test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170913.6 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
  • Added title and currency exchange items to Toy Master.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the tooltip on the Rabies advantage stated it needed to be fully charged to work when it requires a half charge.

Moonstruck
  • New Advantage (2 pts): Standing in Moonstruck while using the Regeneration passive increases the base resistance granted by the passive to 25% (from 20) and prevents this amount from lowering when you lose health. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
  • New Advantage (2 pts): Gives allies standing in Moonstruck a 25% resistance to knock effects. This increases to 50% if they are affected by the Furious buff.
  • New Advantage (2 pts): Reduces the cooldown on Howl by 1 second every times you are healed by Moonstruck. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.

Veteran Rewards
  • Free costume change tokens (from the 800 day veteran reward) are now capped to a total of 5.
  • When making a new character you will still receive one, but the total amount you can have claimed on your account at a time is now 5.
  • If you have more than 5 on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5.
  • If you are at the limit of 5, any costume change token items you receive from creating a new character will remain in your inventory, and you can use it once you've used up one of your free changes.
  • The free costume change token item now requires you to be at least level 10 to use.
  • This is being done as players were continuously creating and deleting characters to stack up the free tokens. This was not intended.
​​

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Fixing an exploit, good job \o/ ;)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Could have just made the token bound to character, instead of account...but, hey, I have like 100 toons, all with their own token...so...screw me because I did not do the exploit because I didn't know you could do that... In short, I'll lose over 90 tokens because of doing the smart change of making them bound on character instead of account (or not even touching the existing ones), they are doing this. I've deleted maybe...one toon, out of the 170 or so toons I've made since the beginning of the game's life. So, yeah, this is a BAD move on their part. Punishes people that did nothing wrong. Always a better fix if you look hard enough. In truth, I most likely still have over 150 of those tokens, each toon with the one they came with, none with more. So, why should I be punished because of some exploiters when there are other ways to go about it?

I'll even go furthure by stating that I never really did agree with how costume changes are so expensive. Their price when compared to how hard it is to get Globals without selling costumes and other stuff, is way to high. Now, if on the other hand, we had missions and such that could be done daily that would net us around even 50 globals a day, than I could agree with how expensive costume changes are. But, as the way things are. Its to expensive.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Maybe I’m mis-reading something, but how would this be punishing you/anyone? Sounds like those characters will still have their tokens.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Since this "exploit" is getting removed, I'd like to address the HUGE cost of globals it takes to customize a lvl 40.

Do my undies cost more now because of the experience? I get you earn more global at a higher level...but that is still just too much.

I once spent over 600G just editing ONE toon (and his 40+ looks). With the addition of the super creator and new locations it's just hard to keep up with editing and still have enough money to do it.

I don't know the answer but it really adds up.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Couldn't have just reduced Howl's base cooldown. Just need to get an event power to make Howl viable. Hope it will be worth it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Veteran Rewards
    • Free costume change tokens (from the 800 day veteran reward) are now capped to a total of 5.
    • When making a new character you will still receive one, but the total amount you can have claimed on your account at a time is now 5.
    • If you have more than 5 on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5.
    • If you are at the limit of 5, any costume change token items you receive from creating a new character will remain in your inventory, and you can use it once you've used up one of your free changes.
    • The free costume change token item now requires you to be at least level 10 to use.
    • This is being done as players were continuously creating and deleting characters to stack up the free tokens. This was not intended.
    While I'm all for patching up exploits, why not just do so by removing the tailoring cost entirely? It's not like the cost adds anything meaningful to the game.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    jonesing4 said:

Maybe I’m mis-reading something, but how would this be punishing you/anyone? Sounds like those characters will still have their tokens.

Well, either it's me mis-reading something, or you are. But, the following is what triggered me.

"If you have more than 5 on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5."

To me, that is saying they are removing the ones you have extra? Otherwise, this fix really won't fix the exploit. Cause the following part makes it confusing.

"If you are at the limit of 5, any costume change token items you receive from creating a new character will remain in your inventory, and you can use it once you've used up one of your free changes."

So, people will be able to get more than 5 tokens? Just, can only use five to queue up five changes at a time? In which case...this won't fix the issue as I said. Cause, the person would still be able to stack the tokens in their inventory, use their five uses, hop out of the tailor, use five more, go back in, and once out of tokens, go create another character, collect that token, and repeat the cycle. Unless, the following means something else?

