test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power recolouring for Silver accounts

13»

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

remember that there are lots of different kinds of players, and what is interesting for some is not for others.
    some people are explorers, other pvpers, other completitionists, etc...
    I personally like CO only for the character creator, and some of the maps (vibora bay) but the game is indeed mediocre to me, graphics oculd be way better, the quests are boring and battles are repetitive and boring too.
    to me the character creator being so rich partially makes up for some of these cons, but I personally wouldn't sub to a game that as so minimal development and investment.

But would power tinting affect your opinion of the game, overall?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Think of it like this:

A free-to-play MMO is going to stand out by being either 1) innovative or 2) having high levels of production value--endgame content, graphics, etc. Since CO has a very small staff and budget, 2 is definitely out of the question, so leaves us with option 1. The level of customization offered by the tailor is definitely a good start, but in the eyes of someone trying this game for the first time, that's all they see in terms of innovation. After that, what they see are dated graphics, dull vanilla-wow-quality quests, and fairly generic combat which consists of spamming a weak energy builder for several seconds before being able to fire off 1 or 2 shots of an ability which can actually kill things.

Power tinting (and alternate point-of-origin selection for certain abilities) would be one more chip in the "innovation" pile, which would certainly cause many new players to say to themselves, "hey, this is pretty cool. I haven't seen this in a mmo before!"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Seeing one or two entitled silvers* here and they ARE acting entitled as Cryptic is more than generous to silver players. You get hundreds of free costume bits, free ATs that are normally vastly superior to the premium ATs, all the games playable content is free and not pay gated and lets not forget the handful of free giveaways they do each year (stuff like free FF slots and vehicles)

Those entitled players do not represent the majority of the silver playerbase at all. This is something I need to point out.

The more free stuff Cryptic hands out the more that annoying minority will still be shouting ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

And I do not care who this annoys to be honest as one of the older silver players in the game that remembers when there was pay gates for some content here the action of some newer silver players just utterly horrifies me. Its just plane rude.

Love me or utterly utterly loath me I am proof that Silvers in this game are not treated like second class players. Cryptic knows the majority pay their way and treats them with respect. ( most give aways tend to be more helpful to Silvers than Golds ).

Sorry for the rant guys just sick of some people making out Cryptic is some big bad that is mean to Silvers. When that is just not true at all.

And if Cryptic devs are reading this thanks for the fun game and free stuff some of us appreciate the effort o/

I agree with with the OP silvers should have the option but If this does happen it does have to be a paid for thing. Silvers should not have this for free as its a carrot for gold subscribers and LTS. Also gold and LTS players should get a replacement bonus ( I am thinking something like a free instant level 30 token each month ) .

*not the OP as the OP is open to fair ways of silvers getting this.
    Post edited by nepht on
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    nepht said:

Love me or utterly utterly loath me I am proof that Silvers in this game are not treated like second class players. Cryptic knows the majority pay their way and treats them with respect. ( most give aways tend to be more helpful to Silvers than Golds ).

Aye, I'm still waiting on that free FF slot I never got but every silver got.
    nepht said:

And if Cryptic devs are reading this thanks for the fun game and free stuff some of us appreciate the effort o/

I agree with with the OP silvers should have the option but If this does happen it does have to be a paid for thing. Silvers should not have this for free as its a carrot for gold subscribers and LTS. Also gold and LTS players should get a replacement bonus ( I am thinking something like a free instant level 30 token each month ) .

Time and time again in basically every case this tinting thing has been talked about, the most agreed upon thing is it should be paid for. And it should, silvers should have had the option to purchase tinting.

Also...if they gave out a free instant level 30 token each month for gold/LTSers, than that would require me to fork over even more money. Than again, keeping track of my zen, I've noticed that for quite awhile I have not gotten my 500 zen per month bonus. So, most likely for me the free token would bug out and not get rewarded to me lol.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    aesica said:

From my perspective, silver isn't appealing at all. Ask yourself, what does this game have to offer silver players to make them stick around?

