What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bluhman's New Museum

123457»

Comments

• Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Honestly the pink panther is so cool without being silly. Mechanon would not have indulged in pink robot cats, but maybe she/he/it wished to be recolored after release?

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    sooperjoe said:

I was just wondering if someone would make the Final Pam here, and I am glad it was you, bluh. I also really like Ion Panther's color scheme for the first costume. He ought to have a Killer Queen outfit though.

Thanks, it was the next best thing to trying to show up to meet Knife Dad in person. I'll have to keep that Killer Queen idea in the back of my head for next October, as well.

Honestly the pink panther is so cool without being silly. Mechanon would not have indulged in pink robot cats, but maybe she/he/it wished to be recolored after release?

His old owner modified the armor after he got back home. Basically both to match his personality, and also to let people know "This is just a cute animal with a death machine body."
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    More stuff, new character.
    Idaten - Cyborg Ninja

Spur of the moment costume I decided to try making, considering a huge number of Idaten's outfits were so old. The theme of this ended up being 'scalloped spiky shapes' apparently.

Barry Rabbit - Creepy humanoid face

The essence of an animatronic face, I'd say, is that it's very heavily humanized while also maintaining really clear animal features - so stuff like nose and ears are clearly not human, but then you get big, expressive (unsettling) eyes and eyebrows and a round head and that's basically the basis for stuff like Chuck-e-cheese being so weird to look at. That said kind of wish I could've gotten the caps on the side of the head just a bit more ridiculously huge so that they maybe could've blended into the sides of the teddy mask, give the impression of huge cheeks.

Tsepmet - Legless

Something weird to note: the Shadow material has the trait of showing auras through the shadowed part, making stuff like fire or seraphim auras pop up on top of the blacked-out body. In the case of this mummy warrior, it allowed me to hide those stupid feet behind a veneer of black smoke, to some extent hiding the fact that he still walks on little rayman feet.

Chisoku - Black

Alternate look that draws a lot more inspiration from the likes of Kamen Rider Black - thicker armor, darker colors, no scarf. Coming up with colors that still would pop with the primarily black and dark-blue scheme was satisfying to find - Apart from the obvious red of course.

Chisoku - Mecha-anubis

Between this and the Mecha-Ninja, I'm beginning to really like these Toxic Steel legs' shape. The gimmick here obviously was sort of a 'crossover' adaptation of Lady Anubis' look, but on a different character. I'm probably gonna end up cycling them between my main role characters I've got (Aside from Chisoku, Inspector Steel the Tank, Lady Anubis the Ranged DPS, and Tri-Emerald the Support). The head was mostly the easiest part to do - knew from the get-go that the Arcane Mage helmet would help a ton, and turned out the Ironclad crest added some much-needed structure and contrast. The rest of the design was a challenge in terms of how to make it look both 'egyptian' and still very mechanical. Vikorin gloves probably were the most deliberate choice for that purpose.

Arcana - Armor

The logical extension of her Magical-Girl outfit was to try and see what some kind of 'upgraded' form of it would look like. With the patterns of the Wolf Armor still matching the Fantasy top so well, I knew that was where I could start from. Other elements, such as the collar, happened to have matching runic elements that extended the design further and fit it well.

Panopticon - Silver Armor

Panopticon's original design was based on a lot of buggy stuff that shouldn't have worked at the time - such as using chest armor in the coat section, which completely unintentionally would make your biceps invisible! But with the tailor upgrade, I decided to revisit the look in his traditional blue-gold color scheme. That darn Inmate armor rears its head again, and I finally find a use for those Vintage Toy boots.
    Also of note, the aura combination for his 'weird mystical eyeball' head, utilizing the forehead eyeball aura, and the sacred aura from the arcane box. Also that sprite, fun little project I did for an art class creating the character from memory.

Inquisitor Craig

Former Vibora Bay minister, Inquisitor Craig was roused to action when the streets began crawling with Vampires and Demons, the like of which humanity had not seen before. By putting his head together with other like-minded church owners, Craig utilized tithes of the collective churches to fund his crusade against the forces of darkness, purchasing two pistols, an bullet-crafting device, infusing his rounds with holy water, and a folding scythe lined with silver. The locals consider him a nutjob, but Inquisitor Craig still fights with both caution and an intense faith.

In the process of drafting up a new Munitions character to test the set's changes, I eventually decided to kind of depart from the traditional setup - a rather significant number of characters I already have utilize the set, and all things considered, the core of how it works hasn't changed much. It's just gotten way better, is all. That all said, Craig here takes his own spin on the Muni set by mixing it with strength and heavy weapons, and will likely combine the two for a powerful melee beatdown that deals piercing-crushing damage.

The outfit's pretty clearly inspired by the likes of Van Helsing or Bloodborne or what have you - dark monster hunter guy. Basically I don't think it would've been possible to make him look the part without the robo-cowboy set. That all put aside, the dark hunter archtype of design doesn't really allot much freedom for going bright with colors. Also finally found a good use for that Heavy Scythe unlock from back in May.

(also the underside of the neckpiece cape-attachment thing is buggy and can't be colored thx)

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Celine

"A fearsome moon spirit, Malvan gladiator, intergalactic public enemy #1, and (despite all this) a heroine of earth, Celine's origins as all these things rooted from her disturbance at the appearance of the Forum Malvanum in her lunar real estate. Initially, she didn't have a physical form, until the desecration of her land began accumulating wrath within her, eventually coagulating into a frightening, blue beast.

Celine initially started out blindly fighting as a combattant for the malvans, proving a powerful threat and opponent for many gladiators. As she fought more and learned the ways of the Malvans, she gained cognizance and soon registered to become a full-fledged gladiator herself, for fame and glory - of course this was but a ruse she was formulating to betray the Malvans. Through her contact with aliens, she forged her own armor, and her lunar-crystal blade.

With her armaments and rapidly accumulating power, siphoning her strength directly from the lunar surface, she was becoming a nigh-unstoppable threat, even proving a frightful enemy to Ironclad. This eventually accumulated in her fight against Ariax Throne, where she finally unleashed her full potential and nearly shattered the entire Malvan settlement with her might. Unfortunately, Firewing's blazing fury was too much for her to sustain, and she was flung into space, stripped of most of her power.

Several days later, she crashed into the surface of earth. With only the equipment left in her possession, she set out to establish the nature of the planet's inhabitants, learning of how the humans honored the moon from a distance. With this, Celine swore herself in service to the people of earth, to reclaim it in both their honor, and hers - regardless of how many Malvan deaths it takes of course."

So the ghost knight from a couple pages back sort of evolved into this thing. Sort of the (il)logical progression from that, to slime knight, to moon-monster knight. The intent overall was to get some kind of non-tech themed laser sword user. Considering that Malvan fighters is questionably, probably all tech-based, going with this origin probably wasn't the greatest idea, but whatever! It's a laser-sword user that makes use of considerable Circle of Arcane Power.

Overall I really wanted to mix the appearance of a tight-fitting and plated armor look, mostly taking advantage of the latter to try and alter the shape of the body to look kind of progressively less feminine the further from the center of the figure you get. The moon monster origin and head was more or less an excuse to sneak the design in as an entry to a monster costume contest. Even then though I knew I probably wasn't going to go for a human-shaped face from the start.

The serpent armor matches up pretty well with the dragonscale cosmic parts. The white armor in the 2nd image was the first designed, but I overall liked the color scheme of the blue-to-red gradient on the first and third images more. I'll probably find some way to incorporate the silvery-white color into something that fulfills both palettes well. The whole reason I went with moon-theming for the character was that silver color scheme after all.

