What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Demo!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fauxx wrote:
    Can somebody send me a key pleaase? :P
    Yup, just need you to PM me your email address and I can get you one.
    edited February 2010
    hi atplay, sent u 2 emails for keys if you still have any! thx!
    edited February 2010
    hi atplay, sent u 2 emails for keys if you still have any! thx!
    Yup, I sent them out.
    edited February 2010
    EDIT: Gone!
    edited February 2010
    Coraf - Ky47u - 87h6a - Dkp8r - 83wmk (caps)
    edited February 2010
    New keys above!

And grats to all for getting the expansion to be free! :D
    edited February 2010
    just wanted to know if I could also have a key please your the best..

leecadena@yahoo.com
    edited February 2010
    key's are already taken =\
    edited February 2010
    PM me your email address and I will send you a key while I have them in supply.
    edited February 2010
    Edit: Gone
    edited February 2010
    demo stinks, not being able to check out other powers is horrible, too bad, I almost liked the game enough to buy it.
    edited February 2010
    Demalii wrote:
    demo stinks, not being able to check out other powers is horrible, too bad, I almost liked the game enough to buy it.
    Umm...so get a buddy key? It doesnt cost you anything (other than sending me a PM with your email address to get one), and you can try out the other powers and such.
    edited February 2010
    At Play can only get five a week, same as the rest of us.

Don't bother posting here if you need a key, just PM us with actual email addresses so we can send them out.
    edited February 2010
    Rune wrote:
    At Play can only get five a week, same as the rest of us.

As far as I know, its not limited to 5 a week, just 5 keys out at a time.
    edited February 2010
    AtPlay wrote:
    As far as I know, its not limited to 5 a week, just 5 keys out at a time.

Oops, my bad, I got confuzzled, but I thought I'd read that the five we get replenish once a week at fastest.
    edited February 2010
    Coraf-kybda-rgdey-k3jrr-ahcvp
    Coraf-kjhej-ylmyh-ra3y3-kbrh7

Enjoy!
    edited February 2010
    Edit: Gone
    edited February 2010
    EDIT: More keys!

CORAF-LVMV6-KVMP4-7JYWL-LN3T7

CORAF-LVMWC-RBBN9-MVAAE-UTLVR

CORAF-LVJ3U-QPGXN-NVAMV-PA9GT

CORAF-LVHVY-EAUTG-3TCTK-A96A8

CORAF-LRUQN-RHGXX-JUW7F-BT3RX
    edited February 2010
    Here's three keys I was given a while ago for being a lifer. I don't think they give the buddy bonuses though. My friends hate MMO's so they wont be wanting them.

- CCTBK9BMPQC3DGUD3RN3UA9EJ
    - CCTBKW8MFLD9NU843W7XTPDJ4
    - CCTBK8FMBWYWTKT8ENULTPW4L

If none of them work, feel free to PM me an e-mail for a key.
    edited February 2010
    First time player here thanks to the demo.

I played Champions RPG when it first came out and always wanted to try out this game, but had other MMOs going on (Warcrack, EVE), and now that I finally shook those shackles really started getting that crack itch that I hoped Champions would alleviate.

That said, being a demo I figured that the game would be pretty limited on what I could do. I knew it wouldnt let me get far in levels, and I was not really concerned about that. The pros and cons after playing the demo had to be considered:

Pros ~

I felt that the character creation (which a lot of you already alluded to) was pretty jaw dropping and entertaining on its own. I felt pretty good about being able to make pretty much whatever character I wanted. my girlfriend also felt this way, though she had less interest in playing the game itself because she just wanted to play dress up with her character for around two hours. I was a lil annoyed at that (shes not a game player, shes more into other things like real life...bloody fascist).

The tutorial, for someone that has never played this game before, felt to me that it fulfilled what most of the menus and commands were. My girlfriend also felt that the game pretty much explained everything she needed to be able to interact with the game, and only asked me once how to do something.

I did have a passive idea of what the characteristics and powers equated to in the game. My girlfriend (again, hardly ever plays games) didn't really like the pick up items being odd powers and abilities but having no real graphic representation on the game. For a first time player, that seemed to be a weird interaction of bonus points and stats to her.

Cons ~

At the end of the "celebration" level, we were both ready to go to our respective locations. I picked Canada while she was at work, hoping to see the powerhouse so I could see what possibilities would be in store for me regarding my character. Would I be ever able to fly as Tesla Coil? Maybe turn myself into an electrical bolt in order to travel along telephone lines (hey im trying to be creative)? would I be able to do something like give a static electric charge passively? Anything would be cool to see. My grifriend got home to try the Desert and get more gadgets for her character too, both of us were a little excited to see what was on the horizon. we both try to board our helicopters and after the interaction bar goes across......nothing. no message, no instructions to buy time, to buy the game, not even a gross limerick. If I had something of a message to let me know that that was the end of the tutorial and what were the next steps to buy the game, I would have followed them.