The game itself. If you don't like that, then why are you even here? What, are you gonna stand around in rencen shooting your colored powers at chairs?
    aesica said:

fairly generic combat which consists of spamming a weak energy builder for several seconds before being able to fire off 1 or 2 shots of an ability which can actually kill things.

Sorry to see you still haven't figured out your energy issues.

Aye, I'm still waiting on that free FF slot I never got but every silver got.

Well that was a limited time offer, you had to actually log in and grab that before the offer ended.

Kind of like when they first introduced FF slots and had that grab bag event where you could farm grab bags that had a chance to have a FF slot in them. I got three free slots through that!

And then I bought five more o3o
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

Well that was a limited time offer, you had to actually log in and grab that before the offer ended.

Gotta slap you down hard Foxi. Soulforger if I am not mistaken DID log in during the event claimed his or her token or something like that never got it. Cryptic might be miles better than Blizzard or NCsoft when it comes to free to play but they still f*** things up with horrendous bugs.

Soulforger is perfectly justified and should continue to call them out on this until this is rectified and the playerbase should have his or her back.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

Kind of like when they first introduced FF slots and had that grab bag event where you could farm grab bags that had a chance to have a FF slot in them. I got three free slots through that!

And then I bought five more o3o

But I did log in during the correct time. :(

And I had terrible luck with those grab bags.
    spinnytop said:

Sorry to see you still haven't figured out your energy issues.

Fairly obvious bait and attempt to disregard context, but I'll bite just to remind you that the topic involves how new players might perceive this game. New players coming to the game are playing outdated ATs which, for whatever absurd reason, don't get energy unlocks until 25 or so. They also don't have access to heirloom gear.

Thus, every new players on an AT is having some form of energy issues. Hold down 1 for several seconds, fire off a few blasts of something that actually kills things. Rinse repeat. Not very exciting, is it? Fortunately, kind of gameplay starts to go away away once you get a form and especially once you get an energy unlock. Real gear at 40 with decent cost reduction seals the deal and in many cases, lets you ignore the 1 button entirely. But seriously, how many new players--people who just wanted to check the game out for a few minutes to see if it's any good--are going to give the game that much of a chance by climbing all the way to 40?
    nepht said:

Cryptic might be miles better than Blizzard or NCsoft when it comes to free to play but they still f*** things up with horrendous bugs.

Blizzard actually does F2P really well too. Hearthstone might be questionable, but it's still way fairer than the typical online TCG. HotS is perfectly legit. So is WoW. :)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,916 Arc User
    I loathe the concept of heirloom gear and refuse to use it when leveling.... I still don't have energy issues. But that's because I learned to use my EB to AVOID running out rather than emptying my energy while trying to skip using my EB. Yes the tutorial actually explains this to you!!!!

And really at low levels your EB is stronger than enemy attacks anyways. So not being able to spam your blast attacks is no big deal for new players just starting out. A fully charged Eldritch blast is overkill for most of the low tier mobs you face early game. Thus actually using all your stamina on it is kinda dumb.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited August 2016
    aesica said:

Blizzard actually does F2P really well too. Hearthstone might be questionable, but it's still way fairer than the typical online TCG. HotS is perfectly legit. So is WoW. :)

As a long time WoW player I am going to have to say UTTER AND TOTAL NONSENSE! WoW free to play players can only level to 20 and large chunks of the game are paygated off and Heroes of the Storm isn't even an MMO its a MOBA.

You must get up in the morning and think "What a wonderful day, now what thing can be utterly wrong about today!"

Yeah, um... as some one who was a silver player until recently.... I don't think any of what you just said is actually true Aesica....

>_> Good to see I am not the only one who noticed this of late.