"The free costume change token item now requires you to be at least level 10 to use."

For, how that reads, even though your character will recieve the token at creation, they can't use it till 10. But, that wasn't what people were doing, from the sounds of this. From how I'd see this exploit being used is that the player would be transfering the tokens to their 40s and using them on them. And this would still be true.

In which case, the solution to that is even more obvious...award the token at level 10, not at creation. And, that would actually solve the problem even better than what they have here.

Of course, the best solution would be to remove the cost all together, but, that won't happen. At best, I'd say that they need to either: 1, add some way to get a reliable source of Globals to be able to aford costume changes, or two, reduce the price of costume changes to a price that makes sense for how hard it is to actually make globals without farming rare costume pieces, or selling lockbox stuff for excessive amounts. I say excessive amounts, because if you add up the totals of most of the recent lockbox costume sets that were split into multiple pieces from pieces typically found in the AH, getting the complete set tends to be more expensive than buying the complete sets from the past lockboxes. Remember, the idea behind the seperate pieces was to reduce the price of getting the costumes, and while for some people, that is the truth, because they can cherry pick the pieces they want, for others, that are collectors, like me, it means, I'm typically spending more on the set than in the past. In short, the idea, failed, again, as it did in the past, when lockbox costume sets, and loot bag costume sets were like that. That is in fact WHY they made the costume sets drop as a single item in the first place, in an attempt to reduce prices on the AH and make it easier for costume collectors to get the complete set. And that actually worked slightly better, for the most part anyways. In truth, both methods failed in the "reduce prices" department. But, that is a seperate issue.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    So this is essentially a cap on the account wide free tokens?

Just so I've understood it... New characters will always receive a free token on creation, but that this will be bound to character (i.e. an inventory item) if you've already got five account wide ones stacked up?

OK I guess. I can see why people were making the characters - lots of alts, lots of costumes to change when new materials come out, and the cost at L40 is a bit excessive - but this doesn't seem to bad.

PS Re: Bloodmoon. Would it be possible to add a "Teleport To Vibora Bay" device as a drop from the reanimated Superheroes or Crypts, in both temp and perm form? Not only is it appropriate - Vibora's full of ghosts, ghouls and things that go bump in the night - but it might be a nice way of opening up the Zone to more players and especially those with alts where people can't face running the Apocalypse story line again. Apologies if this is already in the game and I've missed it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    New Advantage (2 pts): Standing in Moonstruck while using the Regeneration passive increases the base resistance granted by the passive to 25% (from 20) and prevents this amount from lowering when you lose health. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
    New Advantage (2 pts): Gives allies standing in Moonstruck a 25% resistance to knock effects. This increases to 50% if they are affected by the Furious buff.
    New Advantage (2 pts): Reduces the cooldown on Howl by 1 second every times you are healed by Moonstruck. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
    So... it got only synergy with Bestial and nothing else
    That's dissapointing, I was expecting synergies with Sorcery, Darkness and Celestial :/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The costume change tokens are bound. So, if you already have 5 free costume changes, you can't "use" more tokens until at least one of those free changes is used up.

The costume change token isn't the free change itself--it is a bound item that, when used, gives your account a free costume change.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited October 2017
    avianos wrote: »
    So... it got only synergy with Bestial and nothing else
    That's dissapointing, I was expecting synergies with Sorcery, Darkness and Celestial :/
    Furious is part of munitions, so there's that as well.

The only thing that stops a bad dog with a gun
    93nvjeU.jpg

...is a good dog with a gun
    ybTwOhR.jpg

Think responsibly. Arm your pets.

