test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Demo!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hello, demo player here.

I played the free weekend a while back and thought this unlimited demo might be nice to go back and see what getting to 15 is like (only got to 11 on the free weekend). I have 4 characters on my account, all over lv 6 (one at 11). I have 3 characters stuck in the powerhouse and when I try to leave it tells me to buy the full game, and one character in canada but without being able to get into the powerhouse. I actually came on the forum to ask if this is a bug but I read this topic and find it's intentional.

Seriously, only being able to play the tutorial? F' that! On the free weekend I just skipped over the tutorial after my first character, it's really dull. I was hoping to give this game another chance now that it's gone quite cheap on Steam but if this is how they run this game then I'm not touching it with a 20foot stick. I'd hate to think what they'd do with my payment details if this is how they run their game.

/Rage uninstall
    edited December 2009
    Since I've noticed a few "potential" players who want a referral key to play what "should" have been the demo, I'll be posting some left over Buddy Keys for anyone to use.

CCTBKR64RHCCWFPBTMPFBX9XX

CCTBKGHX6KAKUC6GHV9FMRKJT

CCTBKKGJXLPRMB3RYRXDPVFQB

I have no idea if you can apply this to a "Demo" account.

Good luck and have fun!
    edited December 2009
    Nothing to see here.
    edited December 2009
    I tried the demo, and had loads of fun making my character (must have spent at least 2 hours faffing about to get the look just right), and then i entered the game and after an hour or less the demo content was complete. (i spent a lot of time taking screenshots of some awesome looking hero's, the character creator is the badgers nadgers and really lets your imagination run wild and some of those i saw where absolutely fantastic)

It was fun but i feel a trial should be a summary of what to expect in the full game so you should get a little taste of all it has to offer. If this demo is a true representation of this game then it doesnt seem to offer very much beyond the initial customisation, however from reading various posts it seems that the demo is not a true representation of this game. Even so i dont feel i will be subbing anytime soon. (but i will still delete my characters and roll more just because the character creation is so good)

Orb of Confusion anyone? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)
    edited December 2009
    For me, the demo actually backfired on them. I had bought the game at Best Buy for Xmas but learned about the free demo and loaded it, played it, and read about the game on these forums. I created two characters and took one through to the end of the tutorial, reaching level 6. My other drove home the point I'd read about on the forums about the repetitive nature of play.

I didn't open the game I'd purchased, but rather opted to continue dabbling with the free demo. There was much I liked about the game, but frankly I didn't find much pleasure in doing the same thing over and over -- especially while reading in these forums about the limited content in the full game.

So I returned the game, unopened, to Best Buy ... and returned to City of Heroes.
    edited December 2009
    As stated by others, this is one of the weakest demo's i've ever played. Not being able to get new abilities is a huge issue. I wont be buying this game by any means... But, i'm kind of dissappointed that I even bothered with the download and the boring playtime.

Hope you guys did better with Star Trek Online...but i doubt it...
    edited January 2010
    Here's another four Referral Keys!

EDIT: All codes redeemed!
    edited January 2010
    Thank you SOO much TELRU. I used one of your keys and now i'm playing the trial version :) It's fun! This is what the "demo" should be like. I might go and buy this game after all :) Ciao!
    edited January 2010
    Eh, wrong thread. :p
    edited January 2010
    I'm glad to see people making use of these codes.

EDIT: All keys taken! Look down for more!

Oh, a tip for new players!

If you plan on purchasing Champions Online, try to do so through Steam. It is at a discounted price ($10.19 vs original of $29.99) and gives you a Steampunk Action Figure and two devices which gives your character's arms some nice glow-ly and electrical auras.
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, I'll get on with this code giving business too!

EDIT: All gone!
    edited January 2010
    I got a couple of keys to that aren't going anywhere too, guess I'll post 'em:

Edit: All gone, will post more.

As always though, if you want a referral feel free to send me a PM with your email addy, got a few I can give away still.
    edited January 2010
    Nice, Mr. Funsocks!
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: All taken! Check next page!
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: All gone again!
    edited January 2010
    Just a reminder! Steam is selling Champions Online for $10.19 (discount from reg. $29.99) till the end of today. The key gives you a Steampunk AF and two devices that grant your character lightning auras on your arms!

EDIT: There are still keys available! Just look two posts up! ;)
    edited January 2010
    Woot! I got more keys to give out!

CORAF-D8C4F-QXN6Q-4CXGE-P8QFN

CORAF-D7LEJ-BC7VL-LHLLX-R7P66

CORAF-C6EML-WU6XF-RXTL3-Y3QHR

CORAF-D48K6-QMDNB-3XC3P-K3A7P

CORAF-D4BGN-DFL4U-YXA7U-TMWQ9

CORAF-D4GH4-6Y3UM-JUACM-7463W

CORAF-BTTWG-48FPM-LRB6G-7ECEA
    edited January 2010
    So in Demo you can't hit the Powerhouse and see the different powers you will be able to use in Game? That't too bad, Really, they should have ended the demo in PH letting you see the weapons available to you and demo ones you can get at level under 10 somewhere. If they are that uptight then let you use them in Powerhouse only. BattleRoom isnt the best but good enough to get an idea.
    edited January 2010
    Only a few more hours till the Steam offer ends! :eek:
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: All gone yet again!
    edited January 2010
    Thank you very much for posting these keys. I'd been waiting for a demo or trial option to try out this game for a while, and I finally hear that they have one, go directly to download and install it, sitting her watching the bar fill and daydreaming over what I want to play first...

