun technology, with the build being a munitions tank using Assault Rifle/SMG.

His current appearance is on the left. Chronological iterations go left to right, with his original, oldest, and most ugly look on the bottom. Feedback especially appreciated on this one.

• lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Love the new costumes you did for your characters, that costume for Anubis i can say is very stunning..although i do prefer her old Outfit, but thats just me.

Say...what tights is Radius using?

Anyway i'll keep watching your thread dude, awesome update!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Love the new costumes you did for your characters, that costume for Anubis i can say is very stunning..although i do prefer her old Outfit, but thats just me.

Tights look to be Steel pattern for Tactical Tights.
    edited July 2014

Ah cool, thanks man.

edited July 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »

Thanks. Pretty sure a majority of people prefer the original, for some combination of simplicity and whatever the heck else, but hey.
    And The Mighty Dork is correct, those are the steel pattern for tactical tights.
    It may just be my sense of aesthetics, but I think Kiel looks better with the blue skin and red eyes, myself.
    I can understand it; the red eyes do a better job of standing out, and the blue color's easier to combine with most other armor shades. I'm mostly drawn to the orange skin because it's a character color I haven't pulled off with anyone else (which is the caveat the rest of his outfits are running into, I think. Grey skin just makes him look like a fat, short version of Vai'tu, and on pretty much all the outfits I think I did a color scheme for another character's main appearance.)

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Thanks. Pretty sure a majority of people prefer the original, for some combination of simplicity and whatever the heck else, but hey.
    Probably because the original looks like animated Egyptian statue. New version looks more like actual living character.
    edited July 2014
    Probably because the original looks like animated Egyptian statue. New version looks more like actual living character.

. . . That's actually like the complete reverse of a character misconception, because that's pretty much what Lady Anubis is meant to be, and I never really realized that's what it looked like.

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hm. Yeah, that's an interesting point - the jackal head is really very stylized, so it doesn't fit very well with more realistic-looking clothing.

Still a neat costume; I like that the hat works with the jackal head.
    edited August 2014
    More random things:
    KKyaCXa.png
    Mach - Modern Variation

Mach's costume design brought to the modern age. In reality, this costume's style is meant to match those of Radius, Phasechange, and Quarterlife - They actually all belong to the same superteam of sorts, and thus the theme of black, color, and some metal tone all goes together.

CLOeVUT.png
    Propolista - The Thorax

Shortly after the spider leg back piece came out, I saw a bunch of people as 'fake' spiders that combined a fox tail with the back piece to produce a very insectoid look. It gave me an idea to use the tail as a thorax on this bug person, as it certainly stands out more than the bunny tail. Only issue: it weirdly swishes around. Most thoraxes don't do that.

YkRWBo9.png
    "Kiel'Gorom's race of aliens are a hardy species that live on a semi-active-volcanic planet. While robust, they aren't used to Earth's much thinner atmosphere, so Kiel'gorom must wear a specially made rebreather to enable him to survive. Also, his species' technology is very simplistic.

It's a mystery how he showed up on Earth, but ever since, he's proven willing to help out. Lent a bit of earth munitions, he's proven to be a worthy and incomprehensible ally."

First try at a munitions tank that isn't pistol-based. It probably won't go well, since assault rifle's damage isn't the greatest. Still, guess he's more of a pure 'threat-gen' tank rather than a damage-based one. WE WILL HAVE TO SEE IF IT WORKS.

F1HZtdT.png
    "Originally an oracle in classical times, Panopticon's ashes were buried inside a monument in Greece, only to have his entire tomb desecrated by cultists seeking to uncover his divination power. Unfortunately, in the process, they ended up summoning his spirit, which promptly posessed the lead warlock, destroying his body and binding Panopticon's conscience to the remains of his armor. Panopticon is now an ethereal, all-seeing spirit of vengeance."

And this is a straightforward Sorcery Tank. The new thing I'm trying with him: seeing how Wizard's Discretion works. The advantage on the Eldritch Blast works like Ice Blast's advantage, causing flat damage whenever hitting a held target. I've found in the process that it works really well with manipulator - because somehow Eldritch Blast stacks it. How about that. At the very least I learned something new with this build already.

