test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vaadwaur Juggernaut Leads an R&D Promotion!

Comments

• Options
    yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Okay, I've got to ask:
    Do you get a shot at the T6 ship with each R&D pack or do you only get one per 4-pack bundle?

Thank you
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Each Promo R&D pack gives you a shot. But the chances are minimal. Better sell packs on the Exchange to get EC and buy the ship you want from the Exchange.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Each Promo R&D pack gives you a shot. But the chances are minimal. Better sell packs on the Exchange to get EC and buy the ship you want from the Exchange.

That's why I am asking.

I ran a simple "EC per Zen" calculation and if you get 1 promo pack per 4xR&D pack, the EC/Zen is about the same as with master keys. But if each of them gets you a chance, the EC/Zen is MUCH greater.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Isn't that only if you've sacrificed enough virgins, goats or other accepted objects to whatever deity decides to spit the ship out.

The R&D box on its own has very little value since you'll likely be sitting on a mountain of materials thanks to salvaging and the regular gambleboxes spit out catalysts as one of their padding items. Even less value when you take a moment to look at how much wasted potential the R&D timesink has.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    Looks neato......but, sadly......

.......................the scalpers are licking their lips in anticipation for yet another 1.5 billion EC item. :#

Let the extortionist pricing begin....... :(
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

.......................the scalpers are licking their lips in anticipation for yet another 1.5 billion EC item. :#

Not gonna work on me. I still have around ten unopened promo ship packs from previous promotions. No need to buy, and if I sell, it will be at a lower cost.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    the old Vaadwaur consoles can not be slotted on this ship !!!
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Finally a T6 Connie, D7 and Warbird... That's the good news...

You know I'd pay cash just to buy the ship I want. I bought the expansions that came with ships with real $ for that reason.
    Otherwise it's zen farming...which would the devs rather get? Oh wait I know the answer to this one...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Now you know why they had no resources to create Romulan or Jem'Hadar Ships for the last few Klingon/Fed C-Store releases.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »

If so, then that's a bug. The Astika's console has already been updated to have an entire set of bonuses that get used when slotted on the juggernaut.

It IS a bit lazy that the new vaadwaur ship's console doesn't extend the set bonus... or participate in it. The last two promo ship additions had consoles that either added to a console set, or were added to when more ships came out (Tzen-Tar and Vedcrid). This one just adds a stand-alone console to a set of ships that have a 2-piece console set from the other two ships.
  • Options
    I guess they forgot to implement that.

But then, guess we now have ourselves a new class of ship- the Juggernaut.
    But that also means that at some point in the future, there will be more Juggernaut-class ships.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

The trait looks pretty nice but it's more like a luxury trait. I'm think APD Prime type of luxury. Would be nice to have but ultimately not cost effective. Admittedly I do have APD Prime on one character but it's obviously not worth getting for every single one.

As usual I decided to sell my winnings today. Another cool 1.2 billion. Scooping up the random 1 billion listing here and there was nice for the 150M - 200M profit per resale. Why do people pay the price of 1.2 billion? Because they have the space cash. And that price is what's what the laws of supply and demand dictate. As the promo goes on, the price will drop as usual.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that no ship actually sells for 1.5 billion. In fact, since around ViL, promo ships were regularly selling for around 900M-975M thanks to a string of closely timed promos which inflated supply. Because of this the laws of supply and demand dictated that there was too much supply and not enough demand relative to the existing price. This pushed prices down from the 1.1B to 1.3B range down to sub 900M prices for a surprisingly long time. Over time as supply dwindled, the price rose back to it's current level. Sellers didn't cause any of this. They were just riding the waves that were dictated by supply and demand.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Agreed.
    STO exchange folllows the laws of supply and demand.

To those who don't understand what that means:
    Let's take this promo ship as an example:

When the supply is high, prices are low. One reason for this is that there is a lot of price competition.
    When supply is low, everyone wants to max profit with the little supply they have available

If demand is high, people will be willing to pay more to get it, which drives the prices up.
    If the demand is low, people simply wouldn't be willing to pay much for it and the price automatically follows suit.

The combination of those effects is what sets the price for any item on the market.

Here is my personal advice:
    Never buy a non-C-store ship when it comes out. Then the demand for it is pretty high and supply is still quite low. And if you are one of the exceptionally lucky people who happen to pull the Jackpot early on:

Sell it.
    Then re-buy it a few months later once the price dropped to sub-billion levels. Then buy something nice with the spare change.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Now you know why they had no resources to create Romulan or Jem'Hadar Ships for the last few Klingon/Fed C-Store releases.

Loathe as I am to defend them, this isn't technically a new ship though. They've simply taken an existing NPC ship model and made it playable.

That is nothing new here.
    First we get to see an NPC version of a ship and at some point later on, we get playable versions of it.
    Though cases like with the Juggernaut where approx. 4 years passed between NPC and playable versions are very rare, it wouldn't have been the first time. Remember the Tholian Tarantula? We had to wait 3 years till we got a playable version of it.

• Options
    Well, I got my Juggie last night.

Here's how she looks with the Tzenkethi shield.

boqVjEZ.jpg

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The biggest thing I noticed was that Juggernaut is not just part of the name of the ship, it's a new ship class, this isn't one of the cruiser or carrier classes, it's has it's own star ship mastery package for example, fewer device slots then cruisers and so on.

I will be interesting to see what future Juggernauts bring to the table.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    lordgyor wrote: »
    The biggest thing I noticed was that Juggernaut is not just part of the name of the ship, it's a new ship class, this isn't one of the cruiser or carrier classes, it's has it's own star ship mastery package for example, fewer device slots then cruisers and so on.

