test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/21/2018

Comments

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I'd like to know if there was any more word on whether or not we'd be able to convert silver slots to Freeform slots if we don't have monthly Gold memberships anymore? Hoping this feature could be added to the Zen store. :#

The only word of something like this was they were looking into a feature for this, that is all they said. They had nothing planned though. And so far, with the lack of info, who knows what is happening on that end.
    aiqa wrote: »
    soulforger wrote: »
    *snip*

Since when is escalating the only alternative to complacency?

Escalating is the wrong word. Having concern would be the correct thing to say here. And wanting better practices from a company we love is also a good thing.
  • yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @goblinman32 said:
    > lol foxi there's literally evidence. Follow the links.
    >
    > Honestly, even if it was originally a bug, they actually did advertise it as a feature to sell subscriptions. It's extremely shady either way.
    >
    > For the record, I'm a former NWO player, so I'm wary of PWE's shenanigans. This is the same company that glitched my NWO character and tried to make me pay real money to fix it. I wish I was exaggerating.

> @lezard21 said:
    > yinepuhotepgames wrote: »
    >
    > And in this particular case, this particular lie also:
    > * gives many players cause for concern, as the lie indirectly accuses them of behavior (exploiting a known bug) that would get them banned on many games.
    >
    > Will Cryptic begin coming after people who used this advertised feature to acquire new characters, now that they've Newspeaked it into a bug?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There is a fine difference between a bug and an exploit.
    >
    > A bug is something that happens that is not supposed to whether good or bad. It's unintentional.
    >
    > An exploit is purposedly abusing a bug that benefits you, despite the devs telling you "Yo, do not do this". This is intentional.
    >
    > The devs called this a bug. Not an exploit.
    >
    > And they were explicitly clear in that they were not going to prosecute those who had come across this bug (ie. let them keep the characters that went over this limit) cause coming accross a bug is not against the ToS of any game. Abusing an exploit is.
    >
    > Again, we are scrapping deep into the bottom of the barrell just for drama's sake here.​​

They have already demonstrated in this very announcement that they are ...somewhat flexible... in their relationship to truth. Why should we trust that they told the truth about this any more than they told the truth about the "bug"?
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
  • alriialrii Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    those who hate the changes can't do anything about it, except make more noise
    those who feel it is a decent compromise will still grumble
    those who don't care either way, will continue doing what they do

this really is not game breaking/ending; however this is not trivial either

but... this is serious
    because no matter
    whether we love the change or hate the change
    whether the change was a great or terrible compromise

this change will be remembered by both the playerbase and developers as a ...bitter experience

Cryptic Studios is not a small company

their publishers are PWE - who recently are streamlining with Valve to bring Steam to the Chinese market

Cryptic also holds licenses from CBS and WotC for Star Trek Online and Neverwinter
    (and they are working on an upcoming Magic: The Gathering game)

all of those are big company names
    all of them are robust professional outfits

it is why Cryptic almost never says much about anything in advance or their (in)famous 'we don't talk about upcoming content' drill
    which is why this whole mess could have been easily avoided from turning into this big a rukus / meme

especially for Champions Online that has undergone a player exodus
    not once, but twice

kaizerin wrote: »
    It was intended that players were able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they got to 40, but not any more after.

there was zero excuse to use that inciting statement the way it was
    even if it was 'only in the patchnotes' because, it is still an official statement
    edit: anywhere else on the forums, it wouldn't have really mattered as much, (still not cool) because patchnotes are an 'announcement'

whoever fabricated / enforced that line needs to seriously take a hard look at their career choices
    and no i am not asking for removal of whoever it is, but please, if you are in charge of this - do it properly and more importantly, professionally

your playerbase can afford to sound like jerks, you... can not

there is no reason for an obscene rift to exist between us

lotsa edits for lotsa typos, sorry
    Post edited by alrii on
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Escalating is the wrong word. Having concern would be the correct thing to say here. And wanting better practices from a company we love is also a good thing.