Using a new eye aura for his appearance, as well as overlaying it with the Aura of Arcane Clarity effect, this makes Panopticon one of the character's I've somehow managed to invest the most Zen into so far, so... Uh, yay spending.

edited September 2014
    These guys don't get cards, because they're dumb.
    Well, more like Card stuff is antiquated by now! A single shot does good enough I think.
    EQT1gRM.png
    GENERAL GRIEF

"You've wronged me one too many times!! No more shall you callously send my foes flying away from my reach! No more shall you hinder my progress by fighting like a limp noodle! No more shall you WADDLE AROUND TO WHERE I AM STANDING TO HAVE THE SUPERVILLAIN FIRE THAT DEADLY WAVE OF RADIATION DIRECTLY AT ME YOU CALLOUS IMPREGNATED PEACOCK GENITAL..."

"...For I am GENERAL GRIEF, and I officially do not give a single flying f%&k about it! I SHALL BE THE ONE TO DO THESE THINGS, AND YOU SHALL BEAR THE GRIEF THAT YOU HAVE SOWED."

General Grief was a former player of the... Mildly popular online game "HeroicsNet". Unfortunately, during one lair run in the game, he went insane and suddenly became hyper-intelligent. Slinging around strange and alien insults, and easily irritated, he can and will become unusually useless and obstructive if angry. If you are effective and courteous in your heroics, you have nothing to fear from him - he can be surprisingly competent when need be.

So I've made several plans for essentially a 'troll' build, right? General Grief here is that put into practice. Because the only attacks you really need to be effective are pretty much Ricochet Throw and... .More Ricochet Throw, he basically spends all of his other power points on stuff that's designed to indriectly buff enemies, screw around with aggro, and knock enemies waaaay out. This way, if he's serious, he'll just be able to do consistent and powerful damage, and when he's annoyed by other people doing stupid stuff, he just completely messes around with everything that's happening.

After I get him set up and put him into practice, I'm gonna have to share his build. And then promptly delete him because both his concept and look are really dumb.

He has an alternate look where he's wearing bike shorts beneath a weird orange leotard and has a mullet, but that's probably even less worth showing off than whatever this is!
    1j5qJb4.png
    BARRY RABBIT

Barry Rabbit was originally an animatronic character at Perry's Pizza, a kids pizza joint and video arcade. Initially tasked with standing around and entertaining children with his insipid songs about love or whatever, his AI was repeatedly improved over the years, until Barry and his friends were able to freely explore the restaurant premises, learning childrens' names and making friends.

One night, however, Perry's Pizza was attacked. The culprit, a very hungry thief, stole several tons of dough used to bake pizzas. To help carry the dough out, though, he also tried to reprogram Barry, which unfortunately ended up giving Barry complete free will and an intense desire to kill all adults.

Eventually he was tamed by 8-year old super-genius Megadrive, who softened his programming to only have him attack people registered as villains. Since gaining sentience, he's modified his body to include a variety of weapons, including a detachable missile fist, and a particle cannon he calls 'The LOVEY Beam!!'

This is my Automaton character! A not so subtle homage to some horrifying game. Not much to say. I think I made like 2 other Animatronic characters to try and get a feel for how this guy should look.

Wish I could do something about the shins, but it's alright I think. He hasn't had a good repair in a while I guess.

edited October 2014
    I think I ran out of character concepts for now. That said, here's some updated alternate costumes for some older characters:
    Blueprint Man - Super Blue Armor
    ZEOVVCB.png
    "Chassis upgrades complete. Let's take out Mechanon... and absorb his AI!"

While mostly a recolor, that psi-dragon stuff allows me to make his helmet a lot more colorful, while sci-fi chest armor allows him to wear a very long scarf... That's completely blocked in this screenshot angle.
    Vasuda Vulpha - Henna Huntress
    jf78wri.png
    "Pff, appeal nothing. My old clothes kept getting stained. This is much more practical!"

Henna being ground up powder used to make really neat tattoo-like patterns. Realistically it'd be more tightly patterned than this. Easily my favorite part of the outfit is how the sandal/shinguards turned out.
    Commander Zeppelin - Worked Out
    cilB6kc.png
    "I'm tired of getting picked on all the time for being fat... Time to turn this around!" *7 weeks & 26 various cramps later*...

In addition to the build on this outfit being a bit more trim, it obviously uses a bunch of new costume parts: tactical patched tights on the upper body, archer pants, soldier boots, and the new goggles. The build of this is actually based off of the build I had him in with his dark armor - just this outfit's more directly based off his original look.
    Archon - Unleashed
    lAtdrx6.png
    "My body is destroyed. I am now purely dust and energy - no longer human. Let this hull channel my boundless power, and the new Archon rise!"

