Options

International Concern Over Loot Boxes

13»

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ryan218 wrote: »

You can add British National to that 'sucks to be...' List. There have been numerous proposals for Government-issued ID cards, but none have ever even reached Parliament (it evokes collective memory of the ID passes of the Second World War and typical British suspicion of Government). In fact, the only country I know of where the Government issues ID on a national scale for all citizens is Thailand, and I think France has a national ID card, but it's voluntary.
    Well, Germany has an ID, the "Personalausweis", and everyone at a certain age has to have either that or a Passport.

And for the intents or purposes not reall everyone needs an ID - just the ones that could potentially be allowed with access to a gambling system. If you don't have an ID, you don't get to gamble.

EDITGOD..
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

You can add British National to that 'sucks to be...' List. There have been numerous proposals for Government-issued ID cards, but none have ever even reached Parliament (it evokes collective memory of the ID passes of the Second World War and typical British suspicion of Government). In fact, the only country I know of where the Government issues ID on a national scale for all citizens is Thailand, and I think France has a national ID card, but it's voluntary.
    Well, Germany has an ID, the "Personalausweis", and everyone at a certain age has to have either that or a Passport.

And for the intents or purposes not reall everyone needs an ID - just the ones that could potentially be allowed with access to a gambling system. If you don't have an ID, you don't get to gamble.

EDITGOD..

You need ID to drive and to buy booze so why not for other more important things. The only reason why someone would not need an ID is if they stayed off the grid and not be a functional member of society.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

EDITGOD..

You need ID to drive and to buy booze so why not for other more important things. The only reason why someone would not need an ID is if they stayed off the grid and not be a functional member of society.
    How very 1984 of you.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

EDITGOD..

How very 1984 of you.

Somethings you just need ID in today's world. Society needs a way to identify who a person is. Gambling and the consumption of alcohol usually has an age restriction depending on the country and ID is a way to determine someone's age. So if a person wants to interact with modern society, then they need an ID. That is why the burqa is such a controversial topic. It is part of their religion to wear clothing that covers their face, but society needs to determine their identity. It is possible for multiple women wearing burqas to use the same ID. It is only 1984 when the government watches your every action and tries to regulate your behavior.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Ok... this thread's starting to touch on some sensitive subjects, namely politics and religion.

I know I'm no mod, but... maybe a good idea to let it drop now guys. Before things start getting nasty, as we just touched on two things that should never be talked about. The third being... Omi's Head.

hqdefault.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    No to the banning of lockboxes. Adults and children need to take responsibility for one's actions. I vote no. Also, starkaos I am very disturbed by what you just said. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.