Install Arc

Silver Age Sentinels!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll keep an eye out for you.
    edited April 2011
    Just saying I've been a SAS for almost a year now and it is a FANTASTIC supergroup full of great people and fun RP. You will not be disappointed if you are a true hero who enjoys solid roleplay and aren't all dark.
    edited April 2011
    As others have said, the Silver Age Sentinels is a great Super Group. Just want to take a sec to say how much fun and how well the RP and casual nature is balanced. A person does not have to be on every day, all day to feel a part of the group. There are a few optional get together RP events announced ahead of time, but by and large stories continue and a person can enjoy RPing even if they only get on a few hours a week. Plus with members world-wide there always seem to be someone on so teaming is easy.

In my opinion, if you are looking for an active SG to join; one where mature, open-minded, and fun-loving players who actually do things together, and if you like playing your character and not just their stats, then you should consider the Silver Age Sentinels. Find us in game or visit our website >>link<<. We are always happy to meet other quality players, be they experienced in the game or new to Champions Online.

- Peace -
    edited May 2011
    It's been awhile since I updated, I don't believe in spamming the forums. I'll check in about once a month to welcome all our new members.

Thanks for the kind words, Peace. Are you sure you don't want to be an officer? :D

Without further ado, welcome aboard to the following recent additions to the Sentinels Coalition!

@tachyonpulsethingy

@Jingizu

@Shazamarak

@TravelerGwen

@lynnb

@gonemad321

@Sorpaijen

@Xanthaniel

@PFCDoofles

@Strangeside

@kethry74

@MarcSarsur

@Ashura

@Armantien

@Sky-Ranger

@BSSolo

@Melidara

@Star.Gazer

@ichibanjack

As always, the awesomeness of our guild is truly based on the quality of it's members, and our Quality is beyond exceptional.

Welcome, all of you, to the finest light role-playing guild in Champions Online.

Humbly in service, your leader;

Rune
    edited May 2011
    Rune wrote:
    This team has existed since old beta, and has been through a few roster shake ups, one after beta ended, and another with the great player fallout of October.

At the risk of revealing just how casual a player I am*... what is "the great player fallout of October."?

*(I bought a lifetime membership for myself for Christmas.)
    edited May 2011
    Scartaris wrote:
    At the risk of revealing just how casual a player I am*... what is "the great player fallout of October."?

*(I bought a lifetime membership for myself for Christmas.)

It's not a big thing, actually. Champions Online launched on September 1, 2009 [and had a three day head start on August 28th].

The Great Player fallout of October is nothing more than the people who bought and tried the game for one month but didn't choose to subscribe for longer, and is a pretty standard loss of population in every pay MMO ever released. Like most guilds, we lost players.

Unlike many, we didn't just disappear.
    edited May 2011
    Hey I actually applied on you guild portal page, but it looks like you prefer to go through here and in game. Any chance a couple of my characters could join the young sentinels?

Namely Amp and Razorbolt.
    edited June 2011
    Hey I actually applied on you guild portal page, but it looks like you prefer to go through here and in game. Any chance a couple of my characters could join the young sentinels?

Namely Amp and Razorbolt.

Welcome aboard, Brick!

In fact, I'll take this moment to welcome all the newer members to the Sentinels Coalition from the last month or so.

@ShaLynx

@Grundel70

@Redshift

@Breakout

@Apygoos

@HiroProtagonyst

@TitanLP2001

@perrin-

@Non

@Acylion

@Grimwolfe

@Brick_McDuggins

@Vigil

@cptpatriot

As always, the quality of our guild is truly based on the awesomeness of it's members, and our awesomeness is beyond exceptional.

Welcome, all of you, to the finest light role-playing guild in Champions Online.

Rune
    edited July 2011
    Dropped an application on the site, interested in getting The National into this group. Thought I'd drop a post in this thread too.
    edited July 2011
    Saw your app, it was very good!

Added you to my friends list, keeping an eye out for you! :D
    edited July 2011
    Posted an app on your site, I have to say I really like the theme you guys chose.
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, adding you to Friends list and keeping an Eye out for you!
    edited July 2011
    a friendly bump from an ally and an invitation to our Summer Social this Saturday the 23rd. Hope you guys can make it!