So now instead of being a cross between like Dr. Manhattan and Dormammu, he's now a cross between Dr. Manhattan and Galactus, but tiny. Kind of surprising how well the new Cosmic-Knight parts blend in with Holoforce pieces.

edited October 2014
    Lady Anubis - Glyphs
    ZxbfVNL.png

Variants of her default look with some runic shapes on 'em. The left is what was first created, then I switched over to black to make it more consistent. For added contrast, the shade of black she uses as the base is actually a tinge brighter than what's on her normal look.

Kind of neat how well the Inlay pattern matches up with the arcane tattoos for the top. Nicely solves the problem that the lack of beast-lower-body tattoo options.

Pistoljack - Zone Outfits
    B9fRaH5.png

Her normal outfit works well for the desert and MC, but it's very cold in canada, very wet in lemuria, and very not-breathable in space, so I needed to tackle all those problems.

I probably struggled the most with the Spacesuit, honestly, since while most of PJ's look is pretty standard/modern in nature (albeit very cowboy inspired) the spacesuit is pretty clearly more of a retro callback of sorts. Simply due to the huge helmet. Now if only I could sneak a cowboy hat below (or on top of) that dome.

Think-Tank - Alternate Models
    5sdXhQ1.png

On the left is a secondary head model that was designed by her husband to get over the problem of not being able to speak or emote at all. A big old computerized screen head that has a basic facial expression program that runs, and obviously also has speakers.

On the right, junk. Junk bound together by pure wrath and hatred into a scrapheap, plated and armed with deadly psionic powers, so watch out dude.

Captain Radius - Ages
    gXZwdYl.png

Zenith's been doing these for quite a few of her characters, so I decided I'd take a shot at doing one for probably the most stereotypically superheroic of mine - Captain Radius! I have to say, though, the golden-age one is a bit awkward, considering its time period was during WWII - Well before the A-Bomb even was a thing in any sort of media. On account of it being a top-secret project. There's some pretty clear crossover between Gold and Silver, to be sure. I just figured that Golden Age would be using much more rudimentary art/printing techniques, which would justify more basic colors and less complex character design.

edited November 2014
    All these look great, but my favorites are probably Commander Zep, Archon, Think Tank and Barry Rabbit.
    edited November 2014
    Thanks, honk! I think the way that those turned out are my faves, too. Some of them (like Blueprint Man and Anubis) have had those configurations for a while, actually.

Here's some minutely newer stuff!
    Star Soldier - To the Cosmos!
    lwAfHzM.png

The inclusion of the Psi-Dragon headpiece makes it possible to make StarSoldier's headwear a lot more extravagant! Combining it with the star mask, and adding in a new fancy red cape (red on the inside, white on the out - I seem to like that combo a lot...), and he now looks a lot more needlessly fancy in the heat of battle! We'll just say there's a space rebreather somewhere in there as well, yeah.
    King Etriden - Helm of Blades
    RvXQK5H.png

Since Etriden here's supposed to be a ghost king who is basically a floating sword when he isn't able to possess a body, it probably would make more sense if his outfit had a ton more sword motifs on it. With the help of the extremely-hard-to-unlock Valerian shoulders, and some gratuitous blades on the Cosmic helmet, he now is also more needlessly fancy and looks suspiciously like Archon. yay
    Vai-Tu - Space Warrior
    8vkeRMm.png

I honestly think that part of the charm of Vai'Tu is that, despite being a really tall and intelligent psionic space alien, its clothing is extremely simplistic technologically. Well, nevermind all that, let's just slap a ton of armor on there to make sure they don't get stabbed to death.

And I really wish Beast Legs would get some of the glowy options that the regular legs have been rolling in. Yarrgh.

.62 - Character Reimagining
    LxZBnw4.png

Originally .62 was a tech spec-ops cyborg man. His build gimmick then was being a Night Warrior who, instead of using hella boomerangs or stabbing things from the shadows, favored the devious act of dropping gas pellets, bombs, and mines from the air - all while remaining undetected.

However, after respeccing a few NW chars and basically deciding that stealth in this game's really boring, .62 got completely reconfigured. Because I already had a couple other characters who were also sizing up to be fully-clad techy-tights designs (Arbalest, Phoenixblade), Both his look and build were reconfigured into a completely different set:

.62's now a home-augmented assassin. Using a chest-mounted apparatus, he shoots bolts of poison from his wrists, and can use this venom to coat a pair of claws he uses for a lethal stab. Build-wise, he's actually a Combo Blaster (courtesy of Flowcyto): Uses combos in melee to trigger crits, which are used to unleash a fast-charged blast, which is then used to release a powerful Defile hit. How effective is the build in practice? ... I HAVE NO IDEA!