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited August 2016

reiwulf said:

remember that there are lots of different kinds of players, and what is interesting for some is not for others.
    some people are explorers, other pvpers, other completitionists, etc...
    I personally like CO only for the character creator, and some of the maps (vibora bay) but the game is indeed mediocre to me, graphics oculd be way better, the quests are boring and battles are repetitive and boring too.
    to me the character creator being so rich partially makes up for some of these cons, but I personally wouldn't sub to a game that as so minimal development and investment.

to be honest, no. I mean it would make me play more, but not sub. Like I said before, there are different kinds of players. I'm personally an explorer, meaning I like to explore maps, and specially having new maps and zones into a game, so for ME the only reason I could ever sub to CO would be it getting real new areas or maps, preferably as paid DLCs or free for subbed/gold.
    But that is for ME, others will surely feel different. :)

About subbing bonuses, how goes the saying? you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? I prefer when games make subbing optional and tempting, not mandatory and punishes those who don't sub. I've spent way more money on GW2 and ESO, and even subbed to ESO this month because I WANTED to. not because I felt forced to.

Both superhero MMOs have heavy restrictions to free to play players. DCUO limits paid DLCs (which makes sense) but also limit powers and max gold in a way that sometimes you can't even fix your broken armor without going to the free to play gold limit. that feels like I'm forced to sub.

In CO, FF is basically locked for sub/gold, and it is indeed one of the most important things of the game, so again it forces player a bit too hard to sub, and finally can make LESS people sub. If CO had FF free for everyone and also all ATs free for everyone, and instead charged for Adventure packs and comic series like in the past, and kept making new paid ones in the form of paid DLCs(free for subbed of course) I would have subbed a long time ago.

Sadly it looks like there's no enough people working on the game to actually get new maps/zones/CS/APs so they have to find a way to charge for a game with little new content. But again, it feels like it forces things to much and makes less likely for people to sub.

And let's try to have an argument without being rude to eachother, ok?
    Post edited by reiwulf on
    natesig.jpg

edited August 2016
    nepht said:

As a long time WoW player I am going to have to say UTTER AND TOTAL NONSENSE! WoW free to play players can only level to 20 and large chunks of the game are paygated off

http://www.wowhead.com/item=122270/wow-token

It's free to play even at max level unless you suck at making gold ingame. Which up until the current prepatch was inexcusable because garrisons and shipyards were absolutely absurd goldmaking factories.

While technically you have to pay a 1-time purchase for whatever the current expansion is, the free to play portion is still fairly sizable if you opt to ignore the current expansion.
    nepht said:

and Heroes of the Storm isn't even an MMO its a MOBA.

I never said it was a MMO, just that it's an example of a Blizzard game that's free to play. Just like Hearthstone.

Yeah, um... as some one who was a silver player until recently.... I don't think any of what you just said is actually true Aesica....

Specifically, what did I say that you disagree with?

I loathe the concept of heirloom gear and refuse to use it when leveling.... I still don't have energy issues. But that's because I learned to use my EB to AVOID running out rather than emptying my energy while trying to skip using my EB. Yes the tutorial actually explains this to you!!!!

"Energy issues" from my perspective means having to switch to your energy builder constantly. It's such a weak attack that you pretty much stop damaging the enemy in a meaningful way to gasp for breath for a few seconds. Throwing 1 EB shot out along with standard abilities every so often isn't too bad, but having to stop to do the left-right-left-right thing for several seconds is pretty awful.

And really at low levels your EB is stronger than enemy attacks anyways. So not being able to spam your blast attacks is no big deal for new players just starting out. A fully charged Eldritch blast is overkill for most of the low tier mobs you face early game. Thus actually using all your stamina on it is kinda dumb.

Against henchman mobs, sure you can kill one with several EB hits. Or only a few hits from a real ability, even 1-shotting them with a full charge. If a full charge is overkill, that just means "be smart and tap" although there certainly is merit in instantly removing 1 upon pulling. Against higher-rank mooks, your energy builder isn't going to be doing squat to them, and since you're made out of glass at those levels in most cases, you need to dispatch them as quickly as possible. This is where the "few good hits of a meaningful ability, followed by several of trivial-damage EB spam" I was talking about comes in.
    edited August 2016
    aesica said:

Fortunately, kind of gameplay starts to go away away once you get a form and especially once you get an energy unlock.

So then there's no problem. Glad we got that out of the way.
    aesica said:

Insert gif of someone laughing hysterically while pointing at the number 20.
    edited August 2016
    nepht said:

Gotta slap you down hard Foxi.