Instead my gf suggested I tried to buy 30 days of game time and see if that would fix the problem. No dice as of this morning. I tried to uninstall the demo and went on the main site where there was a game control option to download, which I also downloaded and let it patch overnight. Same sitch. I finally made a game ticket and afterwards decided to look here.

So after reading the forum I realized that the Game Key that the demo gave us was not sufficient. I banged my head into the desk for being a retard (I should know better, Ive played enough MMOS, though usually they are more informative when you get to something like this, though in all fairness Eve let me play straight off the demo key after buying a 30 game card so my gf assumed based on that it would be a smooth transition here too....yeah not so much) and let my gf in on the joke. We laughed and I NOW know thanks to you guys that I still have to go get the actual game.

This amounts to a sad part on Cryptic's part in the sense that my gf was ready to walk away from this game since they gave us literally no reason to stay. Sure, I dont have any problem claiming responsibility for my idiocy (I have tons to be responsible for, its a heavy load, but I carry it well) but at the same time when trying to entice new players, having them fumble around trying to figure out what the next step is to buy your game is really kinda self defeating in a demo.

You got us enticed, you got us ready to play, and then give us no bridge nor instruction to get there. The game looks good and we are probably going to give it a nice 30 days at least to try it after figuring this out, but one thing it left in my mind; the devs arent thorough in their builds and in considering all avenues of their builds...which leads me to consider whether this will be signs of bad builds in the future. It leaves that concern at the starting gate.

EDIT: Ive noticed a couple of you guys giving up Buddy Keys. Im going to PM one of you to get it. Thanks so much. Its pretty cool to see a community wanting to help players get more involved in the game and have a chance to experience it :D
    edited February 2010
    EDIT: all gone
    edited February 2010
    Referral Keys

CORAF-M9HWL-64HWY-YXCK3-6JDLA
    CORAF-M9HLG-MBYPW-AXJ8G-NKKRF
    CORAF-M9CCC-IFWWT-TJWMT-4EXEQ
    CORAF-M98GD-7CWJB-4CLF8-JFAF6
    CORAF-M9BM4-WKKTN-CEQV6DGPCL
    edited February 2010
    A very simple addition to the demo would be to add a Powerhouse to the tutorial area, at least for the demo.

This would allow players that are simply curious about the game to experience a great deal of the game. A player could get:

-A travel power, as nothing is more fun than leaping skyscrapers in a single bound, flying around on rocket boots, etc

-Other powers for your character. This lets players see the other powers in the game and start off their character. After all, the idea is to get players to buy the full game and bring their character through to it. Pressing one of two buttons the entire way to level 15 is NOT fun.

-Talents and other stat increases. Because the player is getting to level 15 anyway, why not give incentives for it?

This would be a very simple addition to the intro area, and one that would make the demo a whole lot more attractive for potential game-buyers.
    edited February 2010
    Mrksmn567 wrote:
    A very simple addition to the demo would be to add a Powerhouse to the tutorial area, at least for the demo.
    Im more in support of adding the Canadian Crisis and Desert Crisis to the tutorial. The current tutorial is rather boring, I didnt really get hooked until the first time I stepped into the desert.
    edited February 2010
    More Keys!

Coraf-mjw6p-ggcmk-6djg8-clbrh

Coraf-mjwly-qvk3e-fphly-lhyaa

Coraf-mjwmp-qtrv9-hn3uv-8vjvu

Coraf-lvmwc-rbbn9-mvaae-utlvr

Coraf-lvmv6-kvmp4-7jywl-ln3t7
    edited February 2010
    CCan the same account use buddy keys more than once?
    edited February 2010
    Not really sure, i dont think it would, but your key is still waiting for you mate.
    edited February 2010
    Romanime wrote:
    CCan the same account use buddy keys more than once?
    I dont believe you can, as it would undermine the time limit on the trials.

If anyone needs a key, or has a question, feel free to PM me.
    edited February 2010
    I got this demo off Steam because I wanted to try it out but it does not tell you that it ends at the crises zones so I got there and I try to go in the Helicopter it goes all the way to the end of the interacting and just stops it should say " I'm sorry but your demo is over" and give you a choice to log out or go back to the Attack on MC. So I had no Idea what to do I thought it was broken or somthing. I think it should say when it ends or let it keep going. I probalbly still will buy the game but not because of the demo.
    edited February 2010
    PortalFTW wrote:
    I got this demo off Steam because I wanted to try it out but it does not tell you that it ends at the crises zones so I got there and I try to go in the Helicopter it goes all the way to the end of the interacting and just stops it should say " I'm sorry but your demo is over" and give you a choice to log out or go back to the Attack on MC. So I had no Idea what to do I thought it was broken or somthing. I think it should say when it ends or let it keep going. I probalbly still will buy the game but not because of the demo.
    PM me your email address and I can get you a buddy key. With the buddy key, you can leave the tutorial.
    edited February 2010
    Coraf-m68da-cgdf4-t7nmb-jl43a
    edited February 2010
    Keys GONE!
    edited February 2010
    CORAF-N4FAX-KMF7H-RUEAC-LGGWC - Used
    edited February 2010
    New Keys! :D