-Orion Prime
    edited July 2011
    Another friendly bump and invite. Sorry for the last minute invite on the last one. RL got to me. You guys are invited to a video game party. . It's probably more geared towards the Young Sentinels but anyone is invited.
    edited July 2011
    Hey loving the theme! Added my app :)
    edited July 2011
    Hi Kibble!

I saw your app, I an my officers have our eyes peeled for you.

It would facilitate things if you visit your application thread and leave a post detailing some expected times you'll be online and available to meet up for an interview!
    edited July 2011
    I would love to Join.
    i have already aplied at the Guild Portal site, and thought i would just say hay and itroduce myself here as well.
    edited August 2011
    Same as crusader. :)

Was like a week ago I posted my app though...
    edited August 2011
    I apologize, real life has been very busy on my end. I'll prod my officers.
    edited August 2011
    I just join the game and been looking for a sg to join. I read through the thread, and you guys look like the fit for me. My character name is Captain Omega . So how do i go about joining
    edited August 2011
    Rune wrote:
    I apologize, real life has been very busy on my end. I'll prod my officers.

NP I understand. :)

Looking forward hopefully seeing u all ingame :D
    edited August 2011
    I just join the game and been looking for a sg to join. I read through the thread, and you guys look like the fit for me. My character name is Captain Omega . So how do i go about joining

Hit the link in my Sig that takes you to our GuildPortal website, and read through our information boxes, once you've done that and still like what you see, hit the "join this guild" button at the top of the front page, and fill out the application, as yourself the player, not as one of your characters.

This spawns a forum thread to which you can post, add in a post there with you in-game availability to facilitate meeting us!
    edited August 2011
    I am interested in your group, my handle is @thejudge345
    edited August 2011
    Welcome aboard, Thejudge!

And a lot more, but I don't have time to track down all the people that have joined in the last two months or so, just now.
    edited August 2011
    I have a question in regards to one of my characters, who I think could be a good fit, but that all relies on the answer to this question.

My character is basically the last incarnation of a long line of gunslinging heroes all using the name Blue Star and wearing similar uniforms, most notably they all use enchanted guns, with an enchantment scroll being passed down from the previous Blue Star to the next. This allows them to use their guns without ever having to reload or worry about running out of ammo, switch from lethal to non-lethal ammo at will and most notably harm beings like demons or ghosts that would logically be immune to normal gunfire. There's more of a story behind it but I've gone on long enough without getting to the point, so here it is.

How do you feel about killing? Blue Star does not in any way enjoy killing and he almost never does it, but if he sees no other option he will shoot to kill and he will feel no remorse. (Blue Stars are trained not to, to stay focused in the line of duty.)

Would a character like that be welcome in the Sentinels? He basically fits the classic definition of a hero, but he is prepared to take a life if he has to, a lot of heroes have let villains get away because they were not and the Blue Stars have always been very rigid on not letting that happen.
    edited August 2011
    I have a question in regards to one of my characters, who I think could be a good fit, but that all relies on the answer to this question.

My character is basically the last incarnation of a long line of gunslinging heroes all using the name Blue Star and wearing similar uniforms, most notably they all use enchanted guns, with an enchantment scroll being passed down from the previous Blue Star to the next. This allows them to use their guns without ever having to reload or worry about running out of ammo, switch from lethal to non-lethal ammo at will and most notably harm beings like demons or ghosts that would logically be immune to normal gunfire. There's more of a story behind it but I've gone on long enough without getting to the point, so here it is.

How do you feel about killing? Blue Star does not in any way enjoy killing and he almost never does it, but if he sees no other option he will shoot to kill and he will feel no remorse. (Blue Stars are trained not to, to stay focused in the line of duty.)

Would a character like that be welcome in the Sentinels? He basically fits the classic definition of a hero, but he is prepared to take a life if he has to, a lot of heroes have let villains get away because they were not and the Blue Stars have always been very rigid on not letting that happen.

