test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/21/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
ZEN Store
  • Freeform character slots are now 3000 ZEN (from 5000)
  • Added a 3 pack of Freeform character slots for 6000 ZEN.
  • A single character slot is now 100 ZEN (from 700).
  • Retired the 2 character slot item.
  • Added a 5 pack of character slots for 400 ZEN.
  • Added a 10 pack of character slots for 700 ZEN.

Account
  • The character slot limit has been increased to 100 (from 59).
  • Players who are over this limit will not be able to purchase any more character slots.
  • Players who are over this limit will not lose any of their character slots, even if they delete a character.
  • Addressed a bug where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.
  • This also addresses a bug where players were able to bypass the character slot limit gaining character slots by this method.
  • Going forward, Lifetime and subscribed players will be able to redeem the extra character slot from the Bonus tab in the ZEN store.
  • To redeem this slot, you must get a character to 40 while Lifetime or subscribed.
  • Once you have reached 40, you can redeem the character slot.
  • Item must be redeemed from the ZEN store on a character who has reached level 40.
  • This can be redeemed once per account. Additional level 40 characters will not grant extra free character slots.
  • You can redeem this item even if you have gotten free character slots from leveling characters to 40 prior to this update.
  • However, if you have 100 or more character slots (the character slot limit), you cannot redeem this slot.

Lockbox
  • Added the contents of the Rave lockbox to the Collector store.

Nemesis
  • Added Sai weapon unlock to the Nemesis store.
​​

Comments

• leowyld#9736 leowyld Posts: 18 Arc User
    With the lowered Freeform price, I can (and will) buy a slot today! :D It'll be my first, since I missed out on the free one and haven't subscribed for a long while.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Glad the Max character limit was resolved and the FF slot got lower in price
    So...about that premium pack and the Power Costumization feature ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ebenbrooksebenbrooks Posts: 8 Arc User
    With the lowered Freeform price, I can (and will) buy a slot today! :D It'll be my first, since I missed out on the free one and haven't subscribed for a long while.

But remember, Leo ... for the price of ten FF slots, you can go Lifetime. Just sayin'. (Been LTS since August and I'm loving it.)
  • leowyld#9736 leowyld Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    ebenbrooks wrote: »

But remember, Leo ... for the price of ten FF slots, you can go Lifetime. Just sayin'. (Been LTS since August and I'm loving it.)

I do not have that kind of money at once, ever. Only reason I can afford this freeform is someone gifted me a Steam code. Heh. If I had the means, absolutely would get lifetime, but it's not a realistic goal in my current situation.

Edit P.S.: I'm also not very much of an alter. On games of all genres, I tend to find a character I like and stick with it - even on games like Overwatch, where I'm really not supposed to do that. Gonna have my new freeform racc and there's not really improving on that for me. Heh.
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    ZEN Store
    ​​

Has took nearly 10 years to price drop... hope the next 10 years the price drops to 2000z

Even so, good job for this because is was the pebble in the shoe.

Account
    • Addressed a bug where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.

And here is the bad part of the update...

• gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    ZEN Store

Account
    • Players who are over this limit will not be able to purchase any more character slots.
    • Players who are over this limit will not lose any of their character slots, even if they delete a character.
    • AddressedRemoved a bug feature where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.
    ​​

Good to know they've committed themselves to violating an advertised feature of lifetime subscriptions.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This so called bug about getting a new slot for each level up was actually been a feature since the game was launched. LTS for a game that doesn't put out story content regularly should be happy if people buy LTS and that was a perk for doing that. Now LTS is less valued. This is what used to be on the F2P Matrix that you guys buried.

"You also receive an additional slot for each character that reaches level 40, and as a 200-day Veteran Reward."

So to say it was a bug is a lie. Or are you saying it took almost 9 years to fix a bug?
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Okay, I can see some super-alters getting a little bent out of shape over this, but as an LTS for over four years, and having 61 slots (60 filled – and yes, that means I was already over the previous bugged 59 toon limit), I applaud both the increase to 100, the radical drop in slot prices, and FF price.

However, I have a question: are the slots that I purchase going forward going to be freeform as I am an LTS? By the rights of being an LTS, they should be, but this is the one worry I've always had. If this can be answered clearly, by a member of Cryptic's staff (hearsay and confirmation from other players doesn't cut it for such in important question), I would be grateful and relieved. LTS was always advertised as having freeform slots available as part of the service, so if this is being removed, I'm honestly not going to buy another slot. If it is continued, then I know where my next stipend is going!

