What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/21/2018

123457»

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    alrii wrote: »
    soulforger wrote: »

Bank slots? Like...normal bank or account bank? The account bank you find in your hideout can have it's inventory expanded through purchases. As for the normal bank, that is expanded by buying more tabs from the bankers with globals. But, I think you only get up to 4 tabs for your character's personal bank.

clarification:
    individual character bank slots for Golds can be increased via Resources, but Silvers cannot, at all

anyway, tangent, but ty for attempting to sort it

Oh, did not know that silvers could not buy new bank slots...that seems...stupid.
  • ilyensilyens Posts: 38 Arc User

Bank slots? Like...normal bank or account bank? The account bank you find in your hideout can have it's inventory expanded through purchases. As for the normal bank, that is expanded by buying more tabs from the bankers with globals. But, I think you only get up to 4 tabs for your character's personal bank.

clarification:
    individual character bank slots for Golds can be increased via Resources, but Silvers cannot, at all

Oh, did not know that silvers could not buy new bank slots...that seems...stupid.

I think they can, from ZEN. But GOLD members can buy the same from Gs at the bankers. So they do not need to spend ZEN for more bank slots.
    However, the only useful banks are the SG bank and hideout bank. Like, making an own SG for your own toons (shared bankslots, a lot, expandable from Gs) or expand the hideout bank from ZEN.
    Since people use group chat for events and for bosses, making an own SG is a really good idea. Joining into a SG where a lot of people are is not important thanks to that.

And for lezar... They did not steal your car. They just took your spoiler that they even announced before they would have done it, claiming that your spoiler is bad to their car. True or not, only they know. But you can do nothing against it.

Personally I would be glad with one new content monthly.
    Farming for the same stuff gets bored after... A year..?
    Players for RP can't keep the game running forever. Especially since Second Life will seduce them sooner or later with its RP freedom that CO cannot give.

It's a shame that this game has potential in it but devs don't keep it alive (cuz the players do for long). Maybe the battle mechanism is old, but this is the only MMO where you have such freedom in building up your character. World of Warcraft has this old mechanism too, even Lineage 2 and both of them are alive and kicking.

New contents and advertisement !
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    ilyens wrote: »

clarification:

I think they can, from ZEN. But GOLD members can buy the same from Gs at the bankers. So they do not need to spend ZEN for more bank slots.
    However, the only useful banks are the SG bank and hideout bank. Like, making an own SG for your own toons (shared bankslots, a lot, expandable from Gs) or expand the hideout bank from ZEN.
    Since people use group chat for events and for bosses, making an own SG is a really good idea. Joining into a SG where a lot of people are is not important thanks to that.

And for lezar... They did not steal your car. They just took your spoiler that they even announced before they would have done it, claiming that your spoiler is bad to their car. True or not, only they know. But you can do nothing against it.

Players for RP can't keep the game running forever. Especially since Second Life will seduce them sooner or later with its RP freedom that CO cannot give.

It's a shame that this game has potential in it but devs don't keep it alive (cuz the players do for long). Maybe the battle mechanism is old, but this is the only MMO where you have such freedom in building up your character. World of Warcraft has this old mechanism too, even Lineage 2 and both of them are alive and kicking.

As far as new content goes, I've never understood all this time why people in the community actually said no to the idea of new content. I mean, why do you not want something to prolong people's willingness to log in/play? New content(done right, not OSM) literally can't hurt the game, it can only help to give people reason to advertise it.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Silvers can buy hideout (shared bank) storage with Zen buuuut Silvers and ex-subscribers can not buy more individual character bank slots even with Zen currently, the requirement states: be a subscriber (then you can purchase with Resources) so this will be another issue if/when subscriptions are discontinued

back on topic:
    i get that champs has not and likely never be (the way things are going) a priority for Cryptic
    and that is... okay
    but why agitate the playerbase?

