test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valiance Online

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

You know what is funny and hypocritical? You guys put your faith in a game that lives off of acknowledging our wants for years, be it customizable sidekicks, water power, plant, costumes, etc, but none of this has been delivered, only spinoff power sets. However, you criticize VO for spreadsheets and talk that is also not playable...hmmmm.

I don't judge CO based on what it promises for the future, I judge it based on what it has now. Which is... flawed but usable.
    a1fighter said:
    I see an outline. This tells me that someone at some point rendered a centaur, which is not surprising. It does not tell me whether the centaur looks good, is well animated, or has coherent animations when combined with emotes or power animations (it's the third category that kills nonhuman bodies in CO).
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    a1fighter said:
    You literally said it is our only hope and everything we want is in Valiance. That's you speaking for everyone. Unless you're talking like British royalty.

Further, I know you want four legged heroes, and I never said it wouldn't happen in Valiance. What I did say is that I personally think they don't fit and it would be dumb. The fact that they did it or are doing it or whatever does not change my mind that it is dumb. So that part of your argument proves nothing.

Then you say I want the game to fail. Putting words in my mouth? No thanks. I said I'll try it, I said based on what I've seen I probably won't like it, but I never said I want it to fail. So look at that, your entire post was you being wrong because you misinterpret things I say.
    a1fighter said:

And you will play...Spoke for you here because i am not buying this anti VO stuff floating around. It is pure bs, smoke and mirrors. You would not be here if ya did not like super hero MMOs, stop acting as if you will not play a new one.

I literally said I was going to play it!

I said I will try it, but okay, wrap your head around this.

Based on the videos you posted, the combat looks a lot like CoH's combat. Yeah? Agree?

Okay, now read this: I stopped playing CoH because the combat was boring for me. If the gameplay is not fun for me, it doesn't matter how new the game is, how into superheroes I am, none of that matters. So where do you think that's gonna leave me with Valiance, being that it looks like it borrows heavily from CoH? Leaves me thinking I probably won't enjoy it.

It's like, I don't like sweet potatoes. I think they taste gross. But I like French fries! So will I like sweet potato fries because they're also fries? Guess what I tried sweet potato fries and hated them, because I hate sweet potatoes. I didn't like them just because they're fries. This same principle applies to how I feel about Valiance, but having not played it yet, I can't actually say I don't enjoy it. But based on what I know from it, it's smelling a lot like a sweet potato.

You seem to think that just because it's a superhero MMO that I'll play it and love it forever but for some reason, I'm afraid to admit I may like another superhero game? That's absolutely absurd. I played DCUO and I freely "admit" it, and only stopped playing because it became boring to me. The combat was pretty repetitive to me. Just do the same combos over and over. I played the Marvel MMO, and the only reason I don't still currently play it, is my computer can't run it well. See that? Another superhero MMO that I like and would still play, because I think it's fun, but you don't see me badmouthing it because of... smoke and mirrors?

You're crazy.
    biffsig.jpg
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    a1fighter said:

I will also remember this

And what are you going to remember? Point to me exactly one point about Valiance, even the far off fantasy land of promises and dreams that anything Is aid wasn't an actual fact now? Also, I should point out, point to me exactly at what point would Valiance be a Super Hero game? It accomplishes nothing the other games don't already do; aka go around beating hordes of bad guys for no apparent reason other than loitering. We do that in spades, and CoH was notoriously bad for that because if it wasn't for the dialog boxes, you were literally just beating up people for no reason and in many cases, violating their right to free speech.

So tell me, has Valiance Online promised me the ability to do stealth missions, rescue missions that require me to be stealthy, information gathering, puzzle solving, clue finding, mystery cracking, or anything like that? Has any of the game play talked about Valiance Online allow me to play without having to beat up hordes of bad guys with only a faint dialog box that's going to pretend to be substance and depth, or is it just going to be CoH reskinned with even worse graphics, and calling itself innovative?

I would like some Arkham City in my super hero game after all, not all my characters need to be bullet sponges that focus on beating up bad guys all day. A stealth mission that if you are caught should fail you.

