What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Silver Age Sentinels!

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mara072195 wrote:
    This sounds like my kind of group. I'll fill out that membership form soon.

I'll have my eye out for it!
    edited February 2012
    I posted an application in your forums. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.:)
    edited February 2012
    noclue4u wrote:
    I posted an application in your forums. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.:)

Saw it and added you to my friends list, have an eye out for you!
    edited March 2012
    Swinging by to give the Silver Age Sentinels a friendly bump :)
    edited April 2012
    Watch this space.

Something interesting is coming.
    edited April 2012
    Sentinels, Strike!

Courtesy of the amazing Dorwaystudios.
    edited May 2012
    Hi there, I put in an application a few days ago. Just waiting to hear back from you fine people:)
    edited May 2012
    Wow. the Young Sentinels do look interesting for a few of my younger toons. It's tough finding a good teen titans/new warriors team that lasts more than one week.
    edited May 2012
    Hi there, I put in an application a few days ago. Just waiting to hear back from you fine people:)

Yep, /friended you yesterday, interviewed you today. Welcome aboard!
    TysonRuhl wrote:
    Wow. the Young Sentinels do look interesting for a few of my younger toons. It's tough finding a good teen titans/new warriors team that lasts more than one week.

We've been a live team since beta, and the Young Sentinels sub-team has been active since January '10, so over two years now. Drop in your application on our site!
    edited May 2012
    Rune wrote:
    Yep, /friended you yesterday, interviewed you today. Welcome aboard!

We've been a live team since beta, and the Young Sentinels sub-team has been active since January '10, so over two years now. Drop in your application on our site!

Okay. I'm just shy, and wanted to let you know that I was interested. (I dont know why I don't just go and drop an application. Guess I felt like I needed permission.Gotta work on that and have more boldness. And I find more emotional hotheads more appealing as characters. go fig.)

I'll go look into it at another time, after I've rested. Thanks
    edited May 2012
    Yay! Swashbuckler is now a member of the Silver Age Sentinels:)

Hudson Wallace was a movie stunt man who wanted to be a star, craving both the thrills of his own work and the acclaim afforded the actual actors. Hearing of the debut and early adventures of The Black Owl and The Minuteman, Hudson hit upon a plan: he would invent a costumed identity for himself, pit his own skills against criminals, and at the height of his popularity reveal himself, thereby riding the wave of publicity to starring roles instead of stunt work.

Thus was born Swashbuckler, whose light-hearted attitude and cavalier, movie-hero style captures the hearts of romantic Milleniumites. Wallace originally considered his crime fighting career a lark, an extended publicity stunt. But as time goes by, he finds himself loving it more for its own sake. He has become addicted to the rush of life-and-death situations, and satisfied by the acclaim given a real-life hero that no mere movie star could ever win.

Swashbuckler is first and foremost an entertainer, taking his cues from old swashbuckling adventure movies, and actors like Douglas Fairbanks and Errol Flynn. He plays to the crowds and basks in attention and public acclaim. He loves drama and always does everything in the most stylish manner possible. He is an adrenaline junkie, craving the rush and excitement of crime fighting.
    edited May 2012
    Yay! Swashbuckler is now a member of the Silver Age Sentinels:)

Welcome aboard!

You missed his great quote though!

"I like the light that only night produces... The beauty of street lamp tungsten and flickering neon. I use it for drama. As you use the shadows, you old showman, you." ~Swashbuckler to Nighthawk of The Champions
    edited May 2012
    You're right, I should have included it.:)
    edited May 2012
    It's been some time since I've updated, and this update will only cover a few of the most recent new additions to our illustrious ranks!

@baryogenesis

@tvaan

@greypaladin

@milleniumguardian

@Ska*****Bag

@slash_8c

@projectHero

@Redisdrunk1

@Absonus-Noctis

@Uclacut76

@Metatyper

@ZX-Omega

Thanks again one and all for helping us create the finest Light role-playing guild in Champions Online!
    edited June 2012
    Bumpitty bump:)
    edited June 2012
    I want to find a C.O.R.P. Supergroup that is based directly out of UNITY building and interact directly with UNITY threats.
    edited June 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    I want to find a C.O.R.P. Supergroup that is based directly out of UNITY building and interact directly with UNITY threats.

Huh. Interesting idea, but it won't be us. Globe and the Sentinels and all their allies are based out of the Artemis Aero-carrier, typically found over the River between Millennium City and Windsor, often represented by us in game as the A.C.I. Blimp.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    New visibility bump for this recruitment thread to let refugees from NCSofts evil regime know that there is a home for light to medium Role-playing in the Silver and Bronze ages of comics styles!

We're not just here to recruit though..

I am announcing an initiative to help City of Super groups that wish to reassemble here by offering our support in you getting set up over here, as allies in the fight for justice!
    edited December 2012
    Final bump on this old thread, with a link here to our new one.

Mods may feel free to lock this older one, which is past the one month expiration date on thread necromancy. I'm cool with a restart since I can't edit the original post in this thread any longer after the forum migration.
    edited May 2013
    Just a reminder that this super group is one of the oldest and most viewed threads for an RP guild in Champions, even though I essentially archived it months ago in favor of our newer thread, post Forum Migration.

Check us out there, and never forget we're still the finest [if possibly the only] Light Role-playing Guild in Champions Online!
  • perennialjourneyperennialjourney Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just realized the name is a reference to a tabletop RPG.
    edited May 2013
    I just realized the name is a reference to a tabletop RPG.

Indeed! :biggrin:

Sadly, Guardians of Order are no more, but they sure made a whole bunch of great games and adventure products while in business.

Silver Age Sentinels was my personal favorite of the line, and I took many ideas from that games themes when I created this Super group guild here in Champions Online.
    Wow, this old thread is still here from way back when.

The new thread can be found here!​​