I advice you to re-read our conversation a few more times. It's logically impossible for escalating to suddenly be the wrong word. I wrote the post that initiated this conversation, in which I made a statement about escalating. So our conversation is about escalating, not suddenly about something else.
    *sigh* one last thing then i swear i'm done harping over this >.<

at this point just say it was a typo, and accidentally used the past tense instead of present and meant:

It is intended that players are able to receive 1 extra slot for the first character they get to 40, but not any more after.

then go on your merry way while we start fighting each other on here whether all this is acceptable or not in light of the price-cut for more character slots and the character cap changes blah blah blah, since we are always looking for an excuse to snap at each other anyway

I advice you to re-read our conversation a few more times. It's logically impossible for escalating to suddenly be the wrong word. I wrote the post that initiated this conversation, in which I made a statement about escalating. So our conversation is about escalating, not suddenly about something else.

Escalating the issue would mean things getting out of hand, such as, boycotting the game, lawsuits, etc (though, to be fair those are the extremes). Those are not happening, so, escalating is the wrong word (oh no, people are complaining, so they must have escalated! Escalated from what? Calm to angry? That is not really escalating...). And, I did not suddenly talk about something else, I just pointed out that you used the wrong word.
    While I fully agree the wording in the patch notes was very a bad decision, do keep in mind cryptic hasn't made any further claims about it being an actual bug. The continued "it's not a lie, it's really a bug" stuff comes from a very small portion of players. And by now you should probably start to question why those players are trying so hard to escalate this even further.
    Because doing otherwise breeds complacency. A few quotes about complacency:
    Since when is escalating the only alternative to complacency?

there we go~ all emphasis, mine

...what?

in my defense... i can't sleep and i really want to see how this date ends >.>

stop looking at me like that!
    Escalated from what? Calm to angry? That is not really escalating..

Of course that is escalating.
    See https://www.google.com/search?q=escalating
    oh no, people are complaining, so they must have escalated!

I have never said that. Not even implicit.
    though, to be fair those are the extremes ..... Those are not happening, so, escalating is the wrong word

So are you claiming something has to happen in the extreme to fit a definition?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    WTH are you guys even arguing about?
  • ilyensilyens Posts: 38 Arc User
    I wonder if this brainstorming leads anywhere.
    Especially since a theory follows another theory. And since the root theory is a theory by itself, the whole 8 pages here are meaningless.

The changes are better than they were expected yet. FF slots are cheaper just like the general character slots.
    100 characters are much more than anyone will ever play in a game. Delete the old ones and start anew. Like you wouldn't want to let go your feeding-bottle cuz you used it when you were 1 year old. You won't use that stuff ever again just like your characters.

However changing a feature to a bug in purpose to say something to the community why it got removed is very underhand, but hey... Find a straight developer / publisher in these days.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    ilyens wrote: »
    Especially since a theory follows another theory. And since the root theory is a theory by itself, the whole 8 pages here are meaningless.

The changes are better than they were expected yet. FF slots are cheaper just like the general character slots.
    100 characters are much more than anyone will ever play in a game. Delete the old ones and start anew. Like you wouldn't want to let go your feeding-bottle cuz you used it when you were 1 year old. You won't use that stuff ever again just like your characters.

However changing a feature to a bug in purpose to say something to the community why it got removed is very underhand, but hey... Find a straight developer / publisher in these days.