"costume slots are being made cheaper!!!!!!!" (because account wide cossie slot purchases have gone bye bye)
    "bug/feature... feature/bug... whatever/whatever..." (because ...no official reason... not that it mattered, the phrasing is the bigger issue)

so, can't wait for the third punch coming up at next maintenance
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    I like to joint point out some stuff to you regarding the current main dev for the game
    Kaserin has not made any secret that he is an alt-aphobe
    since he been in charge of dev for the game, a number of changes have been made to the detriment of alt based palyers
    the current change to the origional feature of golds and LTS is more of a relflection of this bias
    the compromise is was made for damage limitations reasons and pascify the current game loyaty base.
    I have been a LTS for quite some time but I now rarely play the game as there far better out there to indulge my time on
    I think the CoH player base had a point, and it seems the WRONG GAME was closed down
    CO has had a problem concerning it's direction and purpose for a very time
    This current change is no different, a shame as it still has a lot of potental
    oh well off to play STO, the division, Tera, GTA Online,GW2, WoT, WoWS,...
    btw STO is still a lot of fun, once you get used to how to play it.
    in CO favour, it is not as toxic as EA corporate culture, but it does seems to be getting close.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Kaserin…… he
    Are you sure you know who you're talking about? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

clarification:

As far as new content goes, I've never understood all this time why people in the community actually said no to the idea of new content. I mean, why do you not want something to prolong people's willingness to log in/play? New content(done right, not OSM) literally can't hurt the game, it can only help to give people reason to advertise it.

Wait? Who in their right mind would say no to new content? That seems counter productive...
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I like to joint point out some stuff to you regarding the current main dev for the game
    since he been in charge of dev for the game, a number of changes have been made to the detriment of alt based palyers
    the current change to the origional feature of golds and LTS is more of a relflection of this bias

Yeah, cause an alt-aphobe would set the character limit somewhere in the range of 50-100.

PS - alt-aphobe is an extremely stupid word and there is no such thing. I hereby award you the award for dumbest conspiracy theory.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    an alt-aphobe would set the character limit

Hey, sometimes you get it right in spite of yourself! Good job!

(Agreed that "alt-aphobe" is a stupid word, though.)
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    the character limit isn't because kaiserin is this or that so stop it, it's because they either don't have server space, or they need to fix performance issues, also I'm mad too about them saying the character slot thing was a bug, but why do I see some people here mad about the price drops? 100 ZEN FOR ONE FF COME ON U CAN GET THAT IN A FEW HOURS WITH QUESTIONITE. im assuming the reason they want us to buy slots is because those don't bypass the character limit. and in return they made slots 1 dollar. 100 zen.

EDIT: please don't get mad at me by the way, I too hate the cap, I love making alts and leveling characters, and my characters mean a lot to me, as a creative writer, artist, and roleplayer, as well as a theme builder, and endgame player.
    i was just addressing the people who are demonizing kaiserin and saying she's an 'alt-o-phobic' or whatever.
    Post edited by johnystelar1 on
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    the character limit isn't because kaiserin is this or that so stop it, it's because they either don't have server space, or they need to fix performance issues, also I'm mad too about them saying the character slot thing was a bug, but why do I see some people here mad about the price drops? 100 ZEN FOR ONE FF COME ON U CAN GET THAT IN A FEW HOURS WITH QUESTIONITE. im assuming the reason they want us to buy slots is because those don't bypass the character limit. and in return they made slots 1 dollar. 100 zen.

But someone can still make a new account and then make new characters. If the servers were out of space no one could make new characters. If performance issues were a thing, then again those who make new accounts would still be affecting that. The 100 zen slot is a normal slot, not a FF slot. (Still a decent price for it, but the FF slot is 3000zen)
    edited June 2018
    This whole thread woudn't have happened or woudn't be as bad as it is, if they proofread their stuff, they never do, that's why there was SO MUCH confusion about the premium pack, and everything else they ever announce

the lack of communication doesn't help either, at all.

but the most important thing, you could have used a better statement
    either: "Hey, this was a feature, but we're removing it now, but we're making slots cheaper, and you can still get them for free with stipend or questionite or whatever."

or "Hey, this was a bug, and we (and/or) the previous dev/marketing team made a mistake, and advertised it as a feature, non the less, we are fixing it, because this bug can cause issues for the game (performance, lack of server space, it bypasses the character slot limit, blah blah) but to compensate we're making slots cheaper, and you can still get them for free with stipend or questionite or whatever."

you know? don't treat the community that supports this game, spends time and money on it, and has stayed loyal to you for years, like they are trash, atleast have a small bit of empathy or better communication

but regardless of that, i'm glad for most of the changes we get, sure I wish we could have more, more powersets, more content, bug fixes etc etc, but still, i'm happy for the changes we're getting, despite me disliking some devs, and stuff, I like a lot of the changes they do. (and dislike some) and I am also grateful that they listened to our feedback regarding the premium pack, thank you.