But you can't say that because all Valiance is doing is recreating CoH to the letter. Hell even their mascot is an obvious clone of Statesman in crappier graphical format. You keep trying to speak for me and my tastes and thinking CoH clone makes it a super hero game, when it doesn't. I want an actual super hero game that has super hero elements, and sorry to say, super powers and tights is fairly damn shallow if you think that makes it a super hero game. There is a lot more to it.

Oh and one more thing I noticed about Valiance and why it is not the super hero game I want; it has no focus. And to anyone looking at it and reading their mission statement, or lack there of I should say, it's plainly obvious they have no focus... like at all. A forced and convoluted class system. 11 of them in fact, meaning that variety is not going to be a thing and there will be less of it than CoH even had. Another game I have to make multiple character when I prefer to focus on one but still be able to have a differing role for any given mood I have at the moment.

Then of course the PvP system; Duels, Arenas and Battlegrounds? Talk about unfocused. If you have duels, then arenas are pointless. Battlegrounds, unless they offer something are also monumentally pointless. If you are going to have PvP, shuffling PvPers off to some mystical corner of the world doesn't exactly enamor them to the gameplay.

Then roleplay... they say roleplay but really don't say anything. Exactly what tools are given to roleplayers? Oh a simple space like Pocket D nothing else in the world? Modern developers have lost sight of what makes roleplay, roleplay, and it takes a lot more to create.

Again, Valiance is directionless and by their obvious lack of mission statement it shows they are just slapping ideas together and pitching it at the wall and hoping it sticks. The 11 classes in the game is already a sign of that they don't want to go too far outside the box and actually be more restrictive than CoH ever was.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    a1fighter said:

Everything we want is in VO.

Thats a big fat lie as the game is not even in a proper Alpha yet. So it legitly has nothing. Save some Ps2 tech demos.
    a1fighter said:

When it is all said and done, VO will be the best superhero mmo. DCUO, at least sees the light and the error of their ways. DCUO is suddenly interested in our feedback and actually providing players with what they want. At the same time, VO threads are forbidden in the off topic section.

"Sees the light and the error of their ways". Does VO come with a free personality test and could you get anymore up your own arse?

Also as we talking about DCUO seeing the error of their ways please point out to me in the Joker's Funhouse section the thread where they see the said errors of their ways https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/joker’s-funhouse-off-topic.19/ I cant seem to find it yo. ( Its not called Off Topic BTW )

Don't try and bullshit me as I play DCUO and those who know me well know who I post as over on their forum. Most people on DCUO don't even know VO is a thing. Most rival game threads they tend to mention CO , Marvel and City of Titans. Mostly attacking CO and Marvel ;)
    I also play Marvel so don't try and say they have seen the light and error of their ways also. To be honest a large chunk of us play all three games so theres that large crossover of playerbase.

Most DCUO players like playing DCUO the same way most CO players like playing CO and like us they dont want to play some silly Indie game. VO is banned from the forums most likely because of the high level of bullshit spewed by the devs. Lets be honest its not about competition as some kids fan fiction game could never match the brand power of Batman Online. ( CO , Marvel and CoT threads seem to be fine over there ).

Now if you dont mind I am off to play Saints Row IV a game that does actually have everything :P

Post edited by nepht on
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I guess some people just can't handle it when you criticize the things they like and they feel the need to characterize that criticism as "hate" or "bashing" in order to enable themselves to understand why someone would criticize ( or in their mind pretend to criticize ) something that in their mind has nothing to be criticized for.

If it's free to play I'll try it. If it's pay to play then it has a long, long way to go to undo the negative perceptions it has garnered thus far. Even if it's free to play it's going to have to impress me very quickly for me to make any significant time investment in it. As for monetary investment, it took years for CO to convince me to spend money on it so VO is going to have to work hard on that front. What's most likely to happen is that I will watch some Youtube Let's Plays of it... and from what I've seen so far, I expect those Let's Plays will be the humorous kind.

a1fighter, as far as your unwavering belief in what the VO devs have told you is going to be in their game... I got one thing to say to you: No Man's Sky.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    At least in the case of No Man's Sky, there was actual marketing done showing quality gameplay footage to get as many people as possible to be interested in the game when it was still in development, even though a lot of features shown turned out to be a bunch of BS leading to the developer getting investigated for false advertising.

