test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/11/2019

kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,223 Cryptic Developer
edited April 12 in Release Notes
Defender's National Training Program Event
Starting at April 12th 12:00am server time, we will be running a week long event where players are tasked with getting a brand new character to 40! Getting a new character to 40 will net the following rewards:
  • Jazzercise emotes (account unlock)
  • Overachiever Title and Perk (claimable once per character on your account)
  • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens (claimable once per account)

The event has the following rules:
  • The character must be created and leveled to 40 within these dates: April 12th, 12:00am to April 18th, 11:59pm
  • Characters created before these dates will not count.

Upon reaching 40 you will be awarded the Overachiever perk and Jazzercise emotes. You can claim the title and tokens from the Bonus tab in the ZEN store.
If you are not granted the perk immediately, please try logging your character on and off.
Every character on your account can claim the title once achieved, not just the one leveled.
it doesn't matter how you get to 40.

Foxbatcon
  • Foxbatcon is over! The vendors will stick around a week.
  • Added currency exchange items for many of the costumes in the Swag Bags.

Lockbox
The Scion Lockbox is out! This lockbox can contain the following rewards:
  • Scion Costume Box
  • Electric Slide Travel Power Unlock
  • Electric Hover Disk Travel Power Unlock
  • Transcendence Power Unlock
  • Jazzhands Emote
  • Lightning Bolt Costume Transformation
  • Power Stone Costume Transformation

The Scion Costume Box can contain the following costumes:
  • Scion Tights 1
  • Scion Tights 2
  • Scion Collar
  • Scion Cape
  • Scion Shoulders
  • Scion Emblem 1
  • Scion Emblem 2
  • Scion Bracers 1
  • Scion Bracers 2
  • Scion Belt 1
  • Scion Belt 2
  • Scion Leg Armor 1
  • Scion Leg Armor 2
  • Scion Greaves 1
  • Scion Greaves 2

ZEN Store
New Key Pack!
  • 20x Cosmic keys of Power
  • Bulwark Armor Costume
  • 25x Valerian Scarlet's Radiance mods, boosts Celestial damage
  • 3x Triumphant Recoveries
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

UI
  • Characters in the select screen will now be sorted by last logged in.

Account
  • Increased max character slots to 120 (from 100).

Performance
  • Players should no longer get a message stating their drivers are out of date.

Auction
  • Increased result cap to 999 (from 400).

Costumes
  • Golden Age Star and Golden Age Lightning Bolt emblems can be set to glow.

Powers
Illumination
  • Increased area effect to 20ft.

New Power: Transcendence
  • Ultimate
  • Repels targets and after a short time knocks them upwards.
  • Heals or resurrects nearby allies for a fixed amount of health. This amount does not scale with anything other than rank but increases if allies are affected by Illumination.
  • Leaves behind a Transcended Rune, which acts like a regular healing rune but will resurrect players standing in it periodically. This resurrect has a limited target cap and its frequency depends on rank. Players resurrected by this ability cannot be resurrected by it again for a set amount of time.
  • The healing on the rune also increases if the target is affected by Illumination.
  • This rune cannot be stacked.
​​
Post edited by kaizerin on

Comments

• salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    Last logged in is going to be super annoying.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 188 Arc User

kaizerin wrote: »
    Defender's Training Program Event
    Starting at April 12th 12:00am server time, we will be running a week long event where players are tasked with getting a brand new character to 40! Getting a new character to 40 will net the following rewards:
    • Jazzercise emotes (account unlock)
    • Overachiever Title and Perk (claimable once per character on your account)
    • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens (claimable once per account)

The event has the following rules:
    • The character must be created and leveled to 40 within these dates: April 12th, 12:00am to April 18th, 11:59pm
    • Characters created before these dates will not count.

Upon reaching 40 you will be awarded the Overachiever perk and Jazzercise emotes. You can claim the title and tokens from the Bonus tab in the ZEN store.
    If you are not granted the perk immediately, please try logging your character on and off.
    Every character on your account can claim the title once achieved, not just the one leveled.

[/list]

Challenge accepted! :)
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 662 Arc User
    Ooh time to create an alt then =)
    Link to my build thread on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346940077
    Broken parser test here: https://gyazo.com/25ccc5aaa2f98523d217ffe0c07e1dbb
    @shadowolf505 in game, same on the forums too.
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited April 11
    Not excited about the new character select change.. but everything else is extremely yay! People are already very excited about doing some power leveling! That was a great idea : )
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • atherrisatherris Posts: 30 Arc User

UI

How many people said not to do this, yet you still did?.. Why?..
  • happy about most changes, really thank you ^_^

as of the character select screen change, why would you go through with something that everyone says they don't want and will only cause them more issues?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 4,840 Arc User
    edited April 11
    UI
    Characters in the select screen will now be sorted by last logged in.
    WOW, Great Job guys at completely ignoring your playerbase's feedback and pleas about this change
    Not even gonna hold back this stupid feature to make it more customizable aren't you? You had a MAJORITY of people telling NO about this over 1 week and pointing out all the issues about this change
    Yeah go ahead and ignore the majority of your playerbase
    b3e.jpg_large

Oh man, I can't wait to log in and completely lose track of my 72 characters' position which I got used over 8 years
    WOW what a great quality of life this is​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,176 Arc User
    Love the response to the player pleads
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    PER👏SO👏NAL👏 MAGNI👏FIERS👏!!

