test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Power Changes

Comments

• kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,179 Cryptic Developer
    RIP EBP.
    It still has some applications, but yeah, no longer 'clearly the best power for all melee builds' (I had no idea it was supposed to increase crit chance on other powers, I assumed the crit chance boost was for EBP).

It was supposed to just increase your crit rate overall, but none of that was working.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,460 Arc User
    edited February 2
    however I have one complaint, the threat buff works off ego leech now which means you are forced to have a way to stack ego leech if you want to use the power, and that's kind of annoying to fit in on most endgame tank builds specially dodge tanks who are forced to fit in a ton of other stuff..

I'm sure that was exactly why they did that. Specifically to make it more difficult to just jam it into any ol build. It is now nicely tied to TK, just like it should be ^_^
    Stacking Ego Leech isn't hard to do, but you will now have to at least devote a power to it.​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2
    spinnytop wrote: »
    however I have one complaint, the threat buff works off ego leech now which means you are forced to have a way to stack ego leech if you want to use the power, and that's kind of annoying to fit in on most endgame tank builds specially dodge tanks who are forced to fit in a ton of other stuff..

I'm sure that was exactly why they did that. Specifically to make it more difficult to just jam it into any ol build. It is now nicely tied to TK, just like it should be ^_^
    Stacking Ego Leech isn't hard to do, but you will now have to at least devote a power to it.​​

I understand your point, but dodge tanks for example.. being stuck to one set and requiring a bunch of stuff, plus needing a debuff, active defenses, etc. you don't have room for an attack to stack ego leech, and if you happen to want that ultimate, you're screwed on the threat part. since no ego leech.

my point is, to consider still giving it a general threat buff, but to nerf it so it's not as overpowered as it used to be.
    Eh, dodge tanks are pretty good even without ebp. Just think of it this way, now you have an extra power slot you can use to stack more dodge chance!​​
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 290 Community Moderator
    Do bear in mind, Tanks.
    Ultimates are nice, absolutely never necessary.
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 35 Arc User
    So I see folks saying EBP is nerfed, but from my own testing the power is now, atleast for non-themed builds, much stronger than it was when the power COULD crit.

The crit bonus per stacks of ego leech didnt work, as stated in the notes. But on PTS they do, and with proper specs and superstats you can see yourself at 80% or above crit chance during EBP (I was sitting on 84% while testing this)

So what does this mean? Well, when I popped EBP I didnt rupture my Ego Leech stacks til the last second of the Ult's duration. Instead I opted to spam out as many Dragon Claw casts as I could, and with such a high crit chance not a single one during my tests failed to critically hit, resulting in a massive gain as opposed to the damage EBP was doing when it could crit (but not granting it's crit bonus)

With that said I did find the build borderline disgusting, so it's something I'll never use on live. But I can easily see people pick it up with how it pretty much guarantees critical hits for 8 seconds. Now lets see what happens when we stack it with AoAC and Nanobot swarm. . .
    Ingame handle @Wartrain
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 3
    Sure, but what I did can apply to any melee charge attack. Just replace DC with your charge spam move of choice and there you go.

Questionable how well it'd work with Haymaker though as you are likely to just get 3 charges off, if not 2.
    Ingame handle @Wartrain
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,396 Arc User
    Shouldn't most top end DC builds be critting near constantly anyways?​​
    Post fixes to Avenger spec, I don't generally see overall crit rates above the low 50s, so it's a considerable bonus, but it requires you to actually build for ego leech stacks, which isn't free.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 3
    Happy with the Pandemonium "nerf" (I'd call it a Fix myself, but I digress).
    It's never really exciting when everyone uses the same power.

Not entirely certain about the Lance Rain changes but in all fairness it is meant to be used ocasionally when the proper situation arises (mobs are gathered up nicely and theres more than just two or three AND with five stacks of Ego Leech), so I don't think the Cooldown is going to be that big of a problem... or at least I hope so.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,071 Arc User
    Time for me to say bye-bye for Ego build with [Medusa Presence R9]...
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Time for me to say bye-bye for Ego build with [Medusa Presence R9]...

That's the opposite of what happened o3o​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 4
    solhuset wrote: »
    So I see folks saying EBP is nerfed, but from my own testing the power is now, atleast for non-themed builds, much stronger than it was when the power COULD crit.

The crit bonus per stacks of ego leech didnt work, as stated in the notes. But on PTS they do, and with proper specs and superstats you can see yourself at 80% or above crit chance during EBP (I was sitting on 84% while testing this)

So what does this mean? Well, when I popped EBP I didnt rupture my Ego Leech stacks til the last second of the Ult's duration. Instead I opted to spam out as many Dragon Claw casts as I could, and with such a high crit chance not a single one during my tests failed to critically hit, resulting in a massive gain as opposed to the damage EBP was doing when it could crit (but not granting it's crit bonus)

With that said I did find the build borderline disgusting, so it's something I'll never use on live. But I can easily see people pick it up with how it pretty much guarantees critical hits for 8 seconds. Now lets see what happens when we stack it with AoAC and Nanobot swarm. . .

Part if that is the silly mechanic where once you have 5 Leech stacks, EBA or Lance build those back all up on its own after rupturing. That makes EBA or Lance a power to tack on just for a nice dps boost even without EBP.