No but seriously, I'm okay with a lack of synergy on this one. Makes the power feel less important to grind out.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited October 2017
    aesica wrote: »
    Furious is part of munitions, so there's that as well.
    Munition doesnt have any power which applies Furious on Allies, only Howl does that which seems to be the MAIN synergy focus for the creation of this power

So yeah, Zero synergy unless the allies use Furious by their own
    The only thing that stops a bad dog with a gun
    Bestial is not only for Animal characters...​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    avianos said:

Bestial is not only for Animal characters...​​

That's a lot like saying Munitions is not only for gun characters.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2017
    That's a lot like saying Munitions is not only for gun characters.
    Excuse you? what? Beyond Werewolves, you can make theme characters using bestial such as

Demons, Vampires, Berserk Robots, Assassins who use Fighting claws bracers, Mutants, Monsters, Aliens, Insectoids and many more

Going with the mindset that Bestial is only for animal characters is so uncreative

and Munition can be used for non gun characters too, like Robots, power armours and many more
    Imaginary weapons and gun bracers/hand costumes we were getting made it possible​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    edited October 2017
    I tried to use bestial with a human(oid). And with a robot. The moment they start "chowing down" on the target is the moment I'm like "nope, this isn't going to work thematically" so I turn to another framework. :(

Edit: That said, maybe I'm boring, but I don't really like playing as mutant animals or random horror creatures. Robots and humans mainly, so there's not a lot I can do with bestial unless I want to suspend my immersion.​​
    edited October 2017
    Oh and I was looking forward for Moonstruck for spellcaster theme characters, Especially on one of my healers who have "Moonlight Sonata" music theme... but apparently Moonstruck is using the Howl animation to summon the rune, making it feel out of place

What a mess :/​​
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    avianos said:

Excuse you? what? Beyond Werewolves, you can make theme characters using bestial such as

Demons, Vampires, Berserk Robots, Assassins who use Fighting claws bracers, Mutants, Monsters, Aliens, Insectoids and many more

Going with the mindset that Bestial is only for animal characters is so uncreative

and Munition can be used for non gun characters too, like Robots, power armours and many more​​

Sure why not, demons eat people all the time. Vampires literally drink people blood. Berserk robots oh that's a cute stretch. But robots can also eat people so we're on the right track. Assassins who use fighting claws can... Use the claw powers. Mutants eat people, monsters eat people, aliens eat people, insects eat people and many more eat people.

At the end of the day they're all basically beasts. Things that eat people and tear at them with claws and teeth. Otherwise they'd be killing each other with more civilized weapons like lightsabers.

I mean bestial literally means beast, the powers are meant to be used by beast-like characters. Doesn't matter what kinda build you wanna shoehorn that into (my mind controller is just nibbling the psychic essence out of you!) it's still beast moves.

C'maaaaaaaan.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    It's too bad that animations aren't separate from their powers. I.e. you can pick any animation you like to go with any power. I hate the Conflagration animation and always wish I could have another option for that one.
    avianos said:

Oh and I was looking forward for Moonstruck for spellcaster theme characters, Especially on one of my healers who have "Moonlight Sonata" music theme... but apparently Moonstruck is using the Howl animation to summon the rune, making it feel out of place

What a mess :/​​

Another reason to avoid Bite.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,088 Cryptic Developer
    To clarify some things:
    Costume Change Token is an item granted to you upon reaching the 800 day veteran reward. Existing characters get one, and any new characters made get one. This is a character bound item (and always has been).

When you use this item, it gives you a account wide coupon that can be used to waive one fee at the tailor.

What this change is doing is capping the account wide coupon to 5. Prior to this change it didn't have any sort of cap.

This lack of a cap, combined with the item granted upon character creation, allowed players to create and delete characters to completely bypass tailor costs.

If you create a new character and you're at the cap of 5, you will still get the item. If you try to use the item, the game will tell you it cannot be used.

Once you've used up one of your coupons at the tailor, you'll be able to use the item.

Tailor costs aren't going anywhere, and serve as a money sink in the game. What this change will let us do going forward is be more willing to hand out tokens like this for special events, rewards, etc, where prior we avoided it knowing players would take advantage of it (this happened a couple anniversaries ago).​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Moonstruck

• New Advantage (2 pts): Standing in Moonstruck while using the Regeneration passive increases the base resistance granted by the passive to 25% (from 20) and prevents this amount from lowering when you lose health. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
    • New Advantage (2 pts): Gives allies standing in Moonstruck a 25% resistance to knock effects. This increases to 50% if they are affected by the Furious buff.
    • New Advantage (2 pts): Reduces the cooldown on Howl by 1 second every times you are healed by Moonstruck. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
    • ​​
    Interesting. I think I actually care about getting this power now. Might be neat to be able to buff people around me with Furious constantly.