Lady Anubis/Inspector Steel/Tri-Emerald - Other character scrambles

These were a lot harder to pin down than the Anubis armor design. The private-eye look does not transition all that well over to female characters, so instead the Tri-Emerald/Steel fusion sort of ended up being a kind of robo femme-fatale thing. The Chisoku/Steel fusion I did end up liking, though. It actually ended up using a lot of the components that some of Chisoku's older outfits had used, which probably suits Steel's heavier build better rather than Chisoku's aerodynamic one.

Bleeding Heart - Straitjacket

Not much to say on this one, it was actually made pretty shortly after the Inmate set came out so it's pretty old. Though I do like how Maniacs gang members just happened to be in the background there, that wasn't even intentional.
    Post edited by bluhman on

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    bluhman wrote: »
    Celine
    kKWMTBa.png
    tFINELG.png
    It may be because Im currently into a Kingdom Hearts Fever (again)
    But this head combination reminds me a lot of Heartless design
    Really digging the design, this inspire me to design a character bymyself around it
    Glorious design quality as well~

I love her middle picture armour, you compined different armour pieces very good.
    Designing a good armoured female character was always a challenge for me in CO​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    sooperjoesooperjoe Posts: 31 Arc User
    From the last two points, I really like Inquisitor Craig for the victorian gothic look, Celine's indigo armor, and the concept of mixing two character costumes (I might have to try that). What'd you use for Anubis' third eye?
    Catch me as @Rotundo in game!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    sooperjoe said:

What'd you use for Anubis' third eye?

Looks like the 'Third Eye' Eye Accessory

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the comments!
    avianos said:

It may be because Im currently into a Kingdom Hearts Fever (again)

But this head combination reminds me a lot of Heartless design

Really digging the design, this inspire me to design a character bymyself around it

Glorious design quality as well~

I love her middle picture armour, you compined different armour pieces very good.

Designing a good armoured female character was always a challenge for me in CO​​

Now that you mention it, that's a pretty spot-on description for the entire character. Crap even the color scheme ended up looking kind of like the heartless enemies. Completely incidental.

Most of the difficulties I find in female armor are due to the fact so many of the shoulder options are so small. Secondary is how many of the chest options either are way too form-fitting (really taking 'breastplate' literally) or keep the midriff exposed. The latter really wasn't much of a consideration here. Hiding it with an 'armored' body option type masks it a bit at least.

sooperjoe said:

What'd you use for Anubis' third eye?

Looks like the 'Third Eye' Eye Accessory

Yup, it's the normal third-eye option. The bottom half of it is kind of clipping through the head, but that's just the nature of allowing the player to combine any given costume parts.

• Options
    Apoplexy - Goop

With the ever expanding category of small costume pieces being added to the list of Ghost items, I tried my hand in doing an outfit that fits the full-on translucent goop creature, basically combining a full ghost base body with Steel Arachnid head and back pieces, some Nightmare horns, and a cyclops-like eye via a glowing clown nose. I don't think my computer likes me using this much ghost material, though, it seems to cause my tailor to freak out graphically every other minute for a split-second.

Inqusitor Craig - Masked Hunter

As his trade faced greater threats from all sides, he saw the necessity to don a mask to conceal his identity. And carry a bigger weapon. This one is basically way closer to his source inspiration than his other outfit was to say the least, considering how all-in one can really go with that steampunk plague mask. The hat combination with it was done using the Gorilla head, which has its own set of hats it can wear on top of other hats.

Pestarzt - Creepy

Those Cyber Cowboy claws, they are so unbelievably huge. The general appearance I was going for here was to really bridge that gap between his scientific roots, and his current monstrous, horrific, supernatural form. Basically the kind of thing you'd see him running around in less in public, and more when operating on his subjects, leering at you from above a gurney with some scalpels. That sort of lovely scene.

Celine - Armor variations

Variation trying to tie that white, lunar color scheme in with the cyan/blue powers she uses, as well as a fully-armored type that just throws a different texture on the lower body and pairs it with an arcane belt.

Ion Panther - Silver/Green Panther

There seems to be a lot of these this time around, costume revisions where I'm trying to unify what I like the most about a character's design. Panther here I was aiming to mix the more playful catlike aspects of the pink outfit (as well as that nice pop of the silver) with the more serious black/green color scheme that the main design uses, as well as matching the color of his powers. Also throws in Millennia shoulders for good measure. That's probably the only costume part of the set I've really liked in it so far.

The rest of these are WIPs
    Nemesis Workshop - 0xDEADFADE (Ion Panther Nemesis)

"One of Mechanon's most pathetic flunkies, Patrol Drone 3735943902 (Or DEADFADE, in hexadecimal) was tasked with the deed of finding and tracking Ion Panther's whereabouts. At the time of being assigned, DEADFADE and Mechanon were convinced that the Panther would easily be destroyed and mangled beyond recognition by the humans once it was let loose on Earth. However, when Ion Panther's original owner recovered him and took him in, a new threat emerged - Human Scientists, not to mention Panther's owner himself, could simply research the robot now that it was docile. DEADFADE was then sent down to Earth, with the express purpose to eliminate the robot, and leave no trace.

DEADFADE was originally manufactured for espionage, designed to be personable, attractive, and ultimately misleading to humans. However, his data calibration has constantly been stuck in the late 20th century, so he now relies on combining his hideously bright swagger and anachronistic lingo with plentiful weaponry."

Nemesis Workshop - 'Oni' (Amagiri Nemesis)

"Once a nameless Oni who had threatened Amagiri's foster relatives, he was the first victim of Amagiri's magic that the Tengus unleashed upon their enemies. While in the past he had successfully fought and raided the Tengu's nests for food and wares, he was at a loss when faced by the raging winds of the Kitsune. Unfortunatley, with this turn of events, he was forced to leave, his nearest source of sustenance now cut off. In the process, The Oni headed far north, traveling on foot, using what little strength he had to fight off any threats he faced. Though cold, starving, and weakened, the vision of that Kitsune's piercing blue eyes kept him going, knowing that one day, he would find an inner strength to overcome the magician that had made a fool of his might."

Nathan Adultman

"A very mature and upstanding citizen and hero, Nathan Adultman is well known at all the movie theaters showing R-rated movies, bars, clubs, and magazine shops. Using his trusty completely legitimate ID, he can get exactly where he needs to be and do adult things, like an adult. Which he is. He's Adultman."

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The hat combination with it was done using the Gorilla head, which has its own set of hats it can wear on top of other hats."

I applaude to you, that's a CLEVER way to bypass the hat limitations
    If the mask was eye or mouth accesosry we wouldn't have such issue...
    Nathan Adultman
    I see Vincent Adultman, from BoJack Horseman, persuited the superhero life after breaking up with Princess Carolyn​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Copper Hawk - Heavy Armor

With the inclusion of the cybernetic set and the various little bits of extra armor it throws in, I decided to take a shot at updating Copper Hawk's heavier armor design. The big challenge was preserving all the color the original outfit has, while still keeping it convincingly 'copper' in color scheme. It's a bit rough, since a lot of the more delicate detail bits that can be included for color also tend to be smaller parts that don't show up well beneath armor. This was also combined with my insistence the armor doesn't include any cloth.

The parts of note used from the new set includes the hands, neck and collar, and the boots. The boots are probably going to show up everywhere for a while for me, they're currently my favorite boot with a kneepad included. Doesn't help that the design is curvy and detailed enough to fit both tech and fantasy designs.

Inspector Steel - King Steel

This is a rehash of an old outfit that Steel had for a while with the same theme. The old outfit was originally created pretty much right after the fantasy costume set was released over 5 years ago. The decision to remake it was since I really felt the outfit looked extremely janky by my standards today. Also yes the cybernetic boots show up here too.