Practically next to nothing is being shown about VO, other than just alpha gameplay footage, and somehow a1fighter, you're already calling it the best superhero MMORPG to date. I mean, if the blatant fanboyism isn't enough, you go as far as to guarantee that everyone who has posted in the thread will be playing it. If there's a god-tier level fanboy archetype out there, this has to be it.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    I would very much love for VO to turn out to be the great game that some claim it will be. But, as of now, its a bunch of pie in the sky claims from a developer without a track record to justify faith in them. Were this a veteran development studio who had an established pattern of delivering on their promises I might be more willing to assume the best. But that is not the case here.

That said, if VO is intended to be a remake of the CoH combat system, in the seemingly unlikely event that it ever actually gets released, I am unlikely to buy or play it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    ashensnow said:

I would very much love for VO to turn out to be the great game that some claim it will be. But, as of now, its a bunch of pie in the sky claims from a developer without a track record to justify faith in them. Were this a veteran development studio who had an established pattern of delivering on their promises I might be more willing to assume the best. But that is not the case here.

That said, if VO is intended to be a remake of the CoH combat system, in the seemingly unlikely event that it ever actually gets released, I am unlikely to buy or play it.

Considering there are veteran developers now who make pie in the sky promises and fail to deliver, I think it's safe to say that people should wait until the product is delivered.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

ashensnow said:

Considering there are veteran developers now who make pie in the sky promises and fail to deliver, I think it's safe to say that people should wait until the product is delivered.
    Eh, it's safest to wait, but if, say, Blizzard promises something, there's probably a better than 50% chance that it will come out and be a good game, while your average kickstarter is probably <25%.

Eh, it's safest to wait, but if, say, Blizzard promises something, there's probably a better than 50% chance that it will come out and be a good game, while your average kickstarter is probably <25%.</p>

I dunno I guess it depends on taste. I don't like RTS games or card games, and mildly intrigued by dungeon crawlers (aka maybe as a time killer every now and then). So while Blizzard will shine things to a glaringly mirror polish, on average, their plans and promises tend to fall through more often than not what they had originally planned. I use WoW on that point, because let's be real, WoW hasn't even remotely been as good as it use to be, and for many people Cataclysm was the beginning of that decline. So I have no interest in WoW now because the story and game play just isn't what it use to be. So, that leaves one game currently, and that's Overwatch, with mild interest in Diablo to play once in a blue moon. So with the track record of expansions for WoW, as an example, their track record is less than 50%, and on kickstarter I don't think that number is even 20% of the potential of a game being delivered as promised.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    spinnytop said:

No Man's Pie In The Sky.

Thats unfair to No Man's Sky unlike these crowd funded super hero mmos NMS actually came out :P

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I will be flying via fart power next year.......... per this official post.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Ooo an official Q&A, you don't say. Hey look guys, because words on a screen mean so much, I am developing an MMO right now that will have everything you ever wanted in an MMO and be minute rice perfect. I promise this. /sarcasm
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    a1fighter said:

They will also have grappling, per their official site Q&A.

If so, it will be bad. The tech doesn't really exist to do grappling well in an MMO, given the vagaries of collision detection and latency.
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:

False, merely your assumption.

Please link a video of VO's grappling so that we can all judge it. There's no point arguing about it or promoting it without showing us what it looks like.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:

a1fighter said:

They will also have grappling, per their official site Q&A.

If so, it will be bad. The tech doesn't really exist to do grappling well in an MMO, given the vagaries of collision detection and latency.
    False, merely your assumption.
    Ia m curious which MMO did grappling well, since you claim this is false. Hell I play Dragonball XV2, and grappling is deplorable there if people don't have equal ping. Hell grappling is awful even when they have decent ping.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited November 2016
    Grappling works only if every single character, player or NPC, in the game has the exactbody size and structure, meaning the standard bipedal humanoid, just all at the same height and build.