There's tubes on the backs of his arms, but I'm an idiot and got the worst angles possible to show those.

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    .62 - Character Reimagining
    LxZBnw4.png

How do you have a normal claw on the left hand? My MA Claw characters always have the left claw pop out backwards.
    edited November 2014
    They appear normal ingame. The backwards claw issue only occurs in the tailor preview.

• rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what are the gauntlets your using on .62
    edited November 2014
    does anyone know what the gloves are on the left pic

LxZBnw4.png
  • lilukariolilukario Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rykus83 wrote: »
    what are the gauntlets your using on .62

Holohex short gloves with the cyberlord bracers.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rykus83 wrote: »
    does anyone know what the gloves are on the left pic

LxZBnw4.png
    lilukario wrote: »
    Holohex short gloves with the cyberlord bracers.

wrong

Pharaoh gloves with Cybermind bracers

edited November 2014
    cool thanks guys
    edited November 2014
    Here's just a couple of better angles of 0.62. Especially like how the claws just come together; really appears that his tubes are set up to channel venom straight into them. Sort of makes me wish we had syringe options for them:
    juWv2d1.png
    After playing his new build a bit, I gotta hand it to flo: The Combo Blaster is very good, but also very hard to play. Pre-emptive strike adds a lot more damage than you'd expect from its description; like, Defile's full charge gains a full 1000 extra damage while it's active.

This post is going to have a card dump for 3 characters, in traditional Alt Character style. Just have to assemble them, as well as come up with a bullcrap backstory for one.

edited November 2014
    - and I tell you this because I have this post that has 4 other costumes for older alts, and the image limit is stupid.:
    7UEZ1ac.png
    Captain Radius - Multifaria/Praetorian/AlternateEarth/ETC. Version

In an alternate timeline, turns out the kind of dopey and powerful Radius ended up embracing the power of the atom, becoming a monstrously powerful supermutant with the ability to fire fearsome beams of radiation. At some point through a hypothetical battle against him he absorbs too much energy and becomes an insane grondlike creature.
    SkWezDN.png
    Arbalest - Heavy Arms

A bit of an upgrade to his original look, This outfit was based off of a quick 'cyber-ninja' outfit that I made for a costume contest (and failed to win with, expectedly. It's very similar to this, but with an older helmet and a sword instead of quiver.) Not much to it; the Clockwork Helmet probably makes him look that much more like his inspiring character from Borderlands.
    5M1s1Wy.png
    Notch Carinseeker - Tier4/Dwarven Mail

Notch used to have a bit of an 'upgrade' look going for him; every 10 levels, I made him a new outfit; his first just being a normal miner, leading to something looking like Gimli, to wearing snazzy gold armor. I struggled a bit with the level 40 look, since at first I wasn't sure what theme to go after initially (originally it was a modern/military look, but it was really dumb IMO), but then I settled on this look, which gives it a heavier, more practical appearance vs gold - as well as slightly modern with the strong geometric aspects.

I wish we had better shields. That asymmetrical bracer is killin' me.
    VQ4FmUt.png
    Bleeding Heart - Empty Heart

Trying out some tinkering with the skeleton set to make something other than a skeleton, it seems this character now has no internal organs... Which makes me realize, I sort of wish there was an internal organs option for the torso bit, but one can only dream.

At the very least, activating the red-colored Bountiful Chi Resurgence causes the chest area to glow, so it does appear that something is going on in that ribcage!

edited November 2014
    I really need to get my hands on the clockwork helmet, that looks like a really good piece.

I also like the use of the alien skin to simulate torn clothing.

Finally, Bleeding Heart definitely stands out more with the skeletal chest, really adds to the character.
  • acrosscatacrosscat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Moderately sized update!
    V9a1QPK.png
    Makeover: Halberd

The weird amputee gunner got limbs that are much bigger and brighter, versus the odd red/green things she had before. And yes this takes direct influence from one of my daily costume entries, Angelwing. Especially when I learned that the anime pistols could be used to make HUGE arm cannons.

I really, really love the thin railgun look of Halberd here on the Mechassassin weapon arm.

...And now I really, really wonder how the pistols look on her for arm cannons. Or what pistols, for that matter.

EDIT: I realize the angle obfuscates it a little, and realize you may already be showing off those stonking huge pistols already in that shot.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, that is the Mechassassin hands with the aforementioned guns, combined.

