test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Silver Age Sentinels!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
The Silver Age Sentinels.

[Light Roleplay, Casual-Friendly, and Silver to Bronze Age Fun themed Super Group]

Liberty. Justice. Security. Peace.

These are the four pillars of a better world: a land of hope, freedom, and truth, where life is not a burden to endure but a joy to experience. There are threats you cannot conquer, tragedies you cannot avoid, and sins you cannot punish. We are here to help. We will support you when you stumble, keep watch when you sleep, and help you achieve the unreachable. We will show you how to touch Paradise. We are The Sentinels, and you are safe on our watch.

Who we are, what we stand for;
Silver Age Sentinels focuses on what heroes do best -- being heroes.

What does a "light-roleplay, casual-friendly environment" mean?
By "light-roleplay" we mean to suggest that the Supergroup is RP-friendly, and we want to create a welcoming environment for people who enjoy that aspect of the game (since we do). That said, many of us sometimes focus a little bit more on stomping tail than lengthy monologues.

By "casual-friendly" we mean to say that we will never ask players to put the game before their real lives, jobs, family or friends. Planned events will be kept to a minimum, and they won't be mandatory. If a player wants to log in and just beat up a few bad guys on his own, without having to get involved in whatever RP or missions are going on with the group at the time, that's perfectly fine with us.

To be frank*, we specifically, intentionally exist as an alternative to Heavy Roleplaying super groups, with lengthy recruitment and application processes, constant, back-to-back or continuing events, and more subplots going on at any one time than anyone could ever keep up with.

We are about roleplaying, and playing in character, but not to such a degree that someone might become lost if they don't keep up with current events, or left behind if they are unable to log in as often or regularly as some of the other members, nor are we so large that you might feel lost in the crowd.

If you want a fun group of mature roleplayers to hang out and chat with, in and out of character, without feeling that you will get left behind if you aren't able to log in four nights a week, then we are looking for you!

If you prefer to roleplay with [and your own characters are] more classic tights wearing, "Heroes' heroes", and wonder what it is today with all these gun toting thugs in masks, taking money for their so-called good deeds, we're the team for you!

If the above criteria spark your interest, or at any point while reading that you wanted to high five this post author, please click the link below and take a spin through the Information boxes on the front page which go into even more specific details of what we are about, both in and out of character. Light or casual roleplayers, looking for a home away from heavy angst, enjoy a small team feel, please move on to the next few simple steps!

Read those info boxes, and click the "Join this Guild" button to generate a few questions to answer that will go into your very own recruitment thread. Post in that new thread for your availability, and I or one of my officers will respond by attempting to schedule a good time to meet you in-game!

This team has existed since old beta, and has been through a few roster shake ups, one after beta ended, and another with the great player fallout of October. I've long kept the group an invitation-only, small and 'best kept secret' type of group for all this time, and I have only recently decided that it is time to open the doors to actual recruitment.

~Rune, proud leader of the Silver Age Sentinels.

*Disclaimer;Frank is not actually my Secret Identity.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Also of interest is the Miniature coalition of associated super groups.

The Silver Age Sentinels is most easily identified with The Defenders, a loose collection of like minded and noble heroes with some extra fun and humor injected, but slightly better known and much more respected. Founder and team leader; Rune

This is the main team, and where the majority of us spend our time in character. Almost all of the Vibora Bay leveled characters reside here, haha.

GLOBE is a SHIELD like international agency with UNTIL and PRIMUS clearances, headed up and ran by Super heroes. Founded by the Fighting-Canadian [a Canadian 'Captain America' homage], and currently led by an American Speedster hero with a sports car motif. Deputy Director; KnightHawk.

This alt team is the home for many of our more modern agent hero alts, such as Stormwatch, with a slightly more bronze age, heroic feel. In characterly, this groups 'Aero-Carrier', The Artimus, serves as the HQ, transportation, communications and logistical needs of all the other groups as well.