There was a third outfit I wanted to show off but I looked over it and decided it'd need a little more work before I felt real ok with it. In the meantime, have this other WIP thing.

Nemesis Workshop - Vicarnage (Inquisitor Craig Nemesis)

"Many are satisfied to take the word of ministers and priests as the word of god; blind devotion and faith in the face of changing times. The rise of astronomy and space exploration begins to raise question as to the age and nature of not just this Earth, but the sun and moon that keep the world in balance, and the rest of the cosmos beyond our reach. People began to doubt the existence of outside forces - until the rise of heroes brought into question the nature of even our science we had begun to rely so callously upon.

That's why I took it into my own hands to begin my search for the truth. What is this world all about? What drives its people and its nature? How old is our planet, truly, and is it really alone in its strife? Know now that this will not be a journey for the weak. You will learn more than you could've possibly imagined within your enlightenment, but rest assured, it is a process that all of us must eventually face, and for it, we will all grow into something more.

So please, join me. Let us pull the curtain behind our existence ever further back, and find what we truly are. Let nothing and no one stand in your way, of your god-given right to expand your influence, and bless this world with this gift I have received from beyond."

• Options
    Carmilla VI - Huntress

A dark outfit partially inspired by a Widowmaker outfit. Initial drafts of the outfit made use of the Aristocrat coat, but ultimately the golden age one shone through in the end due to having a better chest design. Then the Cybernetic set busted in and blessed me with an individual waist cape I could just slap onto that coat to make up for the lack of coat tails naturally on that piece.

The last things to really be added on to the outfit were the shoulder/collar areas. With how stylized the frayed cybernetic cape is, I decided to kind of pair it with some similarly jagged pieces on the upper parts of the body to complete the look.

Mastiff - Nightmare

The opening of the Nightmare Event lead me to try my hand at designing a Qliphoth-themed outfit for this character. Mixing different costume parts to really nail that aesthetic is tough, since there really isn't that many options available for rough stone-looking pieces other than just purely stuff in the Qliphothic armor set.

Gargodon - Large Gargoyle

Experimentation with the Mechanical Monster head. When not in brushed/metal, it's actually a pretty good generic Dragon head. Maybe a bit 'artificial' looking, especially when using its ears, but in the case of a gargoyle, that really isn't a huge concern. Also was trying out different shoulder options to see what kind of different geometries I could put on the character, while keeping an architectural 'gothic' look. Part of me wanted to see how it'd look in a different material, such as complete bronze.

Apostate - Light Armor

A long while back I made a dark armor outfit for this character, which just left the bright red skin and green hair stand out. This sort of was a challenge to turn that color scheme on its head and draft up some colors that would compliment those two components instead of just kind of sitting darkly in the wayside. With the backstory of the character essentially being a demon trying to defy their destiny, I feel this sort of look actually suits the character a bit better than the black/red previous rendition.

Blate Ant - Ant Creature

This is another somewhat old costume, that was later embellished by new costume developments. Initially the big innovation on the outfit was the head, which is a darkened Frog head that uses its unique Ear Cap options for eyes, and (originally) used a bone jaw for mandibles. That was so long past, it was before the Tailor Category revision, and so after that, I could actually use real mandibles.

In addition to that, there was also the ability to throw in a fluffy tail for a more properly identifiable thorax (still want an actual insect thorax tail thx). The recent addition of bestial bone legs also made an appearance here, sort of in an attempt to create properly spindly insect legs. If there was an option for the feet to just be a single point or kind of segmented stick, that'd just work so well than the bony toes I got stuck with here.

Prototype - Robot Priest

Robot Priest initially was designed as a prospective alt for a possible Sorcery build of some sort. Possibly was Celestial? It was a while ago. What I do know is that this design eventually was developed into Ion Panther - A lot of the general body shape from this design got incorporated into Panther's build. The same general body, leg, and arm choices are essentially identical, while the head visibly goes for the same 'robot cyclops' motif.

Robopriest developed his color scheme through a bit of combination of small bits of cloth combined with thematically 'decorative' gold plating, instead of Panther's consistent blending of colors throughout the entire robot's body.

Sir Gadon VIII

So this is a bit of a throwback; the name and appearance of this character is based off of my nearly-decade-old SPORE aliens, Flaxians, who are basically huge horse knights. The color scheme used here goes for a similar 'muted' look that the original designs of the aliens went for, with a bit of branching out for the extra clothes/capes I could throw in since the creature creator could only handle like 2-3 colors throughout an entire creature.

I really wish I could use the bird armor headwear on other head options. I have a feeling it'd fit really well onto some of the other bestial heads. Unfortunately most of the face armor I tried putting on this guy's head didn't really fit, and if it did (insect plates were about the only thing that worked), it covered up the eyes from the front enough to make it look basically impossible for the character to see where they're going.

• Options
    yep, i know the frustration...i couldn't give my equine cowboy a hat because none of the cowboy-styled ones would fit, or they blinded him

the platemail fits really well though, and looks damn good on a horse​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Celosia - Battlemage Armor

A small modification to Celosia's glowing robe look after I realized that the Vikorin skirt now has glow channels. The general themes of most of these outfits will be scattered with various Cybernetic costume parts. In this case, it's the neck.

Aglareth - Tactical Uniform

Aglareth's schtick in general is that she's a fantasy elf mage, but in a modernized setting, and so makes use of advanced technology combined with the mythrils and dragonscale composites that such a realm would offer. Most of this outfit is in fact straight cybernetic choices, though with colorizations kind of offset to create different patterns. The lower body has an entirely different arrangement of colors for example, and combines that with a basic subligar using the armor plates pattern to give the outfit a different style.

Celine - Human Forms

As a shapeshifting moon spirit, Celine quickly learned that people probably wouldn't appreciate her weirder bestial default form she had adapted, so she can also become a sort of pale moon elf thing. A bit of weirdness from her normal form probably leaks through, definitely in the eyes. It's probably not a look she can sustain for long.

Xenophon - Holodress

Made for some sort of high-tech robot show or something, holodress is an experiment with some of the alternate material settings of that Cybernetic buttcape, combining it with other holo features to kind of make the illusion of sleeves and other clothing features. A previous draft of the outfit also made use of holo-hair, but I didn't quite like the look. Not that I like the rock hair option much better. Not a lot of great option for head-tech spikes avaliable.

Most of the decision to change the head design from her normal socrates-ish look was to kind of justify the usage of the Cybernetic head texture. With a helmet on, most of its features would be kind of covered up.

Amagiri - Samurai Armor

A pretty standard samurai-style armor. Was able to incorporate some of the swirly designs on mystic samurai armor with the steel wolf set on those chest tuft things. Looking at the outfit kind of makes me wish there was a beast greave that reached all the way down to the ankle.

Alt?? - Ruin Knight

All of the other costume experiments I've been trying out so far have been on female characters, so on a whim I tried seeing what I could do on a male character for some sort of alt? The concept behind this character is sort of a forlorn robot knight or lost creation that's searching for his owner. Lookwise, it's actually based off of much older costumes that had a very similar steampunk-knight aesthetic. Very old for that matter. The ways I attempted to expand on the look were to include some of the newer and more detailed costume parts (cyber cowboy helped a lot) and contrast the traditionally very brown/grey shades of the metal with green cloth.

The next powerset rehaul seems to be aiming for telekinesis, so this guy probably won't be the next char I run. The wrench is also a placeholder. I envisioned him using a flanged mace weapon (which doesn't exist in HW outside of an outrageous mech mace.)