Reported this logical and well thought post. MOOOOOODDDDDS!!!!​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    ilyens wrote: »

Reported this logical and well thought post. MOOOOOODDDDDS!!!!​​

Not fully logical, there is two point that is objectivally false. And a few points that are opinions and thus cannot be used as an actual reasoning for their argument. The point that is objectivally false is the claim that "100 characters are much more than anyone will ever play in a game.". If you look closely, they are basically saying no one will ever play that many characters. Yet, we know of people that have played with at least 100 characters, and several that have played with more. I have played with all 172 characters of the 182 character slots I have. That alone proves that their sentence was poorly worded at best and out right incorrect at worst. What they should have typed out was "100 characters are much more than many will ever play in this game." That would have been a correct thing to say, as not everyone will go even close to 100 characters. The rest of that paragraph is nothing more than opinion and short-sidedness. And yes, I plan to continue playing with all 172 character I have already made (I have no plans for my 10 empty slots), thus proving their last sentence in that paragraph incorrect. They should have just left that paragraph to the first two sentences. Would have been better than going and insulting poeple with 100+ characters.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    heh, do you log in at least once a week with all 172 characters? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    heh, do you log in at least once a week with all 172 characters? :p

No, but, once every few months.
    Would have been better than going and insulting poeple with 100+ characters.

????????????????????????????????

Are you in one of those days??? Please highlight the part where he was insulting anyone normal-28.gif​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You guys are just going in circles now. Get off the hamster wheel and start going nuts about something new and more interesting.
    Agreed. Here let me start by sharing a very pressing issue that could potentially cause this game to die
    REFrp2k.jpg
    No, I'm not talking about me. Here let's enhance
    yTWmtad.jpg
    A lil bit more
    VRQ3qYT.jpg

BINGO! How could something so hideously broken and disgusting remain in this game for so long? I am very dissapointed in the Devs of days past, present and future.​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Hey if you own over 100 comic books you should sell them because you can't possibly read all those at once.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Hey if you own over 100 comic books you should sell them because you can't possibly read all those at once.

My rebuttle to all these arguments stating why have 100 chars/cant play them all at once? Well, same opinion can be applied to people who have ~10 or so toons. Why do you have so many? In fact, technically having more than one toon can be viewed using the same argument they usually implore. Because there are times where you probably can't/won't/forget to play for weeks on end.

Point being: Just because you don't play all [insert amount here] doesn't mean you shouldn't have them. Or even simpler? Is it your money? The answer will probably be no, which should double down for the question of whether you should care how many toons they have
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018

Are you in one of those days??? Please highlight the part where he was insulting anyone normal-28.gif​​

Unless I'm wrong, isn't this an insult: Like you wouldn't want to let go your feeding-bottle cuz you used it when you were 1 year old.

To me, even if it is subtle, it is basically an insult.
  • seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    cryneting wrote: »
    Everyone who is claiming this is a "violation of their Lifetime sub." First of all, ToS is subject to updates and I'm sure it says somewhere that it can change the subs at any time. Otherwise the new requirements put out by either Cryptic or PWI wouldn't be legal. In this case, they are.

Second of all, we already knew that the Lifetimers wouldn't be getting character slots anymore. This isn't news. A bug is a bug and will impact gameplay negatively one way or another. One doesn't have to see the bugs for it to be there. The Dev Team knows it's there and it's affecting us somehow that it needs to be stopped.

A lot of people will be salty about these changes; I personally really appreciate the price adjustments on character slots. Someone will always find a reason to nitpick and hinder any actual good in a big update.​​

THANK YOU!

The people salty about this kown where the door is, however the new slots and price drop is a MASSIVE welcome. Good job kaizerin, much round appeals.

People forget that other games do this as well, an big example is Warframe, where they have a bug in-game, not aware of it and then fix it, even if the bug has been around for years, and there are legit 10000000 reasons why, they were unable to address it, and even if someone does try to "claim they kown why, oh god wow", they are wrong, no matter how they color it.

Whooooaa that is absolutely NOT the same. This is NOT a bug. I don't know how you've managed to not see any of the several posts with screenshots showing that free slots at level 40 is an advertised feature. Show one 'bug' in Warframe that was ADVERTISED as a feature and then -fixed- as a bug?
  • seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110207211957/www.champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

Umm, you did notice that there are a variety of things on that page that are different now, right? E.g. Adventure Packs are now free for everyone. Should we go back to making silvers pay for them since it is on this archived page? The resource cap for silvers is now 500; should it be rolled back to 250 since that is what is on this page?

