test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmic Revamp On a scale of 1-10

13»

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    The Nightmare Colossi are not anything special.

As noted, they just require enough DPS and a handful of people on orb duty.
    No special coordination, either. Two or three people settle in as "orb damage", another two or three as "orb activators", and everyone else is "beat up the chicken".

And I think that most people have this figured out.
    Yeah, there have been a couple of times that I saw a surplus of people on orbs or maybe I was at the orbs and there weren't enough people on damage back there, but saying "need someone with a good AoE back at orbs, please" or "can a couple of people on orbs help with the chicken" just doesn't feel like "organization" to me.

The cosmics are, at least, a little better in that regard, though in different ways.

I do not say this as an "uber-leet" in terms of either me or my character.
    I have a character that I have spent a lot of time playing, but they are a hybrid by design and while that was a large part of what allowed them to solo Qwijybo, it is also what may make that same character undesirable for certain high-end content.

I doubt that I would be welcome in a F&I team, for example, and while I have yet to try TA, I am not sure that anyone would welcome me there, either.

But anything that is open to everyone can only need so much organization anyway.
    After a point it becomes basically impossible to have a bunch of moving parts all needing to do something special on their own at certain times. Someone will drop the ball, never mind the possibility of trolls that will mess things up on purpose.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2016

I doubt that I would be welcome in a F&I team, for example, and while I have yet to try TA, I am not sure that anyone would welcome me there, either.

Fire and Ice requires one very sturdy tank (for Frosticus) and a healer dedicated to that tank. Otherwise, any other heroes are fine. It is best to have a second healer (especially to rez people), and it is wise to have some who spams AoEs. The rest is gravy. Please join Fire and Ice teams; the most important aspect is that the player is alert and is a team player

For Teleios Ascendant, I personally invite you to any team I am on, and I will even help you form a team to play it. As long as there is one good tank, a good healer, and someone who is great at handling mobs (such as an off-tank, or an expert CCer), anybody else can come along. My own main, a total hybrid (healer/DPS/rezzer) has done TA about 6 times.

In game, find me @roughbear.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • unclejoey777unclejoey777 Posts: 2 Arc User
    In my opinion the worst part about this is the waiting and set up. I wish the events started at specific times that could be planned around. Waiting and not knowing if you are even waiting for a reason is just pure awful. It fills me with a murderous rage and I am usually a relaxed guy.

For instance. 7 server time teleiosaurus starts and you have a 10 minute timer. 7:15 Qwinijubu or whatever starts. 7:30 Kigatilik.

Something like that. Or maybe 7, 730, 8. They could be big events like Wintergrasp was when I used to play wow. There would be no waiting and waiting and waiting and hoping. One time to start and a time limit to complete or nothing.

Also, stop rewarding the people who do the wrong thing and try and top the dps charts instead of going for hearts or blocking when they are low health on kiga.

Lastly, you need more equipment slots. Like two trinkets, two rings, and two earrings or something. 6 total just doesn't cut it, even counting devices. More is better. And better is good.

In my opinion the worst part about this is the waiting and set up. I wish the events started at specific times that could be planned around. Waiting and not knowing if you are even waiting for a reason is just pure awful. It fills me with a murderous rage and I am usually a relaxed guy.

The idea is for folks to group up, for players to talk to each other. Join the Cosmics HQ channel.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited June 2016

For instance. 7 server time teleiosaurus starts and you have a 10 minute timer. 7:15 Qwinijubu or whatever starts. 7:30 Kigatilik.

Something like that. Or maybe 7, 730, 8. They could be big events like Wintergrasp was when I used to play wow. There would be no waiting and waiting and waiting and hoping. One time to start and a time limit to complete or nothing.

This is one of the reasons I'm starting to get burnt down with Cosmics. The only people that do the recruitments, form the groups and set everything nice and cozy are ALWAYS the same. Me, Qawsada, Vixy, Cenotaph. Stone, Panta and Zero a little bit less. King used to but got tired. VEXX when he is online. But at best it's 10 people or so.

The rest of the people just show up and there are some frequent ones that complain. A lot. Instead of being a little bit more proactive and whisper to a friend or in your supergroup, go and recruit people in MC, roll a healer or a tank since they are scarce (since again, it's mostly always the same people covering this roles).

I even had one person whisper me that I form the raids too late and that they haven't been able to complete their daily in 3 days because of that! Well I'm sorry but that's the time I get off work. What is preventing you from forming a raid earlier? Now it's my fault that you were not able to do your daily?