He never mentioned that he logged in at that time, so... you know, I'm perfectly justified in pointing out that someone had to log in during the event.

You're revealing that you're just a bit too desperate to show how you "don't pull punches with guildies" I think o3o did someone recently accuse you of something?

But I did log in during the correct time. :(

And I had terrible luck with those grab bags.

Well that sucks for you then. Maybe next time it'll work out for ya.
    reiwulf said:

About subbing bonuses, how goes the saying? you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? I prefer when games make subbing optional and tempting, not mandatory and punishes those who don't sub.

That's exactly how CO is. Subbing is completely optional; you can play the entire game end-to-end without subbing. Subbing is also very tempting, due to the things it gets you. FF is cool, but it's not necessary. Subbing expands gameplay and gives you more vanity options, but none of what it gives is required. The game is plenty fun as an archetype.
    reiwulf said:

If CO had FF free for everyone and also all ATs free for everyone, and instead charged for Adventure packs and comic series like in the past, and kept making new paid ones in the form of paid DLCs(free for subbed of course) I would have subbed a long time ago.

But you just said you want paying to be optional.. now you want content to be pay gated? That's the definition of paying being required - literally required to even get into the content. One of the strengths the game has is "you can play the whole game for free" - in fact it's one of the things I always tell people when I mention the game. Pay gating content destroys that, and this game can't afford to start knocking off its strengths.
    In the case of WoW a game which I have played daily since it came out. I decided to create a ftp account and grind for gold and it is legit more grindy than South Korean naughty videos.

Seriously when a game become like work then it doesn't become fun.

spinnytop said:

reiwulf said:

About subbing bonuses, how goes the saying? you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? I prefer when games make subbing optional and tempting, not mandatory and punishes those who don't sub.

That's exactly how CO is. Subbing is completely optional; you can play the entire game end-to-end without subbing. Subbing is also very tempting, due to the things it gets you. FF is cool, but it's not necessary. Subbing expands gameplay and gives you more vanity options, but none of what it gives is required. The game is plenty fun as an archetype.
    reiwulf said:

If CO had FF free for everyone and also all ATs free for everyone, and instead charged for Adventure packs and comic series like in the past, and kept making new paid ones in the form of paid DLCs(free for subbed of course) I would have subbed a long time ago.

But you just said you want paying to be optional.. now you want content to be pay gated? That's the definition of paying being required - literally required to even get into the content. One of the strengths the game has is "you can play the whole game for free" - in fact it's one of the things I always tell people when I mention the game. Pay gating content destroys that, and this game can't afford to start knocking off its strengths.
    FF is a definite game changer, and one of CO's most distinctive features. many subbed/gold members have mentioned that playting ATs feels even like a different game altogether. It's like having a free version of Mario bros where you play as a slow toad that can't jump. integral part of CO is deciding your powers as a FF. It's what makes it stand out from other games.
    Paid DLCs are totally ok by my book, because I can either buy them or sub and get access to all of them, it's my choice. with FFs even if I buy the ridiculously expensive FF for silvers, it still lacks some features, like power tinting.
    natesig.jpg

nepht said:

In the case of WoW a game which I have played daily since it came out. I decided to create a ftp account and grind for gold and it is legit more grindy than South Korean naughty videos.

I suppose that depends on your level. I haven't done really anything during Draenor (because it was a terrible expansion) and I'm already gold capped on 2 characters (or was until they increased it from 999,999.99.99 to 9,999,999.99.99. Garrisons and shipyards, especially with multiple alts, made gold accumulation trivial once unlocked.
    edited August 2016
    reiwulf said:

One feature, and a cosmetic one at that.

I subbed to make my main toon a FF (originally a Grimoire AT), after I got a couple free FF slots through an event.
    If FFs were free from the beginning, I would not have subbed.

Anyway, back to the OP, subbing for the month is pricey, but you do get to tint the powers of every toon, you get a hideout and shared bank (kept after sub ends)--and do you get the 500 Z stipend in the first month?