Um, did you notice that when they changed those things, they didn't LIE and say it was a "bug"?
    edited June 2018
    61rAw24.jpg​​
    edited June 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    My rebuttle to all these arguments stating why have 100 chars/cant play them all at once? Well, same opinion can be applied to people who have ~10 or so toons.

Problem with that is, the criticism isn't "You have too many toons!". I don't care how many toons you have and I'm sure nobody really does. The criticism is "You have 100 toons and you're acting like it's so horrible that you can't have more".

If someone is criticizing you for having a lot of toons then they're dumb and they don't get it or they just worded what they meant to say poorly ( or perhaps you misread it? ) ( or perhaps you're twisting it into a strawman? ).

Um, did you notice that when they changed those things, they didn't LIE and say it was a "bug"?

Try this on for a little brain exercise. Go outside and look at your car or bicycle. Okay, now find a nearby person and drag them over, point at your car/bicycle and say "That's a horse". Did it work? There, now you understand that something can be one thing, and you can still call it another thing. Did your car/bike change into a horse? There, now you understand that calling something something that it's not doesn't change it into that thing. Now take your car/bike and put it on your head and say "This is my new hat!". Now we have illustrated that your car/bike can be both that and a hat, because while it still is a car/bike you are functionally using it as a hat and that doesn't change the fact that it is also a car/bike. Now you, hopefully, understand how this was a bug that was advertised as a feature - that didn't change the fact that is was a bug.

Also the current sub page has been in place for years now, so it hasn't been marketed as a feature in years. The time period during which you could have been justifiably outraged about this passed years ago. Fact is, the only people "marketing" the infinite slots thing in those years have been players, and they're not representatives.

Unless I'm wrong, isn't this an insult: Like you wouldn't want to let go your feeding-bottle cuz you used it when you were 1 year old.

To me, even if it is subtle, it is basically an insult.

Not everyone can get metaphors at first. But as you can see, this is kinda a well fit one. You had something when you started the game, time passed, and you had something new during the time.
    I hardly can believe that players would log into the game and play with all of their 100 characters. I would bet on that I could find characters on the accounts with many characters which weren't used for a year at least.

For the comic book comment... If you do chore, you get rid of trash, not ? Or at the best, you put it to the loft, which is almost the same as "getting rid of it". That you do not use, is nothing but a space waste.
    The same happens in CO. They want to give a limit, so players won't keep their old characters forever after as a decor. Totally legit.
    You are forced to do the chore. And if you wanted to get something new, you will do. And this will be the time when you realize,
    "Oh, I did not use this for ages ! I could say farewell to this one... Bye Mr... such a weird name I gave, lel..!"

And no, it is cool you have plenty of slots, cuz there are players who have many characters with purpose. Many like to play Role Playing, many like to build new characters that they will actually play and farm for end game gear, not just leaving them in mercenary on the acc after reaching lvl 40.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Posts: 18 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    My rebuttle to all these arguments stating why have 100 chars/cant play them all at once? Well, same opinion can be applied to people who have ~10 or so toons.

Problem with that is, the criticism isn't "You have too many toons!". I don't care how many toons you have and I'm sure nobody really does. The criticism is "You have 100 toons and you're acting like it's so horrible that you can't have more".

If someone is criticizing you for having a lot of toons then they're dumb and they don't get it or they just worded what they meant to say poorly ( or perhaps you misread it? ) ( or perhaps you're twisting it into a strawman? ).

Try this on for a little brain exercise. Go outside and look at your car or bicycle. Okay, now find a nearby person and drag them over, point at your car/bicycle and say "That's a horse". Did it work? There, now you understand that something can be one thing, and you can still call it another thing. Did your car/bike change into a horse? There, now you understand that calling something something that it's not doesn't change it into that thing. Now take your car/bike and put it on your head and say "This is my new hat!". Now we have illustrated that your car/bike can be both that and a hat, because while it still is a car/bike you are functionally using it as a hat and that doesn't change the fact that it is also a car/bike. Now you, hopefully, understand how this was a bug that was advertised as a feature - that didn't change the fact that is was a bug.