• Options
    The Ruin Knight is great; I'd even say that, placeholder or no, the wrench fits the theme and gives the character a little quirk to him.

From previous posts: I really like the purple and gold with the blue on the robo priest, as well as Camilla's jacket + cyber belt combo. I think I may have to use that belt for something since I got it.

Apoplexy looks good, wish I could come up with a concept using the arcane tat ghost material I have. Inquisitor Craig is great with the muted browns, I just beat Bloodborne the other day. How is the HW + pistols working out?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    thanks
    sooperjoe said:

Inquisitor Craig is great with the muted browns, I just beat Bloodborne the other day. How is the HW + pistols working out?

It's not a bad combo, but there isn't much build overlap. It's mostly just a HW build that utilizes Burst Shot for defense debuff and Execution Shot for low-health enemies. It feels nice and chunky, but isn't anything outstanding in performance I'd say.

Inquisitor Craig - Judge Armor

Obviously this one takes a bit more late-medieval influence. Continuing this character's soulsborne influence, this armor originally was based strongly off of Garl Vinland/Velstadt, with some peppering of Executioner Alfred's palette. Originally experimented a bit with the Mechanon head detail, since it was the closest thing to that distinctive head-spade design but it didn't really look good so I just kind of ended up doing my own thing.

The head combo used there is Ironclad Helmet, Crusader Mask, Small Blindfold, and Plated Mohawk.

Alt??? - Dogmatic

It's a robot bulldog I managed to make after kind of blindly scanning through various head options. I just thought it turned out ok, not a real character concept or anything.

(alternate names include: K-9, Broubot, Bolto)

Heatnik the Edgehog

Heatnik the Edgehog is not your average edgehog, he is an extreme edgehog, explaining his ability to roll so fast he catches fire (but it doesnt hurt him) and utilize blades with maximum skill. He wields dual Keyblades that he borrowed from Roxas and Sora, his close friends, and uses them to defeat the robots of Eggman (not robotnik). He is best friends with Hank the Chog, a fellow swordsman and hero of taste.

original character donotua stael

uh

no comment

well ok I thought to myself after seeing the burning roll travel power "hm. Maybe the glow channel of the Cybernetic head could be used to make a weird mono-eye. Like sonic's I wonder" and then it turned out terribly.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    OK THEN moving on from whatever that was

Skulljaeger: Reimagining

Old Ver:

So inbetween the last time I touched this guy's outfit and now, there's been: a new hat created, the expansion of costume categories, way more shades of grey/beige included, and most of this guy's outfits breaking upon editing. So might as well take some shot at recreating them with some of the newer stuff.

With the new look, I tried branching out the color variety on the costume as well, especially with the neck piece - the original ruffles on there were to hide the unsightly and dumb-looking fleshy neckslice that can't be removed from the skeleton costume parts. Instead of ruffles (which looked way too prim and proper for a pirate) they got replaced with a shiny necklace, probably part of the terrible headhunting curse he's been afflicted with.

Celine: Ballshoulders/Lunar Queen

First was experimenting with the Futuristic shoulders and their neat material options. Ghost mat is cool, but what really struck me about the spheres was that they could potentially be made to, well, resemble the moon itself. That's where the gears began turning on how to make the next costume.

To really resemble some sort of moon, they'd need a silvery, pale glow - except on an entire outfit that's already silvery and pale, that'd probably look like crap, so I once again reimagined the palette of the character for essentially this fourth color variation. The orbs ended up being a light-brown/grey brushed metal material with dull glow. Looking at it now (and especially on the character select screen) I probably will want to ramp that glow level up further. I was also able to make use of the 'detailed' specular map as well, which was actually pretty nifty for giving the orbs kind of a dimpled (cratered?) appearance.

Concept?: Rags
    /

On my quest to try and figure out what next new character I'd want to use (mainly to test the TK rehaul), I first kind of wanted to explore some sort of cursed-doll concept using the heavy-hook hand option for some ragged, wrapped stubs, perhaps some straw packed in there. Also in the process I'd want to use a lot of stitched materials, but there's troublingly few real patchwork options for the upper body. Meanwhile the legs get a pretty wild and patchy stitched texture by default.

Rags here is less patchwork and more... Uh, weird ghost beast monster. Basically something that I'm pretty sure is in the kind of style Kaiserin does most of her characters. This probably won't be an alt until much later until I can convince the devs to make completely invisible feet possible I'm ready to craft up some kind of whatever bestial/infernal build.

Concept?: Crimson Huntsman

Any semblance this outfit has to a certain evil organization from a past game is not even close to coincidence. First thing I actually thought of when I saw that futuristic helmet - especially after changing it to an opaque material - was Arachnos. This guy's kind of a loose interpretation of the Arachnos psionics, the Mu guys. Only, he's pretty wildly different because most Mu were bound up in tons of straps that wouldn't allow them to walk and isn't exactly the sort of thing this game has any sort of options/animations for yet.

So a pretty ok candidate for a TK build? But not the most creative.

Concept?: Idol

Idol was less a real character concept and more an experiment on just what kind of effect I could achieve by piling on tons of Brushed Metal materials. Weirdly enough, there seems to be a pretty significant difference between the Brushed Metal on older costume parts and newer ones (cybernetic, alien, futuristic...) which can be seen slightly inbetween sections such as the psionic-dragon plates on the arms/legs and the underlying cybernetic body.

As the name would probably hint, Idol's basically an idol golem of sorts for some kind of ancient and advanced dead civilization. This one is probably flexible enough to fit the TK bill, but I'd say it's still too similar to Celine in terms of general body shape.

Concept?: GhostPunk

This one I wouldn't say is done yet, but it's probably the closest shot I got so far to a TK concept I like - basically a ghost teen who uses a ghostly blade. The outfit itself most likely would be paired with an appropriate aura to make the character fully translucent.

Still have to further iron out exactly why this person would be swordfighting with a ghost blade instead of basically anything else (screaming, for example - I've been looking for an excuse to try and see if Hyper Voice is worth anything), but the basis for something is there - particularly in color setup I'd say. What struck me the most was combining that bright-indigo highlight from parts such as hair (that totally aren't visible in that picture whoops), with a piercing green glow from the eyes. Will probably change significantly in the future.

• Options
    Couple new character attempts, now in 4k?!

Wight Girl

"Wight Girl was your ordinary, caucasian girl before she became what she is now - a fan of young adult fantasy novels with interests in fencing and drama, and of course a sweet tooth with a particular taste for latte. Unfortunately, her mortal life was cut short when she was ironically hit by a hearse, which happened to be carrying a fallen hero and his ancestral sword. Said sword just happened to stab the already probably dead Wight Girl in the face, which then fused with her spirit and promptly caused her to arise as a ghost. Now, capable of coalescing her essence into a physical form, alongside thousands of other sharp objects, Wight Girl fights as a regular teenage wraith."

The final product of the GhostPunk concept in the last post. Eventualy I honed it in real tight on the purple/green contrast, and threw in a ghostly aura for good measure. This character ended up reusing a few tricks that were utilized on my skeleton pirate for showing bony limbs through regular clothing. In the last screenshot (the outfit with a coat) I attempted to do the same for the upper body, but the skeleton there didn't seem to want to show through besides the chest.

In any case, the build she uses is a pretty standard melee TK blades setup, with some extra emphasis on siphoning strikes to offset otherwise terrible defense - which makes sense for a soul-eating ghost.

Bombshell (tentative title)

"Bombshell used to be a janitor for UNTIL, located in a forward base within Libya. Unfortunately, through some shady circumstances, Bombshell was kidnapped by the local forces and was cajoled into disarming mines. By luck, though, Bombshell was able to convince his captors to give him a day to gather supplies to assemble a bomb disposal suit.