Is that first advantage just a 5% increase no matter what rank the player's Regeneration is, or does it increase with the rank of the passive?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kaizerin said:

This lack of a cap, combined with the item granted upon character creation, allowed players to create and delete characters to completely bypass tailor costs.

I'm not sure how this changes matters significantly; if you aren't capped you can still create characters and delete them indefinitely to get yourself back up to the cap, it just adds a slight inconvenience. The level requirement is what matters, and level 10 is pretty easy to reach.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    So... Basically the token change only hurts people who weren't "exploiting" the game by making it irritating to use their infinite tailor tokens and removing the way more than 5 free changes they have because they love the game and made lots of alts? But there are still infinite tailor tokens even after this change. What is this fixing again? Nothing? Good to know.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    I like how people are both complaining that the change doesn't change anything, but somehow also punishes people.
    spinnytop said:

I like how people are both complaining that the change doesn't change anything, but somehow also punishes people.

What it means is that you can't just have a character spam session where you create fifty characters, use their tokens, delete them, and not need to do it again until you've used up fifty tokens. Instead, you have to create five characters, get them to level 10, delete them, and repeat this process every five tokens.

It also means that if you've stored up coupons, whether or not you did it via exploit, they're being capped at 5.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Sounds like my Infernal/Regen off tank is going to have to farm Bite. Frankly, I'd prefer they just boost Regen to compete better in wireframe-boss content, but I'll take what I can get.
    Post edited by revanantmorituri on
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.

What it means is that you can't just have a character spam session where you create fifty characters, use their tokens, delete them, and not need to do it again until you've used up fifty tokens. Instead, you have to create five characters, get them to level 10, delete them, and repeat this process every five tokens.

It also means that if you've stored up coupons, whether or not you did it via exploit, they're being capped at 5.

So it does change something after all. Making an exploit harder to do is sometimes the solution if you can't stop people from doing it entirely. Hell I didn't even realize this existed, I just pay for my costume changes so to me it doesn't really look like an issue if some free costume changes dissappear.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    Oops... I think I'm one of those people that have stored up... probably 50+ free tailor tokens. I didn't even know you got those, let alone that they were account-wide! I just like making new characters!

So like, is there anywhere you can go that tells you how many you have? That'd be pretty helpful. I always see the "click here to use free token" thing in the tailor, but it doesn't tell me how many, and that'd be helpful to know.
  • aesica wrote: »
    I tried to use bestial with a human(oid). And with a robot. The moment they start "chowing down" on the target is the moment I'm like "nope, this isn't going to work thematically" so I turn to another framework.

so don't use bite or thrash; those are the only two BS powers i know of that have 'chow down' animations​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited October 2017
    I tried to use bestial with a human(oid). And with a robot. The moment they start "chowing down" on the target is the moment I'm like "nope, this isn't going to work thematically" so I turn to another framework. :(
    Things that eat people and tear at them with claws and teeth. Otherwise they'd be killing each other with more civilized weapons like lightsabers.
    "Eating people" "chowing down"

Why do you guys always focus on powers like Trash, Bite and Devour Essence?
    NOBODY is forcing you to use those powers when playing as Bestial, you have the freedom to NOT pick them and get another self healing, the powerframe is not punishing you for not using them

Not even i use those powers because I hate them for visual and aesthetic reasons, we have plenty of self healing powers nowdays
    Sounds like my Infernal/Regen off tank is going to have to farm Bite. Frankly, I'd prefer they just boost Regen to compete better in wireframe-boss content, but I'll take what I can get.