With cheaper slots, my altaholicism will never be cured!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! *cough, cough*
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Posts: 41 Arc User
    Addressed a bug where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after. ​​

A "bug" that has been around since launch, touted as a feature and was the main reason I bought a LTS. Had I known this was in the works, I would not have purchased my LTS.

I understand that you need to make changes and potentially make more money, it just seems far too late in the game to make a change of this magnitude.

I have been speculating for quite a while now that the game could be ported to consoles in a similar style to what NW and STO did. If this move is meant to bring CO more into line with that potentiality, then simply say that is what you're working on doing, explaining that in order to do so means CO needs this change. While it still sucks for those of us on PC that have been around for a long time, I think some of us at least could accept that. You simply need to explain WHY the changes are happening to possibly quiet the discord that has emerged.

Obviously though, you don't have to explain anything, but it might not be a bad idea.
    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Everyone who is claiming this is a "violation of their Lifetime sub." First of all, ToS is subject to updates and I'm sure it says somewhere that it can change the subs at any time. Otherwise the new requirements put out by either Cryptic or PWI wouldn't be legal. In this case, they are.

Second of all, we already knew that the Lifetimers wouldn't be getting character slots anymore. This isn't news. A bug is a bug and will impact gameplay negatively one way or another. One doesn't have to see the bugs for it to be there. The Dev Team knows it's there and it's affecting us somehow that it needs to be stopped.

A lot of people will be salty about these changes; I personally really appreciate the price adjustments on character slots. Someone will always find a reason to nitpick and hinder any actual good in a big update.​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    They have time until September to try to fix the devalued LTS, because that wasn't a bug... is a feature that they advertised.

I knew this was coming but even with that bought the LTS while the offer was up.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just curious. Where was/is this advertised?

Don't the ToS somewhere say they can change whatever they want, whenever they want?
    ZEN Store

Account
    • AddressedRemoved a bug feature where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.
    ​​

Good to know they've committed themselves to violating an advertised feature of lifetime subscriptions.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Just thought I'd pop my head in to complain about complainers.

Okay........... carry on.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just curious. Where was/is this advertised?

Don't the ToS somewhere say they can change whatever they want, whenever they want?
    ZEN Store

Account
    ​​

I was curious about this aswell, and the only thing I was able to find on the issue was a proboards thread from 2011, and any links within that thread are either broken or take you to CO's homepage. The only clue was that you need to mouse over the question mark behind character slots on the LTS purchase menu. But no such thing is to be found there anymore unless I missed something.

And ofcourse this bit 77228e0bdf37d53a96bc3103bbfefcc1.png
    Sadly the link is broken ofcourse, but a lack of mentioning the feature from the dev does make it seem a bit questionable.
    A case of miscommunication within the old dev team, perhaps?
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Uhmmm... so no free character slots for LTS then... even if we are under the 100 character cap?

Pretty sure that's not the deal I paid for.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    ZEN Store
    • Added a 3 pack of Freeform character slots for 6000 ZEN.
    • A single character slot is now 100 ZEN (from 700).
    • Retired the 2 character slot item.
    • Added a 5 pack of character slots for 400 ZEN.
    • Added a 10 pack of character slots for 700 ZEN.

All right, where's all the dumb people talking about "corporate scumbaggery". You can all form a line and you'll each get a turn to talk about how dumb you are o3o
    Interesting that monthly subscriptions still seem to be a thing.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited June 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Interesting that monthly subscriptions still seem to be a thing.

Yeah, maybe they abandoned the Premium pack entirely and are just gonna keep subs, we did it guys \o/
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This so called bug about getting a new slot for each level up was actually been a feature since the game was launched. LTS for a game that doesn't put out story content regularly should be happy if people buy LTS and that was a perk for doing that. Now LTS is less valued. This is what used to be on the F2P Matrix that you guys buried.

"You also receive an additional slot for each character that reaches level 40, and as a 200-day Veteran Reward."

So to say it was a bug is a lie. Or are you saying it took almost 9 years to fix a bug?

this person is correct, do not call a feature a bug, you promise something in a purchase you can't take it away, and act like it's a bug.

