What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

1636465666769»

Comments

• Options
    darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Could not find any mention of this yet: 23c century klingon sleeveless top on Joined Trill captain does not have spots on the chest. The other 23c outfits work without problem.

Raised ingame problemticket #4,426,165
    149295919623747500_resized.jpg
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Okay, I have a problem with character creation.

First of all, here's a KDF and Federation Alien character creation screens.

lziftbu.png

Ctgf3Mn.png

Notice how I have maximized the Cranial Slope slider and minimized everything else.

Now, here's what happens when I do the same thing with a Romulan Alien character.

Sg4rfIs.png

Notice how the Romulan Character's Cranial Slope is not as pronounced as the others?

Yeah, that's not all.

Here's the final look I had come up with when it came in as a Federation BOFF. (I was just fooling around with the tailor and came up with it, then decided it needed to be its own character, not a BOFF).

Vk2w1Gl.jpg

And here's the Romulan version where I duplicated the same values as on the Fed.

QWz6tvl.jpg

As you can see, they do not match up at all.

Has anyone else come across this issue? If so, can you provide a screenshot?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I was starting an ISA match when my Science Officer's infoscreen appeared and I momentarily paused to assess what I was seeing, she was having a really bad hair day!

So when the match was over, I went to the nearest tailor to find out what was going on.
    I checked all my BOFFS and found these errors:

It looks like the invisible/transperant texture has malfunctioned and the color of the hair is making it visible.

Also, look at the pips on the second BOFF's uniform, it looks like the bug is affecting them as well.
    Post edited by tilarta on

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    tilarta wrote: »
    I was starting an ISA match when my Science Officer's infoscreen appeared and I momentarily paused to assess what I was seeing, she was having a really bad hair day!

So when the match was over, I went to the nearest tailor to find out what was going on.
    I checked all my BOFFS and found these errors:
    HairTPmismap01_zpskfsxt0lu.png

It looks like the invisible/transperant texture has malfunctioned and the color of the hair is making it visible.

Also, look at the pips on the second BOFF's uniform, it looks like the bug is affecting them as well.

Same issue with my laptop. My guess is it's due to the upgrade forcing older hardware to run higher resolution settings with no way to scale it back to where it was before. If you go to ESD, the big floor seal outside the exchange is doing the same thing.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Character: Tiffany Wolf@dragonsbrethren
    Race: Human
    Faction: Federation

As of Season 13 (or shortly before), the Terran Sierra Open 1, Jupiter Open 1 and Odyssey Sleeveless tops have some clipping under the shoulder blades when walking/running.

Screenshot
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Characters: K'nbek@Warmaker01 and Sate@Warmaker01
    Race: Klingon and Orion, respectively
    Faction: KDF

The "Klingon Fur Sleeves" is blurred and lacking detail. This also affects NPCs with using the same upper uniform item as shown in the 2nd screenshot with my affected Orion standing next to Worf at Qo'nos. The standard version of this upper uniform item with the leather sleeves is fine, as shown in the first screenshot with the Security Officer NPC at DS9. The Security Officer has the regular version but my Klingon has the fur sleeves one with the weird textures.

QPjMKO5.jpg
    aSYJBOF.jpg

XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I am thinking the Competitive Reputation costumes got redesigned based on this:
    The one on the right is the preview image from the announcement.
    The one on the left is the actual ingame costume.

The helmet is definitely different, although I don't mind that, because I prefer it to the original.
    However, what disappoints me is the armor plates on the chest and shoulders are too bulky.
    I wanted the more streamlined look of the original.

Specifically, the Romulan preview image is the only reason I worked on Competitive Reputation at all.
    Given that I didn't get what I was expecting, it was a pointless waste of time and resources.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Well, considering that was concept art, one couldn't really expect that it would come out looking exactly the same.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Mostly what displeased me about this particular costume is the fact I couldn't even preview it on Tribble to make the assessment of it's value.
    There was a bug that persisted until a few days after the live launch that blocked seeing the options at the Tailor.
    So I really didn't know it had been changed and thought it still resembled the concept art image.

At some point, Cryptic must have finalised the costume, so why didn't they update the blog with the finished artwork?
    Or made a new one showing the redesigned costumes.

It just feels like I was tricked, since I couldn't preinspect the costume, I had to do two months of a queue I wanted to avoid on a daily basis in order to unlock the options for actual use on the live server.
    If I'd known the effort was unjustified, I wouldn't have advanced the Reputation at all!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    tilarta wrote: »
    Mostly what displeased me about this particular costume is the fact I couldn't even preview it on Tribble to make the assessment of it's value.
    There was a bug that persisted until a few days after the live launch that blocked seeing the options at the Tailor.
    So I really didn't know it had been changed and thought it still resembled the concept art image.