The Young Sentinels is our newest addition to the Coalition, it is a younger but no-longer-in-training super hero team similar to the flavor of the New Warriors, or Teen Titans. Young Justice fits as well, with some extra Runaways and Power Pack flavor if desired. All Ravenswood Academy / Homeroom Alpha characters are also Young Sentinels as a "Cover". Co-chairmen; Conductress, Amethyst

Ravenswood Academy is a School in the Pen & Paper lore, nominally an ordinary (if highly exclusive) private school, but secretly intended primarily to train young superhumans in the proper use of their abilities. Kristina Pelvanen, formerly the superheroine Rowan, founded Ravenswood Academy in 1989, and still serves as headmistress after she retired from her heroic life. It's secret "Homeroom Alpha" is the actual training program underneath the Academy, and only it's specific teachers, students and thrusted allies know about it. Senior Class Rep; Amethyst

This alt team serves as an area for In-training Teen concept heroes, for younger X-men and New Mutants types in particular, but being a mutant is not a requirement, merely having special powers or training and the recognized need to be further trained and educated is enough. Teen Angst in moderation welcome. :p

The primary difference between the Ravenswood Academy and Young Sentinels is that the Academy group is for and about students, the Young Sentinels is about young super heroes, whether it is the 'younger adult' flavor of the New Warriors from the 90s, or the "Younger but hand wave off the school stuff" type of Teen Titans thing going on like Teen Titans, Runaways or Young Justice.

The Golden Age Guardians are our allies and friends, in some cases better known heroes but all taking a "High road" moral stance with the younger members looking forward, even eager to learn from the older members. Co-chairmen; Red Eagle and Blue Eagle

Close in concept to DCs Justice Society as a team of older, well experienced world war two era heroes and their descendants and legacies. Shares some common ideals with Marvels Invaders and their teen sidekicks from seventies comics. In many ways they really are, both in and out of character, the "Avengers/Justice League" larger and better known super group, to our own intentionally smaller "Defenders/Justice Society".
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    There's never a shortage of people to run with in the Coalition, and a good amount of awesome (and often times, hilarious) role-play and plot-hooks spring up.

I don't regret throwing my hat in with this lot at all!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have to get in on this.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have to get in on this.

I'd love to meet you, hit up the website, or shoot me a tell in-game.

@Rune
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SAS is a fantastic group of people and they're on the rise! Hop on and rock out with us!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    These all sound highly intriguing.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hit our website, check us out!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Just recently joined and thought I would give the thread a friendly bump.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The GLOBE Coalition, which is mainly the Silver Age Sentinels and it's alt teams, is over sixty members strong, more than half of which are regular players, on at least four days/nights a week.

We're still growing, and if you have interest, take a look at the first two posts for all the relevant information!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the response, I think that your group sounds great for me, but I do have one nubtastic question: What is a "silver age" theme? Is this like the chronological silver age, or a reference to a color scheme or what? :P

I'd love to join up, btw.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi Dopehandz. Answers to those questions are found in Information boxes on the top left of the front page of our Super Groups website, but in a nutshell, Silver Age style is like the Comics from 1956 to 1971, encompassing all of the sixties.

Not everything there was silly like the old Batman TV series, although there certainly was a ton of that, there was also the first ever hero dying in the line of duty [Ferro Lad and Lightning Lad in classic Legion of Super Heroes comics], the introduction of dramatic soap opera elements and characterizations to comics book hero plots, [Spider-Man], really sexy characters [Power Girl, and tons of others], the first "Big" Cosmic story-lines and some truly psychedelic stuff too [Dr. Strange, Jack Kirby's Forth World, The Eternals, and so on].
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Although I am the leader of the modern age superhero group, the Blackwatch Defenders, I like how there is someone who has got a Silver-Age supergroup running around in game. Perhaps maybe the two groups can meet up and form an alliance of sorts ^_^. Anyhow, I'm gonna give you guys a friendly bump.

