test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmic Revamp On a scale of 1-10

stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
With 10 being the most positive, how satisfied are you with the new Cosmic Monster Revamp (Kigatilik, Qwyjibo, and Teleiosaurus open missions)?

((I actually took a class in making surveys once, lol.))

Cosmic Revamp On a scale of 1-10 40 votes

7%
draognaesicaunethicalgenki 3 votes
0%
5%
ruprechtvandoom1nbkxs 2 votes
5%
unclejoey777squirrelloid 2 votes
5%
stratluverphasestar 2 votes
7%
morigosakemmicalskrazykarazan 3 votes
20%
pantagruel01jaazaniah1chaosdrgnz43pwestolemynamesaruro1994magpieuk2014hawk290nacito#6758 8 votes
25%
riveroceannephtdeadman20stellariodragonlezard21gradiiroughbearmattachxacchaeusavianosdarqaura2 10 votes
10%
championshewolfroyalflvshspinnytopcptmassive1 4 votes
15%
chaelkbiffsmackwellxcaligaxmisterspiderkamokamispookyspectre 6 votes

Comments

• stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    Was a nine, went down to 8 after zone limits, lol.
    I just like making polls, surveys. :smiley::smiley::smiley:​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I gave it a 1, but actually that should probably be a 2. The devs clearly wanted to take mediocre content and turn it into meaningful, challenging bosses--I commend them for that. However, doing such a thing with open world bosses was kind of lame. Both the detestable, more-harm-than-good participation thresholds and resulting problems, as well as the anti-zerg participation hit for dying, could've been completely avoided by just making them what they probably should've been all along--lair bosses.

As instanced lair/dungeon/whatever bosses, no participation threshold is necessary because groups can just kick freeloaders, and doors/force fields can deter players from zerging in a much clearer way.

Instead, "how can I game the participation threshold so I actually get credit" becomes just as much a strategy as "how do we beat this boss's mechanics?"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,125 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The 50-man map limit and the 20-man aura support limit can go jump in a River! Why is the Server so Fragile that even a Butterfly can make it Explode!?

Cosmics now do feel cosmics and not a potato sack of HP, they are nice additional way to earn GCR and SCR (along costumes and gear)

However the Success is based on team work it can take 2 hours to beat Kiga to 10-20 mins
    People can Troll and Gried the fights

Teleiosarus' Baby and Kiga's Frost Hound are a major annoyance and everything can go to hell in 1 min if they screw up​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Despite it' s issues I like Cosmic content. Healers get boned on the participation limit - and can also game it to get high scores if they build for it. Double edged sword really. A support toon spammig Lifedrain, with Sentinel Aura and the AoED passive is guaranteed a top spot on the chart. While one holding block with Sentinel Aura and Medical Nanites will do well too. They are both massively contributing to the team, but less to individuals (like tanks). Which I'm starting to believe is by design, to lessen the impact of the automatic I-win combo of "Tank + Healer".

On the other hand once the content gets rolling it is fun. The rewards are useful. You actually receive drops like "flame retardant" that make surviving the boss attacks easier. That and generous amounts of questionite, GCR, SCR, and mods. It's the most rewarding content for a level 40 in the game. I don't want that to change.

I actually like the zone limits, less lag and it makes the game appear busier. As someone who likes to play support, it's a lot easier to pick out individuals who need a rez or quick heal. Before it was chaos and you couldn't see past the crowd surrounding the boss. Also less lag and visual clutter.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016

PS - my healer, AoRP, no life drain, always get rewards
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    It's good, but not great.

After the 50-person zone cap, and some graphical fixes, I am pleased with the results (which initially I was ambivalent about because of technical issues).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    I like them. It can be frustrating when people don't listen, of course, but when things come together they are just fine. The server limitations imposed are quite understandable, since this is a heavily graphic based game and anyone that has played WoW will note that one they don't do big scale world events anymore, and that their raid instances have been getting smaller and smaller as far as participants involved. Buffs were limited there to because people use to crash said servers with just 40 people using particular items.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I have my frustrations with them, but with people cooperating it is manageable. However, the number of healers/tanks in this game is grievously astonishing. Especially the healers. Last week when there wasn't a zone cap, there were like 60+ people and only 3 healers. one of them being me. Still happens even now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Well, I have been asking for Giant Monster Hunting to be a thing since the game opened, but instead we got all sorts of lame stuff like vehicles. so I'm glad it is finally here. I mean, think about how much more awesome the game would be if we had as many cosmics as we have vehicles and as many vehicles as we have cosmics.