Our theme strives to avoid killing wherever possible, but allow the destruction of Robots and mindless undead with no worries. Intelligent undead, AIs and aliens are to be treated as living beings and not attempted to be destroyed unless no other option to defeat them, and innocent lives are on the line.

A character like this would almost certainly have to join us in our Globe faction, which is the one we use for more modern heroes. He'd still need to abide by the rules of escalation that Policemen use, however, such as only resorting to lethal combat options when he is reasonably certain that there is no other recourse in order to protect his own or another innocent life. This would have to occur in combat, not before nor after with calm time to ponder, as that would then be premeditated murder.

Not feeling guilt about it is a whole 'nother things, being trained to withstand such mental anguish is one thing, but not actually feeling any guilt at all is plain psychotic.
    edited August 2011
    Rune wrote:

Our theme strives to avoid killing wherever possible, but allow the destruction of Robots and mindless undead with no worries. Intelligent undead, AIs and aliens are to be treated as living beings and not attempted to be destroyed unless no other option to defeat them, and innocent lives are on the line.

A character like this would almost certainly have to join us in our Globe faction, which is the one we use for more modern heroes. He'd still need to abide by the rules of escalation that Policemen use, however, such as only resorting to lethal combat options when he is reasonably certain that there is no other recourse in order to protect his own or another innocent life. This would have to occur in combat, not before nor after with calm time to ponder, as that would then be premeditated murder.

Not feeling guilt about it is a whole 'nother things, being trained to withstand such mental anguish is one thing, but not actually feeling any guilt at all is plain psychotic.
    Yeah, the character has gone through a pretty big change, dropping the Blue Star name completely and letting his family legacy die, mainly because he was tired of being a slave to his training and a code he no longer believed in. In short, he wants to be a man, not some emotionless killer. It's taken an interesting turn having him deal with psychological issues after being indoctrinated with training from his childhood.

Anyway, his new name is Recoil and he is basically the same in every way, except he now actually regrets killing people when he's forced to do so, preferring to use non-lethal ammo as much as possible and reassess just when it's necessary to use lethal force. The character is going through changes basically. Thanks for the info though, I have an idea of what you're looking for now, I might apply eventually.
    edited September 2011
    It's been awhile since I updated, I don't believe in spamming the forums. I'll check in about once a month to welcome all our new members.

When I say we've been growing, I mean.. we've been growing! Two months plus worth here.

Without further ado, welcome aboard to the following recent additions to the Sentinels Coalition!

krusedullfaen
    Lyllieth
    jvskotor
    Senris
    66nobody
    Montevius
    morgothpsilos
    Calimara
    Armantien
    CaptainSpalding
    Blue Knight
    xenogen
    Cusefan202
    western
    Garricklar
    Kaishargh
    Needle_of_Night
    Mayati
    thejudge345
    Ranien
    spazzen
    Orogod
    mankar89
    darkblade98
    forsythe
    ZephyrAM
    devilsdreams
    Phineas6
    Mahkia
    Cpt_noble
    Samoth95
    seawolf1966
    DecadentDec
    night-wisp
    Whambalam
    deadman
    Deviantheretic
    SuperPenguin
    Bhatair
    ClockworkAngel
    derrickdlr
    BananaKid
    MrMillennium
    Sunleaper
    Ghostdogg866
    Cendara
    championman
    JanCactus
    Signal
    hargrar
    eolsgaard
    Keioseth

As always, the quality of our guild is truly based on the awesomeness of it's members, and our awesomeness is beyond exceptional.

Rune
    edited October 2011
    I'm interested in joining your group, heres my character bio.

His bio:
    Name: Foolsa
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Gender Appeal: Female
    Class: Magican of Water/Air
    Hero or Villian?: Hero
    Bio: Foolsa was known as the fool in his homeland. He had been given that name because of his powers. When turned sixteen he ran away from his homeland and came to MC. From there he meet mysterious hero who taught him how to weild his powers. Nine years later Foolsa became a highly skilled Magican.

Problem: Only problems he has is that he prefers to work with human heroes, so no beast, demon, or aliens heroes. Other than that he is pretty much nice guy.

