Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    logang19 wrote: »
    Ooc: wows it’s so quite.

OOC: Sorry, we're having a heatwave over here, just to cement the impression we're descending into hell. So yeah, haven't been feeling great the last couple of days.
    westx211 wrote: »
    ryan218 wrote: »
    War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

Atlas: I believe I may have an answer for that.

He pulls up another display showing UNSC space and a number of odd readings that are picked up.

Atlas: it appears they have been receiving a lot of help lately from Virgo and or the mirror universe.

Sam: Just what we need; another war.

Hargrove: The Alliance threat is negligible in space now, Prime Minister. I can divert the 5th Fleet to assist the Federation.

Sam: Are you sure that's wise?

Hargrove: We can't afford to let the UNSC get a strategic advantage.

Sam: Alright. Do it. And see if Osman can't find out where these UNSC fleets are coming from. We've given the UNSC plenty of chances. Enough is enough.

Hargrove: I don't quite follow, Prime Minister.

Sam: I want that gateway closed. We can't keep fighting hordes of extra-galactic fleets forever - not in our current state. We need to deal with this once and for all.

OoC: I'm sorry... I guess this is the longest I've been gone for a while. Depression has been hitting me hard and I've been kind of coasting.

H Karen: is that like a high chance of a yes?

OOC: Don't worry about it man. I kinda know how that feels the last few weeks. Take care of yourself.

Karen: I don't know. It's up to Drake I guess. I don't think he'd say no.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Ooc: it’s all good all. There is never a rush or anything just had me really wondering with how quite everyone was.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    UNSC federation border

Janeway: all ships prepare to drop to impulse and engage enemy ships.

Ensign: all ships report ready sir. We detect UNSC fleet is ready to engage as well. We will be going in hot.

Janeway: understood let’s do this. Commodore Motti your task force will await our signal to engage.

Motti: understood admiral.

The federation and romulan fleet drop out of warp as they move in to engage the UNSC fleet.

Janeway: status of the enemy fleet?

Officer: they are dug in well sir. I’m reading a variety of ships ranging from Virgo to Venator class. They are about ready to activate the fissure in the nebula.

Janeway: then we don’t have much time attack wings love in to engage.

As the ships move in they begin to engage. Once janeway has their full attention he signals Motti to jump in to attack the nebula.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    *Meanwhile, the 5th Fleet arrives over Dalos Alpha Prime to reinforce before deploying. Sam finishes a closed session with Parliament before meeting the Admiralty.*

Sam: Do we have Intel on the main gateway between here and Virgo?
  • Options
    Osman: as a matter of fact yes we do. But I don’t think anyone is going to like it. Atlas display grid alpha 809.

A holo appears

Osman: the main and as far as we can tell only current gateway is in the Arcadia system. The UNSC capital and home of all their military command. The gate way is built around the main star in that system. It is defended by a extremely powerful shield as well as a large defense grid of 850 weapon platforms. There are also 1500 ships stationed in that system at any given time as well as two stations around the star and gateway.

The holo zooms closer showing a more detailed view of the area.

Osman: needless to say this is the UNSC most heavily defended area in the galaxy.
  • Options
    Janeway gets up as sparks fly from a console as the ship is shaken.

Janeway: report

Ensign: shields are down to 13% we have hull breaches on decks 8-12 sections A-G.

Janeway: what’s the status of the attack group at the nebula?

Ensign: they haven’t been able to punch through yet.

Janeway: damn it. Open a channel to the fleet. All ships this is admiral Janeway. Any ship that can make a run at the nebula do so. We have to keep them from finishing that here and now.

The ship shakes again as it is hit.

Janeway: status of UNSC fleet?

Ensign: they are still at 80 percent strength sir.
  • Options
    Osman: as a matter of fact yes we do. But I don’t think anyone is going to like it. Atlas display grid alpha 809.

A holo appears

Osman: the main and as far as we can tell only current gateway is in the Arcadia system. The UNSC capital and home of all their military command. The gate way is built around the main star in that system. It is defended by a extremely powerful shield as well as a large defense grid of 850 weapon platforms. There are also 1500 ships stationed in that system at any given time as well as two stations around the star and gateway.

The holo zooms closer showing a more detailed view of the area.

Osman: needless to say this is the UNSC most heavily defended area in the galaxy.

Hargrove: It'd take the entire Confederation combined to break through that.

Matt: Sam, even with all the will in the world...

Sam: Osman, does the UNSC slipspace drive operate on subspace principles?

