Please post mission feedback here.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

XP rewards on a max-level zone.... unless a level-cap increase is incoming, better rewards could be in order.

Heads up:
    kaizerin said:

NOTE: Rewards have not been put in place yet. The regular missions will grant Silver Champion Recognition while the cosmic encounter will grant Silver and Gold Champion Recognition. All rewards will also give Hermes Requisition.
    ​​

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    GENERAL CONCLUSIONS:

I have done all the missions up to the dailies on three characters now. An infernal hybrid with Regeneration, a PA dps with 10 con, only reconstruction circuits as its heal, and no ADs, and finally a melee DPS. I was able to solo the missions on all three characters.

What I loved about it was that I had to figure the enemies out, specifically which ones did what, what order to kill them in, and when to move around. Movement was especially important on the very fragile PA character, lots of guerilla tactics there. Even the melee had to use some movement ( especially for those mind worms, talk about area denial! ). At first I had problems and got floored a few times, but once I had figured them out I was beating them up but it was still good and challenging. Even when I had figured them out I still had to play good, keep on my toes, and fight like a champion.

Once a second player was added, the missions were much easier, and that's fine because the missions are intended for two people. That means that the strongest, best players can solo these missions, but most players will be best served by grabbing a buddy or two.

SPECIFIC SUGGESTIONS:

Suggestion: Mobs in the northmost area, the destroyer bots and the sharks, are pretty weak compared to mobs in the worm and horror areas, they could use some buffing to match up to the others.

Suggestion: Multifarian Reinforcements - it's weird in this mission that you first have to get 3 codes before you can even start shutting down portals. It feels more intuitive to get a code, then do the portal right next to it, rather than getting the codes, then going back around to shut the portals.

Suggestion: Secrets of the Shadow Cult feels like it runs a bit long, maybe reduce the number of lore bits required.

Suggestion: A lot of the boxes for Worm Treasures are placed so you can just walk up and grab them without having to fight anything. Not sure if intended.

Bug
    Where it happens: Wormification Missions
    What happens: When somebody frees someone from the container, everyone nearby gets credit even if they didn't help free them. This effect has quite a radius as somebody was doing that mission while I was doing others and they basically finished the mission for me.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    The mission "Hermes Revisted" does not point towards the UNTIL HQ.
  • cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I feel Secrets of the Shadow Cult should be changed. Instead of requiring 12 lore bits, perhaps only require one while also having a different mission requirement obtained by getting specific mob drops. The reason for this is because it will significantly lower the annoyance of having to both get the lore before other people -and- the new Deadly poison everything keeps applying. It'll keep you having to do things while reducing the amount of frustration.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Okay, testing the open missions:
    I was able to get Slug to spawn once, but then the open mission broke. However, he seems to be using Rakshasa's 'Spawn a zillion worms and break targeting' trick, which is super-annoying.

Oblivion has no time limit, so we had some time fighting her. Two major problems:
    BUG: Her rifts turn invisible but are still extremely dangerous for a quite long time.
    BUG?: her devour essence is very hard to see (and thus block); it heals 115,915 hp most of the time (sometimes it heals a tenth that; there is no apparent pattern). It is unlikely that a team of 6 could exceed her healing.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

I feel Secrets of the Shadow Cult should be changed. Instead of requiring 12 lore bits, perhaps only require one while also having a different mission requirement obtained by getting specific mob drops. The reason for this is because it will significantly lower the annoyance of having to both get the lore before other people -and- the new Deadly poison everything keeps applying. It'll keep you having to do things while reducing the amount of frustration.

This actually brings up a good point, something that will be a huge problem on live even if it isn't right now on test:

While you're fighting a big, annoying pack of stuff, what's to stop someone else from just swooping in and using the objective node? Even after all the trash is cleared, the poison preventing interaction is going to make this really, really nasty.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The 2 of the 3 OMs seem to be bugged and do not work.

Oubliette - the only one that does work seems pretty fun, but right now her main "I am going to kill you" attack, the rift, is rather invisible to people as they run around the OM area....so people just run into it and die.