Also the current sub page has been in place for years now, so it hasn't been marketed as a feature in years. The time period during which you could have been justifiably outraged about this passed years ago. Fact is, the only people "marketing" the infinite slots thing in those years have been players, and they're not representatives.

Car analogy all wrong again. No, this is the same as a car dealer saying, "This model comes with a spoiler." Then years of selling it, you go to your car to drive to work only to find some guys from the dealer removing your spoiler telling you that the spoiler was never supposed to be a part of your car so too bad you paid for the bug.
    Car analogy all wrong again. No, this is the same as a car dealer saying, "This model comes with a spoiler." Then years of selling it, you go to your car to drive to work only to find some guys from the dealer removing your spoiler telling you that the spoiler was never supposed to be a part of your car so too bad you paid for the bug.

Hahh, I like that one !
    edited June 2018

This only shows that you completely misunderstood what the analogy was supposed to demonstrate. Here, I'll go even more simple.

Your forum name is stormstryke2. Hello Butterfundlyman. I just called you Butterfundlyman, but did that change the fact that your name is actually stormstryke2? No. Similarly, marketing a bug as a feature does not change the fact that it is a bug.

Now let's go with your analogy.

So you buy a car at a car dealership. This car has this really cool factory defect that makes it accelerate way faster than it normally would, and some day this factory defect will cause your car to explode. The dealership decides to market this as a feature of the car "Really fast, zoom zoom zoom!". So you buy the car. A year later there is a recall on part of the car that states "High likelyhood to cause car to explode after about a year of use". Now you can say "Nuts to that, this was marketed as a feature and so that's what it is", or you can say "It was wrong of the dealership to market this as a feature, and I enjoy how fast it is, but ultimately it is a defect that needs to be fixed, so I'll have it fixed". I'm sure some of you would happily have your car explode just so you can go fast for another month or two, but I feel like more of you would say "please stop my car from exploding, I never actually needed it to go this fast".

The only way this analogy needs to be modified to more closely relate to our situation is that if even one of these cars does not have their defect fixed, they all explode, and hence the company has to come out and force the fix on all the cars. Now you might be bummed that your car is no longer over-performing, but I don't care, I don't want mine to explode.
    They tell to you that your car could explode cuz of your spoiler... after 9 years of use..? Without any sign of it has ever happened with anyone ?

It is more like:
    *Dealer knocks at my door. I open the door*
    - Welcome my customer ! I have to tell you that, the spoiler on your car is dangerous and I came to remove it !
    - What..? I have been driving my car for 9 years and I never had any problem with it !
    - But our testing team found out that it is bad to you !
    - How so ? Any of your customers had bad experience with the spoiler during the 9 years..?
    - Um... It is... Classified...!
    *Runs to my car, hits the spoiler with a hammer then leaves my place in hurry*
    - Hey ! You made plenty of scratches on my car ! You made bigger damage to me in 1 second than this spoiler during the 9 years !

Ok, the ending was just for fun, but the point is clearly visible:
    Something is fishy.
    I am not against the limit personally, but the principle as it got into reality.

I think you missed the point. Telling someone how to feel about getting new toons is just as bad. Actually worse. Reason being: Say they stick to make new 40s(a valid reason to stay, really), they have over the years made a LOT of 40s(over the 100 count.), then this change happens. I should add, also, that a lot of their purchases tied into various cosmetics in-game/other little things pertaining to their various 40s. It's like cruising down the Autobahn, then suddenly slamming your breaks(let's assume for this analogy no one is around you :p). They may stop all purchases/stop playing because well, like i've been saying(and of course, you all keep skimming over :tired_face: ). The game is officially over for them. Not always the case, but I can understand if it were.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    cryneting wrote: »
    Everyone who is claiming this is a "violation of their Lifetime sub." First of all, ToS is subject to updates and I'm sure it says somewhere that it can change the subs at any time. Otherwise the new requirements put out by either Cryptic or PWI wouldn't be legal. In this case, they are.