And apparently the Demo is broken. Has been giving me an unspecified Billing Support error for the last two hours. :mad:

I used the second one from the post above mine.
    edited January 2010
    If you guys keep posting keys we might have a chance to give players the kind of demo they deserve. Good job guys!
    edited January 2010
    I'll keep giving out more as people use them. ;)

EDIT: Next page, go go!
    edited January 2010
    Winter Event ending? Bah humbug!

At least the key giveaway won't stop! Ever!

EDIT: Gone, gone, GONE! :eek:
    edited January 2010
    More keyses:

Edit- Gone
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for giving out keys, i really apreciate actually testing this game out.
    But so faar im not to impressed with it all, ignoring the obviusly massivly annoying screams from the server,
    A.K.A lagg, there is still nothing i havent seen before in this game, the char visual customization is ok pretty much the same as COH, The skills are actually less customizable since in COH you had actual boosts of individual skill that could change alot more of the basic skill, i was kind of hoping that you finally got to the point where you could fully customize your skills, effects animations and all but i gues not.
    The rest of the game is quite standard, although i havent actually gotten to faar and im sure theres things youl get at higher lvls or something like that so faar as a test im not sold.
    edited January 2010
    Actually, I'm really grateful for these keys guys. I've been trying to get a few friends interested in the game, but of course when they tried out the crappy demo released by Cryptic, they were totally uninterested. Only being able to fight low lvl guys, and use two powers, not to mention no travel power, they thought that this was a sad game. I had to agree with them, I mean you can't even team up, add friends, or msg ppl in game with one of those 'demos'. Now that I gave them a friend key, they can check out what the game is really like, and I personally find it very fun (when u can actually access the features). Many thanks!
    edited January 2010
    Mmmm, another batch of keys -
    Edit: Gone
    edited January 2010
    This seems like a good place to ask rather than create a new thread, so here goes.

A few friends of mine are interested in purchasing this game, and the fact that there is a free demo as well as the referral program seems like a safe bet to let them try out the game and get a feel for it. However, I was wondeirng how does the transition between these phases work. For example:

1.) Friend downloads the client, registers for the free demo, and plays through the tutorial for an unlimited time.

2.) I send said friend a referral code. Aside from the bonus action figure and other bonuses for referring people, will my friend be able to essentially put in this code to upgrade the status of their account, giving them 10 days of access to the full game?

3.) Purchases the game (perhaps through steam or cryptic) and receives a key. After putting in this key, they've purchased the full game probably with an included free 30 days. In addition to this, since I referred them we have the special bonuses such as being put into each other's friend lists, able to warp to each other's positions, etc.

Is this generally how the transition works?
    edited January 2010
    As long as your friend didn't pay for a subscription before, the referral should work on top of the demo (demo key?). My bro had a beta key and preorder key and was able to use the referral key I gave him.
    edited January 2010
    You know the drill. :cool:

EDIT: Move on, nothing to see here. :cool:
    edited January 2010
    Even more keys!

EDIT: No keys! :eek:
    edited January 2010
    I have one key avaiilable right now.

Edit...

It has been Redemeed.
    edited January 2010
    I'll go ahead and post a full batch, see how many takers are still out there:

Edit: Gone

Also, anyone who is doing the trial, you're more than welcome to join my SG (The League of Fantastic Gentlepersons) if you need a place to call home/ask questions during the trial. It's sort of the purpose of the thing ;)
    edited January 2010
    There indeed does still seem to be demand. Some more keys:

Edit: gone
    edited January 2010
    hi guys , just tried out demo. WORTHLESS it said lvl 15 max, and i cleared the tutorial zone got to lvl 6 then no acces to crisis :S does the key's give some kinda full game time in 10 days or what? please if anyone should
    have any keys left please post them via PM or here please. I would be very greatful
    edited January 2010
    :eek: -> All gone!
    edited January 2010
    ty so much mann :D:D:D though account service temporarily down :S:S ?
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: Gone!
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Edit: That batch gone.
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: One key left!

CORAF-F8CUN-3TKXP-MLG7N-LHHCR
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for all the codes guys :)

Also all the code on the earlier pages are used.

Hope that helps a little :)
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the codes dude's. Used TELRU's: CORAF-FV7YK-LDL7X-PMAC6-F6VDV. Can't wait to finally try this game out.
    edited January 2010
    EDIT: Moved to next page!
    edited January 2010
    Activation key CORAF-FX84B-CKEH7-WAEVY-H8RPY has now been used.