test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Cryptic Launcher Autoupdater is not working. I get a patching error when I try to the launch the game.Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im getting :Trying to update launcher please be patient.. then it times out..

and as usual noone from the comapny we gave our money to gives a rats to reply
    edited September 2009
    Yep same probleme. Every day there is another probleme...:(
    edited September 2009
    Korhagen wrote:
    Im getting :Trying to update launcher please be patient.. then it times out..

and as usual noone from the comapny we gave our money to gives a rats to reply

Blizzard?!?! O you mean Cryptic
    edited September 2009
    I have the same exact problem.

Would please someone tell us what is the problem and/or if they're working on int?

And please, please, please, don't tell my I've to update a driver or that my graphic board is overheating....
    edited September 2009
    so what the hell? we paid 50 bucks for a window that says "be patient"? i can make one that says"you're boned" for free
    edited September 2009
    Having the damned same problem, WTH?
    edited September 2009
    me too , i have the same , porblem "conection was idle for too long"
    edited September 2009
    same problem
    edited September 2009
    I'm having this issue, too...the fact that it's not just me is somewhat comforting; at least it seems to be a problem on Cryptic's end, and not the hardware's.

Having said that, I'd appreciate it if they could give us some kind of notification as to what's going on here, while they try to resolve the issue. Just my opinion.
    edited September 2009
    same problem with FF 3.0.11
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I got into the game earlier, but then I crashed, and now I can't log in because the Patcher keeps timing out.
    edited September 2009
    I have the same problem. Need help!
    edited September 2009
    Best part of it is that the website says the server is working all fine and dandy.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here. Very annoying.
    edited September 2009
    Ditto. Hopefully someone at Cryptic will let us know what's happening.
    edited September 2009
    I cannot, in good conscience, support Cryptic.
    edited September 2009
    Well, Cryptic obviously doesn't realize the problem yet, or they would have posted soemthing I would think. So, maybe adding more posts will help in bringing it to their attention.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here, logged out yesterday after could'nt leave power house or send messages in the chat channel and then patcher keeps timing out today :/
    edited September 2009
    Same here, I crashed 5 mins ago and now patcher timing out >.> btw server is online my m8 is playing right now.

Hope we get a solution soon...
    edited September 2009
    I'll chime in to note that I'm also having the same problem.

But @Korhagen:
    "and as usual noone from the comapny we gave our money to gives a rats to reply "
    ...you posted that approximately 60 seconds after the initial post?!? When it's 4:01 am at the Cryptic offices on the West Coast?!?! :confused:
    We can be frustrated about the bugs and birth pangs (and postpartum depression issues? ;)) but...let's try to keep a little bit of perspective here, m'kay? Yeah, we've paid a lot of money to play (~~ $270 so far here -- lifetime subscription, game purchase, hint book, sales taxes) but...it's not a vital health & safety mission-critical system (which is what I work with at my job) so...PERSPECTIVE? Please?

Honestly, being overly-dramatic about issues like this is like the boy crying wolf, and makes it more likely that real, game-breaking issues will be neglected longer...

--@ayelmar
    edited September 2009
    I dare say not being able to log in is fairly game-breaking
    edited September 2009
    Not up yet, shame I had to logout from work and come home :) I was doing fine there.
    edited September 2009
    Ditto.

Tried to go into the Champions folder and bypass the launcher to see if I could just get into the game, and it's timing out on connecting to the account server. Had this problem once during OB, submitted a ticket, and never got a response.
    edited September 2009
    After having the same problem, I bypassed the launcher (Champions Online.exe) and went straight to GameClient.exe. The game started, and asked me to log in. Once I entered my username/pwd, it said "Contacting Account Server" and then the account server timed out. Maybe this helps present a clearer picture of what's going on.

At least I got to hear some game music unti lit booted me off.

T.
    edited September 2009
    cant log in.. dammit...

going back to WoW...
    edited September 2009
    Ayelmar wrote:

Honestly, being overly-dramatic about issues like this is like the boy crying wolf, and makes it more likely that real, game-breaking issues will be neglected longer...

overdramatic?

we cant log in.
    edited September 2009
    Wow i have the worst luck, literally just purchased the game and we get this :p
    edited September 2009
    Only just bought this game, not a good way to start....

Hope someone at cryptic gets their finger out and fixes this.......
    edited September 2009
    Thorgald wrote:
    overdramatic?

we cant log in.

your retarded. My post is done.
    edited September 2009
    Thorgald wrote:
    overdramatic?

we cant log in.

Nope. We can't. But Ayelmar makes a valid point. The Cryptic staff is neither omniscient nor omnipotent. They are based in a time zone where it is currently earlier than most normal, working human being are even awake and conscious. There is every possibility that they are not aware of the issue yet, and will promptly work to resolve it once they are. Give them some time to get up to speed before you hit the rage button, you know?