Bombshell was quick to discover that he had a knack for this suit design, as his creation, which he dubbed the Testudo, was able to detonate and withstand the leftover mines with barely a scratch. After Bombshell escaped back to Switzeland, his home, with his armor (which the soldiers tried to steal), Bombshell patented the Testudo suit, and began selling mass-produced versions, becoming a billionaire. The exhiliration and feel that he got from personally detonating mines, however, was something he couldn't leave behind. Bombshell eventually would refine his design into a padded juggernaut, and would start weaponizing explosives to serve his own ends."

Bombshell is a character where I'm pretty well set for the build, but am still sort of ironing out the look and name (actually kind of regret not naming him Testudo, but Bomshell is more of a pun/indicative of what he does, despite being unfortunately feminine!) The plan is to make him a melee tank that utilizes Mini-Mines, now that it's capable of some impressive damage. In turn, he'll combine that with some grenades for support and probably heavy weapons attacks (yes I know again) with invisible weaponry.

The big thing that concerns me with the look is the colors since I chose them while half awake. That aside, I'd like to think the theming and design behind the costume is pretty solid, as it's meant to strongly resemble a bomb-disposal suit (obviously) mixed with a turtle. The character's bulky, but not very imposing in build, which is mainly what that third shot shows off - he's pretty modest in size!

• Options
    Wight Girl's skeleton underneath the ghostly outline is amazing, wish I'd thought of it. I like the use of the sword pack, too. I like Bombshell too. What other colors were you considering?
  • Options
    prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    I'm digging both Wight and Bombshell.
    I like Bombshelly's colors. Combined with his look it reminds me of a grenade.
  • Options
    thanks for the feedback
    sooperjoe said:

Wight Girl's skeleton underneath the ghostly outline is amazing, wish I'd thought of it. I like the use of the sword pack, too. I like Bombshell too. What other colors were you considering?

Similar colors, but just like more cleaned up. I'm not sure if the black should stay or be turned into a very dark brown/beige. One thing I was considering was coloring parts of the chest armor and loincloth a pale yellow to sort of resemble a tortoise, but I think that might be going too far.

I do want to try and iron out some of the part choices as well, since at a glance it sort of looks like nothing matches. Probably would try and start on the head design on that front...

• Options
    Chisoku - Sentai Mask

If you've ever seen Power Rangers and their helmet design (usually flat colored mostly, but with a black visor, and a human-like silver mouthplate), that's kind of the look I'm going for on this outfit. Not sure I did great; still wish that sort of mask was a normal option of some sort. The mouth part also looks signficantly more silvery in certain environments, such as the character select screen, setting it apart from the bits of white on the rest of the outfit.

Wight Girl - Armor and Goth outfits

The outfits here mostly were experiments to see how else I could utilize the ghost-aura effect for layered costumes - much more so on the armor than the goth dress. I'm a bit confused, but from what I've seen, costume parts that have a reverse-poly do not allow skeleton to show through (i.e. if a costume part such as a boot can be seen properly inside if the leg is missing, versus the inside just appearing invisible). And there isn't exactly an easy way to tell if that's the case for some costume parts. Was actually a bit surprised to see that the Amazon armor was one of the parts optimized in that way!

also yeah amazon armor i'm still trying to figure out neat ways to use the alien stuff...

Celine - Alternate Helm Design?

Using the Amazon helmet, this design ended up making her look like a weird cross between Golbez and Metaknight.

Laserlord Gorff - New Parts

Finally I realized that those huge antennae do have some kind of use as eyes. Though the angle is still weird. It was a good thing I could figure out a replacement for the top-tooth item that Gorff had as well, using the Wild Dogz hair instead of the top spike. His robes also got a bit of a higher-tech globe necklace thing.

LifeForm - Heavier

A tankier sort of design for LifeForm's bio-armor. Drops some of the spikier traits of the default outfit in exchange for more rounded plates and a generally bulkier design. This one was actually in the works for a while as I tried to figure out how to proportion the design properly to better balance the upper body with the big lower body.

• Options
    Celine - Alternate Helm Design?
    KM9zHrZ.png
    Using the Amazon helmet, this design ended up making her look like a weird cross between Golbez and Metaknight.
    Is it intentional that the Helmet looks like an angry Rooster with an purple comb? :U​​
  • Options
    avianos said:

Is it intentional that the Helmet looks like an angry Rooster with an purple comb? :U​​

It's more like "I really wanted horns or the amazon accessory or something on the helmet but the Psionic Dragon top accessory was taking up the slot so might as well try and improvise by using a hair piece I guess".

• Options
    Time for a few more things, as I prepare for hurricane downpours in a city that doesn't know how to drain water or supply electricity.

Halberd - Exosuit Armor

Utilizing the new Gladiator Helmet dome thing. I'm bummed out that it doesn't have any really good head accessories it can combine with. Except maybe other bubble helmets maybe, but that usually ends up looking super-redundant. That aside, it's pretty ok for a techy look I guess!

Bombshell - V1 armor

While not an older outfit in reality, this is basically how the first draft of Bombshell's armor would've looked like back in Libya, which is to say a lot more traditional bombsuit in style.

Inspector Steel - Dark Vigilante

Uses a small set of High Noon unlocks to get this look, the first thing I thought of when I saw that steampunk hat was Darkwing Duck, which probably explains the color choice on this outfit. The minigun hand finally enables me to make Steel look kind of a bit closer to his intended design (since each of his fingers is supposed to be a gun barrel). Still looks weird when he punches though.

Inspector Steel - Cowboy Steambot

An adaptation of an extremely old outfit that had a more dandy aesthetic (it had briches and a bowler hat), it keeps the basic colors in place but combines it with some newer cyber cowboy pieces to get a weird steampunk look. Probably the most drastic change was the head design, which used to be a pretty standard robot head; now it's a toy soldier head with goggles, since I just wanted a sort of minimally-defined dome as a head.

Wight Girl - World Explorer

While that Steampunk Hat influenced a Darkwing Duck look on Steel, it ended up influencing a Carmen Sandiego look on this one instead, and also branching the color palette a bit more out from just indigo and lime green.

Paladin - Light Vicar Armor

The first place I was finally able to figure out a use for the Amazon chestplate in a way I liked, mainly because of the coloring. I found it had a neat bottom/top division to it, so I ended up using it here to kind of make a 'shawl' like appearance on this suit of armor. That aside, it's got a lot of banded armor patterns and looks pretty lightweight.

Ray Tracie - Munibot Mimic

Another really old concept I decided to revisit on a whim, I was bamboozled for the longest time on how the munibot head was constructed until I took a real close look at it. Prior to this, the outfit just used a cyberlord head, but now I got the proportions and pieces down mostly to get this character to practically match her minions.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Somehow I survived.

Inspector Steel - Diesel Bot

Modernized adaptation of the Cowboy Steambot, this takes on more of an Art-Deco look, probably most likely due to the Armored Mohawk. The bot design was a bit too bulky to wear clothing on the upper-half, so it kind of got a flagpole thrown in there for good measure.

Inspector Steel - Police Mech

While I was at it, I decided I might as well use the same general body form to update the Inspector's heavy-duty police body. This is one costume I wish that the DJ Madbot siren was available as a general top-accessory for.

Redeye - Rave Outfit

It's in this character's nature to party, basically, so this was the first character I tried using some of the parts on. Also, at the time, I didn't have all the stuff unlocked, so it was mostly just hand/leg pieces and the shirts. Decided to use the arm vials for some glowsticks as well.