EDIT: maybe this feature was removed at some point (which they never stated so how would we know right?) but you can't say it's a bug, when, quite frankly, it wasn't.

if they just said 'we removed this feature' FOR x or y reason, instead of lying and saying it's a bug.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    ZEN Store
    ​​

Has took nearly 10 years to price drop... hope the next 10 years the price drops to 2000z

Even so, good job for this because is was the pebble in the shoe.

Account

And here is the bad part of the update...

Free Form slot has not been out for ten years. That is actually less than 5 years old. 10 years ago there was no need for such a slot, because the game required a subscription back than to play. Back than, everyone that played was gold. Everyone was free form, there were no Archtypes. But, yes, when they came out with that horribly priced FF slot, I was disappointed to see the price. Happy that it got lowered, but, still to high in my opinion.
    edited June 2018

this person is correct, do not call a feature a bug, you promise something in a purchase you can't take it away, that is scam.

That is not a scam actually, the scam would be if I told you that when you buy this object, you'd get X. But, when I deliver the object, you got a brick. In this case we got X...many times, which means, what they did here was reneging, they gave us what we wanted originally, but revised the agreement. But, the person is correct. It was NOT a bug. It was indeed a feature that made people want to buy LTS.

What gets me is not the cap on characters, but, rather, the 1 time free slot. That part is stupid, that should not have been changed at all. Would rather they remove the character slot limit and instead give a 100 or so limit on the free slots. If they did that, the change would be nowhere near as bad.

Otherwise, if you are going to put a cap on character slots, do not cap the free slots.
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User

"It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after."
    whoever made you say this, needs an uppercut... and am not talking street fighter variant... mortal kombat one, the stage ender

everyone gets that you lot want to impose / correct a character cap limit but do not lie to us, that will just make us angry; say you are making this change, etc. thats fine... but do not pretend that long timers have a lousy memory and this is what it always was because you guys removed the old subscription perk grid

"The character slot limit has been increased to 100 (from 59)."

thank you, this won't make everyone happy but it is a compromise and maaaaybe in the future can be increased further

also we are still waiting to hear how the situation for subs losing access to their FF charas if they lapse will be handled~
    (inner snark hopes you guys don't do something to induce more unnecessary ire)

speaking of ire... again
    we are all bonking our coconuts against each other speculating and being frustrated over the changes
    yah we get the changes are being made for a reason, we don't know what the reason is aside from it being suddenly a priority one bug that you lot woke up to after an eight+ year hibernation

if it is in preparation for a console release or something, drop a hint~
    at least we all will be a whole lot more understanding tho likely still not happy >.>
  • yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Posts: 49 Arc User

[*] Addressed a bug where Lifetime and subscribed accounts continued to get free character slots for every character they got to 40. It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.
    [*] This also addresses a bug where players were able to bypass the character slot limit gaining character slots by this method.
    Thank you for increasing our chocolate ration.
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    All right, where's all the dumb people talking about "corporate scumbaggery". You can all form a line and you'll each get a turn to talk about how dumb you are o3o

Please stop trying to cause drama.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    In breaking news; This was an advertised feature and they are lying about it now. I wish it wasn't true but I and my guild are incensed and we sniffed it out. Credit withheld until I'm certain the guy who found this proof wants to be known for it.

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/XHONH8TI8UeTQuPiH9vcAdOVmlkrpC9orYoJvxtfMNY/https/i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/09ce453d342ea70e8707c541948d0b38-png.jpg?width=1252&height=642

and look for yourself.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/http://www.champions-online.com/F2p_matrix

We were advertised the feature of a free character slot every time we hit level 40 on a gold or currently gold account. Was a feature, not a bug.
    I like the drop in character slot prices... but I'm a bit concerned. They have revised our LTS agreement, while dropping slot prices significantly to reduce the sting. But, nothing is stopping them from jacking up the slot prices later.
    vonqball wrote: »
    But, nothing is stopping them from jacking up the slot prices later.

There's also nothing stopping them from lowering them further either.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    A long running advertised feature which now is considered a "Bug"
    The Plot Thickens thinking-face_1f914.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Posts: 49 Arc User
    If the extra slots are a "bug" why is it that Cryptic advertised them as a feature of having a Gold account when Free to Play was introduced in 2011?

Do please go to https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix for verification of this fact.
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
    There's also nothing stopping them from lowering them further either.
    I think you are missing the point. Denying a paid-for service to a customer is not a nice thing to do. Especially when that service is digital and has no actually cost to the company. So, why wouldn't I expect more of the same pattern of behavior?