CORAF-N4P7Y-UATRV-QKKRK-KT49M

CORAF-NECLB-YC7LP-98ND9-PJ3NC

CORAF-NECRQ-6R49B-JGAPF-4LE39

CORAF-NEEHT-D7MVC-JPX6W-YU434

CORAF-N4QUD-FJXNE-QJX3J-QVAX9
    edited February 2010
    Twenty four pages. Twenty four pages of people complaining about this demo, and very kind people giving out buddy keys to calm the storm and maybe win back a few of the potential players turned off by the horrible implementation of such a good idea. But it’s what I haven’t seen in this thread that really makes me not want this game. Not a single comment from the developers. Twenty four pages and not one word. Do they not have the courtesy to tell us how their addressing this? Or do they simply not care and do not plan to?
    Either way I know one thing. I like this game enough to play it forever. So long as its free. I’m reinstalling the client for the demo, and may even grab a key if I spot a free one and their not flying away (Having already had one in the past I won’t take one another person who has not played this game may want) but I will not, so long as there are such obvious customer service and creative issues, give Cryptic even the change I just found under my couch cushions.
    edited February 2010
    J_H wrote:
    I’m reinstalling the client for the demo, and may even grab a key if I spot a free one and their not flying away
    Just PM me with your email address if you need a key.
    edited February 2010
    Hi, I'm just playing the trial account and I was hoping i could get hold of a referal key to keep playing and see a bit more of the game and the powers etc.

My email is pcyacb@nottingham.ac.uk

Any help would be apperciated.
    edited February 2010
    Cyzaki wrote:
    Hi, I'm just playing the trial account and I was hoping i could get hold of a referal key to keep playing and see a bit more of the game and the powers etc.

My email is pcyacb@nottingham.ac.uk

Any help would be apperciated.
    I sent you a PM with the key. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    edited February 2010
    Well, I'm back, and thanks to the 14 day reset thing, have several unused keys as well as my 5 more. Anyway, here you all go:

Edit: Used.

Also, feel free to just PM me your email if you want a key that you know no one else is using ;)
    edited February 2010
    Updated 03.03.10 - More unused keys, or pm me if you want one. :)

CORAF-PDE6J-BJNDP-DCLRP-GGV4C
    CORAF-PDJLN-GBQ9L-BMJTB-83DBR
    CORAF-PDDUX-TNCLF-94MHP-T6BN6
    CORAF-P44CY-RUPV8-RXC6A-PQJV6

ps: if u ever need help ingame just pm me or send a message. :)
    edited February 2010
    Edit: Gone!
    edited February 2010
    Another set:
    CORAF-ELBGP-JQKWR-F7DLN-QMV4A
    CORAF-NJCTK-LJRP7-CQU6L-X3JR7
    CORAF-NNNWE-EVHFL-8MAAP-Q8LR4
    CORAF-NNQ6B-EDHKL-EFGXA-JLLGC
    CORAF-NHXU9-HQ4XE-MHG4N-X6DK3
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Gone!
    edited March 2010
    Just saved Millenium City! Pretty interesting, and I would like to get into the real game and see whats what.

Anyone can sort me with a referral code? I can use that to move on, ya?

Edit: Atplay helped me below. Thanks!
    edited March 2010
    Just saved Millenium City! Pretty interesting, and I would like to get into the real game and see whats what.

Anyone can sort me with a referral code? I can use that to move on, ya?
    PM me your email address and I can get you one.
    edited March 2010
    More keys:

CORAF-PB9V6-BXLC6-FG8KW-FE7U8

CORAF-PBUDD-A8X7H-RA4LB-WNH9X

CORAF-PBYHW-K4UHD-H89HQ-LK7AN

CORAF-P9PA3-WKKA8-THNRD-UM6M9

CORAF-NWBHR-W6QAV-NQWY9-QPX6R
    edited March 2010
    CORAF-PBUDD-A8X7H-RA4LB-WNH9X
    used thx m8
    edited March 2010
    Hello !
    Hum i have 2 questions is de demo finish when you saved Millenuim city ? Because they ask me to talk with Ravenspeaker and Witchcraft but i can't ! when i talk to them the collect things is gray i can't click...
    And can i go to powerhouse or no ?
    And what's the Keys for ?
    edited March 2010
    TupacFR wrote:
    Hello !
    Hum i have 2 questions is de demo finish when you saved Milenuim city ? because i'm level 5 and i can't do nothing
    And can i go to powerhouse or no ?
    And what's the Keys for ?
    There are two forms of the trial. The kind you are on you are unable to leave the tutorial, cant level past 15, but there is no time limit. The buddy keys you see us handing out will allow you to leave the tutorial, but you still cant level past 15 and it will expire in 10 days.

PM me with your email address and I can get you a key.
    edited March 2010
    Oh ok thanks So i need a key now to go to power house ? and with this i can only be lvl 15 ? can u give me 2 keys and where did i have to put them