The 50 person zone limit is lame as all fudge. As someone said above, weak servers are weak. They need to go. It is completely ironic that CO FINALLY got something that lots of people really want to play, but now they won't let us.

I do think they could use a little more balancing. Monkey may be a tad too easy. The Dino, ugh. The Dino is just insane. I can't tell if it's aggro machine is off or what, but the way it just stumbles around drunkenly attacking who knows what for who knows why is really annoying. I mean, if the aggro is supposed to be all wonky, that's fine, but at least tell us, so we can stop spending so much time trying to organize.

I kind of wish it was queued content, like the Rampages, but I realize why it is not, And it is more challenging to do it with whatever zerging leroy n00b shows up, rather than building solid teams.

Anyway, all in all, it's good, only 6 years late, but...
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It's good fun, with some niggles (the zone limit is a big awkward - I can't switch between multiple instances of Canada/MI like I can in Mil City, which has let to some whingy zone chat about people who aren't doing the Cosmics "going to another instance"), but the refresh was definitely worth the time. Now, about Burst Alerts..... :)
    Well I am sure if people could solve the server issue it would be all fine and dandy, but there is no make it better switch. Even the big wars that people might even pretend to talk about in EVE have to be booked by play date and the devs have to know in advance so they can reinforce those regions with additional hardware. Saying servers are weak seems to be missing the issue by a large margin.

As far as the dino, the dino is fine to, what the problem there is you got dozens of people that bring their CC toon or even have high DPS with low threat tanks tanking. Since they have to spend a lot of time blocking and the DPS never brings a threat wipe power, because they are too cool for school and such, and you can see where the problems begin.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Well, I have been asking for Giant Monster Hunting to be a thing since the game opened, but instead we got all sorts of lame stuff like vehicles. so I'm glad it is finally here. I mean, think about how much more awesome the game would be if we had as many cosmics as we have vehicles and as many vehicles as we have cosmics.

The 50 person zone limit is lame as all fudge. As someone said above, weak servers are weak. They need to go. It is completely ironic that CO FINALLY got something that lots of people really want to play, but now they won't let us.

I do think they could use a little more balancing. Monkey may be a tad too easy. The Dino, ugh. The Dino is just insane. I can't tell if it's aggro machine is off or what, but the way it just stumbles around drunkenly attacking who knows what for who knows why is really annoying. I mean, if the aggro is supposed to be all wonky, that's fine, but at least tell us, so we can stop spending so much time trying to organize.

I kind of wish it was queued content, like the Rampages, but I realize why it is not, And it is more challenging to do it with whatever zerging leroy n00b shows up, rather than building solid teams.

Anyway, all in all, it's good, only 6 years late, but...

The Dino is t supposed to stumble around like that. When the tank team falls apart, the Dino starts picking away at the next highest threat, which is usually the DPS. People start scattering because they don't wanna eat the bite. So people scatter left and right, to be at either side. So now the next highest threat target is 20 feet away to her left, so she walks toward them and eats them. Then turns to the next, and the next, and the next. Now all the DPS is dead, and when you get back, she's healed up and it's a wipe.

The Dino isn't that difficult, it's just people who don't know what they're doing causing wipes.

Of course there's also the clowns who like to stand at 100' range behind the Dino, full well knowing that they can pull aggro, and do so, and the tanks get a tail swipe to the face, DPS all dies, and it's a wipe. HUEHUEHUE.
    biffsig.jpg
    I give it a 10 because it's the type of content I really like, and the biggest problems with it is the trolls and the dumbs, and you can't blame Cryptic for that.