Oh Boy, it does sounds as a Vital utility power for Regen tanks

I dont understand neither why they didnt just boosted Regen resistance and having us to get a power to do so :/​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Couldn't have just reduced Howl's base cooldown. Just need to get an event power to make Howl viable. Hope it will be worth it.

avianos said:

Oh Boy, it does sounds as a Vital utility power for Regen tanks

I dont understand neither why they didnt just boosted Regen resistance and having us to get a power to do so :/​​

This are 2 very valid points that got lost in the sea of "QQ plz no remove exploit" comments.
    edited October 2017
    So lets review the situation with the Moonstruck power
    1. The power's ADVs are very Vital for Regeneration Tank Users for endgame due to the Resistance boost and the fact it makes the resistance granted by Regen permanent (Sidenote: Regen tanks are variable for endgame but requires a LOT OF BLOCKING, not good for main tanks)
      New Advantage (2 pts): Standing in Moonstruck while using the Regeneration passive increases the base resistance granted by the passive to 25% (from 20) and prevents this amount from lowering when you lose health. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
      This is not something you can ignore, the power is not just cosmetic, it's a major buff for Regen tanks
    2. The power's ADVs are very Vital for HOWL users, a very Niche power with long Cooldown
      New Advantage (2 pts): Gives allies standing in Moonstruck a 25% resistance to knock effects. This increases to 50% if they are affected by the Furious buff.
      New Advantage (2 pts): Reduces the cooldown on Howl by 1 second every times you are healed by Moonstruck. This affects any player standing in Moonstruck.
      Knock resistance for Furious users as well as reduced cooldown
    3. The power requires 350 SCR and the Moonstruck perk, which requires 5 perks
      • In Memoriam
      • Thrash of the Lich King
      • Silver Bullet
      • Leader of the Pack
      • Wolfsbane
      Two of which are Psedo-PVP perks for Bite, an Event barely anyone cared about and which was always getting abandomed withing the first few days of Bloodmoon
      Things are worse since they require you kill 100 players for each function

Questioning
    1. At first I was very excited for a new Rune power but then I got dissapointed when i saw the way to earn it, and then i became concerned about the special ADVs and synergies the power has
    2. Why did you create a power locked behind Event to make Regen and Howl performance BETTER? (imagine doing the same with PFF)
    3. Why none of the revamps and changes for Bestial Supernatural made any change and gave already existing powers synergies to archieve that? Other powers could have been given the advs as well
    4. Why wasn't Regen resistance buffed with the Bestial Revamp? (there is a reason Invulnerability and Defiance are the kings of Endgame tanking)
    5. Why should I go into trouble playing an Event I might NOT enjoy in order to fill the gaps in the Bestial powerframe?
    6. Why wasn't an identical power made for free from the start and I have to get into trouble getting it like it's some kind of DLC for Bestial?
    7. Comparing this to Holy Water from Nightmare Invansion, Moonstruck utilities are superior

I understand that all this was made to boost BITE Popularity and encourage more people to play this part of the event, but I its a waste of DEVs time and resources and locking a power that can make a very big difference for the Regen tanks' performance feels extremely forced​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    As someone who used to be a regen tank a long time ago, and was really hoping to be a regen tank again some day, I find this incredibly disappointing. It's not fair that an underpowered passive should be required to take a specific power that can only be unlocked from an event perk just to perform ok-ish at cosmics. Should have just buffed regen (and PFF) to be on par with the other defensive passives.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Actually, we don't know if Regen hasn't been scheduled for a revamp at some point. The appearance of Moonstruck would seem to indicate that Regens tanking issues are on the devs radar. This could even be a test to see just what impact tweaking Regen has on end game. I remain cautiously optimistic this is a good omen.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    opalflame said:

As someone who used to be a regen tank a long time ago, and was really hoping to be a regen tank again some day, I find this incredibly disappointing. It's not fair that an underpowered passive should be required to take a specific power that can only be unlocked from an event perk just to perform ok-ish at cosmics. Should have just buffed regen (and PFF) to be on par with the other defensive passives.

The problem with regen is that it's actually really strong in a lot of content -- it's just that the content it's strong in isn't really high profile. Regen beats Defiance unless a boss has raw dps (after blocking but before other defenses) above about 5k, or has raw damage sufficient to spike the regen tank down before he can be healed. Very few bosses meet those requirements -- really only Cosmics, TA Gravitar and Grond, warzone OM bosses, and maybe Frosticus.

PFF, however, has no excuse.
    edited October 2017
    BUG: Moonstuck - Moonlight ADV, the ADV is not working, Regeneration is not gaining the +5% bonus and the resistance still reduce on damage

BUG: Moonstuck - Moonlight Frenzy ADV, the ADV is not working, Howl CD is not being effected by the Healing over Time

I bet the knock resistance ADV is not working neither​​
    edited October 2017
    kaizerin said:

To clarify some things:

Costume Change Token is an item granted to you upon reaching the 800 day veteran reward. Existing characters get one, and any new characters made get one. This is a character bound item (and always has been).