The latest online game I've played with 3D-rendered characters being able to grapple each other was Smash+Grab. Not a MMO, but the same principles apply. All the characters have just three body sizes so it worked there.

If the game's character editor allows for the toon to be morphed into a whole variety of shapes and sizes, not to mention when the same is applied to the game's enemies, then grappling simply will not work without looking awkward as all hell with hilarious clipping visuals.

It's pretty moot currently anyway since VO still has next to nothing concrete to really show.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yeah, but I've yet to see any evidence that VO will do that either. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Well, I guess we can thoroughly say a1 must be on VO's pay doc at this point since he's been trying exceptionally hard to try and sell us on wishes, dreams and promises, oh and spreadsheet data, with no concrete evidence of anything coming or an actual playable game yet. The alpha available now is just garbage, and so far he has been trying exceptionally hard to sell that this game is magically getting some humongous updates, yet all we've seen other than test video created in a 3d editor, are spreadsheets that say things will happen with no evidence they are happening. Big fricken whoop. Pics of 3d images also do not constitute as evidence either because it would take someone who knows what they are doing roughly 3 to 8 hours to slap something together in a 3d program like Max.

So what is your actual angle here a1? What are you really after, because so far you have done nothing but basically told us a game, that does not exist, is absolutely amazing and wonderful and will be the answer to everything, yet we keep telling you to show us the money, the real game, and you just want us to believe that a bunch of amateur programmers are going to have something out soon. They've been saying soon for two years. So really, what's your angle because if I play the alpha I will play it objectively like I do every alpha and if I like it I will like it, but I can tell you now, if all their goal is is to just copy CoH and just recreate it beat for beat without any of the soul or heart, then it's a lost cause. And it's an even greater lost cause if they plan to make it a P2P because then it definitely won't be worth it.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I must say, if this kind of thread was on the DCUO forums, I understand why VO discussion is banned, or at least someone trying to start VO discussion is banned.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I mean, DCUO devs are plain dumb if they feel threatened at all by an imaginary game. In fact, letting people post stuff about VO actually helps them realise that it's never gonna happen. It's like saying something dumb out loud. Plus it also turns away people who never heard about VO, because my god, that alpha is terrible. I've seen Minecraft servers with more pixels.

It would be a complete different matter if the game posted was, say, Lost Soul Aside. It will probably never happen either unless it's picked up by a studio, but jolly god if that trailer doesn't make you doubt for a second https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU
    Post edited by lezard21 on
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:

If the Steam product is crap, I will come here and admit it, like a man.

You don't have to wait for it to be released to act like an adult. You can do that right now.
    a1fighter said:

The only thing CO has over VO is an actual product out, but as it pertains to improvement, neither has any physical evidence. I will go with the folks whom at least have a plan, as opposed to those whom do not.

The folks with a plan haven't even achieved a "phase 1" funding.

http://valiance.shogn.net/donate

You want us to put faith in an indie company that is willing to show that they're drastically underfunded, especially when their kickstarter had failed previously?

Like it or not, the fact that CO is an actual product already out makes all the difference.
    a1fighter said:

Lets say you have two kids, neither of them are trust worthy with homework. One has a plan laid out as to how he will get better at his homework, the other does not. More inclined to believe the kid that at least have a plan.

A more accurate analogy is that one kid (CO) has already done and submitted their homework, even if that kid is slow and showing little to no signs of improvement, and the other kid (VO) is still doing their homework and is long overdue in handing it in.
    a1fighter said:

CO is milking you all dry, but the faithful are willing to accept it.

Honestly at this point, shut up. Stop describing CO players as if they're like some abused wives being okay with abuse. It's getting tiresome, and insulting.

This has to be the reason why a similar thread of yours in the DCUO forums got shutdown. I'm willing to bet it had little to do with forum policy and mostly to do with your insufferable attitude trying to talk about how a game stuck in alpha stage is better than the game that the forum represents, to people who are part of that game's community. I'm sure it has to do with how you talk to people like you know better than them and putting words in their mouths, like what you're doing now.