Matt: I think I see where you're going with this, and I'm not sure I like it...
  • Options
    Osman: yes the UNSC slipsace drive operates in creating a pocket outside of normal space for them to travel. Hence why it is harder to track their ships while in ftl speeds.
  • Options
    Osman: yes the UNSC slipsace drive operates in creating a pocket outside of normal space for them to travel. Hence why it is harder to track their ships while in ftl speeds.

Sam: So the epsilon warheads should disable their slipspace drives?

Matt: Sam, you sure about this?

Sam: We can't let this continue Matt. Arcadia will survive with contact with Virgo, but the UNSC threat will be contained in that system.
  • Options
    Osman: in theory yes.
  • Options
    Border

Janeway: please tell me that they can’t open a rift now

Ensign: we managed to destroy one of the probes they need. For now they can’t.

Janeway: good all ships fall back to the starbase. We did what we came to do now let’s get the hell out of here.

Once they arrive back

Janeway: how bad was that?

Motti: only 27 ships made it back sir.

Janeway puts his down in defeat.

Janeway: get repairs started as soon as we can. We don’t know if the UNSC will sit and wait or attack now. So we need to be ready.

Motti: yes admiral.

Once alone janeway slams his fist on his desk. Frustrated he gets up.

Janeway: coffee black.

He takes the mug taking a drink as he looks back at the star chart again.

Janeway: computer estimated time till the UNSC can open rift given battle outcome.

Computer: estimated time 2 days and 8 hours.

Janeway: that big of a loss for such a small victory.

He taps a few controls on his console knowing he will soon need to speak with the rest of starfleet to come up with a new strategy.
  • Options
    Osman: in theory yes.

Hargrove: We can jump the fleet in, stay just long enough to Bastion Contingency the system, then jump out before the warheads detonate.

Matt: Sam, have you consulted the Senate about this?

Sam: Yes. I'm sorry Matt. I know you hate those things.

I won't ask you to do this.

*Matt sighs.*

Matt: It's my command. I won't ask anyone else to take responsibility.

I'll have Athena draw up a deployment pattern. We'll drop warheads surrounding the system, then bug out before they detonate. The combined power of the rifts should destroy subspace around the system. They'll be trapped.

*6 Hours later, the UNSC positions in the Arcadia system detect a number of Republic Battlegroups surrounding the system.

R.S.S. Enterprise, CIC.*

Athena: All task groups are in position Admiral. Beginning epsilon weapon deployment.

Matt: How long will this take, Athena?

Athena: 1 hour to detonation, sir. But we'll have to protect the weapons long enough to ensure the UNSC don't locate and disarm them.

Matt: Understood. Hail Arcadia.

This is Admiral Matthew Forrester of the Republic of United Star Systems to all vessels and installations in the Arcadia system. In response to the UNSC's illegal military invasion of the United Federation of Planets, this star system is now under a full military blockade. Any ship attempting to enter or leave this system will be siezed, boarded, its crew arrested, and the vessel scuttled. Any armed vessel approaching the cordon will be presumed hostile and destroyed. This is your only warning.

Put that on repeat every ten minutes for the next 50.

Athena: Aye, sir.

Matt: All ships, Action Stations.
  • Options
    Ooc: will post once I get home. Let’s also say this is going to have far more reaching consequences then expected.
  • Options
    Ooc: will post once I get home. Let’s also say this is going to have far more reaching consequences then expected.

OOC: Well, there's definitely going to be fallout from this for Sam. Sealing off their own system to contain the Eblisi was one thing, sealing off the UNSC capital is another.
  • Options
    Ooc: lol yeah sealing off is a word for what I have planned for it. In all honesty this really works. I was wanting to split up the UNSC and faction it off almost like the kazon and this will help to do just that.

New Arcadia

Admiral Parz is looking over the scans of the republic attack force.

Parz: this is fleet admiral Parz to republic fleet. You will leave UNSC space immediately or we will engage your attack fleet. You have 5 min to withdraw or we will engage.

He closes the channel

Officer: sir do you think they will pull out.

Parz: no but I also don’t think they really want to engage our fleet. So let’s see how strong their resolve is. Have battle groups A and G move in to prepare to attack and have long sword fighter groups bravo and gamma prepare to move in with them.
  • Options
    Ooc: lol yeah sealing off is a word for what I have planned for it. In all honesty this really works. I was wanting to split up the UNSC and faction it off almost like the kazon and this will help to do just that.

New Arcadia

Admiral Parz is looking over the scans of the republic attack force.