When you use this item, it gives you a account wide coupon that can be used to waive one fee at the tailor.

What this change is doing is capping the account wide coupon to 5. Prior to this change it didn't have any sort of cap.

If you create a new character and you're at the cap of 5, you will still get the item. If you try to use the item, the game will tell you it cannot be used.

Once you've used up one of your coupons at the tailor, you'll be able to use the item.

Tailor costs aren't going anywhere, and serve as a money sink in the game. What this change will let us do going forward is be more willing to hand out tokens like this for special events, rewards, etc, where prior we avoided it knowing players would take advantage of it (this happened a couple anniversaries ago).​​

Ah, well, that helps....and that actually explains something I was confused about when I was getting multiple free costume changes, despite having only one token on the character. But, at the same time that doesn't explain how some of my characters get multiple free costume changes when characters I was changing before them did not have any. Never thought anything strange about it till now. So, you might want to look into the system to make sure its working right. And setting it to work at level 10, helps negate some of the exploit, but, not all, since, you know, its easy and quick to get to level 10 (unless you are a new player and have no idea what you are doing).

And, frankly, I've never seen the Tailor as a money sink. I've spent so much more Globals in the AH than the tailor, it makes the tailor seen as a money sink seem...obsolete. In fact, I would most likely be correct if I say that most people spend far more Globals on the AH than on tailoring. So, the Tailor needed as a money sink, is actually not needed as a money sink. But, that last bit is my opinion, take it or leave it.

Also, my point about how hard it is to actually get Globals without farming rare costumes to sell for ludicrious prices in the AH stands. That was my real point about the cost of Tailoring, is that there was no real way to offset the high prices of the tailor, no reliable way to make globals. There used to be a reliable way to earn globals...but...that was removed. I mean, seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that I make several thousands of globals selling stuff from each new lockbox after getting what I wanted from it, I'd be dirt poor in this game because of no real reliable way to earn globals. Quests, even at level 40, do not give anywhere near a good amount of globals from them. And no, I will not go fight cosmics, just to screw up, and have all the elitest that go to them yell and scream at me. And no, I will not go grind mobs for rare costumes that have way to low of a drop rate. And no, the alert for globals doesn't really cut it either, way to repetive for my liking. I have stopped liking the alert system, a long time ago. But, yeah, that's my two cents on that problem.

But, still, thanks for the clarification on the tokens. That helped a lot.
    CO does seem to have lost all of its major global sources; there's nothing I know of that's meaningfully better than Smash farming. Presumably this is why we've been seeing falling prices for keys.
    spinnytop said:

Well, if what Kai said is true, if, say, I hopped on my 100+ Toons (I really have no idea on how many still have the tokens, just that majority of my 170 toons have them still) and used them all, because I did not know about this change, and then the change happened, and suddenly, my 100+ or so free changes that I did not know I had because there is no indicator in the tailor that would indicate how many tokens you have (Hey, Kai, you might want to add something to the tailor to tell people how many tokens they have used, so people know how many they have, would be a huge help) was reduced to 5...thats being punished, despite the change fixes nothing, cause, the exploiters will just now make toons when they need to, hit level 10 in less than an hour, use the token, delete the toon, and repeat the process. At first glance, it does seem that it fixes the issue, but, in reality, it doesn't, and just punishes those that did not know about the exploit, or will even do the exploit even after learning about it.

Hopefully, I'm still misunderstanding something here...but, just to be on the safe side, I will not use any tokens, until the change.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    opalflame said:

A 5% buff + not having it drop resist does not take it from underpowered to ok-ish at Cosmics. It's just as good (or bad) as before. Moonstruck *seems* meaningful for an Offtank...any Offtank...and more meaningful for a Regen Offtank. But it doesn't mean much when it comes to main tanking Cosmics.

I'd advise against feeling "incredibly disappointed" or really feeling incredibly anything without trying it out.
    kamokami said:

A 5% buff + not having it drop resist does not take it from underpowered to ok-ish at Cosmics. It's just as good (or bad) as before.