I mean, you call us fanboys and fangirls? Look at you, being a fanboy yourself. At least fans of this game have a game they can actually play. You're a fanboy of a game that's just vapor at the moment with no confirmed release status. Unbelievable.
    I do love how he says CO is milking us dry. I missed that line. As if MMOs run on wishes and lollipop dreams.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    On the topic of grappling.

Wrestling games of the WWE type are games that are heavily about grappling, probably more than any other game you will run into. Even they have issues with grappling.. the best is when instead of grabbing the lightweight Rey Mysterio by any visible body part, the Big Show instead grabs the air around his body in order to lift him up. That's offline, between two on screen characters. I'm sure some day we'll have a great grappling system in an MMO... but until I see an amazing greco roman team wrestling match between several spandex clad super heroes, some the size of a golden retriever and some the size of of an upright minivan, and some at every size inbetween... I'm going to continue to believe that this year is not the year we'll be getting that, since games without the mm and super hero based hurdles haven't even gotten it down yet.
    a1fighter said:

The only thing CO has over VO is an actual product out

I hear that's a pretty big advantage in this market o3o

Also I think the physical evidence is the actual game that you can play. CO has one of those... VO might be a bit behind in that department.
    a1fighter said:

CO is milking you all dry, but the faithful are willing to accept it.

I mean... when I spend money on this game I do it of my own free will because it gets me stuff I want to have in the game for however long the game is live. They're not attaching a sucker to my teat to get that money out of me o3o

After all, I have lots of games I only played for a few hours and then never touched again... I spent money on those. I'm at like 6000 hours on CO... if they're planning to "milk me dry" relative to the amount I've gotten out of them, they're going to need at least two teat suckers o3o at least two.
    a1fighter said:

Lets say you have two kids, neither of them are trust worthy with homework. One has a plan laid out as to how he will get better at his homework, the other does not. More inclined to believe the kid that at least have a plan.

haha, this actually made me laugh out loud, because you completely omitted the point you brought up on your previous sentence just to make this analogy work. The correct analogy would be "would you believe in the kid that finished his homework but doesn't know what to do with his life, or the kid that has his whole life planned but hasn't done the homework thus fails the subject and has to take it up again next year"
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

I want you guys to do me a favor. While you play VO alpha (secretly), do think of me :D

I know you will, and you all know you will. Stop fronting, CO is what it is.

Here is the thing, most here are faithful CO fans. They know deep down CO will never ever improve, nor implement any suggestions that will ultimately revitalize the game.

I know this is a hard pill to shallow, being fanboys and fangirls of CO, but CO is exactly what it is now and will never ever improve nor implement any major suggestions you list. Bottomline, point blank period. CO will never:

-Add a customization to sidekicks

-Add water power

-Add nature plant power

_Etc, Etc, Etc....

I am rocking with CO until VO hits Steam.

If the Steam product is crap, I will come here and admit it, like a man.

You know what your problem is? You've got it in your crazy little head that you've got everyone here figured out, and you're the only one anywhere on this forum who can "see it like it is." The ego you must have. Everyone here knows the same things you do, but we react to it differently. You act like no one will admit it if they play it. That is something you made up. You think we have this rabid addiction to this game, so much so that we will never play or admit to playing any other games. Even in light of evidence that lots of us HAVE tried the other games, and we freely "admit" to it, you keep talking like you're the only one who has seen the light (I think you ACTUALLY used those words!) and us poor peasants need you to come in here preaching the good word of Valiance. And you want us to remember you so that when we do play it we can sing your praises. You're like just a hair off from having a messiah complex. You literally come off as a nutjob.

The only thing that's happened here is you have hyped yourself up for this game so much that you've propelled yourself into delusion. You think you've found all the answers but to everyone else, you look like you're suffering delirium.

But I do hope this game makes it because I wanna see a schoolgirl put a centaur into a figure four leg lock.

Bahahahahahaha.

biffsig.jpg
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Umm, maybe we could just close the thread?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

Yeah, but I've yet to see any evidence that VO will do that either. :p

The only thing CO has over VO is an actual product out.

Maybe so, but that is an awfully big, "only thing."