If the extra slots are a "bug" why is it that Cryptic advertised them as a feature of having a Gold account when Free to Play was introduced in 2011?

Do please go to https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix for verification of this fact.

beat you to it, Yin, a couple posts up! But by all means this needs to be seen by everyone!

I really do wish it weren't so, though. This is the first time Cryptic has broken my trust, but I actually think it's Perfectworld this time.
  • pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    Like someone upthread, I'd also like to know what I, as a subscriber, get if I but a new 'slot'? Will it be like my other slots (Freeform or AT whilst I'm still subscribed, but has to be AT to play if my subscription lapses) or will it be a new kind of AT-only slot, forcing me to pay the higher price for a FF slot if I want any more FF characters?
  • tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    Free Form slot has not been out for ten years. That is actually less than 5 years old. 10 years ago there was no need for such a slot, because the game required a subscription back than to play. Back than, everyone that played was gold. Everyone was free form, there were no Archtypes. But, yes, when they came out with that horribly priced FF slot, I was disappointed to see the price. Happy that it got lowered, but, still to high in my opinion.

A freeform slot should be priced to encourage impulse purchases. My threshold for impulse purchases is about $15, which you can easily justify to yourself by noting that it's the cost of a month's subscription.

I would never have bought a $50 freeform slot, and won't spend $60 on three slots. That's because, realistically speaking, it's easy to justify a $15 dollar charge on the credit card by telling your wife, "It's just $15." I might pay $20 for a freeform slot, but since $30, or $50 or $60 is "real money," it's a no-go for me to spend on a game.
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I should say, I like the price drops and the changes here, it's pretty good and benefits all, players will be a bit happy about this.

the only thing that sucks is the cap but I understand why, probably issues with the storage and 'lag' and 'performance' issues or whatever, personally I think they should invest in the servers and storage but that won't happen. glad it's 100 now not 59, ^_^

as for the character slot when reaching 40 for gold and LTS, don't lie, that was a feature, not a bug.
    i'm going to sell someone oranges and say it includes some apples, but then I'll take away the apples.

edit: fixed some typos or whatever.
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Sai weapon!!! Yay : )
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Sai weapon!!! Yay : )

Cat gets her favorite weapon now ;)​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    Ohhhh my.... honesty optional it appears.

Roll it up. Didn't the execs realize that the internet is archived?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    So....will there still be a 50% FF slot sale in the future? I'm tempted to buy one FF slot, but I'm also saving for costume packs...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Everyone who is claiming this is a "violation of their Lifetime sub." First of all, ToS is subject to updates and I'm sure it says somewhere that it can change the subs at any time. Otherwise the new requirements put out by either Cryptic or PWI wouldn't be legal. In this case, they are.​​

The fact that they can change things at any time doesn't make them immune to criticism for those changes. Don't be obtuse.

If that's the logic you want to run with ANY change is A-Okay and no one can complain about it.

Second of all, we already knew that the Lifetimers wouldn't be getting character slots anymore. This isn't news. A bug is a bug and will impact gameplay negatively one way or another. One doesn't have to see the bugs for it to be there. The Dev Team knows it's there and it's affecting us somehow that it needs to be stopped.​​

The fact that they warned us, got push back and F*ing did it anyway isn't help your case sunshine.

And it's not a bug, that is a dirty lie and they know it. It was never on their bug list in nearly a decade. On the contrary it was a discussed Feature.. up until they called it a bug as an excuse to remove said feature.

Of all the actual bugs that have been in this game for almost a decade...

A lot of people will be salty about these changes; I personally really appreciate the price adjustments on character slots. Someone will always find a reason to nitpick and hinder any actual good in a big update.​​

You know what? That's shi*tty argument. I'm not complaining about the lowering of prices of character slots; the elimination of the feature and the lowering of new slot prices aren't something that had to happen together. Don't be a disingenuous hack by trying to join the two at the hip

In game as @forgemccain
  • missymalapropmissymalaprop Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm not too sad by the removal of a feature... but calling it a bug scares me to what is the next feature which will be removed by calling it a bug?
  • retcon1retcon1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Everyone who is claiming this is a "violation of their Lifetime sub." First of all, ToS is subject to updates and I'm sure it says somewhere that it can change the subs at any time. Otherwise the new requirements put out by either Cryptic or PWI wouldn't be legal. In this case, they are.​​

The fact that they can change things at any time doesn't make them immune to criticism for those changes. Don't be obtuse.