I've seen all of the cosmic fights go reall smooth and quick, even with minimal planning. They can go very right or very wrong and sometimes in the middle, but in the end the rewards are worth the effort.
    biffsig.jpg
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I have my frustrations with them, but with people cooperating it is manageable. However, the number of healers/tanks in this game is grievously astonishing. Especially the healers. Last week when there wasn't a zone cap, there were like 60+ people and only 3 healers. one of them being me. Still happens even now.

You sound surprised about something I've been conscious about for years, observing it, witnessing it, I could elaborate but I'll get to the point, Playing CO for about 4 years now, up until say Fire and Ice round about, certain self sufficient builds have Trivialized this game, along side increasing Gear and Mixture of imbalanced powers/devices, people have managed to Solo most content and that doesn't encourage teamwork outside of some circumstances(Personally glad to see some fixing recently with Dev's involvement), now we're seeing Co-operation as a highlight or no-one gets anything, this may seem foreign to some since they're so used to focusing on one's self, Personally, with my Builds they aren't fantastic so I get trouble but I for one find it refreshing to be a useful part of a team then some tag along in a Zerg Rush (Hello Alerts), so long as we work in Unity, enjoying it so far, although those 1 hit KO'es are rather anti-climatic, sometimes unexpected. :I
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    I give it a 10 because it's the type of content I really like, and the biggest problems with it is the trolls and the dumbs, and you can't blame Cryptic for that.

I've seen all of the cosmic fights go reall smooth and quick, even with minimal planning. They can go very right or very wrong and sometimes in the middle, but in the end the rewards are worth the effort.

I have to agree 100% with Biff here. This is the type of content I like. TA might be good but "learning the mechanics" usually means people yelling at you after a wipe, repeatedly. That isn't fun. Comics are more fun for me because the yelling is usually directed at a group of people, not singling people out unless they are trolling. Plus it just feels more epic. I think once people get things down on how to organize quickly (its kinda fun to watch the ritual evolve) I think most of the problems should go away.

The only thing I don't really get is when GCR get rewarded. I think it's 7 per monster per player per zone per day... but I could be wrong. :3​​
    Pretty sure it's 3 times per day, regardless of monster or zone.
    biffsig.jpg
    Another hand up here "This is the kind of content I really like." I only gave it an 8 due to the issues I mentioned. But that's my own personal beef with the sorry state of support builds (Controls & Healz) in CO (and the general lack of people who play support).

But I agree with you Biff.
    Pretty sure it's 3 times per day, regardless of monster or zone.

THANK YOU! I must be playing at weird times.​​
    edited May 2016
    I have to agree 100% with Biff here. This is the type of content I like. TA might be good but "learning the mechanics" usually means people yelling at you after a wipe, repeatedly. That isn't fun. Comics are more fun for me because the yelling is usually directed at a group of people, not singling people out unless they are trolling. Plus it just feels more epic. I think once people get things down on how to organize quickly (its kinda fun to watch the ritual evolve) I think most of the problems should go away.

The only thing I don't really get is when GCR get rewarded. I think it's 7 per monster per player per zone per day... but I could be wrong. :3

I don't know who is yelling at you in TA, but oh well. More power to em. If they yell then they take things way too seriously.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited May 2016

The only thing I don't really get is when GCR get rewarded. I think it's 7 per monster per player per zone per day... but I could be wrong. :3

I don't know who is yelling at you in TA, but oh well. More power to em. If they yell then they take things way too seriously.

I'm just hypersensitive. :wink: I'm one of those people that refer to any criticism as "yelling," lol. In either case I'd rather learn in an environment where a bunch of people are making mistakes instead of just me.​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 744 Arc User
    I'm not going to rate this since I still got a few issue about this. The first issue comes with the 50 player limit with the server. Before anyone ask, I'm quite aware that a team of 25 players can beat any of the cosmic, but we got to a point where nearly cosmic hunters know their thing or two about how to survive these cosmic threat. With that being said, it was annoying that some of these hunters couldn't join into the the zone because it recently got max to 50. Or hey, if you get disconnect, your chance of killing a cosmic is gone and you have to wait for a couple of hours until that cosmic is up again. Not enough tank or healers for the run and you decided to get yours? Too bad, the 50 player limit screw you over. It was quite annoying that I have to pm or ask some leveling up players to move to another zone just so we can get our tanks or healers into the zone.