At some point, Cryptic must have finalised the costume, so why didn't they update the blog with the finished artwork?
    Or made a new one showing the redesigned costumes.

It just feels like I was tricked, since I couldn't preinspect the costume, I had to do two months of a queue I wanted to avoid on a daily basis in order to unlock the options for actual use on the live server.
    If I'd known the effort was unjustified, I wouldn't have advanced the Reputation at all!

Looking at the two images, it looks like the only two differences are the helmet and the underclothing. The armor plating looks just as bulky in both images, but the underclothing texture is different. I will admit that the leg armor is bulkier, but as badmoonrizin said, the preview was concept art, not the finished product. They very well might have had to go bulkier on the armor to prevent clipping issues.

Additionally, I think part of it might be a trick of coloration. Take the one you got, color it similarly to the preview image, and then compare the two. Also, add the cape to yours. I think that might be part of the issue as well, as the cape in the preview image obscures the joint area between the chest plate and the shoulder pads, making it seem more streamlined.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    @themadprofessor#9835
    Sorry, I realise now I should have used a different angle to show the difference of the armor, it isn't very visible when viewed from the front.
    EB4E57FA67348D9D4B07347A212EA995E05EA2B7

The torso armor is too bulky, which is why I do not like it.
    TIOC armor. ;)

• Options
    How is the swimsuit costume option bypass still possible?
    The most recent one I saw caused an extreme double-take, a bikini top and miniskirt in Winter Wonderland! :o:s:#

I'm fairly certain these costumes are supposed to be locked to Risa and the Colony Fleet Holding zones, so that makes any use of these costumes outside of those locations unpermissable.

Direct honesty time, if the zone restriction measures aren't working, then perhaps these costume options should be disabled as costume options, to prevent them being used at all.

• Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    The 23c. Gorn outfit is FINALLY available, but the upper body still uses the 25c. Gorn body parts (where exposed) instead of the 23c. Gorn parts. The rest of the exposed parts (legs, feet, lower torso) all have options for both 23c. and 25c. Gorn.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Kurumi-Morishita took a great screenshot and won one of the contests, so it was turned into a loading screen:

natural_gorn_killers___contest_version_by_kurumi_morishita-dbctk2o.jpg

Let's take that as our starting point for 23rd Century Gorn parts.

The Gorn in the screenshot have three parts that are still missing from the tailor:

-The gauntlets/gloves
    -The belt (leather plain is similar but it's really not the same one. Plus the palette doesn't have that shade of brown)
    -The collar with the same print as the tunic/shorts

Now let's talk about the skin options:

You did add the ability to choose the 23rd century legs and feet with the shorts: Click for picture

But there's no way to select the 23rd century chest and arms with the tunic: Click for screenshot

You CAN choose the 23rd c. as your top, if you go shirtless: Click for cap

But as of now there is no way to choose the 23rd century hands. Maybe they're tied in to the gauntlets?

I tested on both a KDF toon and my diplomatic Gorn boff on a Fed, just in case. Same issues on both sides.

Let me say that we all appreciate finally getting this costume, we'd been waiting eagerly since it was announced. Could you please give it a pass to add the missing parts and options?

Thank you!

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    There's also the 23rd C hand option missing.

In addition (on a related subject) there's still some more missing pieces for the KDF not available.

43812392944_3b0edf0c65_o.png

1. 25th C Gorn chest belt
    2. 23rd C Klingon Commander rank and badge
    3. 23rd C Klingon Lieutenant rank
    4. 23rd C Klingon Captain rank and badge
    5. Basic 25th C baldric and decorated pauldrons for males
    6. Nausicaan leg armour
    7. Nausicaan arm armour
    8. 25th C Long coat
    9. 25th C Drape.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Found this bug just now:
    93870BAD5BE90213C754D15C6E26B7F6007DD69E
    The eye color and skin pattern are connected, I can't change the color of one without affecting the other.
    I was trying for purple eyes and dark grey pattern.

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Just returned from an 18month or so 'sick leave' (the big "C") and noticed that the Klingon left and right armguards when worn by a Female Klingon Aligned Romulan toon STILL haven't been fixed so that they both use the same colour palette, and most STILL only allow a few basic shades of grey ... sigh. My Romulan toons NEED Green and Purple in their colour choices!!!!

I am happy about the new body sliders, and I definetly approve of the reshaping of most of the female Klink footwear.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png