When the only thing that one company has over another is an actual product that people can, and do, buy....its a huge difference.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    And the only advantage modern medicine has over faith healing is that it repeatedly and verifiably works. It's a pretty major distinction, no?

Hey, wait - are you the person who was whining in Chat a couple of years back about the superiority of CoX over CO, and who stated that CO's still being available wasn't really a mark in its favor? Because this argument is just about that silly.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    jonsills said:

And the only advantage modern medicine has over faith healing is that it repeatedly and verifiably works. It's a pretty major distinction, no?

Hey, wait - are you the person who was whining in Chat a couple of years back about the superiority of CoX over CO, and who stated that CO's still being available wasn't really a mark in its favor? Because this argument is just about that silly.​​

There were several people like that, including a person that is championing Titans right now, who said CoH was coming back soon, multiple times for two years in CO, that a deal was almost brokered, etc. Since the forums don't allow me to name names, I will just say he tries to argue with me very recently on youtube him and another croney and I embarrassed them both with evidence and facts that they ended up deleting their posts.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited November 2016
    I have made a super hero MMO its the best one ever its called Nupht Online. It only exists in my head but it has unicorn centaurs that grapple up buildings using rainbows.

Heres a screenshot.

I think you can all agree its further along the development road than VO. I will be starting a crowdfunding campaign that I will spend on robot hands later.
    *reads replies to what a1 said*

Ok that satisfied my daily quota of laughing. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    a1fighter said:

I am jumping ships, this one will be big imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJxt5wLFI4

Make sure you have a ship to jump on to before you jump.

zrdRBy8.png
    a1fighter said:

Bitter fan boys and fan boys sinking with the ship that is CO

You know, the internet isn't an ocean. The only way to sink with a game is if you refuse to let go. Such as the various people who refuse to let go of CoX. It's dead. It's not coming back. Some day CO will be dead and not coming back. When that happens, I'll be equally skeptical about any claims to revive/remake it.
    a1fighter said:

Bitter fan boys and fan boys sinking with the ship that is CO, hilarious. Denial. ya'll know good and damn well CO is on the verge of death and will never add anything substantial.. I am jumping ships, this one will be big imo.

The best part about this? When it hits Steam this year, and I will be here posting vids and screens while you all secretly battle if you should check it out..."But wait...we cannot because all the crap we gave A1...how ill we look now."

This is gonna be awesome.... B)

Can't wait to comeback and say, whom is playing?

I told yo so?

Best part about it, is I get my four leg thread wish which folks gave me crap about as-well and a solid mmo.

You make some broad assumptions, well your continued attempt to tell me how I will feel certainly solidifies my lack of desire, aka I wouldn't get it if you paid me to now. Since I am not allowed to make my own mind up about it. Furthermore, I doubt it's hitting steam this year. It's now reaching mid November, and since they literally still do not have a working game, and have been busy showing off CoT demo videos on their own site, have no funds to continue this project, and many other facets, I am going to wonder what you will do when it doesn't release to steam this year, since you can't give us a date. Less than two months left, you can't even say this year anymore, if you literally do not have a date at this point then most likely it is not releasing.

And my answer will be, I am not playing, because quite simply, there's nothing to play. Again, you've ruined all interest because you've made up factoids about the game that don't even exist. You've made it clear that you have no interest in what people prefer and instead want to make up malarkey a piece of vaporware that so far offers game play less impressive than CoH is some how going to impress a bunch of people who want more out of CO's game play.

The game being designed is obviously not a super hero game either since the whole thing of centaur like characters comes up. This is going to basically be another second life style game, with less creative freedom where the furries go to hang out in Caprice, except it will probably make Caprice and Pocket D look tame by comparison. Really, you're trying to sell us on vaporware, and you are talking about this year. This year is almost over. In than two weeks America celebrates Thanksgiving, and in less and roughly 4 after that it's Christmas.

What day is this game going to release on Steam? You can't say this year anymore, you literally have no time left.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:

Want to show me you are truly not interested? Do not post in the thread lol, otherwise you are here by interest.

