test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Sub Broken

mefit1mefit1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
(Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR) , but I just paid 20mins ago for the lifetime sub and I am not getting anything promised from it ..........

(Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
We are the Borg , Resistance is Futile , be assimilated, thinking differently is forbidden !
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Did you by any chance use Paypal?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    What about the T5 and T6 Chimera / Mantichore? Go to the ship vendor (not C-Store) and cCheck using a Federation captain.

There should also be a console across from Admiral Quinn on ESD that gives you fireworks and an environmental suit.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    there is a level req and a mission req. you have to be a certain level and at a certain part of the game for the perks to all kick in. I forget the level but you do need to get past the tutorial.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    mefit1 wrote: »
    I have now logged in and out 4 times , turned off my Xbox and back on , not one thing is popping up

Have you tried putting a ticket in to support?

If not, here you go.

https://support.arcgames.com/
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    oh easy way to check to see if it is active is to go create a new toon.... see if lib borg or talaxian are available as race.
  • Options
    /shrug don't know... well your on console so... are you sure you bought a lifetime sub? I'm on pc so not sure about console but can you buy it with zen? on PC it is cash only. maybe it'll take a day to process or under review for security/fraud? /shrug is it on sale right now on console?
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Could you get me your account info? Your gamertag, and any relevant character names.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    We're trying to help you dude. It may take a bit of time for them to pin down the problem and get it fixed depending on the severity of the potential break, but you WILL get the stuff you paid for. I got smacked with that "purchase still running" bug once or twice before the fix, but I was eventually able to get stuff going. Since our own Ambassador Kael has responded and asked for your info I can assure that they're doing their part on the back end to get your stuff to you. He wouldn't ask for your info if nothing was going to happen, that's not how any of us mods or anyone from Cryptic do things. You will get your purchase.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

I don’t know a single game that it takes three or 4 days to receive ingame items purchased digitally .
    With said game listing them as purchased .

Can you tell me one ?

Just about any Chinese or foreign made game that uses overseas banks. That can take a few days for the payment to clear.

Could you get me your account info? Your gamertag, and any relevant character names.

Direct Message @ambassadorkael#6946 with the requested information. While unfortunate, this is a bug in the system. As some have said they've been hit by it. This is actually the second thread I've seen about it this week. The other one was about the Gamma Pack having the same problem. So you are not alone here, and support will work to fix the problem.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    First time you replied to me , the things I stated were in general with mainly one mod and one player who seems to spend his game time (nothing wrong with that) in the forums .

The administer replied and relieved me .
    I have reported previous bugs met with “Get over it” with the player who post to everything to a Mod who just closes the forum .
    So when this happened , I am really freaked out .

I honestly love STO and I am a Star Trek Fan (not Trekkie tho)

Thanks for your reply

Although us mods do think similarly at times, we're all different folks, unless there's some kind of reality warp going on I don't know about. In which case I would ask who made a deal with Q. Joking aside I think a couple things need to be stated.

In regards to reporting bugs and posting on the forum, if a moderator edits your post or does something to it, there is a reason for it. We don't edit posts, close posts, or what have you without a reason for it.

In regards to bug posting, we don't permit bug reports in General Discussion as those bug reports would quickly get lost in the day to day banters and discussions that happen in the GenDisc category. It would also prevent the devs from seeing such a report and getting it fixed faster than it otherwise could have been. This is why we have separate parts of the forum specifically for bugs, broken down by platform and so on. If you have bugs then absolutely post them. I also pull double duty as a Bug Hunter that helps the devs hunt down bugs and reports them for fixing. I highly encourage folks to post a bug report, but there are proper ways and places to post them that we must insist be adhered to.

If a post is closed then it's because either it's in the wrong place, a duplicate thread already exists, other rules were broken in the thread, or something along those lines. Action is not taken unless there is a reason for it.

Now with all of that said, we will continue to help you as along as you need it. All we ask is that you give proper time to fix it properly for you, and things be kept civil.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    To the OP: You were right to post about your problem; but freaking out doesn't help. Your issue is being fixed. The CM is working on it. Just have a little patience and stop freaking out.