Second of all, we already knew that the Lifetimers wouldn't be getting character slots anymore. This isn't news. A bug is a bug and will impact gameplay negatively one way or another. One doesn't have to see the bugs for it to be there. The Dev Team knows it's there and it's affecting us somehow that it needs to be stopped.

A lot of people will be salty about these changes; I personally really appreciate the price adjustments on character slots. Someone will always find a reason to nitpick and hinder any actual good in a big update.​​

THANK YOU!

The people salty about this kown where the door is, however the new slots and price drop is a MASSIVE welcome. Good job kaizerin, much round appeals.

People forget that other games do this as well, an big example is Warframe, where they have a bug in-game, not aware of it and then fix it, even if the bug has been around for years, and there are legit 10000000 reasons why, they were unable to address it, and even if someone does try to "claim they kown why, oh god wow", they are wrong, no matter how they color it.

A bug, is a bug, in the end of the day, get over it.

Except it's not a bug, and some of these people providing proof have been here since '09, before I got here. And have/still do for the time being, heavily supported the game. Not a smart move to say what you're saying here, you're not exactly a AAA title and you don't(if you have common sense) discard heavy supporters like this. Warframe also doesnt do this, at all. so yeah there's that..

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018
    "Problem with that is, the criticism isn't "You have too many toons!". I don't care how many toons you have and I'm sure nobody really does. The criticism is "You have 100 toons and you're acting like it's so horrible that you can't have more"."

The problem is, if people would take the time to actually read what most people are complaining about, they would realize that people in general are not complaining about no longer getting free slots, but, rather, the company lied about the reason they changed it.

"Try this on for a little brain exercise. Go outside and look at your car or bicycle. Okay, now find a nearby person and drag them over, point at your car/bicycle and say "That's a horse". Did it work? There, now you understand that something can be one thing, and you can still call it another thing. Did your car/bike change into a horse? There, now you understand that calling something something that it's not doesn't change it into that thing. Now take your car/bike and put it on your head and say "This is my new hat!". Now we have illustrated that your car/bike can be both that and a hat, because while it still is a car/bike you are functionally using it as a hat and that doesn't change the fact that it is also a car/bike. Now you, hopefully, understand how this was a bug that was advertised as a feature - that didn't change the fact that is was a bug.
    "

Except, that is not what happened. What happened is the exact opposite. They showed us the bike and said "this is a bike," Now, they are pointing to the same bike and calling it a horse. Maybe if you had paid attention to everything, you'd realize that.

"Not everyone can get metaphors at first. But as you can see, this is kinda a well fit one. You had something when you started the game, time passed, and you had something new during the time.
    I hardly can believe that players would log into the game and play with all of their 100 characters. I would bet on that I could find characters on the accounts with many characters which weren't used for a year at least."

Fair enough on the metaphor part. I see now what you are talking about. But, you got one thing wrong, most of us are complaining about them lying, not us losing the free slots. I can careless about the loss of the free slot myself. But, they lied, and lying is not cool at all. As far playing all characters often, that much is true, sometimes I will find a character that has gone untouched for more than 100 days. I eventually get around to them though.

""Oh, I did not use this for ages ! I could say farewell to this one... Bye Mr... such a weird name I gave, lel..!""

Sometimes I find myself in this type of situation. Instead of deleting the 40 though, I just modify their name so it isn't as silly/stupid along wiht their costume, IE: A true retcon. Same toon, new style. There is no real need to delete something when you can just change the existing thing. Though, of course, if you want, for example, a new male character and you are out of slots and you have a female character you never plan on playing again, deleting the female character is a feesilbe way to do things.

