test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AMA - Event Changes and Weekend Store: Tuesday, June 11th, 3-4 PM PT

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Hey folks! I'm going to be joined by Lead Systems Designer Jeremy Randall and Producer Jarrod Fisher here on June 11th from 3-4 PM, PT, to answer any questions you might have about the changes to our event system and the weekend store. We'll see you then!

Comments

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    The thread is open, ask away and we'll see you in thirty minutes!
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    What happens if you have enough old weekend event currency to just get part of a set you want? will you be able to ever get the rest? Also does this mean the weekend events in general get "retired"?
  • Options
    garlicpudding#7898 garlicpudding Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've never collected a single Weekend Event token. When and how will I be able to get my hands on the prolonged engagement set?
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2019
    Would it at all be possible for you to retroactively change some of the older "Character Bound" 14 day unlocks to be Account-Wide Unlocks. Specifically for the item rewards. (Not the Marks/Dil)

• Options
    l3eowulfl3eowulf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Will there be one last "Hurrah" of a weekend event this weekend?

Or perhaps a 5 token buyout package in the Zen Store?
  • Options
    l3eowulf wrote: »

I'd be On Board for either of these. Hell I'd be okay if the 5 Token Buyout was in the Dilithium Store.
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2019
    Can you actually describe the end goal here? All I've seen are enigmatic bits and pieces here and there which is the worst way to go about this. Between release notes and announcements that seem anti-consumer on their face followed by vague comments from the community leader on Reddit saying it will all be ok or that you are looking into ways to stop us from marching on Los Gatos with pitch forks.... You aren't doing yourself any favors.

So weekend events are going away. Ok. Why? What do you plan to do in their place? If I create a new alt (only a new expansion/recruitment event will force that at this point...), how do I gain access to the items that were in the weekend event store? How do you plan to make it so I care about my alts anymore than I barely do as it is....?
    Post edited by phantomeight on
  • Options
    numbers1986numbers1986 Member Posts: 1 New User
    any chance of making the game actually run at a decent framerate when in a space task force operation or any chance of getting rid of ship effects associated with activations of abbilities as from week to week they seem to brake and even when they do work they ruin the asthetic of space combat i dont like seeing a huge b or a above my ship
  • Options
    All right, folks, we're getting started here! I'm joined by Producer Jarrod Fisher, and Lead Systems Designer Jeremy Randall, and I'll be typing up their responses for you.

The AC is currently being serviced in this conference room, and it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside. We may die.
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    What happens if you have enough old weekend event currency to just get part of a set you want? will you be able to ever get the rest? Also does this mean the weekend events in general get "retired"?

Kael: As mentioned in the blog, weekend events will be retired from this moment on. The items that were previously in the weekend event store are becoming part of the Phoenix Box, we're working on determining whether they'll be character or account unlocks.
  • Options
    Can you actually describe the end goal here? All I've seen are enigmatic bits and pieces here and there which is the worst way to go about this. Between release notes and announcements that seem anti-consumer on their face followed by vague comments from the community leader on Reddit saying it will all be ok or that you are looking into ways to stop us from marching on Los Gatos with pitch forks.... You aren't doing yourself any favors.

So weekend events are going away. Ok. Why? What do you plan to do in their place? If I create a new alt (only a new expansion/recruitment event will force that at this point...), how do I gain access to the items that were in the weekend event store? How do you plan to make it so I care about my alts anymore than I barely do as it is....?

Jarrod: We're heading towards a streamlined way of engaging with events in STO. It's a longer process, and the changes we recently made to events are the next step. We made the changes to the Event Reputation UI and the Weekend Store the way we did because we wanted to make sure you guys got the most rewards possible for the work you put in.

Jeremy: We're also losing a lot of older, bloat-y data that might make the game run slower, as we move towards a better system.

Kael: When we say 'better,' and 'more streamlined,' what we mean is that the old system, where you completed an event, and got a token, and went to the reputation window, and slotted a project, that all was a LOT. We're looking towards a way to simply participate in events and get rewards without the extra hassle.
  • Options

Jarrod: No - this was designed so that people who had already participated in the events but not spent their tokens could get rewards.
  • Options
    primar13 wrote: »
    Would it at all be possible for you to retroactively change some of the older "Character Bound" 14 day unlocks to be Account-Wide Unlocks. Specifically for the item rewards. (Not the Marks/Dil)

Jeremy: The technical answer is yes, it's totally possible. The bigger question is whether or not it's good for other parts of the game, like the Phoenix Prize Pack, which serve a specific economic purpose. Moving more things to account-wide unlock is an ongoing discussion. Whether or not we execute on those discussions, it's something we're interested in exploring.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I mean apart from the rewards itself - Sompek for example was fun. Are we going to see Sompek as part of another event?
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I thought this was going to be Twitch streamed? Or is the AC still delaying things? No one die lol.
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be Twitch streamed? Or is the AC still delaying things? No one die lol.