To everyone else: the LTS is admittedly an expensive purchase. Unless you have had this same bug you can't say how you would react, so cut the OP a little slack.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @mefit1 said:
    > > (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    > >
    > > I don’t know a single game that it takes three or 4 days to receive ingame items purchased digitally .
    > > With said game listing them as purchased .
    > >
    > > Can you tell me one ?
    >
    > Just purchasing Zen through the Steam store can cause it to take up to a week to clear and make the zen available, and this has been known for years here in STO.
    >
    > I have been playing on Xbox Live for as long as it has existed, and I've been in STO on PC since F2P launch which was before the first anniversary. I have seen these issues before, many times. I have personally experienced this issue myself as well, just buying DLC for Elder Scrolls 4, Assassin's Creed 2, and GTA 4.
    >
    > When you buy Microsoft Points your bank (company 1) sends the money to Microsoft (company 2), as your bank will tell you this transaction will be on the books but not final for up to 2 days, so you then take those Microsoft Points and use them to buy Zen, but PWE (company 3) and Cryptic (company 4) can see the transaction with your bank is not final, which triggers a fraud prevention system to keep you from spending the zen and cancelling the purchase through your bank.

IT
    SAYS
    PURCHASED
    ON
    THE
    ZEN
    STORE

I am 39 years old .
    I have played multiple Crypic MMOs
    Champions Online , STO , Neverwinter

Never had I bought currency and it took 3-4 days or even minutes to hours .

I have played UO , Lineage 2 , FF11 , Aion , Champions Online , STO , SWTOR , WOW , FFXIV , Blade &Souls , Archage , Black Desert ...... and a few others

Never a issue when it comes to money to currency or buying from ingame stores

And that is why it's called a bug. It's not a common thing here. To my knowledge, the few cases I've seen cropping up here about it, have only been happening for the past month. SO even to the dev team it a new bug. One that takes the highest priority. I've been playing STO since it went free to play back in 2012. In the six years that I have been here, this is the first instance ever of this kind of thing happening.

So take a moment, relax, and realize, they will work to sort this out. Even with the fix they released, it's still not going to fix it for all, there still will be residual problems. Remember, they only have 2 ways to fix this. Get you the product you paid for, or refund your money.

While I understand you frustration over this. Something I have run into with Archeage and Blade and Soul, mainly on getting them the verify my purchase. Then there's Revelation Online, where they completely locked down the cash shop for a time, and prime currency there is still account bound, you can't sell it like you're suppose to be able to. Ranting at those that are trying to point you in the direction of getting it isn't going to help much.

And yes, I know someone that got hit by a problem like this. A new player I brought to the game in December. She went to make a purchase last month, she was level 45 and around the Cardassian arc in the story, clearly well past the tutorial. The system told her "You must complete the tutorial first." My friends and I that she talked to all said the same thing, "put a ticket in to support, explain what the problem is, and follow the steps they ask you to do. Then be patient, it may take them a few days to get it all sorted out." Add to this @ambassadorkael#6946, our community manage, i.e. support personnel, saw your problem and stepped in to offer help. So not only is support on your side, but so are the other players here.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    And? I am 42 years old, I have been playing video games for as long as they have existed, I have played every game you list, and I have seen these issues before, as have millions of others. The issues with Steam are so well known that people on these forums will often advise others to never buy zen through Steam. My brother, a Game Stop district manager, advises people to purchase online currencies such as Zen via physical code cards to avoid this very issue, and has done so for years.

I just go to the games website and purchase if I can. For STO, I'll go through Arc. I've never actually used Steam for anything other than a game launcher. Also, because of the thing I mentioned with Revelation Online there, who found out people can use fake, or "illegal" currency to buy their prime currency, is prime reason to never use Steam for anything more than a game launcher.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's the weekend, you might have to be wait until Monday.

You will get your subscription. Be calm, be patient.
This discussion has been closed.