And picture of him is on this forum http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1963776#post1963776
    edited October 2011
    Whats your groups stance on aliens? The SAS looks like a great super group for my alien power armored hero personality wise, but he is not quite the standard silver age hero in appearance (being an alien and all). I'd like a chance to meet up in game and let you be the judge.
    edited October 2011
    eanwulf wrote:
    Whats your groups stance on aliens? The SAS looks like a great super group for my alien power armored hero personality wise, but he is not quite the standard silver age hero in appearance (being an alien and all). I'd like a chance to meet up in game and let you be the judge.

Aliens are a fine Silver Age hero tradition.

I am not sure which one of these characters of yours it is, but Herby would fit in fairly well, some of the others maybe, some maybe not.

Our process for admission is outlined in the first post of this thread. :D
    edited October 2011
    I'm interested in joining your group, heres my character bio.

Gah, I missed this when another player capped your post by accident. Your app on our site is great, and I have my eyes open for you in-game, Heartless!

Minor update as long as I'm posting this;

The Silver Age Sentinels is almost at 250 players strong now. We've really grown, and while our casual nature means a large number of those aren't on every day, we have a lot of activity these days!
    edited October 2011
    Rune wrote:
    Gah, I missed this when another player capped your post by accident. Your app on our site is great, and I have my eyes open for you in-game, Heartless!

okay sent friend invite in game so I can contact you.
    edited October 2011
    Application submitted. :)
    edited October 2011
    jkgall4 wrote:
    Application submitted. :)

Seen, friend invitation sent, I'm on the lookout for you!
    edited October 2011
    Looks like a awesome group :D application submitted hope I get in.
    edited November 2011
    I tried to apply! I submitted the Application and then the website seems to have gone down? cant access it at all now! Sad sad panda!
    edited November 2011
    Scratch that! All working now and application submitted! Hooray!
    edited November 2011
    I have my eyes open for you guys!
    edited November 2011
    Just swinging by to give you guys a friendly bump.

-Adversary89, Proud Associate of Wolfram & Hart
    edited November 2011
    Just submitted my application on the website! This SG definitely sounds like the one for me!
    edited November 2011
    Argolisk wrote:
    Just submitted my application on the website! This SG definitely sounds like the one for me!

I'll take a look.. we recently broke the 250 member players value. :D

Adding you to my friends list, and I'll have an eye out. Not like a pirate, like a uh... ah, I don't know where I'm going with this joke.
    edited November 2011
    Just threw my own hat into the ring. Hope to hear back from you guys.
    edited November 2011
    Endvalley wrote:
    Just threw my own hat into the ring. Hope to hear back from you guys.

I suspect you will......
    edited December 2011
    Hey there Rune - small world. I've been dabbling with this game once again to the point of maybe looking for potential SGs. I like what you've put together here. If I think I'm at all serious about playing this game long term I'll send in an application. Sent you a friend request, regardless. Hope all is well, and will chat soon.

-Greb
    edited December 2011
    Greblaja wrote:
    Hey there Rune - small world. I've been dabbling with this game once again to the point of maybe looking for potential SGs. I like what you've put together here. If I think I'm at all serious about playing this game long term I'll send in an application. Sent you a friend request, regardless. Hope all is well, and will chat soon.

-Greb

Hey Greb, welcome back!

Drop in that App, it'll be great to have you around! :D
    edited January 2012
    It has come to my attention that some Silver account players may not feel welcome just anywhere.

While we are not a Silver only or oriented group, we do not discriminate based on account type, and a couple of my trusted officers are Silver account players themselves.

So, if you like Light RP and Silver Age Comics values, don't worry about your account status, because we won't.
    edited January 2012
    a friendly bump for a great group of open and kind hearted individuals
    edited January 2012
    Mister Runeee!

Were tha Young chapter thread ? Its soo totaly not cool not having a thread to talk about my fame and stuff.. Oh gota run like Rowan is giving me the stare again!

ps: this sooo is not a cover Bumb post

Cosmic Out!
    edited February 2012
    This sounds like my kind of group. I'll fill out that membership form soon.