"To all Alliance forces, we've discovered several quantum duplicates of the same gigantic derelict ship. Scans indicate a chroniton signature matching the 23rd century and trying to find the original quantum signature indicates a the Mirror Universe origin. Ship label has been damaged from space hazards, only leaving the letters C...AR..N. Whatever caused this displacement has left the ship so damaged and missing so many pieces of hull it'd be considered destroyed in its original universe. Also, one captain's tardigrade companion has been acting weirdly around it. Further analyses are still in progress."
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lordgyor wrote: »

"To all Alliance forces, we've discovered several quantum duplicates of the same gigantic derelict ship. Scans indicate a chroniton signature matching the 23rd century and trying to find the original quantum signature indicates a the Mirror Universe origin. Ship label has been damaged from space hazards, only leaving the letters C...AR..N. Whatever caused this displacement has left the ship so damaged and missing so many pieces of hull it'd be considered destroyed in its original universe. Also, one captain's tardigrade companion has been acting weirdly around it. Further analyses are still in progress."

Huh... Now that Georgiou's not on board, it took the HO out of CHARON...

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...it has OP stats with good hull, shield and 5/3 weapons. OP console layout. OP Boff layout. Get the MW special abilities. That traits sounds like it's gonna be OP as all hell. As does the console. Yeah...selling power here we come. And they were so good about not being so blatant about it...but at least you really don't need any of it still.

People love to declare everything to be OP... yet you rarely see all these supposedly OP ships being used even if they're readily available. Everything looks strong on paper, but in practice it'll be more of the same.

The Maquis Raider lobi ship has the same potential to field 6 tac consoles, has +15 weapon power, maneuvers like a dream, gets raider flanking bonuses, and has a monster console that will actually find use on your science ships. See how many you see in the next week of play.

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    I find it hard to want to use many special abilities when they are tied to a commander tactical station.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If so, then that's a bug. The Astika's console has already been updated to have an entire set of bonuses that get used when slotted on the juggernaut.

It IS a bit lazy that the new vaadwaur ship's console doesn't extend the set bonus... or participate in it. The last two promo ship additions had consoles that either added to a console set, or were added to when more ships came out (Tzen-Tar and Vedcrid). This one just adds a stand-alone console to a set of ships that have a 2-piece console set from the other two ships.
    Jette talked about this in the live stream. Most ships would never be able to complete the set, so she decided it'd be better to just leave them separate.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    After getting incredibly lucky and acquiring this monster, I can also confirm it IS really considered a Miracle Worker ship to the end with a Cyclical Quantum Slipstream Drive and its 90s duration (which works) for 30s of cooldown (which still doesn't work properly).

And a little comparison:
    20181205232147_1.jpg?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    Jette talked about this in the live stream. Most ships would never be able to complete the set, so she decided it'd be better to just leave them separate.

Because... it's one promo ship, a lockbox ship, and a lobi ship? I suppose that's entirely unlike the Tzenkethi and Hurq sets in which one is a promo ship, one is a lockbox ship, and one is a lobi ship... right? In fact, those are the LAST TWO promo ships, and in each case the console they came with extended, or was extended, to have a 3-piece set bonus with the other ships.

The Astika console was extended to apply specific bonuses to the Juggernaut when slotted... and while it is Vaadwaur only, the Tzen-Tar console was Tzenkethi only, too, so its not about the consoles not being universal, either.

So, I renew my assertion that it's just laziness.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    A) I think I never saw the episodes the Vaadwaur appeared in.
    B) a long while back, I asked in gen chat about the Vaadwaur, and someone said they were another Vulcan-offshoot species. Having recently read the Memory Alpha & Beta wiki pages for the Vaadwaur, there is no mention of Vulcans in either. So is this totally off? Or a one-off thing in some obscure source?
    C) Fascinating ship. So "Juggernaut" ships are what, Tac Cruisers? Dreadnought Raiders? While it isn't on my 'must have' list or wishlist, I would not mind giving one a try.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    So is this totally off? Or a one-off thing in some obscure source?
    That's borderline criminal misleading, because the Vaadwaur have absolutely nothing in common with the Vulcans. :p
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    A) I think I never saw the episodes the Vaadwaur appeared in.

They were in Voyager - a long-dead race of conquerors who had been wiped out by a coalition of all the "inferior" races they had enslaved. Turns out some still lived on in stasis, and Voyager helps them revive their people. Typical!
    B) a long while back, I asked in gen chat about the Vaadwaur, and someone said they were another Vulcan-offshoot species. Having recently read the Memory Alpha & Beta wiki pages for the Vaadwaur, there is no mention of Vulcans in either. So is this totally off? Or a one-off thing in some obscure source?

They're totally unrelated to the vulcans... they look more like Cardassians than anything else... they're from a different quadrant than the vulcans, and their empire died out long before the vulcans made it into space, etc.
    C) Fascinating ship. So "Juggernaut" ships are what, Tac Cruisers? Dreadnought Raiders? While it isn't on my 'must have' list or wishlist, I would not mind giving one a try.

The closest existing ships to Juggernauts seem to be the Siege Destroyers.

• Options

I can confirm that this is NOT true - you can absolutely slot the old Vaadwaur consoles on the Juggernaut.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    B) a long while back, I asked in gen chat about the Vaadwaur, and someone said they were another Vulcan-offshoot species. Having recently read the Memory Alpha & Beta wiki pages for the Vaadwaur, there is no mention of Vulcans in either. .
    They may have thought you were speaking of the Romulans as the Vaadwaur are more reptilian and possible have DNA relative to the Cardies or the Gorn

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    So is this totally off? Or a one-off thing in some obscure source?
    That's borderline criminal misleading, because the Vaadwaur have absolutely nothing in common with the Vulcans. :p

So it would seem.
    Thank you to everyone for your input.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.