Another issue I have with this event was the crediting for the tanks and healers. Death penalty exist in the cosmic event but it effect the tanks and healers the most. They are usually the one to start the cosmic fight and things can start getting pretty messy in the beginning or during the fight. When they die, it would be hard for them to get their points back because they still have to do their duty of tanking or healing. Compare to a DPS, where they can get a couple 100k easily and dying a bunch of times wouldn't effect that score at all. And then there is the part where you did your tanking or healing to your fullest extend but you still didn't get credited for the work. You can survive by helping your fellow tanks migrate damage from dino's bite, throw a bunch of punch and kick in-between blocks, and still get a pathetic score of 60k-95k. It's even worse if the fight goes too well. Case and point, the Kiga fight. If you're in charge of tanking a dog or healing a dog and the dps manage to kill Kiga too fast, the dog tanks and healers wouldn't accumulate enough point to get the rewards and get screw over for doing their job. It's things like these that make me wish the cosmic fight turn to hell and get a wipe because at least then, the tanks and healers can keep the points they had in the previous fight and stack it up to have enough to get a reward for it.

If it weren't for these two issue, I would have rated this content an 8 or a 9.
    edited May 2016

TA might be good but "learning the mechanics" usually means people yelling at you after a wipe, repeatedly.​​

You're going with the wrong people.

Also, I've personally seen some people just stupidly raging in zone during the cosmics, entire sentences of caps-lock and all - now and then individuals have even been called out ( at times being called griefers or trolls when they weren't - that sort of a stigma is eagerly accepted by the crowd who wants a scapegoat and can then be difficult to shake ). Other than a few individuals ( you wouldn't be surprised if I named them ), I haven't seen any raging in TA. Of course, anyone who would rage is likely the person who would get double upset by my carefree attitude, so they likely avoid me like the plague :smile:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,517 Arc User
    It's a little sad to see ca. 40 dps types standing around for a long time waiting for someone else to come along with a tank or healer, instead of switching to one of those themselves. Not sure if it's a matter of play style choice or something else. I needed 100 GCR for one of my dps types. That's done, so now I'm trying to bring tanks and healers.
    rtma said:

You sound surprised about something I've been conscious about for years, observing it, witnessing it, I could elaborate but I'll get to the point, Playing CO for about 4 years now, up until say Fire and Ice round about, certain self sufficient builds have Trivialized this game, along side increasing Gear and Mixture of imbalanced powers/devices, people have managed to Solo most content and that doesn't encourage teamwork outside of some circumstances(Personally glad to see some fixing recently with Dev's involvement), now we're seeing Co-operation as a highlight or no-one gets anything, this may seem foreign to some since they're so used to focusing on one's self, Personally, with my Builds they aren't fantastic so I get trouble but I for one find it refreshing to be a useful part of a team then some tag along in a Zerg Rush (Hello Alerts), so long as we work in Unity, enjoying it so far, although those 1 hit KO'es are rather anti-climatic, sometimes unexpected. :I

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,517 Arc User
    My not overly awesome tanks and healers usually seem to get credit and rewards for these. Last dino attack my tank died half a dozen times and pretty much just used his leap and chain attacks for CC and CS. He was near the bottom of the list, but still there, and got full rewards.
    qawsada said:

Another issue I have with this event was the crediting for the tanks and healers. Death penalty exist in the cosmic event but it effect the tanks and healers the most. They are usually the one to start the cosmic fight and things can start getting pretty messy in the beginning or during the fight. When they die, it would be hard for them to get their points back because they still have to do their duty of tanking or healing. Compare to a DPS, where they can get a couple 100k easily and dying a bunch of times wouldn't effect that score at all. And then there is the part where you did your tanking or healing to your fullest extend but you still didn't get credited for the work. You can survive by helping your fellow tanks migrate damage from dino's bite, throw a bunch of punch and kick in-between blocks, and still get a pathetic score of 60k-95k. It's even worse if the fight goes too well. Case and point, the Kiga fight. If you're in charge of tanking a dog or healing a dog and the dps manage to kill Kiga too fast, the dog tanks and healers wouldn't accumulate enough point to get the rewards and get screw over for doing their job. It's things like these that make me wish the cosmic fight turn to hell and get a wipe because at least then, the tanks and healers can keep the points they had in the previous fight and stack it up to have enough to get a reward for it.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I have actually read people's chat during/before/after Cosmics that lament that they can't be soloed.
    "Why can't I get GCR on my own?"

