test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wtf is Star Trek Discovery and why did the trailer I just watch not make me enthusiastic about it?

2»

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »
    Archer, T'Pol, and Tucker had a sort of (definitely deliberate) Kirk, Spock, McCoy vibe and I like that the most about ENT... also I like ds9 but nepht is kinda right because out of all the star trek shows ds9 has by far the least trekking going on.
    Since those seem to be the general-consensus favorites, maybe that's my problem. Out of all those, I only sort of liked Archer. Tucker's personality didn't feel like a good match for his capability and skillset, so I found him a bit unbelievable. As for T'Pol, she felt like too much like a Zev/Xev Bellringer with pointy ears and logic instead of fiery badassery and...oh Lexx, you were a one-of-a-kind show.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    As for T'Pol, she felt like too much like a Zev/Xev Bellringer with pointy ears and logic instead of fiery badassery and...oh Lexx, you were a one-of-a-kind show.

[looks up picture of T’Pol]
    [looks up picture of Xev]
    [brain asplode]

How did I never notice that before?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Then there's Sybok, who introduced himself as Spock's brother and who Spock would have been just as happy to shoot instead of talking to.

Rule 1: Even-numbered Prime Trek movies do not suck.
    Rule 2: Prime Trek movies evenly divisible by 5 should be erased from canon, even or odd.

That actually happened for ST5. Sybok never happened. If only they had done the same for ST10. I’m sure every STO writer — past, present, and future — agrees with this, because being forced to include Nemesis threw a significant spanner into the works for Legacy of Romulus.

Rule 3: JJ Trek movies are uniformly meh. In case you were wondering.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    That actually happened for ST5. Sybok never happened. If only they had done the same for ST10. I’m sure every STO writer — past, present, and future — agrees with this, because being forced to include Nemesis threw a significant spanner into the works for Legacy of Romulus.
    STO's storyline at LAUNCH was heavily influenced by Nemesis and the 2009 movie. Also the devs clearly liked the Scimitar because it's the flagship of the Romulan Republic.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Lexx had a giant army of space hands u3u​​
    And they devoured an entire universe. This is why sci-fi + drugs = awesome results.

Edit: And let's not forget the alien carrots that entered their hosts through the back door.
    As for T'Pol, she felt like too much like a Zev/Xev Bellringer with pointy ears and logic instead of fiery badassery and...oh Lexx, you were a one-of-a-kind show.

[brain asplode]

Maybe they're long-lost sisters. :D
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Lexx had a giant army of space hands u3u​​
    And they devoured an entire universe. This is why sci-fi + drugs = awesome results.

Edit: And let's not forget the alien carrots that entered their hosts through the back door.

[brain asplode]

Maybe they're long-lost sisters. :D

=)

Sci-fi+drugs get my hearty endorsement!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    We should have a giant army of space hands to fight u3u they'd be easy to model and animate.​​