"This only shows that you completely misunderstood what the analogy was supposed to demonstrate. Here, I'll go even more simple."

No, this just shows that you are doing nothing more than trying to call a bike a hrose. So, stop it spinny, the bike is a bike, not a horse, stop trying to sell that bike as a horse. It was never a bug, so, stop trying to sell that bike as a horse.

I guess, very far down the road, maybe after twenty years, you can start your own game, and than sell that bike as a horse because no one would remember that the bike was actually a bike and not a horse.
    edited June 2018
    No, this just shows that you are doing nothing more than trying to call a bike a hrose.

Actually quite the opposite. The people with the information told us that it's a hrose, and you're desperately trying to push a theory that it's a bike. If you have information that proves it's not a hrose, I'm all eyes and ears and whatnot. At the moment, all information points to the fact being that it's a hrose that had a little sign that says "bike" hanging on it for a while some odd years ago. If that little sign is enough to convince you that a hrose is a bike, that's fine, believe what you like - for myself, my requirements for being convinced are a bit more rigorous.
    Up until Thursday it was a bike, every bit of information we can pull from the internet shows them calling it a bike, and suddenly last Thursday it's now a horse. Now maybe you're very gullible and believe everything that the company tells you but I suspect it's like I was saying earlier: you're not an honest actor, and I'm not sure if you're doing it for the lulz or some other reason, but I don't think you're in earnest here and can't take your opinions seriously.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    No, this just shows that you are doing nothing more than trying to call a bike a hrose.

Actually quite the opposite. The people with the information told us that it's a hrose, and you're desperately trying to push a theory that it's a bike. If you have information that proves it's not a hrose, I'm all eyes and ears and whatnot. At the moment, all information points to the fact being that it's a hrose that had a little sign that says "bike" hanging on it for a while some odd years ago. If that little sign is enough to convince you that a hrose is a bike, that's fine, believe what you like - for myself, my requirements for being convinced are a bit more rigorous.

For eight years, Cryptic stated — plainly, authoritatively, and unequivocally — that “one new character slot for every character raised to level 40” was a feature.

We’ve found the receipts.

On 21 June, Cryptic stated — plainly, authoritatively, and unequivocally — that “one new character slot for every character raised to level 40” has been a bug for the entirety of those prior eight years.

One of those two plain, authoritative, unequivocal statements is a lie told by Cryptic. Which statement happens to be the lie is a difference without distinction to me, because either one renders them absolutely untrustworthy, which is the point we’ve been trying to make all along.

Frankly, your horse/bike analogy is an irrelevant, concern-trolling distraction, and your requirements for being convinced otherwise are purple monkey dishwasher.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    One of those two plain, authoritative, unequivocal statements is a lie told by Cryptic.

Only if you can't grasp the very simple concept that a bug can be called a feature, and still be a bug. Personally I think it's more a case of willful ignorance than anything. You want to shake your fist, and so you'll ignore any facts that don't lead to fist shaking.
    Logic, reason, and facts seem ineffective here. I don't believe this has ever worked with Spinny, so the best bet is to let them believe what they want. We've gone in circles multiple times through multiple pages, it's simply impossible to get even simple things through to them

42 40s, LTSer.
    One of those two plain, authoritative, unequivocal statements is a lie told by Cryptic.

Only if you can't grasp the very simple concept that a bug can be called a feature, and still be a bug. Personally I think it's more a case of willful ignorance than anything. You want to shake your fist, and so you'll ignore any facts that don't lead to fist shaking.

You can't really grasp any simple concepts, so that means very little

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited June 2018
    I see the discussion has reached the point where semantics are going to be stretched ever further. Again.
    I see the discussion has reached the point where semantics are going to be stretched ever further. Again.

Semantics? Please explain.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

You want to debate “bug vs. feature” with a software developer with twenty-four years of professional experience?

d13.gif
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited June 2018

Semantics? Please explain.