To be fair, the Devs have made it clear that GCR is specifically for team content here on the forums. Most players never come to the forums, though.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

It's a little sad to see ca. 40 dps types standing around for a long time waiting for someone else to come along with a tank or healer, instead of switching to one of those themselves. Not sure if it's a matter of play style choice or something else.

Well, people might not have tanks or healers. People might be capped out on their tanks or healers. People might want GCR on a specific character.
    edited May 2016
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    My not overly awesome tanks and healers usually seem to get credit and rewards for these. Last dino attack my tank died half a dozen times and pretty much just used his leap and chain attacks for CC and CS. He was near the bottom of the list, but still there, and got full rewards.

People farm GCR with very specific characters and are after specific cosmics for the daily, you cannot force them to switch, its their own damn business

I only farm GCR with my PA DPS and my Beastial Regen Hyrbrid,
    the first is fully geared with Justice and Onslaught secondaries and is perfect DPS for farming and the second CAN TANK but I don't because im not confident for my tanking skills​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    avianos said:

I only farm GCR with my PA DPS and my Beastial Regen Hyrbrid,

the first is fully geared with Justice and Onslaught secondaries and is perfect DPS for farming and the second CAN TANK but I don't because im not confident for my tanking skills​​

You won't become more confident without trying. I suggest Kigatilik dogs, as they're actual solo tanking situations and are somewhat lower stress than trying to handle the Hatchling.
    You won't become more confident without trying. I suggest Kigatilik dogs, as they're actual solo tanking situations and are somewhat lower stress than trying to handle the Hatchling.

I did tanked Frost Hound, but didn't got Kiga Credit for the Cosmic Daily, I had been paranoid since then​​
    avianos said:

I did tanked Frost Hound, but didn't got Kiga Credit for the Cosmic Daily, I had been paranoid since then​​

If this was before last Thursday, the way credit works changed so it's now possible to get credit for the daily by healing or dog tanking. Other than that, unfortunately, the correct way to tank the hounds to get credit is somewhat contradictory to normal tanking practice, because the credit for damage taken works is that it's post-mitigation damage, not pre-mitigation damage (this is dumb but apparently a limitation on their tech), so if a dog hits you for 10k damage and you block and reduce it down to 500, you only get credit for 500 damage. Thus, what you actually want to do is attack as much as you can while still not getting killed. This also helps the healer get credit.
    edited May 2016
    Really liking the nice tight curve on the tiny bit of data so far. Looks like there's a good consensus from people (who care enough about the game to go on the forums and do polls) that the cosmic revamp is fun. :D

People also like TA and dislike onslaught, but there's less of a consensus on that so far--might be because that content focused on specific types of players (endgame raiders, PVP). I will have to give TA another chance, it seems. I liked Onslaught, but I got my gear before the guardian re-spawn fixes went live. :#

My advice for devs would be to focus more on open-world stuff, personally I'd love to see a round of open mission revamps (silver rec), or maybe even add cosmics to the desert, Vibora and Lemuria. (Red and Blue Gronds? Vibora Sharknado? Megashark in Lemuria?) But if they're going the "something for everybody" route, maybe open up some of the adventure pack maps (Qliphothic realm, Multifaria, Jungle) as RP zones as a completion perk.​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    It gets an 8 because of mad people standing around on that stupid arsed hill for half an hour shouting at each other. Best endgame.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Lemuria is an easy one, giant Empyrean construct.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Well don't hope too much for a whole host of Cosmics. The last thing they want to do is have enough Cosmics so that folks can just do Cosmics one-after-another round the clock and ignore all other content. The normal 4 hour timers seem to indicate that the intent is that the Cosmics are one of many things you might do in an average play session.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The last thing they want to do is have enough Cosmics so that folks can just do Cosmics one-after-another round the clock and ignore all other content.