-Adversary89, leader of the Blackwatch Defenders
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Although I am the leader of the modern age superhero group, the Blackwatch Defenders, I like how there is someone who has got a Silver-Age supergroup running around in game. Perhaps maybe the two groups can meet up and form an alliance of sorts ^_^. Anyhow, I'm gonna give you guys a friendly bump.

Thank you! I've seen you guys around, your members are respectful role-players, we should get together sometime for sure!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rune wrote:
    Thank you! I've seen you guys around, your members are respectful role-players, we should get together sometime for sure!

First off, thanks for the compliment. We try to stay respectful and fun with everyone we encounter within the group or outside the group. As for us getting together, yeah I am looking forward to it. It would be pretty cool if the Silver Age Sentinels and the Blackwatch Defenders had a friendly alliance. I have you on my friend list so just hit me up with a in game mail if you would like to know a bit more about my group.

Also

Friendly bump for the SAS ^_^

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Last nights party celebrating the one year anniversary of our allies in the Silver Guard went great, and a collection of Young Sentinels stayed around to keep the party going until the very end. We had a great time, and so I'd like to give a thank you to all of the Silver Age Sentinels and GLOBE Coalition allies.

Also, the Celebration of the GLOBE /Silver Age Sentinels alliance will be held on Friday, Sept. 3rd at 6 PM server time, all friends and allies are welcome to join us! Prospective new members, please come by as well!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rune wrote:
    Last nights party celebrating the one year anniversary of our allies in the Silver Guard went great, and a collection of Young Sentinels stayed around to keep the party going until the very end. We had a great time, and so I'd like to give a thank you to all of the Silver Age Sentinels and GLOBE Coalition allies.

Also, the Celebration of the GLOBE /Silver Age Sentinels alliance will be held on Friday, Sept. 3rd at 6 PM server time, all friends and allies are welcome to join us! Prospective new members, please come by as well!

Sounds sweet ^_^
    I'll swing by for the celebration.
    Support the Silver Age Sentinels.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hello,

I'm new to CO and I've been looking for a SG to join and came across your post. I'm looking for something different in an MMO and so I figured RP'ing would be fun. Since you advertise "RP casual" type environment I think it'd be a good fit for what I'm looking for (I have almost zero RP experience). I'm also looking for a SG that wouldn't be bothered too much from my alt-itis that I seem to get in every MMORPG. I have four toons right now.

Cheers,

drawkcaB
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Not looking to join, but took a shot of those of you waiting for the Anniversary finale this morning, thought you might want it, it needs to be cropped a bit though and I can't tell if everyone was part of the team but anyways here you go:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/muppet_album/screenshot_2010-09-06-07-56-51.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    drawkacB wrote:
    I'm new to CO and I've been looking for a SG to join and came across your post. I'm looking for something different in an MMO and so I figured RP'ing would be fun. Since you advertise "RP casual" type environment I think it'd be a good fit for what I'm looking for (I have almost zero RP experience). I'm also looking for a SG that wouldn't be bothered too much from my alt-itis that I seem to get in every MMORPG. I have four toons right now.

Only four alts? ;) I'm a total altoholic, you'd be among friends. Saw your post on our boards, nice character, will look for you in-game to set up an interview!
    Not looking to join, but took a shot of those of you waiting for the Anniversary finale this morning, thought you might want it, it needs to be cropped a bit though and I can't tell if everyone was part of the team but anyways here you go:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o14/muppet_album/screenshot_2010-09-06-07-56-51.jpg

Thanks, Brick, that's a great shot!

Almost everyone there is in our team or sub factions, like the Young Sentinels. those that aren't, are allies from the Ultimate Guardians or the Silver Guard.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sorry I have been able to speak to you yet Rune. I've been pretty busy over the last week or so. I'll try to make myself more available over the next few days.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    drawkacB wrote:
    Sorry I have been able to speak to you yet Rune. I've been pretty busy over the last week or so. I'll try to make myself more available over the next few days.