It's been a while since I updated, huh? Completed some cards, now using software that isn't a decade old.

CXuCC1c.png
    "You've wronged me one too many times!! No more shall you callously send my foes flying away from my reach! No more shall you hinder my progress by fighting like a limp noodle! No more shall you WADDLE AROUND TO WHERE I AM STANDING TO HAVE THE SUPERVILLAIN FIRE THAT DEADLY WAVE OF RADIATION DIRECTLY AT ME YOU CALLOUS IMPREGNATED PEACOCK GENITAL..."

"...For I am GENERAL GRIEF, and I officially do not give a single flying f%&k about it! I SHALL BE THE ONE TO DO THESE THINGS, AND YOU SHALL BEAR THE GRIEF THAT YOU HAVE SOWED."

General Grief was a former player of the... Mildly popular online game "HeroicsNet". Unfortunately, during one lair run in the game, he went insane and suddenly became hyper-intelligent. Slinging around strange and alien insults, and easily irritated, he can and will become unusually useless and obstructive if angry. If you are effective and courteous in your heroics, you have nothing to fear from him - he can be surprisingly competent when need be.

This insane foxbat nerd's backstory I already discussed - his aim is to make an extremely cheap and strange build that can be used to manipulate the tide of a battle in such a way that he can royally screw over someone annoying him, with attempts at tricks such as palliating key targets (either sassy tanks or dying allies), using advantaged confuse abilities to attempt to buff enemies, shielding enemies with holds, and other counterintuitive stuff - all based around the frankly overpowered core of Ricochet Throw, which supplies all the single target DPS and AoE he needs. yay.

gRUbMwf.png
    Barry Rabbit was originally an animatronic character at Perry's Pizza, a kids pizza joint and video arcade. Initially tasked with standing around and entertaining children with his insipid songs about love or whatever, his AI was repeatedly improved over the years, until Barry and his friends were able to freely explore the restaurant premises, learning childrens' names and making friends.

One night, however, Perry's Pizza was attacked. The culprit, a very hungry thief, stole several tons of dough used to bake pizzas. To help carry the dough out, though, he also tried to reprogram Barry, which unfortunately ended up giving Barry complete free will and an intense desire to kill all adults.

Eventually he was tamed by 8-year old super-genius Megadrive, who softened his programming to only have him attack people registered as villains. Since gaining sentience, he's modified his body to include a variety of weapons, including a detachable missile fist, and a particle cannon he calls 'The LOVEY Beam!!'

The guy who attempts to incorporate Aspect of the Machine and Rocket Punch into his build. He's not an automaton, as he was respecced out of that AT and into freeform when I discovered you could just respec an existing 40 into the Reawakened Automaton to unlock those moves.

I hate playing him. That should speak for how effective I think AoTM is.

ezz0l1b.png
    "A pixie that originally lived in portugal, Paella was sincerely confused and scared as to why she was seeing these huge, metal boxes hurdling past her home. When she went to investigate, she discovered human civliization, and began exploring further. By complete accident, she got stuck in the landing gear of a jet heading to Millennium City, and now needs to use her powers to try and find a way back home!"

A tiny support fairy, this character is basically flat-out support for Grab alerts, as she does horrible upfront damage, and mostly is made to tap-spam Celestial Conduit on whoever needs emergency help. She draws way too much aggro; everyone in grabs really sucks at doing damage.

AbwES6g.png
    "Athsmatic and anemic, Will Powers is probably the last person you'd expect to think of bringing the fight to the villains - yet, there he is. His mother's side of the family was consistent of heroes that took part, and sacrificed themselves, in the Battle for Detroit. Having been old enough to fondly remember his mother, he and his father both agreed that he should try and pay tribute somehow by taking up his own mantle - but with little else than a couple of pistols, low-grade 'power gloves', and whatever hereditary latent abilities Will might have, he certainly has his work cut out for him."

A gimmick build part of the 'Gimp My Build' challenge. I usually level up characters in order of creation, with only a few exceptions. Will Powers is one of those, as he's currently level 37, while the other three in this post are all stuck at 25. He's an interesting mix of Two Gun Mojo, Sigils, Mental Storm, and SMGs, and even with all that theoretically overpowered stuff, he still has a considerably hard time holding his own against large mobs of villains.

More legitimately new stuff to come later!

edited March 2015
    I know i've replied to this thread already, but i love your stuff Bluh, Will Power's costume is looking pretty sweet.