onion-1.gif
    That would be awesome.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. :s​​
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,571 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    how many cosmics ARE there ingame anyway? (discounting event-limited ones like clarence)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 744 Arc User

how many cosmics ARE there ingame anyway? (discounting event-limited ones like clarence)​​

There is Grond (I'm sure the developer aren't touching him for awhile), MegaDestroyer at MC (the OV might pose a problem and just kill the heroes gathering the event) and Mega-Terak at MI (which needs to be kill to finish the Gadget Boy's questline).
    edited May 2016
    qawsada wrote: »
    how many cosmics ARE there ingame anyway? (discounting event-limited ones like clarence) There is Grond (I'm sure the developer aren't touching him for awhile), MegaDestroyer at MC (the OV might pose a problem and just kill the heroes gathering the event) and Mega-Terak at MI (which needs to be kill to finish the Gadget Boy's questline).

Actually, of all those only Grond is a Cosmic (level 26 to be exact) and Mega-D are Cosmics (level 28). Mega-Terak is a Legendary. Grond will probably get a revamp sometime but who knows how different he will be once that is done. Mega-Destroid will probably get beefed up but probably not to such extremes.​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    I enjoy running these cosmics from time to time. People can be frustrating to work with though, especially on such a large scale. Aside from that, it's nice to have some challenging stuff again. Rewarding is still a bit funky here and there, but that's probably my only real complaint when it comes to the actual Cosmic Revamp... and that's a technical limitation of our outdated engine, I'm sure.

Though I also wish Grond was included in this (And Megalodon added for Lemuria), I understand that he'd be incredibly painful to deal with. I can only imagine Grond getting a complete revamp to bring him in line with the rest of the cosmics later.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

edited May 2016
    AOE healing seems to be the ticket for healers in these encounters. My revamped healer (Medical Nanites + Sentinel Aura + Iniquity) has no problems getting rewards. He can heal dog tanks or main tanks. He get's something every time. He even managed to grab a top 10 spot on Kiga from healing alone. :smirk:

As opposed to when he had a Single Target heal and AORP. The funny thing is shielding and bubbling players, actually hurts scoring. Because of how scoring works. Healers don't get credit for the damage absorbed. While tanks lose out if they are overprotected form taking damage.

Actually, that sort of makes sense, now that I think about it. There needs to be an element of risk involved with cosmics.

Actually, of all those only Grond is a Cosmic. Mega-Terak is a Legendary, and so is the Mega Destroid in the OM in Millennium City.

No, the open mission Mega-Destroid is a cosmic, though it's level 28 (Grond is level 26), though there are Legendary scale Mega-Destroids in Resistance. I'm not sure how the Rampage bosses are set, I think Bleak Harbinger and maybe Gravitar are set to Cosmic.

There's a couple things that show as Cosmic if you select them (the Kings of Edom in Demonflame, I think the dragon in Hi Pan) but can't be fought. There's two incomplete Cosmics designed for Lemuria (Megalodon and some odd giant maw in the ground thingy).
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited May 2016

and maybe Gravitar are set to Cosmic.

There's a couple things that show as Cosmic if you select them (the Kings of Edom in Demonflame, I think the dragon in Hi Pan) but can't be fought. There's two incomplete Cosmics designed for Lemuria (Megalodon and some odd giant maw in the ground thingy).

First Part, Noooo, Nunununoooo, She is Not Cosmic, can you think of the *Insert Cosmic Puns Here* xD
    She's Legendary Rank, Both Rampage and Tough Legendary Teleios Clone variant.
    Secondly, I don't remember these Incomplete ones you're talking about, Megalodon is in Lemuria Crysis, right? if that's true I've only done it like Twice, so yeah, Dunno.

If Grond got a Revamp, make it so that you deal with, maybe a Gauntlet style approach were you Mow down wave after waves of Irradiates and gradually move up til you chase and face Grond to a no man's land style showdown were he stands his ground til defeated or puny hero's flee from Revamped Ground.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    Hah, Personally I'd rather Grond remained untouched and a beefier version of Grond was added as a Cosmic that spawned after the first Grond was defeated. Like a battle with a Mecha Grond, or three different colored Gronds, Dragon Grond, or something equally ridiculous. FFXIV had some of their hunts only spawn after certain conditions were met, so I think defeating a level 26 Grond as a prerequisite to spawning a lvl 40 cosmic Grond variant in some empty part of the desert (NW of stronghold?) would act as a good way to slow battle progression and get people to actually hunt Grond again.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Or just make it so that when Grond leaps he's using an actual travel power, and that if players don't attack while chasing him he heals when he lands.