Maybe a Z store service to allow power tinting on one toon?
    Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    could you please cite the full topic? I don't remember ever saying that, or having a grimoire AT, or ever getting "a couple" of FF slots through an event. (I only got 1 when everyone got it)
    natesig.jpg

edited August 2016
    reiwulf said:

spinnytop said:

with FFs even if I buy the ridiculously expensive FF for silvers, it still lacks some features, like power tinting.

One feature, and a cosmetic one at that.
    I subbed to make my main toon a FF (originally a Grimoire AT), after I got a couple free FF slots through an event.
    If FFs were free from the beginning, I would not have subbed.

Anyway, back to the OP, subbing for the month is pricey, but you do get to tint the powers of every toon, you get a hideout and shared bank (kept after sub ends)--and do you get the 500 Z stipend in the first month?

Maybe a Z store service to allow power tinting on one toon?

EDIT: I messed up the quote in this post somehow, sorry.

aaah, that makes much more sense lol, I didn't remember saying all that in the past XD
    natesig.jpg

edited August 2016

Yeah... you messed it up again tho cause I don't remember saying the thing you quoted me saying o3o
    spinnytop said:

Yeah... you messed it up again tho cause I don't remember saying the thing you quoted me saying o3o

But Roughbear is the cutest, cuddly-wuddly teddy bear.
    I've no idea what you are talking about, SpinnyFox.

I enjoy assaulting the senses of the people around me by stripping down to my underwear when I get frustrated with content.

Touche o3o
    spinnytop said:

I enjoy assaulting the senses of the people around me by stripping down to my underwear when I get frustrated with content.

Touche o3o
    Though not a direct quote, that is entirely true. [|:*)

• dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    I already made a post in this topic, where explained about difference of extensive and intensive way of development, and unfortunately Justice grindification and retcon price hikes sound pretty intensive for me. However, I can't agree with that because of playerbase numbers, and if I was executive, I would invest in this game, rather than trying to milk this game. Heck, there are people who just slosh their money for costume contests, RP and stuff like that, without reason like items, gear and other goods, so CO isn't even need forcible milking lMO, and a fortiori grindification. I wouldn't sqeeze CO at least until MC got 5-6 phases, like in good ol' times.

About tinting it seems system looks at a chart like Custom Color > AT Color > Prescribed Color, if some is this fields is default, it looks at next field. Some AT have forcible override for thier colors, like Scourge, Cursed, Radiant. AT Color doesn't override devices. I wonder if there is possible to make something that would override AT Color field (or maybe insert new one)...
  • xenonomadxenonomad Posts: 15 Arc User

I already made a post in this topic, where explained about difference of extensive and intensive way of development, and unfortunately Justice grindification and retcon price hikes sound pretty intensive for me. However, I can't agree with that because of playerbase numbers, and if I was executive, I would invest in this game, rather than trying to milk this game. Heck, there are people who just slosh their money for costume contests, RP and stuff like that, without reason like items, gear and other goods, so CO isn't even need forcible milking lMO, and a fortiori grindification. I wouldn't sqeeze CO at least until MC got 5-6 phases, like in good ol' times.

I agree, CO can be invested in, It can turn a profit without being milked. I mean most folk agree CO has an edge over Marvel online or DCUO. but the playerbase is comparatively quite small. and the the harder they milk it the more players just asking themselves "Is this even worth it?" especially new players.
    aesica said:

Think of it like this:

A free-to-play MMO is going to stand out by being either 1) innovative or 2) having high levels of production value--endgame content, graphics, etc. Since CO has a very small staff and budget, 2 is definitely out of the question, so leaves us with option 1. The level of customization offered by the tailor is definitely a good start, but in the eyes of someone trying this game for the first time, that's all they see in terms of innovation. After that, what they see are dated graphics, dull vanilla-wow-quality quests, and fairly generic combat which consists of spamming a weak energy builder for several seconds before being able to fire off 1 or 2 shots of an ability which can actually kill things.

Power tinting (and alternate point-of-origin selection for certain abilities) would be one more chip in the "innovation" pile, which would certainly cause many new players to say to themselves, "hey, this is pretty cool. I haven't seen this in a mmo before!"
    ^ So much this!