With this current scene, how would making it timed a better solution? If there are not enough tanks or healers online or people who want to organize the raid online or they are doing something else, then no one gets anything.

You get 2 tanks and 2 healers for Dino, and are waiting for a 3rd to show up, but the timer is running out, so you rush it and wipe. Whereas currently you can wait a little bit and get the proper setup to guarantee a smooth run.

Just because a certain group of people are impatient and not proactive doesn't mean the rest of the community is not patient and has to pay for this.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Also, stop rewarding the people who do the wrong thing and try and top the dps charts instead of going for hearts or blocking when they are low health on kiga.

Ehhhhh... I would hate for the game to be designed around DumPS people that don't know that A) topping the chats does nothing for you and B ) hearts give points. Though these people are annoying, I would hate for the fights to be dumbed down so that it's no challenge for the rest of us.
    biffsig.jpg
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Agreed that improving the waiting and set up is what would make running cosmics repeatedly a lot more enjoyable.

There's 2 parts to this:
    1. Getting the required type of players and assigning the designated roles
    2. Making sure people know what to do

We got a little help here when the Kiga dogs got names. I would love to see more changes like this. Someone suggested colored hearts.....or maybe they could even be different organs? But basically make it really easy for people to understand or at least communicate what to do. So that point #2 breezes by.

So far we're making communication of what to do a bit easier with imgur screenshots, but the ideal would be for the game to make that happen itself.

For point #1, it'd be great if people could self-select to be in specific roles. This would help the issue of everyone just stands around waiting for people to read zone chat and volunteer themselves to step forward.

Like in "Team Up" if there was a specific tank section and a specific healer section and people could just slot themselves into those sections. Or maybe other changes can be made to Team Up to make organization faster and easier.

Ultimately nothing moves forward unless someone steps in and starts organizing. It seems that making this person's life easier would be key to ensure continued participation.

If things are going to be difficult enough to require organization then getting people organized needs to made super easy. Depending on how well that's done there could be a lot of room for challenging mechanics and comparable rewards!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    My votes: Heart of Fire, Liver of Fury, Spleen of the Mountain.
    biffsig.jpg
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Cosmics
    • Qwyjibo's fire hearts now come in red, blue and purple flavors.
    ​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    OOH in-game team spreadsheets! :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

kaizerin wrote: »

Cosmics
    • Qwyjibo's fire hearts now come in red, blue and purple flavors.

​​

That was fast!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,571 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    you know, something just occured to me...if qwyjibo has a purple heart, that means it was injured in a war somewhere - probably against us

the poor ape certainly deserves one after all the beatings it's taken over the past...eight years now?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

you know, something just occured to me...if qwyjibo has a purple heart, that means it was injured in a war somewhere - probably against us

the poor ape certainly deserves one after all the beatings it's taken over the past...eight years now?​​

He was injured in the battle against Teleios.

• is that a real thing? qwyjibo's lore doesn't seem to be ingame, so all i know about him is that he a colossal flaming monkey​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 744 Arc User

is that a real thing? qwyjibo's lore doesn't seem to be ingame, so all i know about him is that he a colossal flaming monkey​​

Play the Monster Island Crisis
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,517 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just want to say that I really appreciate it when I show up to a cosmic and there is someone trying to herd cats, err, organize heroes. It is a tough job. Thanks! I have several tanks and healers so I am trying to bring those in a fair amount and volunteer to play my part (really enjoyed tanking dinomom, had great healers that time). Unfortunately those guys are fully geared (getting GCR for gear is why I am running them) so the GCR is a bit of a waste for my healers and tanks, unless some costumes and powers come along that are of real interest. Still wish that the GCR went into a common account fund.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

is that a real thing? qwyjibo's lore doesn't seem to be ingame, so all i know about him is that he a colossal flaming monkey​​

What's really wacky is that so many players fighting Qwijybo and Teleiosaurus have never done the Monster Island Crisis, or many Monster Island missions at all. They have no sense of the backstory. It's a shame (a little shame).

On the other hand, for folks that level up through Alerts (meaning that they don't generally prefer missions already), there isn't any incentive to doing a the crisis.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

What's really wacky is that so many players fighting Qwijybo and Teleiosaurus have never done the Monster Island Crisis, or many Monster Island missions at all. They have no sense of the backstory. It's a shame (a little shame).