This is a problem especially later on when there are a bunch of rifts present.
    aesica said:

This actually brings up a good point, something that will be a huge problem on live even if it isn't right now on test:

While you're fighting a big, annoying pack of stuff, what's to stop someone else from just swooping in and using the objective node? Even after all the trash is cleared, the poison preventing interaction is going to make this really, really nasty.

Objective nodes can be used by multiple people. Just because someone else grabs it, doesn't mean you can't. At least that's how the boxes for Worm Treasures works, so they should all work like that. It's a good solution to the very problem you're talking about.

Making things interactable while you're taking damage is likely not in the cards, but the poison falls off before the goons respawn so it's not a big deal.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

Objective nodes can be used by multiple people. Just because someone else grabs it, doesn't mean you can't. At least that's how the boxes for Worm Treasures works, so they should all work like that. It's a good solution to the very problem you're talking about.

Making things interactable while you're taking damage is likely not in the cards, but the poison falls off before the goons respawn so it's not a big deal.
    Hmm.. I do not agree that it is not a big deal. This very handy mechanic will allow players to sit and wait for someone else to do the work while they collect the objectives. This is especially true for gathering the books; they do not reactivate in time with the respawn of the mobs so anyone can just wait until the mobs are cleared in an area to collect them. It's not the ability to collect the objectives that concerns me; its the potential camp and collect tactic that some players will take advantage of.

There are more worm treasures then there are dark lore books, and trying to gather those books is more of a race than a mission. When I completed this mission there were 4 other people doing it too, and it was a bit annoying. I can imagine how much more difficult it with lots of players, especially if players decide to solo it and are using stealth.

Suggestion: Please add more book locations if reducing the required books for the mission is not possible. Those floating platforms are vacated.. :)

Im still not finished with the dailies; then again, I am using only Legion gear. I will try it with Mercenary next. I want to see if it is possible to do this content with these gear types. I think a lot of players wont have the Cosmic/Justice gear to dive into this new content at first, so I think it will be a good idea to see if it can be done with Mercenary/Legion gear or if that grind gear is actually needed. Im doing well so far, just at a slower pace.
  • remiel8remiel8 Posts: 7 Arc User
    All looks great, my only problem is that their is way to much CC from this mobs, totally kills the flow.
    kyastral said:

Im still not finished with the dailies; then again, I am using only Legion gear. I will try it with Mercenary next. I want to see if it is possible to do this content with these gear types. I think a lot of players wont have the Cosmic/Justice gear to dive into this new content at first, so I think it will be a good idea to see if it can be done with Mercenary/Legion gear or if that grind gear is actually needed. Im doing well so far, just at a slower pace.

Remember that every mission recommends 2 players. It's not intended to be solo content unless you're very strong or skilled.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    So it's not just the toon I was playing, the 2-character minimum is intended as a hard limit. Good to know. Now I know better than to bother with it, with my casual behind.

Someone let me know if anything interesting happens in the Q, okay?​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    jonsills said:

So it's not just the toon I was playing, the 2-character minimum is intended as a hard limit. Good to know. Now I know better than to bother with it, with my casual behind.

Good ol Jon. Never change buddy :smile:
    edited August 2016
    jonsills wrote: »
    So it's not just the toon I was playing, the 2-character minimum is intended as a hard limit.
    It's not a hard limit, it's just a statement that the content is balanced on the assumption of a team of 2.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Now I know better than to bother with it, with my casual behind.
    You know, casuals can team too.​​
    spinnytop said:

kyastral said:

Remember that every mission recommends 2 players. It's not intended to be solo content unless you're very strong or skilled.
    Right and I have teamed with other players a few times already. If a two-player team has Legion/Mercenary gear, even with level 7 mods the progression is only slightly faster than soloing. These reworked mobs hit hard and I just want to see how well a player can survive without the best gear and mods. I dont want to narrow my options by assuming I HAVE to have all of the best gear in the game to get through the content, especially if I dont want to evergrind content for a slim to nothing chance at getting components/loot for that gear.

I did finish the dailies a little while ago, and from this first experience I think it is ok; the dailies need a few more tweaks.

I have mentioned some issues the closed thread, so forgive me if I am repeating myself.

The Nightmare Demolisher does not need a toxic damage ability; there are enough horrors around him, near and far, to stack that damage from range. The mobs respawn fast in that area when you take them out beforehand, so its a race to finish him off before you get that toxic berzerker barrage when his friends come back.