And CO gets new players despite what people may think. But how many of them stick around long enough to see the more innovative features? since many are paywall locked. and many others aren't pointed out and can escape notice (I had played CO for like 4 months before I realized silvers could colour auras for example, and that discovery sharply improved my opinion of the game as well as my player experience since then.)

And in my case for the original quote. Power tinting would affect my opinion of the game overall.
    nepht said:

Well said.

Also,
    "more grindy then south Korean naughty videos" that is brilliant.
    I think Silver players must get pet skin customization for sure, and Power Color Customization should be brought somehow too, at least in limited version (like tint all powers to same color). That will add another reason to stay for players, what is very important now. And in hypotherical case if CO falls in mah hands, that would be one of first things l would do.
    edited September 2016
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10151653
    Oh my blasted gerdz! Even look at this:
    Amanda said:

Hello Champions!
    Do you want a little more customization when creating a character? Looking to match your champion’s powers with its costume? Freeform Slots are the perfect option for those champions looking to have full customization over their hero and this weekend you can save 50% off freeform slots

I'm pretty sure there's no way match powers with costume with only default color. Oppositely, it's costume what need to be matched with power hueing disabled. So this advertisement sentence is a lie! There's no full customization. If there wasn't plans for power customization for FF Slot from very beginning, that should be mentioned in aforementioned advertizing page. Otherwise l think it should, but for some strange reason it doesn't work properly. There's a law against deceptive advertising after all.
    Post edited by dakrushmor on
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2016

There's a law against deceit advertizement after all.

And against slander as well, I believe.

Your argument for colour tinting for silvers might work better if you didn't make spurious acusations against Cryptic. They are the ones who would implement such a change, after all.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Amanda said:

Sale Ends: Sunday, September 11th, 2016 at 9:00 am PDT

At least this was like a clock.
    Amanda said:

Hello Champions!
    Do you want a little more customization when creating a character? Looking to match your champion’s powers with its costume? Freeform Slots are the perfect option for those champions looking to have full customization over their hero and this weekend you can save 50% off freeform slots

l'm pretty sure that FF slot, according to its price and description, was initially meant to have option to customize its powers, such as hue or pet appearance. But due of hard coding, or some other code flaw it ended up not working. Is that a bug? Probably even Cryptic doesn't know exactly. On Gold players, a bar that is used to tint all powers at once doesn't exist on those slots for some reason too.

l'm pretty sure that FF slot, according to its price and description, was initially meant to have option to customize its powers, such as hue or pet appearance.

Except that it doesn't say that. If it was meant to have colour options for powers I think it would have said that. It doesn't, so the description of the FF slot is correct.

Matching "your champion’s powers with its costume" doesn't necessarily mean colour tinting. In this case it means theme.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Except that it doesn't say that. If it was meant to have colour options for powers I think it would have said that. It doesn't, so the description of the FF slot is correct.

Matching "your champion’s powers with its costume" doesn't necessarily mean colour tinting. In this case it means theme.

No, its a bug, otherwise gold players with FF slots would not have the missing color all option.
    edited September 2016

No, its a bug, otherwise gold players with FF slots would not have the missing color all option.

That's doesn't make the fact that FF slots on Silver accounts don't have color tinting a bug. If it's because of a bug then show me where this was confirmed by the devs. If you can't then you are just making a hypothesis based on your own assumptions.

All it proves is that FF slots on Gold accounts don't have the colour all option and that indeed IS a bug that needs to be fixed.

And, btw, I'm all for giving colour tinting to silvers for free. 1+1=/=3 though.
    zrdRBy8.png

That's doesn't make the fact that FF slots on Silver accounts don't have color tinting a bug. If it's because of a bug then show me where this was confirmed by the devs. If you can't then you are just making a hypothesis based on your own assumptions.

All it proves is that FF slots on Gold accounts don't have the colour all option and that indeed IS a bug that needs to be fixed.

And, btw, I'm all for giving colour tinting to silvers for free. 1+1=/=3 though.

Just because it hasn't been confirmed by the devs, doesn't mean its not a bug. What you are saying is just a hypothesis based on your own assumptions.