Short-Circuit

Despite the look, Short-Circuit isn't a robot, but rather a sentient computer virus. She initially started by possessing a microwave oven (that ended up being her head) and proceeded to collect and meld more electronics to her to form a body. The end result is a hefty, welded, and heavily-modified junkbot of sorts that utilizes an extreme magnetic field to both hold herself together, and generate electric shocks.

Experiments in cubical character geometry, using that new TV head unlock. It's a shame it wasn't slightly smaller, as that probably would've made it a cooler piece to clip stuff through and come up with something crazy. That said, kind of pleased as to how the combined glowing Armored Mohawk and TV head ended up looking.
    The name of the character is non-descript enough that I probably will end up transforming the look entirely in the future. Her original head made use of hammer helmets for a somewhat similar look, and I even deliberated doing some kind of shocking slime-creature design, except for the fact that using too much ghost material doesn't look great when the seams become visible.

Lady Anubis - Mummified Form

Very old and extremely simple costume that got some new life from the Rave costume parts. The arms were bandaged up further thanks to the slit-sleeve parts. The original costume was also so old, it was back when Foot Accessories didn't exist, so I couldn't wear greaves with leg bandages.

Bluhman - Rave Outfit...???

At the behest of a friend I suffered through Major/Minor which was boring, had extremely bullcrap plot holes, every male character was androgynous and had glowing fur tattoos and had hilariously overwrought sad generic backstories while the player gets almost no insight with any of the oversexualized female characters, there's like no choices that actually matter because the entire game is told in this ridiculous third-person omniscient perspective that immediately reveals all plot twists like right after something happens. Its awful and I don't know why it still has high-rated steam reviews and lastly it has poisoned my brain because I can't look at the rave costume parts anymore and not think about those stupid character designs lakshdtoaiwl;ehrtakj

• Options
    Short Circuit looks great, and so does Lady Anubis' mummy wrappings. Further back, I also like Lifeform's heavier look. I noticed Steel has quite a few costumes thanks to all the new parts coming out.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Tonights update theme is Furry and Female Characters. I blame the Party Animal set.

Short-Circuit - Semiconductor Fluid

This series of outfits were generally pursuing the same final goal; basically representing Short-Circuit as less of a strict 'robot' character and more of a water-based entity wielding machinery. The head design went through a bit of iterations with me trying to decide whether I wanted the eyes to be dark or light, and a sliding scale of just how much or how little I wanted to detail the torso area. I eventually went pretty minimalistic by the end.

Big reason why I also considered doing it was since many of the new hairstyles came in matching ghost materials, so they could add a bit more interesting shape to the head than just a plain dome.

Wight Girl - Fall Style

A big perk of the Rave outfit parts is that so many of them are chest/clothing slot items instead of just torso settings, so this gives me the opportunity to hide plenty of skeletons underneath them. As a result, when the ghostly aura's in effect, you can see them bones nice and clear.

Dunno why it doesn't include the arms, though.

Lady Anubis - Casual Outfit

For when she can't use her human form/needs to hide her identity, but still wants to relax. Plenty of rave parts helped out here. Earlier drafts of the outfit tried making use of the casual hoodie, but it didn't work great. Wish there was a better way to tie sleeves into that thing. Or hide those stripes.

By the way, as it so happens the small sort of cutout pattern in the lower back of that hoodie actually makes a pretty good slot for some tail models to go in.

Blossa Den Fule - Pure Dragon Form

Dragon head from the Party Animal set works pretty well for this design. There was a bit of a paradigm shift from the old design of course - lost the jewelry bits in favor of more severe scales. I guess I'll just say they maybe came to terms that they're a big ol dragon instead of something meant to be pretty and beautiful.

There was an attempt to make the fin on the head kind of continue all the way down the back and tail, but there weren't really good back-fin items I could use at the same time as dragon wings. Clearly some kind of new finned-dragon-wing back part or something is needed.

Rene

"Rene is the subject of an ancient, nigh-forgotten folktale: in Luxembourg, a piper told of his ability to control where animals went by using his flute. He and his dog would head from town to town to try and solve problems with various pests causing trouble. In one fateful encounter in the forest, however, the piper's dog was accidentally lured into a bear trap by the piper's own music, and in a rage, defied her master and ended up mauling the piper and stealing his pipe.

Turns out the folktale was real, and the pipe was imbued with unfathomable magical energy, which ended up both transforming the dog into a sentient being and warping them several centuries into the future. Now struggling to use everything she knew from her time in the past, she is determined to prove herself a master hunstman."

So like all of the head models in the Party Animal set are supposed to be different animals and stuff. But honestly, they're all interchangeable depending on what ears and other stuff you use. Rene's supposed to be some kind of dog/wolf thing, but she's using a Kangaroo head with toy dog ears. From a glance I didn't even realize that stuff like the Fruit Bat head were supposed to be... well, a fruit bat.

So accuracy aside, this set's stupid flexible for creating any variety of ridiculous furry you want. Coming up for an actual outfit for this character was tough, since I wanted to stick mainly to parts that'd fit over a base body and preserve stuff like fur-coloring patterns. As a result, there's like a ton of clipping on this character's outfit and I'm not entirely happy with it. I do like the base I came up with though, as well as the hair combination (sleek ear tuck, I think it was, combined with Goat Bangs.)

Build wise this thing's supposed to end up going for an Archery Controller set, so lots of taser-arrowing and holds for cosmic stuff. But until then, it's gonna be weird grenade-lobbing and arrow shooting.

Misc - Pony Head Experiment

As I said above, the Party Animal set is overall pretty.. Abstract. This includes the Lizard Head, which I've heard people suggest for using for things that are very much not lizards, such as dolphin characters. In this example, though, I tried making a combination of parts that'd maybe resemble a cartoon pony head.

The base head structure used here is a "Lizard Thin" head combined with some "Pitbull Ears". Scaling on the head size usually should have almost no depth, and be somewhat thin. After that, choose a couple of hairstyles to slap on the head to make a mane, and you'll hopefully be set. Hyena hair options tend to work well here, but it requires a lot of experimentation to see what works and what doesn't. Most of the old hairstyles clip too much on the sides to look convincingly 'mane' like.

But if you're a brony or whatever, totally feel free to use this head structure and see what you can come up with. I'm not planning on trying to actually create a serious character based off of this technique any time soon.

• Options
    Nice to see you are find creativity with party animals packs, indeed you cannot tell what animal Rene is, she looks like a fantasy beast

Honestly this set has provided more flexibility beyond being another cartoon animal pack, allowing you to mix heads with ears and creating complety fantasy beasts (i do wish the first Animal pack was updated to have seperate ears as well)

It also provides some very funky Anime hairstyles and animal features which im sure Golden/Silver age animal themed heroes can take advantage of, so its really 3 in 1, I really hope DEVs will do more costume stuff like that, the flexibility is amazing, it encourage players to buy the set because of those

Pony combo is GENIUS, I was the first to mention the lizard head can be used for Dolphins but this here is a creative use of it

Honestly... the mouse heads makes better Bat than the Fruit bat one (which looks just like another wolf head but with anime eyes)

another thing which was mentioned, you can use the Pitbull head to make... Boswer, amusing isn't it? I'm holding myself the Raccoon head to make my Chesnaught character (closest thing since we didnt get a Squirel head...)

so yeah, really happy with the pack myself... now I just need to buy it​​
  • Options
    Yeah, main reason I even considered getting the set was because of how loaded up it was with hairs. Finding animal abominations to make with it was just a bonus.

With october coming up, it's time for me to try and undertake yet another round of making homage outfits for all my characters. But at this point of time, I'm going to just leave people guessing to what they're supposed to be.