No problem, just add me as a friend, and I'll do the same with you, we'll catch one another in-game soon enough.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Truth or Friction, the silver age sentinels are in the news again.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1694804#post1694804
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am intrested in joining.

Secret Agent Man@RiderJo
    Demolition Duke@RiderJo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RiderJo wrote:
    I am intrested in joining.

Secret Agent Man@RiderJo
    Demolition Duke@RiderJo

Hi! Please contact me in-game via email or Forum PM [@Rune], and I'll get with you, we can schedule a time to meet and chat. Also please take a moment to go to our website at www.silverage.guildportal.com and read through the Information boxes located on the top left of the site, they are there to tell you who we are and what we're about, and if we are what you are looking for!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm interested in applying to this supergroup, but I don't think my main character fits the bill. He's not dark, but, uh... >_>;

I have other characters who might fit the theme more, but I'm still hoping to find my main one a home somewhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MKitsune wrote:
    I'm interested in applying to this supergroup, but I don't think my main character fits the bill. He's not dark, but, uh... >_>;

I have other characters who might fit the theme more, but I'm still hoping to find my main one a home somewhere.

Hi!

Please contact me in-game via email or Forum PM [@Rune], and I'll get with you, we can schedule a time to meet and chat. Feel free to just /friend me, so we can see one another in-game easily.

Also please take a moment to go to our website at www.silverage.guildportal.com and read through the Information boxes located on the top left of the site, they are there to tell you who we are and what we're about, and if we are what you are looking for!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'd like to take a moment to welcome all the new members we've added in the last couple of weeks, plus returning members that had been out of the game due to RL issues.

Our private chat channel now has 102 individual players in it, and our teams are doing great. Young Sentinels in particular is enjoying a lot of popularity at the moment, the Ravenswood Academy / Homeroom Alpha Role-playing faction seeing the most action.

People just love the teen angst! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm also looking for a RPSG, casual player in the Eastern US time zone. My main character is Captain Millennium and I have a few alts I'm experimenting with. I can be contacted @NJTrekFan.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NJTrekFan wrote:
    I'm also looking for a RPSG, casual player in the Eastern US time zone. My main character is Captain Millennium and I have a few alts I'm experimenting with. I can be contacted @NJTrekFan.

Hello!

Please contact me in-game via email or Forum PM [@Rune], and I'll get with you, we can schedule a time to meet and chat. Feel free to just /friend me, so we can see one another in-game easily.

Also please take a moment to go to our website at www.silverage.guildportal.com and read through the Information boxes located on the top left of the site, they are there to tell you who we are and what we're about, and if we are what you are looking for!

Thanks for the interest!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey there Rune. Good to see you still kicking around. Just thought I'd pop in and wave hello on my way to show a little long distance love to own WC thread. :cool:

(Also - free bump)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hey, thanks, Dao! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to take a moment to welcome all the new members we've added in the last couple of weeks, plus returning members that had been out of the game due to RL issues.

Our private chat channel now has over 110 individual players in it, and our teams are doing great. Young Sentinels in particular is enjoying a lot of popularity at the moment, the Ravenswood Academy / Homeroom Alpha Role-playing faction seeing the most action.

People still just love the teen angst! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hi Rune it is I the mighty Badger! Constant forum lurker and quick quiper. I've never online RP'd I've played a few MMO's and always just RP'd in my head. I RP in real life D&D, Star wars, yada yada yada. I've wanted to give it a shot on champs but most groups have brutal rules and schedules and what not. I however, have a job, a dog, a house, a mother in-law, and a pregnant wife about to explode. Needless to say my time is stretched a bit thin. So I was wondering...ummm, ahhh...ummmm...Can I play with you guys I'll be quiet and won't get in the way I promise.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jmill565 wrote:
    Hi Rune it is I the mighty Badger! Constant forum lurker and quick quiper. I've never online RP'd I've played a few MMO's and always just RP'd in my head. I RP in real life D&D, Star wars, yada yada yada. I've wanted to give it a shot on champs but most groups have brutal rules and schedules and what not. I however, have a job, a dog, a house, a mother in-law, and a pregnant wife about to explode. Needless to say my time is stretched a bit thin. So I was wondering...ummm, ahhh...ummmm...Can I play with you guys I'll be quiet and won't get in the way I promise.