Hmm.... maybe have him start at a certain location, then cycle through various points before landing on the radiation dome in the NE?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    The classic thing about Grond was always "You're a level 7 newbie in the Desert, having just finished the Desert Disaster. You hear a voice behind you and suddenly you get to respawn". He hasn't really been the same since they shifted the level 5-15 areas from Desert/Canada to West Side.
    gradii said:

Have you tried it? Barring a couple occasional remaining issues with healing credit, it's not that hard to score enough.

Unfortunately no. I've been put off from doing so because of the participation threshold. Also, I suppose it doesn't help that two of my 40s are...not exactly ideal. My main (Aesica) is a tank, but she's only heroic geared. Since these give me the impression that it's "be geared or **** off" when it comes to tanks, there's little I can offer with that character. Another is a support based on passives--many of which contribute lots, don't actually count toward participation. About all that one can do is try to spot-heal with celestial conduit or spam lightning storm and hope enough points rack up.

I guess I'm just completely put off by the idea of possibly not getting anything to show for my efforts, other than several deaths and a bunch of missing stars.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited May 2016
    aesica wrote: »
    Unfortunately no. I've been put off from doing so because of the participation threshold. Also, I suppose it doesn't help that two of my 40s are...not exactly ideal. My main (Aesica) is a tank, but she's only heroic geared. Since these give me the impression that it's "be geared or **** off" when it comes to tanks, there's little I can offer with that character. Another is a support based on passives--many of which contribute lots, don't actually count toward participation. About all that one can do is try to spot-heal with celestial conduit or spam lightning storm and hope enough points rack up.

I guess I'm just completely put off by the idea of possibly not getting anything to show for my efforts, other than several deaths and a bunch of missing stars.

I don't know who told you be geared or **** off, but they are wrong. It's really getting silly that people think the gear is the thing holding them back. Really seems to be the only people perpetuating this myth are those that are in said gear, because even those of us that are geared say straight up the gear doesn't influence much. I think people seem to be confusing the gear as some huge leap in power, when the actual scale is much, much smaller.

it's been proven, multiple times in fact, that gear has little bearing on this content and that it is solely the players cooperation and ability to pay attention.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    aesica said:

So basically... you're criticizing something you've never tried, and you haven't tried because of something that doesn't matter in the first place (stars are not totally irrelevant, but they're not very important and they're not hard to get back).
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    It's fun because it's hard. And any bugs that it has are actually just features that make it even harder. :smile:

So basically... you're criticizing something you've never tried, and you haven't tried because of something that doesn't matter in the first place (stars are not totally irrelevant, but they're not very important and they're not hard to get back).

What I'm criticizing in particular is the participation threshold aspect, combined with people complaining about not getting loot. If this really isn't a problem anymore, I suppose I could try. However!

If I show up late, say to one that's about halfway dead, is there any chance of getting enough contribution by jumping in? Or should I just watch from a distance and hope they wipe?

I don't know who told you be geared or **** off, but they are wrong. It's really getting silly that people think the gear is the thing holding them back. Really seems to be the only people perpetuating this myth are those that are in said gear, because even those of us that are geared say straight up the gear doesn't influence much. I think people seem to be confusing the gear as some huge leap in power, when the actual scale is much, much smaller.

it's been proven, multiple times in fact, that gear has little bearing on this content and that it is solely the players cooperation and ability to pay attention.​​

It was my understanding that it matters for tanks. While sure, there's "certain users" who will brag...uh, I mean "state" that they got credit on their 1-armed AT wearing level 10 quest gear while blindfolded, I'm pretty sure a tank needs more than that to do their part.

Anyway, I suppose I can give them a shot, but I'm pretty sure I'm walking into disappointment.