Parz: this is fleet admiral Parz to republic fleet. You will leave UNSC space immediately or we will engage your attack fleet. You have 5 min to withdraw or we will engage.

He closes the channel

Officer: sir do you think they will pull out.

Parz: no but I also don’t think they really want to engage our fleet. So let’s see how strong their resolve is. Have battle groups A and G move in to prepare to attack and have long sword fighter groups bravo and gamma prepare to move in with them.

Athena: Admiral, they're rallying.

Matt: I was expecting that.

Alright, arm warhead group two. We'll fire one warhead into each group. That should buy us some time.

All task groups, defend your positions. SCV Squadrons, engage.

*SCV Squadrons cloak and begin attacking the UNSC Frigates, knowing the frigates are the only ones capable of bringing their PAC guns to bear on the small craft.*

OOC: I assume the UNSC are still using spinally-mounted PACs?
  • Options
    Ooc: yes they are though they have upgraded their other weapons the PAC is the heaviest weapon they carry.

Parz: cruiser group 2 and 5 move in to cover the fighters. Destroyer group B move in on the republic lines.

Parz looks at the screen a moment.

Parz: ensign call in prowler groups to engage their scv squadrons.
  • Options
    Ooc: yes they are though they have upgraded their other weapons the PAC is the heaviest weapon they carry.

Parz: cruiser group 2 and 5 move in to cover the fighters. Destroyer group B move in on the republic lines.

Parz looks at the screen a moment.

Parz: ensign call in prowler groups to engage their scv squadrons.

*The SCVs continue to make hit-and-run attacks on the frigates, cloaking between runs, as the Republic Task Groups continue preparing the subspace warheads.*

Athena: Detonation in 50 minutes and counting.

*Matt takes a cup of raktajino gratefully from a technician to calm his nerves.*

Matt: We lost an entire fleet with Bastion. And now I'm about to inflict that fate on the UNSC.

Athena: They haven't left us much choice. They've made it clear they don't want peace. We can't let them continue attacking everyone.

Matt: You know, Sam led the coup against Scarloey to stop him doing something pretty close to this.

Athena: That was different.

Matt: Maybe... Sometimes I worry about her. I think this civil war's taking its toll on her.

*Silence.*

Athena: Detonation in 45 minutes and counting.
  • Options
    Parz: report

Ensign: sir their still using hit and run with their ships. They engage then cloak before we get a PAC lock.

Parz: fine then we do it the other way. All ships not assigned to defense move in to engage the republic blockade directly. Also have the prowlers drop their mines that should shake up those republic ships as well.

Ensign: aye sir.
  • Options
    Janeway is in his quarters as as his comm beeps.

Janeway: yes

Officer: sir you have a priority one message from starfleet command sir.

Janeway: send it down here then. I’ll take it in my quarters.

Officer: aye sir.

Janeway gets up walking over to his desk as he types in a security code.

Janeway: Blackwell what can I do for you?

Blackwell: starfleet intelligence has just received a report that the republic has launched an blockade on the Arcadia system. If our report is correct they plan on disrupting UNSC travel there for good.

Janeway: meaning if we stop them at the nebula they would be completely cut off.

Blackwell: agreed. Which is why I’m sending the 19th fleet to your position. They have a ship that has the needed modification to make the nebula unusable to the UNSC. They will reach you in 10 hours.

Janeway: understood. I’ll have what few ships I still have ready to engage then.

Blackwell: if we can succeed and the republic is successful we could save a lot of lives by stopping this before it gets out of hand.

Janeway: let’s hope so. Janeway out.
  • Options
    Parz: report

Ensign: sir their still using hit and run with their ships. They engage then cloak before we get a PAC lock.

Parz: fine then we do it the other way. All ships not assigned to defense move in to engage the republic blockade directly. Also have the prowlers drop their mines that should shake up those republic ships as well.

Ensign: aye sir.

Athena: They're dropping mines. Part of the fleet is moving to engage.

Matt: Have the SCVs start pulling back where the UNSC are deploying mines. Engage Countermeasures against long range attack.

Athena: Understood, Admiral. I'll also try and hack the mines' arming computers to detonate them amongst the enemy force.

*The UNSC sensors start suffering from electronic interference, disrupting targeting locks at long range. The SCVs begin avoiding the minefields, but continue their attacks where the defences are still open.*

Matt: What's the clock at Athena?

Athena: 38 minutes and 54 seconds and counting.
  • Options
    Ensign: sir...