Well, it's very slightly better, but probably not enough to matter. A regen tank with 17k hp, +100% DR from Defense, and TK shield rank 3 will survive a single dino bite up to 208k, but two consecutive normal bites with no healing (120k) will be fatal (9.8k from the first hit, heal 1.5k, 11.2k from the second; total 19.5k). Add moonstruck and instead and you can now survive a single bite of 212k, but will still die to two consecutive bites (9.6k, heal 1,500, 9.6k, total 17.7k). By comparison, the Defiance tank (20%/stack) would survive a single bite up to 286k, and will survive two normal bites with no healing and die to the third.
    edited October 2017
    Too bad, you cannot test the performance right now, all the Moonstuck ADVs are bugged

I assume nobody tested this while it was in PTS :smiley:​​
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Didn't even know there was a new power added. But mine as well test-

Can confirm that the Howl and Regen advs don't seem to be working on PTS for Moonstruck (Regen one via laser testing- no diff result seen).

On the subject of healing runes, it seems that Expulse's rune and Condemn's adv rune don't proc Conjuring or Spellcaster, though Pillar of Poz and Moonstruck do. They all appear to be locking each other out, which I assume is still intended.

kamokami said:

A 5% buff + not having it drop resist does not take it from underpowered to ok-ish at Cosmics. It's just as good (or bad) as before.

Well, it's very slightly better, but probably not enough to matter. A regen tank with 17k hp, +100% DR from Defense, and TK shield rank 3 will survive a single dino bite up to 208k, but two consecutive normal bites with no healing (120k) will be fatal (9.8k from the first hit, heal 1.5k, 11.2k from the second; total 19.5k). Add moonstruck and instead and you can now survive a single bite of 212k, but will still die to two consecutive bites (9.6k, heal 1,500, 9.6k, total 17.7k). By comparison, the Defiance tank (20%/stack) would survive a single bite up to 286k, and will survive two normal bites with no healing and die to the third.
    tbf, I'm not sure there will ever be a time where the other passives are balanced w/ Defiance when it comes to big hits, but still not unbalanced everywhere else.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    flowcyto said:

tbf, I'm not sure there will ever be a time where the other passives are balanced w/ Defiance when it comes to big hits, but still not unbalanced everywhere else.

Wasn't addressing whether or not they should be. Just confirming that this change will not mean they are.

I think it's sort of a problem of glory. Regen's better than Defiance in most tanking situations, very few bosses have the sustained or spike damage to make Defiance better and an awful lot of bosses can be tanked unsupported with Regen, but the highest profile tanking in the game is Cosmic bosses, and Defiance is better there, so Regen feels underpowered.
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kaizerin said:

If you have more than 5 on your account currently, this patch will cap the amount to 5.
    ​​

This specifically punishes people who never intentionally exploited the system.

Presumably those who created alts to get tokens did so after using theirs.

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User

Wasn't addressing whether or not they should be. Just confirming that this change will not mean they are.

I think it's sort of a problem of glory. Regen's better than Defiance in most tanking situations, very few bosses have the sustained or spike damage to make Defiance better and an awful lot of bosses can be tanked unsupported with Regen, but the highest profile tanking in the game is Cosmic bosses, and Defiance is better there, so Regen feels underpowered.

Yea, as odd as it may be to have a locked power tied to Regen (and Howl) like that, 5% is still not much overall- I generally agree.

What you say about content visibility and Defiance is a good point to keep in mind as well.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I don't see why regen being powerful in the other content is such a problem. Even with defiance, content other than end game is faceroll easy to the point that I can just sit there and mash buttons and still win. Regen being decent in end game won't change that.

Also, I'll admit I did kinda overreact with that first post. I was in a bit of a bad mood. Sorry about that.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I've been getting my tokens in my bags from the start. I have to actually click on them to get any stored.
    I have over 100 alts as well because I'm an Altaholic. No, I haven't created characters just to get the tokens.
    It's no great problem.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User

CO does seem to have lost all of its major global sources; there's nothing I know of that's meaningfully better than Smash farming. Presumably this is why we've been seeing falling prices for keys.

that and the gold selelrs who flooded the amrkets months ago. Then other people deciding they wanted to buy in bulk at cheap prices and some people selling to them for quick globals.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.