If that's the logic you want to run with ANY change is A-Okay and no one can complain about it.

Second of all, we already knew that the Lifetimers wouldn't be getting character slots anymore. This isn't news. A bug is a bug and will impact gameplay negatively one way or another. One doesn't have to see the bugs for it to be there. The Dev Team knows it's there and it's affecting us somehow that it needs to be stopped.​​

The fact that they warned us, got push back and F*ing did it anyway isn't help your case sunshine.

And it's not a bug, that is a dirty lie and they know it. It was never on their bug list in nearly a decade. On the contrary it was a discussed Feature.. up until they called it a bug as an excuse to remove said feature.

Of all the actual bugs that have been in this game for almost a decade...

You know what? That's shi*tty argument. I'm not complaining about the lowering of prices of character slots; the elimination of the feature and the lowering of new slot prices aren't something that had to happen together. Don't be a disingenuous hack by trying to join the two at the hip

Sorry about the wall of quote spam here, but I second every word of this post. So "/Signed" or whatever those kids with their interwebs say these days.
    snipped for length

Hey Forgemccain, I have the proof upthread.

Here it is again. Just mousehover over the question mark by Character slots.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/http://www.champions-online.com/F2p_matrix

The latest version of the page... they just removed the mousehover text. -_-; Gaslighting.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    iamrune wrote: »
    In breaking news; This was an advertised feature and they are lying about it now. I wish it wasn't true but I and my guild are incensed and we sniffed it out. Credit withheld until I'm certain the guy who found this proof wants to be known for it.
    (snip links)
    We were advertised the feature of a free character slot every time we hit level 40 on a gold or currently gold account. Was a feature, not a bug.

Okay, this is certainly confirmation of that feature as BEING a feature, so now I'm not so pleased about the removal of the 'free-slot-at-40' feature.

Kaizerin? Anyone from Cryptic want to comment on this?

This is definitely a sticking point as it is something that can very much be considered a contract, and more importantly, a contract violation. For a game that is maintained in the US, I would think Cryptic would not be wanting to be violating a contract in a country infamous for litigation. Any change in a contract has to be agreed to by both sides of said contract. If one side doesn't agree to that change, the other side can't simply go ahead and change things anyway.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg

better screen shot that bad boy before they make it vanish.

In game as @forgemccain
  • tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2018

EDIT: maybe this feature was removed at some point (which they never stated so how would we know right?) but you can't say it's a bug, when, quite frankly, it wasn't.

if they just said 'we removed this feature' FOR x or y reason, instead of lying and saying it's a bug.

I think it was only considered a bug since June 7(?) when they announced the premium pack would start. They mentioned removing the Free slot feature for level 40 characters in the announcement. Since the premium pack didn't go through it seems the free slots also continued, but probably weren't meant too. If they thought it was changed, but it didn't work then it could be considered a bug. Still it probably would have been better to phrase it as -activating the previously mentioned changes- rather then calling it a bug.
    edited June 2018

better screen shot that bad boy before they make it vanish.

We got screens too.. and they can't really make it completely vanish. it's on the internet wayback machine archive.

oh, and before someone tries to claim that is from the F2P beta and the 'feature' never was supposed to go live, the Internet Archive has later versions of the page archived too, post the F2P beta.

It was a Live Feature.
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    I've been a lifetimer since before since beta. We never get any new real content- the only reason to play the game anymore, for me at least, is to try out new costume and power combinations.

Well, now even that's gone. I'm out.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

Umm, you did notice that there are a variety of things on that page that are different now, right? E.g. Adventure Packs are now free for everyone. Should we go back to making silvers pay for them since it is on this archived page? The resource cap for silvers is now 500; should it be rolled back to 250 since that is what is on this page?
    JwLmWoa.png

So.... I'm in the line... tell me how dumb I am now.

pr0fp0tts wrote: »
    Like someone upthread, I'd also like to know what I, as a subscriber, get if I but a new 'slot'? Will it be like my other slots (Freeform or AT whilst I'm still subscribed, but has to be AT to play if my subscription lapses) or will it be a new kind of AT-only slot, forcing me to pay the higher price for a FF slot if I want any more FF characters?

The answer is as follows: Nothing changed about your slot types if you are gold (a subscriper). They haven't gotten rid of subscriptions. So, if you are gold when you buy a new slot, that character will be free form. This will only change if you go silver.