(also, Ayelmar, I love all of your character designs in that signature, except for the Eagle Eye archer, who feels a little cliche. Otherwise, awesome stuff!)
    edited September 2009
    Launcher hates me too. :(
    edited September 2009
    Same issue here...
    "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" window appears saying "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient." After a couple of minutes it times out.

At first I thought it might be an issue with the retail client. I was still using the downloaded client from Fileplanet until last night. I picked up my retail copy yesterday, un-installed the downloaded beta then installed the retail client but didn't try to log in using it until this morning.
    edited September 2009
    The game does seem to have gotten off to a bit of a shaky start.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem but **** happens, it's early o clock in the morning over there, it'll be fixed.
    edited September 2009
    @tirith

great tip !! worked for me...

sigh.. azeroth can wait...
    edited September 2009
    your red text makes baby jesus cry
    edited September 2009
    Thorgald wrote:
    overdramatic?

we cant log in.

And it's not likely to be an ongoing issue. Again, birth pangs...

Game breakers are like my poor Blue...Sunday, she was able to handle a couple of MOBs her own level...Then "the Patch" and now she gets curb-stomped by stuff 3 levels below her every time she steps foot outside of Greenskin.... :(

(and @Taurmin:
    "The game does seem to have gotten off to a bit of a shaky start."
    True...but who here was a victim of the Anarchy Online launch?
    *sadly raises hand*
    Now that was the mother of all shaky starts....;)

So, maybe I have a different perspective than a lot of folks.....
    edited September 2009
    yep same here... little updater box, then it says timed out...
    edited September 2009
    this what i get for rebooting my computer due to lag same problem tried the bypass no luck well heres hoping dragon con takes my champions blues away lets hope for a champions panel
    edited September 2009
    Ya, same issue for me.... argh! this game is so much fun!
    I just logged onto Warhammer Online, it's a ghost town...
    What to play... what to play...
    edited September 2009
    Same issue. Ive commented in another post as well, but I figure if we build a big enough post, someone will notice us and say SOMETHING at least.
    edited September 2009
    While I sympathize with the fact that not everyone is up at all hours, this is a poor excuse for an MMO as a reson for not responding with any information regarding a problem. Why>?

At any given time, there will be people playing this game over a multitude of different time-zones, so you cannot absolve yourself of responsibility for monitoring the stability of your network during all times of day because your staff is asleep..

Why? Well, exactly because of an issue like the one we have now. There should be at least a minimum of knowledgeable personnel on hand or on call to respond to an issue like this with an update at the least.

So, while this kind of thing does happen, and more frequently than it should, it is still a poor excuse.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem, just got the game, started the launcher once, logged out to go out for a few minutes, got back and now nothing happens when after I see the autoupdate... fun
    edited September 2009
    Just for numbers, I am having problems with the auto updater too. Logged out 10 mins ago and could not get back in. Tried the game client directly and wont go past the account server.

Cheers :)
    edited September 2009
    Yeah... was looking forward to playing a bit before heading out this morning, and encountered this. -.-;;

It's annoying, sure, but it doesn't mean the game's trash / the devs don't care. It's the first week of the official release; there's bound to be hiccups.
    edited September 2009
    same here, guess no fun before work, sigh.....
    edited September 2009
    generical wrote:
    While I sympathize with the fact that not everyone is up at all hours, this is a poor excuse for an MMO as a reson for not responding with any information regarding a problem. Why>?

At any given time, there will be people playing this game over a multitude of different time-zones, so you cannot absolve yourself of responsibility for monitoring the stability of your network during all times of day because your staff is asleep..

Why? Well, exactly because of an issue like the one we have now. There should be at least a minimum of knowledgeable personnel on hand or on call to respond to an issue like this with an update at the least.

So, while this kind of thing does happen, and more frequently than it should, it is still a poor excuse.

Hey, babycry. **** happens. Man up and deal with it. No mmo is pristine and perfect on a fresh launch no matter what you may think in your deluded little gimme-gimme-I-want-it-now world. All things considered Cryptic has had far less issues on launch than just about every MMO I can think of. They'll fix the problem, you'll get your gaming fix, all will be right in the world again.

Normally I hate being so blunt but your whiny post warrants it.
    edited September 2009
    I'm having this issue, too...the fact that it's not just me is somewhat comforting; at least it seems to be a problem on Cryptic's end, and not the hardware's.

Having said that, I'd appreciate it if they could give us some kind of notification as to what's going on here, while they try to resolve the issue. Just my opinion.

They are all probably at home still sleeping, lol.
    edited September 2009
    Same Issue, Just Hangs On Launcher. Please Be Patient. Please Fix This It Is Really Annoying And I Can't Play The Game.
    edited September 2009
    same problem