I'm all for silvers being able to buy tinting, it shouldn't be free.
    edited September 2016

Just because it hasn't been confirmed by the devs, doesn't mean its not a bug. What you are saying is just a hypothesis based on your own assumptions.

I'm all for silvers being able to buy tinting, it shouldn't be free.

I see, so you can't back up your assertion at all. If you are trying to prove causality here then the burden of proof is on you. I didn't make any absolute assertions, you did......without any proof whatsoever.

The facts that we have though point to the distinct possibility that FF slots that we have on a Gold account don't have the 'colour all' option because they were not designed to be used on a Gold account. They were designed to be used by silvers who don't have a colour option and this particular function was either forgotten about or deemed to be too insignificant or expensive to fix for Gold accounts.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    dakrushmor wrote: »
    Hello Champions!

l'm pretty sure that FF slot, according to its price and description, was initially meant to have option to customize its powers, such as hue or pet appearance. But due of hard coding, or some other code flaw it ended up not working. Is that a bug? Probably even Cryptic doesn't know exactly. On Gold players, a bar that is used to tint all powers at once doesn't exist on those slots for some reason too.

NOPE, it was NEVER, change colour or emanations. It was simply made into a NON gold FF slot. The other 2 items are linked seperately to gold accts.
    as soon as the silver FF slots became available. The chant changed to "WE want power colouring and emanation points."​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    chaelk said:

NOPE, it was NEVER, change colour or emanations. It was simply made into a NON gold FF slot. The other 2 items are linked seperately to gold accts.

as soon as the silver FF slots became available. The chant changed to "WE want power colouring and emanation points."​​

You are forgetting also pets' skins

I see, so you can't back up your assertion at all. If you are trying to prove causality here then the burden of proof is on you. I didn't make any absolute assertions, you did......without any proof whatsoever.

The facts that we have though point to the distinct possibility that FF slots that we have on a Gold account don't have the 'colour all' option because they were not designed to be used on a Gold account. They were designed to be used by silvers who don't have a colour option and this particular function was either forgotten about or deemed to be too insignificant or expensive to fix for Gold accounts.

I don't need to back up my assertion at all, just like you can't back up yours. In case your wondering, I'm trying to not argue, for I think this falls in the area of "opinion".

And the reason I know its a bug is because ATs have the color all option. And I don't think I'll need to explain how that is a silver feature, now do I? Checkmate.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    For 50 flipping dollars, you'd think a FF slot would have power coloring, emanation points, and pet skin options. Sure, maybe pay for power tinting for the ATs, but not for something already so damn expensive.

Pretty sure silver FFs not having power tinting and such is hard coded in for some idiotic reason. Something mentioned by a dev long, long ago in a Twitch stream.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited September 2016
    sterga said:

For 50 flipping dollars, you'd think a FF slot would have power coloring, emanation points, and pet skin options. Sure, maybe pay for power tinting for the ATs, but not for something already so damn expensive.

Pretty sure silver FFs not having power tinting and such is hard coded in for some idiotic reason. Something mentioned by a dev long, long ago in a Twitch stream.

Yeah, the FF slot should have all those for its price. And the hard code is stupid than, because its already hard coded for silvers to not tint, they don't need more code to ensure it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,133 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »

CO's Spaghetti Code never fails to dissapoint

It actually hurts me that some of my characters cannot change power colours

mainly my Telekinetic Duet who are suppoce to be Blue and Orange​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, if that is indeed hard coded for FF slots to have no tint at all (even if Gold), than that needs to be removed. And I'd go so far as to call it a bug, as bugs are mistakes (intentional or not).
    edited September 2016
    Sure let's break the whole feature. Mob mentality provides us with yet more iron clad reasoning! \o/
    Post edited by spinnytop on
    edited September 2016

Yeah, if that is indeed hard coded for FF slots to have no tint at all (even if Gold), than that needs to be removed. And I'd go so far as to call it a bug, as bugs are mistakes (intentional or not).

I agree. As I already said...

... FF slots on Gold accounts don't have the colour all option and that indeed IS a bug that needs to be fixed.

;)

zrdRBy8.png
This discussion has been closed.