HALLOWEEN DUMP - PAGE 1 ALTS

Chisoku

Lady Anubis

Inspector Steel

Whitehammer

Tri-Emerald

Michael Sanders

Bluhman

Dr. Voltsz

Idaten

Quarterlife

Avalon

Barbara Blaster

Scout

• Options
    Getting ready for Halloween already huh? :P
    So Kangaroo head can be used for Lucario after all, How amusing
    I noticed this while revamping my Badger​​
  • Options
    Great stuff as always, Bluh. Quick question, which aura are you using on Wight Girl to get that see through effect? My ghost pirate would look great like that.
  • Options

Great stuff as always, Bluh. Quick question, which aura are you using on Wight Girl to get that see through effect? My ghost pirate would look great like that.

It's the Spectral Aura. Thankfully it's one of the auras that'll be available in the upcoming bloodmoon.

• Options
    Awesome and thanks for the quick reply.
  • Options
    It's time to move on. Actually I think I'll post who they are at the end of October. Since I believe most of these should actually be pretty easy to get... If I'm doing these well enough I mean.

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 2

-N-

Flame-Stag

Copper Hawk

The Gourmand

Archon

Ray Tracie

Mark Marotte

Star Soldier

Megadrive (as of now, this one was the hardest to do BY FAR)

Sawtooth

Carmilla VI

Impasto (aka I knew I got that party crown for a reason)

Dr. Montblanc

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Guess I should fess up in that the Spoiler Tag doesn't optimize image loading at all. So to actually take the load off of loading up a page of this thread so that your whole internet bandwidth isn't eaten up by 380 images, I'll link to Imgur albums from now on.

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 1

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 2

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 3

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 4

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 5

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 6

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 7

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 8

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 9

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 10

HALLOWEEN HOMAGES: PAGE 11
    Post edited by bluhman on

• Options
    Whew. I finally got all of my alts done up in fancy cosplay costumes. Check that organized list of links above to see the albums for each page of my characters.

• Options
    No Sci Fi device bracer on Sally there? :)
  • Options
    Killer Queen has finally been realized. I am glad.

Next year I will have to try my hand at some Halloween homages.
  • Options
    Small update:

Draugr: Basic Look

A small adjustment of Draugr's look, erring more towards authenticity? Viking war helms didn't have horns mounted on them, so I tried out a smoother look for this outfit.

Ranky

An unfinished alt character I made a design for, but dropped since the build basically was just going to be heavy-weapons. Maybe if I found out some way to combine it with gadgeteering or something. But yeah, basic premise is that this is a looney cartoon character, it would've used the mallet skin for its attacks.

Alternator

And this is the actual next alt that got made, a Fire/Electric support build that uses circuits and electrical siphon to heal people in huge bursts while throwing fireballs. His design is supposed to be based off of a sportscar.

The Silent Knight

My entry into the Dev Winter Costume Contest, it ended up winning an Honorable Mention, despite the fact I had to leave early (major apologies!) I wanted to capture the Christmas spirit in a way that was more subtle than straight-up red-green color scheme. Original drafts of the costume didn't have the green highlights I used for gem parts of the outfit, and would've relied almost completely on a red furred cloak for its color. Funny I wanted to try and go for something more tactful and then just ended up with a goofy pun for a name.

The early departure means it probably won't show up in any of the costume contest albums that the devs post, so this'll be the one shot I'll save for this outfit.

(people who pay too much attention to my costume-creating escapades will probably notice some similarities to my Angel-Knight outfit...)

• Options
    small update:

Luminaire

"Unyielding warrior of the sun, Luminaire was summoned by a disturbance on the lunar surface - an imbalance in the cosmic forces, that called forth this figure. He has heeded the call of the Malvans, who had previously been attacked and threatened by the power of the moon spirit, Celine, and has been asked by them to chase her down and bring her to justice. Now, he has arrived on Earth's surface and fights against unholy creatures of darkness ceaselessly, keeping his main target in mind.

Though his goal puts him at odds with Celine, who is a heroine herself, he also considers himself a guardian of humanity. Though well-intentioned, he is a bit clumsy, and has caused some significant damage with his powers in past fights."

Another alt utilizing the Solar Cleric build I drafted up a while back. So far it's proven to be a really good healing/tank build, even grabs aggro pretty reliably without resorting to Challenge.

The top image is a prototype outfit for the character, while the lower ones are his current appearance and a side-by-side comparison shot between him and Celine. The blind-visor look is neat, but as far as I'm concerned not quite as stylistically congruent with what Celine has with her visor. Many of the changes were to make them slightly more congruent in traits such as size, armoring, style - while Celine has both a cape and loincloth, Luminaire has loincloth and skirt, and then substitutes out a lot of the upper-armor bulkiness with that big solar disc thing behind him (which I wish came in a fire material). He also uses Phoenix flight, so that disc morphs into wings whenever he's traveling.

Facade - Carny Variant

The inclusion of the Blazing skirt made it possible to give this character a more contigous coat than before, instead of having to use the draped cloth option for the umpteenth time. The trailing tassels on that skirt, as well as the striped mask (probably my favorite mask if Luminare wasn't an indication) gives him a bit of a diamond motif. His color scheme here uses a more 'carny ringleader' sort of scheme, and also has a completely different hairstyle to generally trend this outfit less towards the 'moody, dark' style this character's otherwise had in the past.

Weird Unfinished Alt - Ruby

There was a base character I made using some combined hair and the Ice Eye accessory, which I tried tooling around to create multiple variants of character on. One of the results was this, basically a left-hand world version of Sapphire. Neat, but I still don't think the colorscheme ended up great (I kind of hate the red-spectrum range of colors the palette has and how restrictive it is) and obviously I had no idea how to make the build interesting - It'd just be force, or some strange non-thematic attempt at sonic damage, and while the latter is interesting it also would look very strange, whipping out bows and sonic blasters rapidly.

Strider Syreni

No backstory yet since I'm not even sure if I'll keep her around, but this is basically some kind of fantasy-elven boomerang build. Since there's no ranged applicators of shred, she also uses some dual-knives at times for the express purpose of applying the debuff.

As you could probably tell this uses the same base that I came up with for Ruby. Theme I was going for with the outfit itself was "lightly-armored, swift fantasy warrior". A big component of the outfit obviously was the boots, supposed to be enchanted greaves of some sort. It also just happened that the idea coincided with the tights set coming out today, so hey might as well try out the patterns included in there. If only there was dual-material options for them - the selections of cloth/leather/metal/leather+metal on this outfit is kind of a nightmare.

• Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Weird Unfinished Alt - Ruby

There was a base character I made using some combined hair and the Ice Eye accessory, which I tried tooling around to create multiple variants of character on. One of the results was this, basically a left-hand world version of Sapphire. Neat, but I still don't think the colorscheme ended up great (I kind of hate the red-spectrum range of colors the palette has and how restrictive it is) and obviously I had no idea how to make the build interesting - It'd just be force, or some strange non-thematic attempt at sonic damage, and while the latter is interesting it also would look very strange, whipping out bows and sonic blasters rapidly.
    Arguably, I'd suggest heavy weapons with the guitar skin for the build, plus some sort of thematic embellishments for the additional powers. I also think the admittedly stark contrast works well as a counterpart to Sapphire's colors.
    bluhman said:

As you could probably tell this uses the same base that I came up with for Ruby.

Out of curiosity, what are the settings for those body proportions?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    edited January 2018

This is the base I developed and made some outfits/concepts around; the template I used for both Ruby and Strider Syrene (and 1 other character that wasn't too interesting). It has most of the proportions, though things changed here and there once the costumes were made (almost invariably the chest ended up wider than it started.) Lemme know if importing works for it.