Haha.

We'd love to have you, just hit our website when Guildportal is back up, and read those information boxes, then hit the "Join this guild" button at the top and answer the questions. We'll get you set right up.

I take no responsibility if you end up falling in love with our group and it's role-playing.
    :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hey im new to this game in all but it sems really fun and i like it alot but for some reason i cant get to your website to sign up?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    mcool44 wrote:
    hey im new to this game in all but it sems really fun and i like it alot but for some reason i cant get to your website to sign up?

Guildportal was down earlier, it does that occasionally, but it's all up and running normal now.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey I applied on your site for a place in the supergroup.

Pulse
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just posted my application to the group! Look forward to hearing from you. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rune wrote:
    Guildportal was down earlier, it does that occasionally, but it's all up and running normal now.

This would explain a lot. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just want to give my props to the Silver Age Sentinels.

I've had the opportunity to team with a few of your members recently and they are some pretty good and cool players.

If I ever want to join a SG...the Silver Age Sentinels is where I would go.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey, thanks, VitalityPrime!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Champions Online: Free for All launches tomorrow, and the Silver Age Sentinels and it's themed sub teams are here for your casual and light roleplaying needs!

Just hit the first posts and check our website out to learn more, classic Golden, Silver & Bronze age style heroes are always welcome, and we do have a home for some of the Neo-silver to modern style heroes in our GLOBE agency too! Teen Hero shenanigans in Ravenswood Academy and the Young Sentinels as well!

Proud leader of the finest light role-playing group in Champions [and made so by it's awesome membership],
    the Silver Age Sentinels!

~Rune
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    We've just completed a revamp to our site and welcome you to see it!

http://silverage.guildportal.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Well, if other people can do this, I can too.]

I'd like to take a moment to welcome the newest recruits into the Sentinels family of super groups, all added just in the last month;

@Madeye_Malk

Oceanic@Mod

@Leadfeathr

Monolith@Monolith

Flogiston@Flogiston

Quick-blade@Digiheart

Amp von Voltage@Sotanokki

Twixter Rabit@Prons

@Cyberspider

Beatle-boy@tjwylie

@KathrynShaufer

Mortlock@Kazoup

The Emissary@GigaGal

Thank you one and all for reminding me every time I log in, that I have the privilege and honor of leading the best light role-playing guild in Champions Online!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Been a blast so far. I've never roleplayed any of my champions, and Mortlock was the perfect one to start with. You guys have been beyond welcoming, and the RP has been brilliant. CO's become tons more fun for me
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Applied and hoping I will be accepted :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to formally welcome the following new members of the Silver Age Sentinels family of super groups!

@Metallurgist
    @Guriphu
    @Teyandee
    @Detlik
    @GMciaramella
    @mrbits
    @SAXsamus

As always, the awesomeness of our guild is truly based on the quality of it's members, and our Quality is beyond exceptional.

Welcome, all of you, to the finest light role-playing guild in Champions Online.

Humbly in service, your leader;

Rune
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How would one go about securing an interview for the Young Sentinels?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Once more I bring welcomes to new members. All Global handles.

Insaneai
    MrOmnescient
    Archermonkey
    Andmusicforall
    Protecter
    Gwelaine
    Stateswoman
    jjmatias
    Karyfrost
    Echokitt
    Slogh
    DarkOnxy
    Wraithwing

As always, the awesomeness of our guild is truly based on the quality of it's members, and our Quality is beyond exceptional.

Welcome, all of you, to the finest light role-playing guild in Champions Online.

Humbly in service, your leader;

Rune
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just made an account on the site and filled out the questions. Wasn't sure if you wanted long or short answers, so I tried not to ramble too much. :P