I agree with Spinny about the Multifarian Portal mission; it seems out of place to get the portal codes first (which drop randomly from the engineers, by the way) and then run back to the same area to use them.

Suggestion: Open up another area in the zone and place the Multifarian portals there. A steady stream of handcuffed Multifarians should be walking out of them with their Elder Worm captors (every 30 seconds or so) as well as the area being guarded by Karkakadons and Destroids. Use spinny's suggestion of defeating the engineer then shut down the portal next to it.

• darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    kyastral said:

spinnytop said:

kyastral said:

Right and I have teamed with other players a few times already. If a two-player team has Legion/Mercenary gear, even with level 7 mods the progression is only slightly faster than soloing. These reworked mobs hit hard and I just want to see how well a player can survive without the best gear and mods. I dont want to narrow my options by assuming I HAVE to have all of the best gear in the game to get through the content, especially if I dont want to evergrind content for a slim to nothing chance at getting components/loot for that gear.

And that's a valuable and necessary test. You should be commended for taking the time to do so.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    None of the mobs apply CC or knock resist stacks, which makes things.. annoying to say the least, also th destroids/karckradons seem rather weak when comapered to the other mob groups...also the posion comming off the book stands [or whatever it is that dots you when you get too close after killin all the mobs] prevents you picking them up unless you stand RIGHT on the edge of the interact range, and finally obllouette#'s "your too far away" insta smash attack tirggers the second she spots you instead of having her try to run over to attack first.

those three things aside, my only hope si that the missions give a mixture of gcr and scr so those players who can't stay up until 3am getting people for gcr content can still..adbit slowly, work towards getting gcr vendor items.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Good ol Jon. Never change buddy :smile:
    Don't seem likely to, now that I've tried it with Happifun Security System X-4. That is a hard limit on personnel, where before it's always been a recommendation.

Don't know how well I might do in company, as whenever I get into PTS I seem to be the only person on the server (hence the importance of being able to solo things if I'm going to test anything...).​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

jonsills said:

My solution to getting around all this pseudo-forced grouping nonsense is to just build meatier characters. My damage output may suffer a bit, but eschewing offensive passives for defensive passives like Invulnerability, always maintaining con as a secondary superstat, and making sure rebirth and a few other selfheal-centric powers are in my arsenal helps a bunch. Note that I recommend Invulnerability over the others because even though the resist bonus is lower, the flat reduction component really shines in these situations and, unlike Defiance, it scales with any superstats rather than con specifically.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    I think the Lore mission should have mini markers that show where the tomes are exactly since you can only interact with one each anyways. There are missions in the game that do this.​​
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    On Wormification mission, I've saved more than 5 "humans" but the mission is stuck at 2/5. And yes, I have done different mobs with humans in them to make sure in case I had to fight different mobs to get up to 5. I've seen either 4 or 5 different mobs and defeated them. Still at 2/5.

Edit: nevermind, apparently someone (not in my team) released them and it counted for me when I saved the UNTIL guys. My bad.
    All of these missions are very basic 'defeat X critters' or 'interact X glowies' missions (unless I've missed one, I might not have done quite all of them). Some variety might be nice. For example:

Collect Qliphotic Essence

You receive a Qliphotic Collector. You have to go out and find a Qliphotic Geyser (or whatever those things are called; we know from Demonflame they produce useful energy because you have to lead the Demon Key between them) and interact with it to install a collector. This spawns an object (or immobile critter) on top of the geyser and shuts off the geyser, that gradually collects essence. Meanwhile, ever-increasing waves of enemies attack it and you have to prevent it from being destroyed. If your collector is destroyed you can go back to base and get a new one and complete the mission in more than one pass.

Escort the Prisoners

For one of the rescue missions (probably the elder worms), rather than having the mission target teleport away, you have to lead them to safety. It would be interesting if, instead of a standard escort quest, they were just set to follow you until you reached the safe point. This might be a two stage thing -- lead five prisoners (one at a time) to a staging point, then lead all five of them back to base.