Parz: i see it ensign. Attack wings 1-4 move in to engage the republic blockade. Attack wings 5-8 engage their SCVs and support those ships.

He walks over to a display

Parz: all ships switch to Manuel targeting until we are in range for the sensors to lock on. Also all ships create a feedback pulse so if they try to interfere with your systems they can’t.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

OOC: Sorry, we're having a heatwave over here, just to cement the impression we're descending into hell. So yeah, haven't been feeling great the last couple of days.
    War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

He pulls up another display showing UNSC space and a number of odd readings that are picked up.

Atlas: it appears they have been receiving a lot of help lately from Virgo and or the mirror universe.

Hargrove: The Alliance threat is negligible in space now, Prime Minister. I can divert the 5th Fleet to assist the Federation.

Sam: Alright. Do it. And see if Osman can't find out where these UNSC fleets are coming from. We've given the UNSC plenty of chances. Enough is enough.

Sam: I want that gateway closed. We can't keep fighting hordes of extra-galactic fleets forever - not in our current state. We need to deal with this once and for all.

OoC: I'm sorry... I guess this is the longest I've been gone for a while. Depression has been hitting me hard and I've been kind of coasting.

OOC: Don't worry about it man. I kinda know how that feels the last few weeks. Take care of yourself.

H Karen: So high chance of Yes it is. *She seems almost giddy*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options

War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

H Karen: So high chance of Yes it is. *She seems almost giddy*

Karen: Do you want to do anything?
  • Options
    Ensign: sir...

Parz: i see it ensign. Attack wings 1-4 move in to engage the republic blockade. Attack wings 5-8 engage their SCVs and support those ships.

He walks over to a display

Parz: all ships switch to Manuel targeting until we are in range for the sensors to lock on. Also all ships create a feedback pulse so if they try to interfere with your systems they can’t.

Athena: Four attack wings on approach.

Matt: All groups, prepare to engage.

Time?

Athena: 35 minutes.
  • Options
    Parz is looking over the display field in thought.

Parz: something is strange here.

Officer: sir?

Parz: to send and deploy ships to blockade this system they know they can’t hold this for long. So what are they really trying to do.

He walks to another terminal

Parz: I want all ships to sensor sweep the area find out what they are up to. Also get me ONI let’s see if we can’t tap into their comm signals.
  • Options
    Parz is looking over the display field in thought.

Parz: something is strange here.

Officer: sir?

Parz: to send and deploy ships to blockade this system they know they can’t hold this for long. So what are they really trying to do.

He walks to another terminal

Parz: I want all ships to sensor sweep the area find out what they are up to. Also get me ONI let’s see if we can’t tap into their comm signals.

*As the UNSC ships close in, the Republic Fleet moves into a defensive formation and starts firing torpedo volleys at long range.*

Athena: The R.S.S. Hypera is reporting their 'comm buoy' is in position. Revising detonation time. 25 minutes.
  • Options
    Parz: all ships put auxiliary power to shields and continue to push toward the republic blockade. What’s the status of the 9th attack group?

Ensign: they will arrive in 15 min sir.

Parz: good we will have them engage the republic group as well and we will coordinate a heavy push at that time as well.
  • Options
    Parz: all ships put auxiliary power to shields and continue to push toward the republic blockade. What’s the status of the 9th attack group?

Ensign: they will arrive in 15 min sir.

Parz: good we will have them engage the republic group as well and we will coordinate a heavy push at that time as well.

Matt: When will they intercept?

Athena: 10 minutes. We're intercepting signals suggesting another UNSC Battle Group will arrive in 15. 22 minutes to detonation.

Matt: Can you shorten that?

*Bridge. Commander Benson walks over to the command chair from the science station.*

Benson: Bridge to CIC. Sorry to interrupt Admiral, but Lieutenant M'Rell thinks she has a plan to buy us some time. If the Enterprise, Derby, Challenger, and Halberd all open fold space rifts together, we should be able to open one large subspace rift between us and the UNSC fleet. Should buy us a few minutes while they fly around it, anyway.

*CIC.*

Athena: Actually, that might help me out too. A rift that large will help damage subspace. We can get away with fewer warheads.

Matt: Meaning less setup time? How much less?

Athena: I'll need a minute to calculate.

Matt: Alright, do it.

*The Republic ships start opening a fold space rift between them and the UNSC fleet.*
  • Options
    Parz watch’s the screen as he thinks

Parz: all ships move around the rifts and engage engines to full. Continue to push against them.

Ensign: aye sir relaying orders now