On the other hand, for folks that level up through Alerts (meaning that they don't generally prefer missions already), there isn't any incentive to doing a the crisis.
    Problem with all mmos. People find the most simple route to max level and gear and never pay attention to the game world around them.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    Yeah, I personally hate Xp alerts. too boring. I got Tsin'xing to 40 without them and I STILL only did a fraction of the game story.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,571 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    XP alerts are fast, convenient and most importantly, CONSISTENT; when you're leveling your 12th character, you don't want to be running all over creation just for one mission whose payout is less than 1/10 of what a grab pays at your current level

i played through most of the story on my first character, and i'll eventually get around to finishing the rest of it if cryptic stops chainganging one event after another like they do in NWO and STO...that's enough for me

and i DO explore on occasion, and even find interesting things...like that bear in the park near PSI HQ in millennium city​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

XP alerts are fast, convenient and most importantly, CONSISTENT; when you're leveling your 12th character, you don't want to be running all over creation just for one mission whose payout is less than 1/10 of what a grab pays at your current level

i played through most of the story on my first character, and i'll eventually get around to finishing the rest of it if cryptic stops chainganging one event after another like they do in NWO and STO...that's enough for me

and i DO explore on occasion, and even find interesting things...like that bear in the park near PSI HQ in millennium city​​

Oh dont get me wrong I am all for people playing games they way they want to play but there is greater satisfaction to be had leveling via the old way.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • 68735828.jpg​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    It's FUN to explore the desert! And the other places... Did you know there's an open mission against a ghost executioner in the desert? I didn't until rather recently.... then I ended up soloing the boss....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • i knew about him when i did the burnside arc - and i soloed him too; pyromancy is awesome​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2016

What difference would that make?

At 1900 when the event starts if no one was around then the exact same thing would happen.

People would have to wait for others to show up, people would have to try and organize things (because no matter how many times someone says "DPS needs to hold off" some DPSer is rushing in with guns blazing), and people will complain about how long it is taking.

I have said "I'm going to go back to MC and let people know" and some clown responded with "why didn't you do that 10 minutes ago?".

If you aren't organizing it yourself you don't have a right to complain about why it isn't getting organized.

And if it was a timed event, where if it wasn't done within 20 minutes then it would just be a fail? How does that help?

Now you show up on time, not enough people are there, and you get mad because not only did you "waste" time going to the event location, but now you will have to wait an hour or two or whatever for the particular event to start again later.

Lastly, you need more equipment slots. Like two trinkets, two rings, and two earrings or something. 6 total just doesn't cut it, even counting devices. More is better. And better is good.

A ) As mentioned, where you finish on the list has no bearing on your rewards.
    You have to achieve a minimum rating in order to qualify for a reward, but the special rewards are random. I got a costume piece, an action figure, a secondary, etc., and all while usually finishing somewhere between 11-20 on the scoreboard.

There have been times I have finished top 10, and even finishing at the top once, and all I got was the basic event reward for those times.

B ) If they give us more gear they will just buff the opposition in response.

If the three tertiary gear slots resulted in a ~+10% overall perfomance boost at the top end then the enemies would get a ~10% buff to re-equalize things.

Now I am not saying that it will never happen, but this is maybe a "be careful what you wish for" scenario as the best gear might be hiding behind pay walls.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    nepht said:

Problem with all mmos. People find the most simple route to max level and gear and never pay attention to the game world around them.

nepht said:

Oh dont get me wrong I am all for people playing games they way they want to play but there is greater satisfaction to be had leveling via the old way.

As someone who leveled up many characters "the old way", I can assure you that Nepht is dumb, the story is dumb, the missions are dumb, and you're not missing out on anything by just doing alerts while you level.

Unless you like content that has you running around one-shotting things repeatedly, then mission-based leveling is totally your cup of tea ( and yes, there are in fact people who like that sort of thing ).
    I have to say that nothing makes me feel like a superhero more than ripping thugs apart like I'm Superman. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • unclejoey777unclejoey777 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just for clarification on my comments - If the cosmic monsters had start times the encounter would have to be changed around to accommodate this. I have given up waiting and now come once it has been started. I hate waiting. Being in the infantry ruined me with this. Hurry up and wait...hurry up and wait. I pay money to play this game and do something. Not wait. At least in the infantry you get a paycheck instead of paying to wait.