That's funny, because you made the thread with the intention to discuss about VO and obviously to generate interest. Now that it's backfired and only you are fanboying about it in the entire thread, you've become extremely salty and now don't want people to post their negative opinions of VO. And then you proceed to make hype posts about the game like the post before this as reassurance to only yourself because you obviously stopped caring about what other people think about the game, unless they're singing high praises about it like you are (which isn't happening).

If you're so sensitive and worried about people pointing out all the glaring faults of an alpha-state game being backed by developers with other full-time jobs who treat the game like a part-time project, with very little funding to show being dependent solely on donations, you're free not to continue posting in the thread too.

You accuse us of being bitter fanboys? The lack of self-awareness you display is astounding, considering you're doing the exact same thing, you hypocrite.

Now, I'm going to hold you up to your promise, when you said you will jump ship when VO comes out. Say it like you mean it. Like a man. When VO gets a Steam release, in whatever early state its in, jump. Quit this community and join theirs. Never come back. Mean what you say. Like a man. I also hope for your sake it does come out this year, and by the way, hope you realize "this year" has just 2 months left. It'd be win-win for us, because you get to shut up and play your holy grail of a game, while we wouldn't have to deal with you any longer (if you really mean what you say about jumping ship anyway).

Oh, and a gentle reminder just for you:

That's phase 1 out of 6. Yup, that's definitely an indication that it's ready for a Steam release.

Post edited by jennymachx on
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:
    YAY! you picked threads I posted! Clearly you like them. :D
    a1fighter said:

Want to show me you are truly not interested? Do not post in the thread lol, otherwise you are here by interest.

Yeah but not interest in VO. I'm because I like watching people mock you. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    "Hate"? How can I hate VO, something that doesn't in fact exist?

I am a little weary of your incessant girlish squeeing over every dribble of dazzling bull they throw your way, but I can't "hate" vaporware.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    Someone needs to stop playing the victim.. If Valiance Online comes out, feels, plays great and has great community and customization, then of course I (and likely many others) will go and give it a try, and maybe stick to it.

There is no "shame" in doing this, and it's not your victory. Personally, I am just skeptical. Don't mistake that for not liking the game that is in the making though, I just have little hopes for it. If the released product is way better than what I imagined I am not going to clench my fist and say "DAMN YOU VALIANCE ONLINE FOR BEING SO GOOD, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BAD SO I COULD MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT HOW BAD YOU ARE ON MY OLD CO FORUMS". I will play it for my own fun, simple as that. And everyone will be a winner.

Just because I (we ?) like sticking to CO doesn't mean I'm developping a yandere syndrom over it. I'll jump the ship if it becomes obvious that it would be stupid not to. For now I still love CO.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited November 2016
    a1fighter said:

Bitter fan boys and fan boys sinking with the ship that is CO, hilarious. Denial. ya'll know good and damn well CO is on the verge of death and will never add anything substantial.. I am jumping ships, this one will be big imo.

The best part about this? When it hits Steam this year, and I will be here posting vids and screens while you all secretly battle if you should check it out..."But wait...we cannot because all the crap we gave A1...how ill we look now."

This is gonna be awesome.... B)

Can't wait to comeback and say, whom is playing?

I told yo so?

Best part about it, is I get my four leg thread wish which folks gave me crap about as-well and a solid mmo.

I don't really get why people in the internet use these anime style replies. The "It all went according to keikaku", "But Ah! Only now have I truly won!", "I'm not angry I just wanted to get this reaction out of you" and the "B) B)B)" emote.

Whenever I see these reply templates, I just know that we made you cry irl.
    edited November 2016
    Previously on CO Forums.

A1: "Look at this game that I am so not anything to do with. Its looks better than DCUO and CO! and will be better than any other game ever made in the history of the world ever. DCUO forums agree with me even though they all told me to p**s off and banned anything to do with this VO snake oil"

CO Forumites: "Dude it looks like bollocky vaporware."

A1: "WAH!"

*Edit* A1 you do know PWE has banned anyone plugging their own products on the ARC forums right? Your not fooling anyone your involved with VO.
This discussion has been closed.