Uneasy Alliance

Have some unaligned qliphotic horrors out there (should not incorporate acolytes or manipulators). The goal of the mission is to get them to fight against one of the other factions by luring a group of each type to a target location; success is when you have X of each faction inside the target volume.
  • crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    aesica said:

My solution to getting around all this pseudo-forced grouping nonsense is to just build meatier characters. My damage output may suffer a bit, but eschewing offensive passives for defensive passives like Invulnerability, always maintaining con as a secondary superstat, and making sure rebirth and a few other selfheal-centric powers are in my arsenal helps a bunch. Note that I recommend Invulnerability over the others because even though the resist bonus is lower, the flat reduction component really shines in these situations and, unlike Defiance, it scales with any superstats rather than con specifically.

This is excellent advice for a soloer, I tried the Invincible passive on my squishy melee DPS and things got a lot better. You lose a little DPS but you stop face planting. Invincible worked better than Defiance. AOPM + Wardicator+ Stacked Defense was't bad either.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    Happifun has Invincible rank 3. Didn't help. I could take down maybe (maybe) one opponent, on one memorable occasion two, and then I was in the dirt, or whatever passes for dirt in the Qliphothic. And time for another long flight back from the one spawn point I'd found. Never got any of the Lore I was supposed to be looking for, either. Like I said, looks like two characters is a dead minimum on these missions. Spinny loves 'em, but then he thinks Dark Souls gets too easy.

I dunno, maybe things will work better when it's on Live and there are more people around (assuming there are more people around), but my experience on PTS was pretty dismal all around.​​

A couple of the critter classes have either healing or shielding abilities; if you don't take them down first you may be stuck in never making progress, particularly if your dps is not huge.

A couple of the critter classes have either healing or shielding abilities; if you don't take them down first you may be stuck in never making progress, particularly if your dps is not huge.

True; for example the dark acolytes/sorcerers and the worm sorcerers cast Aura of Radiant Protection on their groups, with and without being aggroed. They will also cast it on any mobs that join the fight that do not have it already. If you decide to take out a henchman and you dont take it out quick enough, the sorcerer will just recast AORP on your target.

So, as aesica has said, you need a "meatier" character to help outlast those AORP spams; it will also help to have a meatier character for those fast stacking, long lasting debuffs.
    kyastral said:

So, as aesica has said, you need a "meatier" character to help outlast those AORP spams.

Or you can hit them with a heavy spike attack and remove them as a factor.

kyastral said:

So, as aesica has said, you need a "meatier" character to help outlast those AORP spams.

Or you can hit them with a heavy spike attack and remove them as a factor.
    A mix of both is best, I think. While meaty characters can take the punishment dealt by the high-hp mobs, using high burst abilities to 1-2 shot problem targets will also make things easier. Even those tougher characters can find themselves in a bad spot when hit by an unlucky series of chain-stuns/knocks from problematic targets.

Meatier characters are more forgiving with mistakes though, which is why I tend to favor them. I was clearing out some stuff in a chasm when one of the demolishers(?) - the really big, tough mutant-thing with all the knock-aways/knock-tos - decided to join the fight. Pretty sure a squishy character would've been dust without some way to high tail it out of there. :)
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Okay, testing the open missions:

I was able to get Slug to spawn once, but then the open mission broke. However, he seems to be using Rakshasa's 'Spawn a zillion worms and break targeting' trick, which is super-annoying.​​

This is, as far as I recall, consistent with how he works as a normal story encounter on Monster Island.
    jonsills said:

Happifun has Invincible rank 3. Didn't help. I could take down maybe (maybe) one opponent, on one memorable occasion two, and then I was in the dirt, or whatever passes for dirt in the Qliphothic. And time for another long flight back from the one spawn point I'd found. Never got any of the Lore I was supposed to be looking for, either. Like I said, looks like two characters is a dead minimum on these missions. Spinny loves 'em, but then he thinks Dark Souls gets too easy.

I dunno, maybe things will work better when it's on Live and there are more people around (assuming there are more people around), but my experience on PTS was pretty dismal all around.​​

PTS is always a poor metric for how many people are going to be doing something on live. Just think Jon, you might go to do these missions and I might be there, and I might hop over and start helping you destroy things, all without you ever having to talk to me or group with me :smiley:

There is a bit of problem solving involved with these groups. It's not just a matter of having x mitigation to survive y dps. Kill order can be a big thing here - killing enemies in a certain order leads to a much shorter fight, which equates to a more survivable fight.