Have a feeling they didn't want to add a personal heater (PC) to an already toasty room. :lol:
  • Options
    I mean apart from the rewards itself - Sompek for example was fun. Are we going to see Sompek as part of another event?

Kael: Nah, this is an AMA. We're just doing it here and on Reddit. :)

Jarrod: We are working on making changes to the Arena of Sompek based on player feedback to bring it back at some point in the future.

• Options
    mjolldirmjolldir Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    What about the players that got the weekend event store gear? will they still be able to claim it on the whole acc, even on new toons ,or they will have to buy it later from the phoenix store
    IMG_260543.jpg
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter

On top of this, I am really sad to see weekend events go. You guys didn't catch the edit in my comment, but I made mention that the weekend events were "just enough", the perfect temperature porridge... I like Sompek for a few days, however I would like to NOT play it 14 times.

Should we expect a new way to play these? For example, "Sompek is back! You have a week to play it three times and a new shiny appears in your inventory!

• Options
    primar13 wrote: »

Have a feeling they didn't want to add a personal heater (PC) to an already toasty room. :lol:

That's understandable. It probably limits the interactions too, but it is tougher in the communication.
  • Options
    mjolldir wrote: »
    What about the players that got the weekend event store gear? will they still be able to claim it on the whole acc, even on new toons ,or they will have to buy it later from the phoenix store

Kael: You'll be able to reclaim items from the Weekend Event Store. They may eventually move to a different store, but you'll be able to reclaim them.
  • Options
    Kael, sorry if I missed it, but is this last hurrah close-out Weekend Event Store going out of business sale beginning this Thursday through Monday? Also, is there a list anywhere of which items will be available for teh 1 token each? Thanks.
  • Options
    l3eowulfl3eowulf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Will the Arena of Sompek and/or Kobayashi Maru TFOs themselves, separate from the weekend events and rewards, ever return?
    Perhaps in a manner similar to Red Alerts?

Seperate and unrelated question: Will an upcoming Featured TFO possibly have a Ground Shield as its reward?
    (Personal want there)
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    there so much stuff im actually missing from weekend events like the shield from sompack , i would love to get it for example what about events from the first weekend event are we getting those back also?
  • Options
    Kael, sorry if I missed it, but is this last hurrah close-out Weekend Event Store going out of business sale beginning this Thursday through Monday? Also, is there a list anywhere of which items will be available for teh 1 token each? Thanks.

Kael: The Discounts begin on June 13th on PC and August 9th on Console, and run until August 1st on PC and September 10th on Console.
  • Options
    Will the Arena of Sompek and/or Kobayashi Maru TFOs themselves, separate from the weekend events and rewards, ever return?
    Perhaps in a manner similar to Red Alerts?

Jarrod: We are working on making changes to the Arena of Sompek and Kobayashi Maru based on player feedback to bring it back at some point in the future.

• Options
    lordakura wrote: »
    there so much stuff im actually missing from weekend events like the shield from sompack , i would love to get it for example what about events from the first weekend event are we getting those back also?

Jeremy: Existing rewards will not be attached to newer runs of events. Once they're removed from the Weekend Store, the only way to obtain the old prizes, except for reclaiming them on accounts who have already earned them, will be the Phoenix Prize Pack.
  • Options
    Since the weekend events is going away, will the featured TFO events in the future also have sets?
    IMG_260543.jpg
  • Options

Kael: The Discounts begin on June 13th on PC and August 9th on Console, and run until August 1st on PC and September 10th on Console.

Thanks, that will offer lots of time, June 13th - August 1st, imo. I'll have to go back in-game & just look at the store & window-shop.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mjolldir wrote: »
    Since the weekend events is going away, will the featured TFO events in the future also have sets?

Jeremy: Entirely possible, and an idea that I'd like to explore. But a single event is not likely to have more than one reward, if we continue using the existing appointment structure
  • Options
    since the topic is also about the changes about the event system, in the future i am guessing the featured event will be the only one we will get apart from summer-winter, and the featured tokens will be the only currency,right? will all the events be 3 weeks long or shorter 10 days, 1 week or even 3 days are possible versions of it coming?
    IMG_260543.jpg
This discussion has been closed.