And of course, the devs didn't care what the players said about the Character Select in the PTS. Typical devs forcing players to adapt to their ideas~
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • atherrisatherris Posts: 30 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    UI
    WOW, Great Job guys at completely ignoring your playerbase's feedback and pleas about this change
    Not even gonna hold back this stupid feature to make it more customizable aren't you? You had a MAJORITY of people telling NO about this over 1 week and pointing out all the issues about this change
    b3e.jpg_large

Oh man, I can't wait to log in and completely lose track of my 72 characters' position which I got used over 8 years

I have 40 characters I know knew the position of... as said in quoted: Disgusting. Why did they bother putting it on PTS to test if they're not going to listen to everyone who commented saying "Do not do this."
  • atherris wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »
    UI
    b3e.jpg_large

I have 40 characters I know knew the position of... as said in quoted: Disgusting. Why did they bother putting it on PTS to test if they're not going to listen to everyone who commented saying "Do not do this."

3 pages of characters here so around the same number lol. this is definitely gonna be annoying.

• slinkiisuslinkiisu Posts: 15 Arc User
    You are officially my arch-nemesis.
    Plus leveling up a toon just for an emote is not much incentives for a LT player.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 3,308 Arc User
    The vast majority of players rejected this? Why ask for feedback if you aren't going to go with what 90% of the responses told you?

UI

aMxOJ0g.png

Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 398 Arc User
    This sort change is confusing and just doesn't fit the game. Feels thoughtlessly hamfisted rather than delicately considered, especially since the character select screen is something some of us have intentionally cultivated for over 9 years now?? What is even the point? (I feel just awful for any players with OCD. This may have made the game unplayable for some.)

I want to hope that this could lead to more practical UI changes when it comes to the character select screen (like the long wanted ability to do it manually) but I severely doubt it.

Oh well, we'll get used to it, I guess. No other choice now. Other things in the patch notes are neat.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Challenge and other things sound fun, but
    UI

this is going to be super annoying with multiple pages of characters and I really wish the devs had reconsidered. It's a quality of life change in that it will negatively impact many players' experience with the game.

f66.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,655 Arc User
    edited April 11
    UI

2yc01f.jpg
    EDIT: actually 2 minutes after I posted this I really thought about the change's implications and completely changed my mind.
    2yc9yf.jpg​​
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 12 Arc User
    Sorry, but this new character sorting was a bad idea. If you want to make it easier for altaholics, just turn the sorting to creation date newest first would have been a much better alternative.

For someone like me, who goes through all their characters once a week for Vigilance this sorting by last logged in is extremely confusing.
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 55 Arc User

This needs to be an option along with the old sorting method. Having a constantly shifting selection screen is incredibly awful.
    I imagine them sitting around with champagne toasting each other to the great addition to the game! Well done! This is revolutionary!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 3,308 Arc User
    edited April 11
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever use these? Doesn't seem like much of a reward.

10x Energy Surge Plus
    aMxOJ0g.png

Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited April 11

This needs to be an option along with the old sorting method. Having a constantly shifting selection screen is incredibly awful.

Now that I've logged in I see why they couldn't make it optional in the way I was picturing it. It's not a per-selection thing, they changed the entire sorting method of the list. aka when you login next you'll see that your entire list has already been resorted by last login date. Making this optional would mean switching between sorting methods for the entire list at once, not one selection at a time. A drop-down for sorting methods would have been a better addition than just swapping it wholesale like this ._.​​
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 398 Arc User
    My theory is they were more than likely forced by higher powers to bring the game in line with other Cryptic games, which apparently all use last log in sorting. I don't blame our devs, but I am disgruntled nonetheless.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 358 Arc User

UI

giphy.gif

Wow... What a way to ostracize your players... Basically, a middle finger and laugh at our faces...
    mal_sig_zpslcumq0li.jpg
    Or.....they could have just not done it at all.
  • melphyx2melphyx2 Posts: 171 Arc User

melphyx.deviantart.com | Youtube.com/c/Melphyx
    Admin & Pro Editor @ Champions Online | Star Trek Online | Neverwinter
    Azaroth | Scion Of Set | Jane Drugov | The Yoke Of Babylon | Fate & Twilight Of The Gods

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 11
    My favorite part of the new character sorting is that it was unironically called a "quality of life change". Which I guess, in the literal sense of the phrase, it is, but you'd think those should improve quality of life.

EDIT to add:
    Ahahahaha holy crap, I just logged in and I already hate the new character select screen so, so, so, so, so much. Just an awful job, really.
    maleb666 wrote: »
    a way to ostracize your players... Basically, a middle finger and laugh at our faces...

Oh good, I'm glad people aren't exaggerating or being hyperbolic about this o3o​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 4,840 Arc User
    edited April 11
    When we said that CO needed some of the STO's and NWO's Features, we didn't mean THIS feature, this goes against the whole concept of CO's
    This is Quality of Life for people with only 10 characters, Altitis Veterans get royally screwed! What were you thinking? Why did you thought this was OK?

And all this the same time the Characters' limit get increased to 120, what the hell DEVs?​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited April 11
    But, but what if i'm in character limit and can't make new ones....
    And now the Character Selection is like crazy mix up of Marvel and DC characters, all their teams broken down....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!