Now sure, people can just stack defenses and healing and overcome the content that way, but then there are the rest of us that can use our brains to get through. You seem like a brain guy Jon :wink:
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

​​
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    BUG:

Apocalypse Prevention Perk was awarded to me first time logging into the new zone. I hadn't participated in any event described on the perk.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

BUG:

Apocalypse Prevention Perk was awarded to me first time logging into the new zone. I hadn't participated in any event described on the perk.

^ Same. However I got this for simply logging in. I was in the Powerhouse.
    BUG?: It's possible to be within interaction range of the gems in portal breaker while being outside of the aggro radius of the guardian mobs (either along the edges, or back behind it in the little alcove it's in). It doesn't matter very much since I promptly got my butt kicked by the portal guardian, but probably shouldn't work.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    Bug: Threshold Confidential is unable to be turned in. The system returns this message every time you try: [Mission] Unable to resolve mission "Threshold Confidential".

[Inventory] Inventory full.

• tkittehtkitteh Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Quest Issue:

Ammo resupply: Far too easy to get into an endless loop of kill mobs, idle for poison ticks (interact fail), try to interact, nope too late they re spawned [repeat]. Or kill side A kill side B, now A is back. Re spawn Time/ Location (further away) should be looked at
    edited August 2016
    Update as of 8/20/2016: Anniversary Event/ Q-Warzone update

Bug: The last location for the Ammo Resupply daily mission is covered by a huge rock formation; only the Horrors are there. Therefore, that mission cannot be completed. The last location of that mission is just south of the Elder Worm Domain.
    I've never seen the Ammo Resupply daily mission, even though I seem to have done every mission arc.

A general issue is that the new missions are, well... kind of boring? They're really extremely basic 'go to location X, blow up Y, and interact with Z' missions.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I've never seen the Ammo Resupply daily mission, even though I seem to have done every mission arc.

A general issue is that the new missions are, well... kind of boring? They're really extremely basic 'go to location X, blow up Y, and interact with Z' missions.

I think that's the best we are going to get with the resources they have, for now.

True. The highlight here is the mobs, rather than the quest design. I mean let's face it, there isn't much to be done about that in a game like this anyway.
    Bug: The Ammo Resupply mission still cannot be completed; the Until Soldiers are at the location (just south of the Elder Worm Area and the respawn point) but the crates are not visible. I think they are stuck inside the rock formation.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so how many people have tried it with AT's? I know I tried it with several with equal .. results.
    it's all fine saying build meatier characters but what about the ones who don't have that option?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

chaelk said:

so how many people have tried it with AT's? I know I tried it with several with equal .. results.

it's all fine saying build meatier characters but what about the ones who don't have that option?​​

You don't need meatier characters. Just grab a buddy. Remember that these missions are not meant to be solo'd... but they can be if you do it right, and really "doing it right" is something an archetype can do since my Power Armor character managed to do it... she's basically built like an archetype, using only stuff from Power Armor.
    edited September 2016
    spinnytop said:

You don't need meatier characters. Just grab a buddy. Remember that these missions are not meant to be solo'd....

^ This.

I like that these missions mean that it pays to team up with another person in most instances rather than being a nuisance.

chaelk said:

Unfortunately, they're forced to group. While that's fine for those who enjoy it, some (like myself) would rather play at their own pace. It's not fair to my group if I suddenly have to afk for things (which I often do) so by soloing them, there's zero pressure to keep going with no breaks until it's done. Also, finding groups for crap during off-hours tends to be trickier.

As for squishier characters, you can always try what I do for mine: Make a second account and, if there's ever another freeform slot giveaway, grab it, make a freeform beefcake, and use it to group with and carry all those squishies through the quests. That's what I did for the last two nightmare invasions and it works like a charm.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Text error;

When talking to Major Violette Boudreau for the Realm of Destruction mission, she says the following line; "Scryings from a recent Mage Council have revealed a rise in indimensional activity from the Qliphothic Realm."

indimensional should be interdimensional.

BUG;

The UNTIL Logo on the mailbox in Threshold is 90 degrees off center and from the direction the mailbox is facing.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
This discussion has been closed.