Secondly, dps in significantly easier than tanking and healing (unless you are a life drain healer). I really don't understand the whole tanking = 90% blocking and squeezing in a quick fast animation ability in the super small window you get to do that. Blocking 90% of the time is as about as much fun as waiting. And, of course, healing can be crazy with triaging, etc.

Even though toping the charts may give no physical rewards, people try to top them for status or bragging rights or something. You see this when people do not switch to the hearts on the ape, or do not stop dpsing when they should on the dino or kiga. Or not blocking when below 50% health on kiga. Or not managing agro and messing it up for everyone. In general, making it harder for everyone by encouraging them to do the wrong thing for the wrong reasons rather than win faster and with more ease.

And then I see off tanks and healers complain about not receiving rewards. I off-tanked in kiga and was trying to do more damage than I should and take more damage than I should to make sure I and my healer got a reward. Why are the key positions being punished and bad playing being necessary to get a reward?

This is my idea I think is a great idea -
    1) Make the raid group have a leader slot and give the leader who starts, recruits, sets-up, etc, get 10 stars as a reward for all the coordination and management.

2) Give tanks and tank healers 10 stars by giving much higher weight to damage mitigated and total healing on three or less characters (dps healers, like life drain healers, or just aoe healers topping off dps isn't really that tough and 7 gcr is a good reward for them in my opinion and from my experience).

3) Subtract non-mitigated damage from the damage score of everyone. Give like 100X damage score hits against ice tombs, and 1000x for hits against hearts, and some reward for non-damage ccs to hearts.

Now there are incentives to tank and tank heal as well as a reward for coordinating the cosmics.

But, I stand by set times to start. Waiting is the worst. Whoever invented waiting should be shot.

Lastly, I know more gear slots would just result in a buff to mobs, but it also gives us more choices and hopefully more set pieces. For me, character building is the main draw of this game and as of right now there are only two options for end game gearing - justice or gcr gear. Offense or defense. There needs to be more sets and more slots, and different content for the pieces. Like the BIS earring is pvp reward only so people will pvp again. The BIS trinket is gotten by some currency you get for running instances besides TA or other cosmic instances that may be added.

Really lastly - for the love of all that is holy please let me skip the cut scenes I am forced to watch every day for the cybermind dailies or the chained instance things (adventure packs I think they are called). Forcing people to watch the same cut scenes over and over and over is far worse torture than waterboarding. Stop this please, for the children.

I have to say that nothing makes me feel like a superhero more than ripping thugs apart like I'm Superman. :p

And for me I feel most like a super hero when I'm defeating super powered threats that the mundane police force couldn't handle owo/
    edited June 2016
    Enh, those too. Either way, most of the alerts have the random mooks with the "tough" tag added.... they're wannabe villain scrubs.... why are the ones in the alert twice as strong/tough? doesn't make much sense in-universe.... it's probably there just to make it harder to one-man steam roll them all.

Did I mention that I don't like alerts in general? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    unclejoey777, those are some pretty bad suggestion, some in which will backfire horribly. If you're worrying about the turnout, we had a bunch of players coming into to cosmic today in the post-Nightmare event.
    qawsada said:

unclejoey777, those are some pretty bad suggestion, some in which will backfire horribly. If you're worrying about the turnout, we had a bunch of players coming into to cosmic today in the post-Nightmare event.

I didn't understand his suggestions at all. Care to explain?

From what I could follow, he started complaining about waiting times and tank and healer's score beind dependant on purposedly playing badly, and DPS wanting to top the charts, and in order to counter this problem just give 10 stars to all tanks and healers and 10 more stars to whoever forms the raid...

I seem to have missed a leap of logic somewhere. Are stars that valuable? I have 112 unused ones on Kaiser.

And apparently I'm tanking wrong cause I don't block 90% of the time.
    Basically. Anyone would steal that leader slot if they want to get more bonus stars. FF would just switch from their Brawler/DPS to Tank to get those bonus stars. He doesn't seem to understand how a tank work in those cosmic fight if a tank is blocking 90% of the time. More gear slots would just screw up the gear department and that is the last thing we need right now. The last one is not even a cosmic request.

Enh, those too. Either way, most of the alerts have the random mooks with the "tough" tag added.... they're wannabe villain scrubs.... why are the ones in the alert twice as strong/tough? doesn't make much sense in-universe.... it's probably there just to make it harder to one-man steam roll them all.

They are the tryhard members of their respective organizations.