"Feature" basically means "defining characteristic or attribute". So can a defining attribute of your game be a bug? Etc, etc.
    Of course, normally that is not how the words "feature" is used when talking about software. But it's like... technically possible.

Creative wordgames and stretching the meaning of words (semantics) like that is used a lot in the discussions on COs forums lately.
    edited June 2018
    You want to debate “bug vs. feature” with a software developer with twenty-four years of professional experience?

No, I want you to recognize the facts. Though of course I'm sure that you, as a software developer, upon telling a user that something is a bug, would happily agree with them when they tell you otherwise despite them giving you no technical information to back up their claims.
    edited June 2018
    (breaking my promise here)

FACT: it was touted as a feature for years
    FACT: proof was provided of the same with different dates
    FACT: it is now being called a bug
    FACT: there would be a lot less anger to say they are making a change to an existing facility rather than renaming classifications which have widely different connotations

people twisting words around in an attempt to incite a reaction that might get the thread shut-down = not cool
    this is NOT an overreaction

people are not making demands (aside from clarification) nor giving out threats
    that would be an overreaction and worthy of all the memes

they were introducing a relatively good deal, honestly; based on the feedback/outcry to the initial proposed changes they had in the wings
    but all that gets overlooked by that reclassification for the main change

eroding the relations with the playerbase is completely unnecessary
    more so for a game that has undergone a major player exodus twice

as a side note:
    hopefully devs have plans in place already for how bank slots will be made purchaseable if/when new subscriptions are discontinued
    also and this is not me being snarky even though it will sound like it...
    may want to mention the existing caps on things like aura storage slots, etc.

edit: also on how the onslaught token thing that gold accounts get will work
    haven't actually messed with it so dunno what the details are
    edited June 2018

No, it is not as you ASSUME and THEORIZING. But, this is pointless arguing with you. You weill never stop trying to call the bike a horse. You refuse to recognize facts. And instead think that something they just recently said basically retcons an entire feature that has existed for 10 years into a bug. Doesn't work that way. Seriously, stop trying to call that bike a horse.

Here, let me explain it to you really simple. They ordered a toy horse from a factory, the factory devlievered a bike. And instead of sending the bike back to the factory to get that horse. They decided to sell the bike as a bike instead of telling people it was supposed to be a horse. Now, years latter, they are trying to sell us that the bike was supposed to be a horse and not a bike. It doesn't matter if it was a bug or not in the beginning. If you label a bug as a feature without telling people it is in reality a bug that you do not know how to fix, you cannot turn around and fix it latter and call it a bug and expect people to be cool with it.
    Post edited by soulforger on
    alrii wrote: »
    as a side note:
    hopefully devs have plans in place already for how bank slots will be made purchaseable if/when new subscriptions are discontinued
    also and this is not me being snarky even though it will sound like it...
    may want to mention the existing caps on things like aura storage slots, etc.

edit: also on how the onslaught token thing that gold accounts get will work
    haven't actually messed with it so dunno what the details are

Bank slots? Like...normal bank or account bank? The account bank you find in your hideout can have it's inventory expanded through purchases. As for the normal bank, that is expanded by buying more tabs from the bankers with globals. But, I think you only get up to 4 tabs for your character's personal bank.

Bank slots? Like...normal bank or account bank? The account bank you find in your hideout can have it's inventory expanded through purchases. As for the normal bank, that is expanded by buying more tabs from the bankers with globals. But, I think you only get up to 4 tabs for your character's personal bank.

clarification:
    individual character bank slots for Golds can be increased via Resources, but Silvers cannot, at all

anyway, tangent, but ty for attempting to sort it
    So I'm confused. Did PWI steal my car?​​
    Well in the future our monthly stipend might also be a "bug" and "fixed"
    edited June 2018
    Also I consulted a witch. She saw one future in which all MMOs save CO went bankrupt and with the huge influx of players we got we finally got the Moon update the old devs promised 6 years ago.

Earth and Archery powers still sucked though. There was no future in which they didn't. suxxxors​​