I think it would be much better if Ego Infusion doubled Leech stacks gained from other powers, in stead of rebuilding them all in its own.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    It does not seem unreasonable to have Ego Blade Pandemonium synergize with the core Ego Blade mechanic, to me. Most ults don't even have a threat bonus adv option anyway.
  • kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,179 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20190108.19
    ​​
  • naciiitonaciiito Posts: 825 Arc User
    The new Bestial Ultimate references "Rage stacks". What are Rage stacks?

it should say enraged​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    hxTY7Ot.jpg
    This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    All pretty neat stuff.

Some suggestions:

Suggestion
    Dimensional Collapse
    Too many different SFX going on. I'd change or remove the explosion one since it contrasts thematically with the void pull/dissipation SFX at the beginning and end of the power

Suggestion
    Feral Rage
    Add SFX to the power. Maybe a heartbeat SFX.
    Add a client sided HUD for the power. Something akin to this
    but more bloody looking. Maybe blur the periphermy of the screen akin to "being blinded by rage"
    ​​
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    I would say make the HUD optional if we're going that far.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
    I would say make the HUD optional if we're going that far.

"that far"? it's just a lil bit on the sides :P nothing important happens there anyways​​
    BTW since Darkness is getting a pass, please take a look at Endbringer's Grasp​​
    (sorry about the multi post, but I have PTSD over editing posts)
    Suggestion
    Feral Rage
    Have the power give you a bonus to charge speed on Bestial powers (to compensate slightly reduce the bonus damage on Bestial Powers).
    ​​
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 576 Arc User
    The darkness EU is barely giving back any juice to attack with, trying INT, EGO, and END, nothing seems to work out. The only way that I could even keep attacking was to stand on a circle. I wasn't able to parse because of this. So, I don't know how the #s look.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Suggestion
    Feral Rage
    In a tank's perspective, I'd say lower the CD on ADs/AOs for like 30secs(or lower). A 1min cd for BOTH is a bit too much, especially if you're NOT running Protector Mastery as a tank. Not to mention you also loose your stacks in the process.

Bug
    Feral Rage
    Doesn't consume all Enrage stacks as the tooltip says. It only consumes 3 stacks. (Personally think it's fine that way. Stacking Enrage isn't as fast as stacking Focus w/ Form of the Tiger.)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 576 Arc User
    Form of the tiger is broken, it's ICD isn't working.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 682 Community Moderator
    Bug
    Shadow Manifestation displays as a Melee-centric form, rather than Ranged.

Advantaged Dimensional Collapse doe not flow well with a DPS rotation. Because Devoid and Fear only last 12 seconds, most builds in typical combat scenarios will see a gap between Fears, and Devoid will fall off before being refreshed.

Suggestion
    Increase Devoid (and possibly Fear) duration to 16 seconds; reduce Dimensional Collapse's cooldown to 10 seconds and cut a few damage ticks to compensate.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 13
    Is that me or nothing applies Devoid inherently anymore ? :|

On a side not, I notice that Munition, Sorcery and Poison all have inherent debuff applier which are also their own refresher. Are they going to be locked behind very obnoxious rotation/locked behind adv to get their debuff, or is this on purpose everything else is a hassle to set up ?
    Post edited by leuchadegoutiere on
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 13
    Suggestion

Make devoid from shadow blast apply on tap as before or reduce it's charge time, many other ranged debuffs for other sets and even melee apply on tap, this power's damage is very low and it has a very long charge time so it is pretty annoying to have to full charge it.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,227 Arc User
    edited February 13
    Is that me or nothing applies Devoid inherently anymore ? :|

Madness Aura does, but that PRE led build style might not be to everyone's taste. Otherwise it's freely available as an Advantage, like most other Debuffs, and with the set having lots of DOT powers, it's worth taking. Shadow Blast does good damage

Some feedback for Kaizerin, then:

New Spirit Reverberation works fine on a traditional Blast/DOT Darkness Ranged build with REC SSS. Much better energy management than the previous EU.

Dimensional Blast - Hmm. I would rather this was a quick Tap/Charge power like TK Burst, with reasonable alpha damage, the knock down and utility functions, rather than another DoT. The set already has Soul Vortex and Ebon Rift to do that. I would also take the Back to the Darkness advantage away from Shadow Blast and add it to this power. I don't really want my basic blast attack removing my Shadow Pets, that's not a handy function - I would rather have it on an occasional utility power like this one.

Ebon Rift - damage on the R3 PTS version of this is 20% down on Live, when comparing a level 30 character with the same stats, gear and everything else. Is this intentional?

Also BUG - Shadow Manifestation is showing as a Melee toggle.

Madness Aura - needs a lot of Energy for a toggle power which - presumably - you're supposed to be running at the same time as other things. It consumes energy much faster than the EU builds it and the damage output appears to be extremely unpredictable. It's potentially good but I've found these "throw object" powers extremely unreliable as you tend to run out of objects quickly or to be reliant on luck to have a decent object to throw. I would prefer this to be more of a Sparkstorm style toggle, to be honest - reasonable energy costs, moderate reliable damage and tying in with useful debuffs. The sound effects are fun, though!

• Bug
    Ebon Rift damage is lower on PTS, no statement on darkness post saying it's damage was lowered.
This discussion has been closed.