What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change the healer/aura dynamic.

2»

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yes, but, AoPM#2 is less valuable than #1, and #3 even less so.
    It's not like that's particularly different from healers in general. There is very little content in this game that has much use for more than one healer (cosmics tend to be stressful with fewer than two).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It's not like that's particularly different from healers in general. There is very little content in this game that has much use for more than one healer (cosmics tend to be stressful with fewer than two).

Hence why there is value in turning some of those extra healers into dps-aura users, and healers who can dps instead of just standing there wishing somebody's health would go down.​​
  • Options
    redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    I just wanna say i'm definitely here for anything that deals with a diversity of Support type builds. I am even more happy that this conversation is even happening and taking place and i think its been long overdue. I look forward to any positive feedback and ideas that can actively bring more creativity and fresh ideas to this topic at hand. Also i love everyone's thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    I just wanna say i'm definitely here for anything that deals with a diversity of Support type builds. I am even more happy that this conversation is even happening and taking place and i think its been long overdue. I look forward to any positive feedback and ideas that can actively bring more creativity and fresh ideas to this topic at hand. Also i love everyone's thoughts on the matter.

+1​​
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    opalflame wrote: »
    but what if my healer-that-actually-has-some-offensive-capability likes melee?

Healer Forms have the same bonus for both ranged and melee, so there would be no issue going ranged, melee, or even a mix of the two.​​

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been very active lately. My point is "Compassion now scales with Ego" would make it annoying to use on melee characters, unless another version was made that scaled on something else. Why should a healer who prefers melee attacks be required to dump a bunch of stuff into a stat that is otherwise useless to them, while a ranged healer gets to enjoy the benefits of having their form scaling off the stat that also increases their damage?
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    opalflame wrote: »
    Sorry for the late response, I haven't been very active lately. My point is "Compassion now scales with Ego" would make it annoying to use on melee characters, unless another version was made that scaled on something else. Why should a healer who prefers melee attacks be required to dump a bunch of stuff into a stat that is otherwise useless to them, while a ranged healer gets to enjoy the benefits of having their form scaling off the stat that also increases their damage?

Solution: Add more healing Forms.​​