The prospective build I had going for Ruby did include Rock Concert but otherwise wasn't very Heavy-Weapons based at all. I think I'd need a break before doing another HW build as well since Luminaire is also HW (+fire and also turning out to be really fun to play)

• Options
    bluhman said:

Lemme know if importing works for it.

Yeah, it's working perfectly fine.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    Chisoku - Alternate Updated Version

I've wanted to give Chisoku a wardrobe update for a while, and with the Unarmed powerset update this seemed to be a logical time as any to try and do a bit of a makeover. Past versions of an attempt at this outfit changed the palette significantly (the blue parts were teal, the red parts were blue, and the visor was red. It looked kind of gross tbh) so this version sticks a bit closer to the default color scheme he has had for a while. Overall it keeps the same core outfit but generally adds a few more components to better fit the tokusatsu tropes, such as power belt, kamen-rider styled mask, so forth.

Idaten - Updated Ninja Outfit

These Oni Pants, they're exactly the kind of pants ninja/samurai/monk characters needed, they are by far my favorite new parts of the Oni set (aside from shorts, but similar thing) and the ones I was the most excited to use. I just wish I could get similar puffy-sleeve arm accessories to match them. I just want a cloth-part set in general honestly with stuff like cloth-wrap shoulderpads and individual sleeve arm-accessories, a better tunic, a poncho... You probably get what I'm saying and none of this actually has anything to do with the outfit anymore!

Strider Syreni - Baggypants

Similar to her default outfit, but with poofier pants. Of note is how well the amazon lower-back/tail part melds with the persian belt! Well, aside from texture.

Penumbra

"Terry Chalmers, only 9 years of age, was just like any other child, including his fear of the dark. Unlike other children though he sought to try and overcome his fear. Looking up a guide on the internet, he accidentally performed a demonic ritual that fused his body with the shadows, permanently transforming him into the horrific Penumbra. Though terrifying and capable of regenerating and melting into the ground as a hidden shade, he still has his mind and has spent the following 5 years maturing and becoming a protector."
    So it's a grimdark edgy shadow monster (entire base body of the character is made of the Shadow material, with only the face being an exception - that's a cloth Alien mask). One main clause of the character was to avoid using any kind of armor piece - nothing metal, and nothing that looked remotely hard or smooth. Uh it was kind of tough as you can probably tell. Not many intact cloth pieces that would really show off the character's build or shape that well.

For all the alts I have I realized that I only had a single Shadow-build character (Lady Anubis) and now I think I know why because damn this powerset does crappy damage until it gets Ebon Ruin. It's further exacerbated by the fact that this is also a tank spec, so no benefit of Offense-passive for extra damage. Thinking of maybe tying in Unarmed to the build, but I got no idea how to do that as the usual culprits that would've worked for one in the past (Open Palm Strike) aren't really great candidates for the synergy anymore. Might be worth investigating though, devoid+chi flame debuff might be powerful enough to make up for the random unsynergized crushing damage added on.

Failed Alt - Gyudon

this is my dragonball z original character, he'd be might/unarmed obviously. I decided against that cause I felt there's probably enough sayians running around as is, and there isn't much room to make this guy look unique without completely losing the dbz theme altogether. Uh, I kind of like the hair combo I made? I dunno, Spiked Long is too super sayiany and since he'd be leveling up he obviously wouldn't be starting with that kind of power level.

• Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Deleted comment.

Found my answer. Great work on the costumes.
  • Options
    bluhman said:

Failed Alt - Gyudon

this is my dragonball z original character, he'd be might/unarmed obviously. I decided against that cause I felt there's probably enough sayians running around as is, and there isn't much room to make this guy look unique without completely losing the dbz theme altogether. Uh, I kind of like the hair combo I made? I dunno, Spiked Long is too super sayiany and since he'd be leveling up he obviously wouldn't be starting with that kind of power level.
    See, I think he actually works pretty well. It looks like he fits into DBZ or a similar setting without being a direct knockoff of a specific character. Thus, he looks like he could fit outside of that setting.

-Sterga
  • Options
    i cant sleep have some stuff i have made over the past 2 months that i don't hate.

Penumbra - Bright Wraps

Putting at odds with his edgelord beast design, highlighting the fact the character is in fact just a teenage boy that got wrapped up in some kind of evil magic crap. I ended up going with this really bright, jester-like look since it's the character's decision - and when you're a 7-foot tall shadow monster, there isn't exactly a lot of people that would willingly judge those kinds of choices!

Unused Alt - Muscle Wizard

A MA-build concept that went through several drafts, this one was actually the first and the one I ended up liking the most simply because it didn't stray too far from the idea of 'wizard', whereas later versions removed stuff like sleeves and ended up just making him look more like a buff old monk. Dropped it since one of my other alts already was a powerful punching-wizard warlord.

Slamethyst

"A former pro-wrestler from the 70s named 'Slammer', Monique Getto was far past her prime when she was fatally injured in a car crash, away from her retirement home in Arizona. Lost deep in the desert, a cosmic gem of life found its way to her as she bled out, and fused with her body, not only curing her injury, but rejuvinating Monique, reversing 40 long years of aging. She used her newfound youth to rejoin the wrestling circuit, incorporating the gem into her outfit as 'Slamethyst'. Though, quickly she found out that many of the contenders in the ring simply weren't a match for her, so she turned to the world outside the ring to show off her skills, and to make a real difference in her hometown and the rest of the country."

This was the final MA concept I ended up going with. Blame the gemstone costume set. It was meant to be a MA/Might mix, but honestly looking at the whole powerset setup, there was almost no reason to ever use Might attacks at most junctions - stacking enrage? Inexorable Tides is much faster and more controllable than most Might knocks. Demolish application? In most cases MA does it faster and has access to abilities that can refresh it. Actual attacks? Well, Might is kind of trash for AoE and by this point I'm not sure the extra burst damage on haymaker is worth losing out on chi-flame triggering energy unlock, esp. considering that both Open Palm Strike and Dragon Uppercut are both really good attacks with knock. basically might really needs attention at this point.

I settled on the theme of lady wrestler early on for whatever reason when I started coming up with this specific design. Older versions used the Onislayer ponytail - which actually really sucks for the MA powerset because the giant ponytail clips through the torso all the time whenever the character is running forward with athletics.

Blueprint Man - Modernized Makeover

A reimagining of this Megaman-inspired character. For the most part the big changes were making the eyes and hands look slightly more faithful to source material. Probably the biggest single change was taking advantage of the Blazing torso pattern, switching out the cyberpunk torso for something that can match the legs a bit better.

Blossa Den Fule - Black Dragon Redesign

Settling more into the shape of the Dragon animal head, I thought it was about time I combined the shape of the old juryrigged one (basically a weirdly-shaped human head with a jack fool mask) and the current design, streamlining it better, and also picking a new color scheme in the process. In this case the orange underbelly got subbed out with some blue. The ground-up remake also gave me an opportunity to rescale some of the proportions on the character. Still wish there was some way to get more of a belly on characters. This version is also shorter than previous ones - because of how height works she has had really gigantic stilt-legs for a while.

Short Circuit - Needle Legs

Yeah I finally put those needly legs on something. This version also screws around a bit with the torso design. I wish less chest pieces on females had noticeable boobs. Sizing does not usually work well on many, if any, of the chest parts.

If you're part of the Champions Discord you might catch some other weird stuff I do at times.

• Options
    zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Just wondering if this post would be updated again soon, as it's been over 5 months since your last post.