FC.31.20170531.41 - Misc

2»

Comments

• tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    I forgot to agree with Bluhman earlier:
    bluhman said:

The anthro heads are still super good.

sup gex
    Yeah, really digging the quality of these, well done. These have a lot of heart and personality, thanks. I might make my own interpretation of a rad-to-the-max lizard, I think that'd be fun, like what you made here:

Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • hyenagenki#9321 hyenagenki Posts: 40 Arc User
    avianos said:

I DON'T ask for the alert became easier, I ask for the alert to become LESS GOSH DARN ANNOYING, the cutscenes spam makes me want to shoot myself when I farm Vigilante with multiply characters​​

That's why I suggested before that cutscenes should be skippable, I suggested a voteskip function but I don't know if that's too much work, at least pressing space bar or escape would work.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Those cutscenes are fairly tedious. It'd be nice if they were cut and you just made the sound from them play over the fight itself.

Skippable cutscenes requires a bunch of coding n stuff... not sure if we're ever getting that ;-;
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Yeah I doubt Skippable instance cutscenes can even be archieved with the game's code

Cutting the scene and having the dialogue playing on the background is more possible​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Wait, so we got new items added to the Malvanum store but we didn't get the Circus Malvanum this update? When will that event actually take place again? Only been wanting a costume piece in that store for over a year now..
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

aesica said:

The timer really should just go away. DPS check content is pretty much the lowest of the low hanging fruit in terms of challenging players as it is, but having it in pug-based content in particular is atrocious.​​

Bear in mind that as far as quest completion goes, you only need to pass something like round 5 or 6 (I forget which). There's no particular reason the difficulty can't just ramp up ridiculously from there, such that nothing but a premade of optimized builds with top-end gear can clear the final stage.

I dislike the timer because FM is (lore-wise) supposed to be entertainment, and a timer fail is just about the least entertaining way to end a gladiatorial fight. I'd probably tweak for something like:
    1. All fights have a respawn lockout (might need to be delayed so people defeated in a prior round have time to respawn).
    2. Late stage bosses have their offense boosted by enough that being defeated is a real risk.
    3. Rather than a hard timer, after a certain amount of time stuff starts happening that will eventually end the fight, such as stacking debuffs on everyone present.
    4. Round 9 should be replaced by something significant. Maybe a nemesis round.
    You may not need to pass ironclad/durotok but not doing so greatly reduces your chances of getting anything of value from the alert. The 1-3g is pitiful given how annoying this alert is. If they're going to lock costumes behind it, this alert can be made challenging with out time limits or making it impossible for pugs that might not be optimal.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    "Added Dual Armoring mods to the debugger. Currently we are testing the Armoring versions before making Enhancement versions. These mods combine two stats. These items will eventualy be added as regular mob drops and most likely be introduced into the mod packs found in Lockboxes."

Instead of mob drops and lockbox rewards, why not add them to Bursts instead? Burst alerts have been in need of some form of decent incentive and this might be it. Likewise, the mod investigation nodes could stand to have these added to them.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    Yeah, really digging the quality of these, well done. These have a lot of heart and personality, thanks. I might make my own interpretation of a rad-to-the-max lizard, I think that'd be fun, like what you made here:
    0c0856d33953a31b70437cfe95ccfdff1448332633.jpg
    This Dude is still the RADEST and most 90s designed character I have seen :sunglasses:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Those cutscenes are fairly tedious. It'd be nice if they were cut and you just made the sound from them play over the fight itself.

Skippable cutscenes requires a bunch of coding n stuff... not sure if we're ever getting that ;-;
    Since all the crap spawns in front of the entrance for the initial wave and inside the enemy entrance for the other 2, I suspect the cutscenes are also meant to reset player positions. Otherwise, you know everyone would just preemptively move to the spawn spots and intercept things instantly. They kind of already do with waves 2 and 3.

If they could manage to randomize spawn locations all around the arena, there wouldn't be a need to abuse gameplay-interrupting cutscenes. Instead, the flow could be something like this:
    • Players behind barrier, waiting for everyone to zone in.
    • Barrier disappears and Tatas starts flapping his gums about glory unending with just the voiceovers--no cutscene. During this time, players can file in.
    • First round starts, first wave spawns in a random location. Assuming the player entrance is at 6:00, enemies could spawn in from anywhere between 8:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00. Waves 2 and 3 would also spawn in random locations. This makes spawn camping impossible, and that's a good thing.
    • Bosses would zone in from 12:00 (current enemy entrance).
    • No hard failure time limits, but as was suggested, after a certain time period, soft enrage mechanics could activate: Fire raining down on the entire arena, lightning strikes hitting random players, extra really tough enemies spawning in periodically, enemies gaining a wow-enrage-style damage strength boost, etc
    avianos wrote: »
    Yeah I doubt Skippable instance cutscenes can even be archieved with the game's code

Cutting the scene and having the dialogue playing on the background is more possible
    Yeah, they probably don't know how to do it in a multiplayer instance, since during that time, players are both immobilized and invulnerable. Pretty sure they probably don't want some players sitting in cutscenes while others are running around fighting stuff, possibly even triggering the next cutscene before the first one is done.

They really should just go away. I don't mind cutscenes in single player stuff like questing, but in multiplayer "gogogo" settings, especially when the content is designed around being farmed, cutscenes bring literally nothing of value. 100% cancer.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Just posting this here if you miss the other thread
    Kaizerin, I'm curious as to why you remove the Detail > None option from the Animal Pack. Such an option gave the head a clean look. Here one without the option and one with the None Option

Such little detail can effect the entire character. If this was a "bug", can you please place the option back?
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    [color="#ff0000"]BUG
    Oh also I found another bug with the Alien Armor shoulder pads and bracers, the don't have the detail texture option in the tailor.[/color]​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    *Edit* Disregard this, I'm apparently blind
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    kaizerin said:

Added Firewing's tights (Partial Mask, Chest, Legs) as a rare reward from Forum Malvanum.
    ​​

The Firewing Tights are a nice addition.......

However, there are some color bleed problems with the set. If you use a lighter color in the first channel than in the second channel, the first color bleeds over (see the yellow dots). This happens on both male and female models.....

Suggestion: Please clean up the Firewing Chest and Firewing Legs Tights to remove the color bleed from the first color channel into the second and third color channels

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    So that is the partial mask?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

So that is the partial mask?

Yup

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    So let me get this straight… It's a completely identical design, but because it's a partial mask we are unable to use the facial details… A+ everyone
    edited July 2017
    So let me get this straight… It's a completely identical design, but because it's a partial mask we are unable to use the facial details… A+ everyone
    Thats... a really huge downgrade​​
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    could facial details be added to the partial mask category?

also, please restore the 'none' detail option on the animal pack set. I do not want craggy faced critters, I want smooth faced animal toons.