thank you for the price drops, those are great for everyone.
    draogn wrote: »
    [

But someone can still make a new account and then make new characters. If the servers were out of space no one could make new characters. If performance issues were a thing, then again those who make new accounts would still be affecting that. The 100 zen slot is a normal slot, not a FF slot. (Still a decent price for it, but the FF slot is 3000zen)

i should say, the 100 zen slot can house a freeform if your gold or lifetime, i was stating that, we can't get free slots when we get to 40, but with monthly stipend or questionite we can get 100 zen for slots.

also, you do have a point, but I was just theorizing there, cuz as I stated before, the lack of communication is a big issue, they said it was because of performance issues (or kaiserin did in the discord) but you make a fair point.

It is a fact that the game could handle plenty of development, but for that, players with ideas should be the developers instead of the developers without ideas and mood / reason to develop this game any more further.

The pure shame about the developers' logic is that, they removing stuff they cannot or do not want to fix. As someone mentioned before, buying character-slots do not bypass the character limit while the free slot upon hitting lvl 40 did, perhaps.
    Deleting some lines are always easier than finding the root of the problem and writing code lines to fix that.
    Problem is, it is fine when I do this with my applications written in Action script 3, but it is kinda ridiculous when a released game's developer team doing that.

I suggest that make the game open sourced and let the players work on it !
    You can hate your game and abandon it, but we would like to care about it.

Okay guys, let us start. Magic, water tree.
    Oh, and fix the wind one. Yet, it is a joke !
    spinnytop wrote: »

PS - alt-aphobe is an extremely stupid word and there is no such thing. I hereby award you the award for dumbest conspiracy theory.

I find "hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia" to be worse. That is the fear of long words...
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    You do know that Kaiserin was a player before she became a dev, right? Given the small amount of resources the game has there are limits on what the devs we have can do. One could have the most brilliant devs in the world, but there's only so much even they could do in a finite amount of time each week.

There are times I wish the devs would allow certain trusted players to help with the monkey-work needed for various projects, but that doesn't seem likely.

I do agree with another poster that they could improve their proofreading.
    It is a fact that the game could handle plenty of development, but for that, players with ideas should be the developers instead of the developers without ideas and mood / reason to develop this game any more further.

The pure shame about the developers' logic is that, they removing stuff they cannot or do not want to fix. As someone mentioned before, buying character-slots do not bypass the character limit while the free slot upon hitting lvl 40 did, perhaps.
    Deleting some lines are always easier than finding the root of the problem and writing code lines to fix that.
    Problem is, it is fine when I do this with my applications written in Action script 3, but it is kinda ridiculous when a released game's developer team doing that.

I suggest that make the game open sourced and let the players work on it !
    You can hate your game and abandon it, but we would like to care about it.

Okay guys, let us start. Magic, water tree.
    Oh, and fix the wind one. Yet, it is a joke !

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    there are limits on what the devs we have can do.

Here is a proofreading for you. The statement you just have written above is the manifestation of grammar-incorrectness.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Fortunately, Word thinks the grammar is fine :) Where CO has problems is in actual incorrect or lacking information.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    the character limit isn't because kaiserin is this or that so stop it, it's because they either don't have server space, or they need to fix performance issues,
    It's probably performance. That's been a theme with the "unnecessary" changes Kais has made. She's tweaking things to make the game run smoother.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    the character limit isn't because kaiserin is this or that so stop it, it's because they either don't have server space, or they need to fix performance issues,
    It's probably performance. That's been a theme with the "unnecessary" changes Kais has made. She's tweaking things to make the game run smoother.

As I and others have pointed out, it is partially about performance. I actually have a wait time (up to several minutes) when logging on to my character select screen due to the large number of characters I have. Same thing when I go into the tailor. I do not have these issues when I go into the pts where I have only one character for test purposes.

Is this an issue with the client? Yes, but, limiting things will help prevent such issues for others. Peopel with older machines would be affected worse than I. I remember my older machine before I got this one, it was a pain at times.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Can't say I've noticed the game getting worse with the more characters I've had, it's about as buggy now with over 125 40s with 30 costumes slots as it was with 2 archetypes as with one costume slot each as a sliver when I first started. People take these claims at their word, and maybe some people are having performance issues, but I'm starting to doubt these claims as features are now being retconned as bugs.