test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    (apologies if this has been mentioned already)

Klingon Academy boots are no longer showing as an option for KDF alien gen characters.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Was messing around in the tailor earlier, I noticed that the shoulder rank on the Kelvin Timeline Admiral's uniform is a solid color (and offers some really unusual rank options like Brigadier General and I think I noticed Bajoran Militia names?). But, there should really be a metallic color link between the cuff ranks and the shoulder pips.

HOeyScy.png

For reference.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Was messing around in the tailor earlier, I noticed that the shoulder rank on the Kelvin Timeline Admiral's uniform is a solid color (and offers some really unusual rank options like Brigadier General and I think I noticed Bajoran Militia names?). But, there should really be a metallic color link between the cuff ranks and the shoulder pips.

HOeyScy.png

For reference.​​

Aye, I don't think much thought was put into the ingame uniform.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    Something that has bugged me since this hair piece was released...the "Close 08" - Tom Paris' hairstyle - has a flaw on the left side of the head where it juts out over the left ear. There's actually a jagged piece that rests on top of the ear, making it look like it obviously was supposed to tuck behind the ear and rest closer to the head. I love that hairstyle as it's one of the few where you can have grey temples, but I can't bring myself to use it because it looks so wonky and deformed.

Any chance we can get a fix for that eventually?
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    There are several flaws with the federation Diplomacy outfit.

Some incorrect colorations, rank pips in the wrong place, and some differences for admirals.

qx6qvq.jpg

Here's some reference images:

e0d10d1f07abcf6f21d2d4bd6237f5bc.jpg
    ace369404f30fbd81d4517f6e9b8c0a41755c77e.jpg
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Some incorrect colorations, rank pips in the wrong place, and some differences for admirals.

qx6qvq.jpg

Ross also has a rank slide on his cuff and the combadge is below the gold stripe on the canon uniform. I believe the last time this was brought up Cryptic's line was that it's not the dress uniform from Nemesis but a new DU in a similar style.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    artan42 wrote: »

qx6qvq.jpg

Ross also has a rank slide on his cuff and the combadge is below the gold stripe on the canon uniform. I believe the last time this was brought up Cryptic's line was that it's not the dress uniform from Nemesis but a new DU in a similar style.​​

Nonetheless, it looks awful with the pips on the chest and the pants really need work.

Another thing I noticed, the TNG series combadge is way too big. Need to scale it down to match the TNG film badge.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Personally, while I was never a big fan of the Sierra and Antares uniforms, the chest pips are a change to the Starfleet uniform that I could really get behind.
  • Options
    I noticed that the drawn back ponytail hair has been changed for Klingon toons to be higher up on the forehead, to allow for the ridges. That's great! But could the old hair be added back in as well? Especially for the TOS "humanoid" head?

Speaking of that humanoid head for Klingons...there's a number of issues with it. For one, the teeth are always showing through the mouth, no matter the settings on the lip fullness slider. Also, there are some holes in the model just below the mouth.

The Klingon eyepatch still clips through the brow of all Klingon head styles as well.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I hadn't really paid much attention to it before, but lately, I started to wonder about certain players "breaking the costume rules".

Sometimes I see costume combinations that aren't allowed, like a Starfleet uniform tunic in an otherwise Romulan set.
    The most frequent bypass is somehow using a Risian swimsuit in Hubs or battle maps, basically anywhere but Risa, which is the only place I thought those options could be used!

Which got me wondering, should it be investigated to find out what the bypass is so it can be removed?
    And reset all the costume designs that used it to a default setting so the unauthorized costume ceases to exist.
    I think they'd have to do this, because I think that costumes made using the bypass will stay in existence until the costume is edited.
    So if it's never edited, it gets to stay.
    Whether or not it is possible to create an search algorithim to do the analysis/code comparison to determine if the costume is being used legimately and reset it if it isn't, I don't know if that could be done.

A minor concern of mine has been the lack of customization of certain reward BOFFs, specifically the Borg Science Officer gained via the optional accolade during KAGE.
    I just don't want to use him, because he can't be edited like all his liberated Borg counterparts.
    Honestly, I can get the liberated Borg Romulan Sci from the lobi store and she'll be a better choice, because she can be customized.

I suppose the same applies to the Reman Boff from the featured series, he should be customizable too, as we now have a Reman template ingame, thanks to the Romulan Republic expansion.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    tilarta wrote: »
    I hadn't really paid much attention to it before, but lately, I started to wonder about certain players "breaking the costume rules".

Sometimes I see costume combinations that aren't allowed, like a Starfleet uniform tunic in an otherwise Romulan set.
    The most frequent bypass is somehow using a Risian swimsuit in Hubs or battle maps, basically anywhere but Risa, which is the only place I thought those options could be used!

Which got me wondering, should it be investigated to find out what the bypass is so it can be removed?
    And reset all the costume designs that used it to a default setting so the unauthorized costume ceases to exist.
    I think they'd have to do this, because I think that costumes made using the bypass will stay in existence until the costume is edited.
    So if it's never edited, it gets to stay.
    Whether or not it is possible to create an search algorithim to do the analysis/code comparison to determine if the costume is being used legimately and reset it if it isn't, I don't know if that could be done.

A minor concern of mine has been the lack of customization of certain reward BOFFs, specifically the Borg Science Officer gained via the optional accolade during KAGE.
    I just don't want to use him, because he can't be edited like all his liberated Borg counterparts.
    Honestly, I can get the liberated Borg Romulan Sci from the lobi store and she'll be a better choice, because she can be customized.

I suppose the same applies to the Reman Boff from the featured series, he should be customizable too, as we now have a Reman template ingame, thanks to the Romulan Republic expansion.

I can't see the reset of costumes as a good idea at all, as I don't think they would be able to limit it to just the ones that "break the rules", so they'd have to do every costume, which would cause a major fuss - not only with programming, but with players who have spent literally hours getting costumes the way that they want them only to have that effort erased because of some few offenders.

Although, I suppose theoretically it could be done, since in the past they have changed items to different categories and that required players to redo some costume options, it has also caused problems and some minor backlash.

I've seen it too, and I agree that it's not very immersive to see folks running around in bikini's on ESD, but I just make myself remember that there were times when officers walked around in odd costumes to and from the holodeck on The Next Generation, and write it off as a similar situation in my own head canon.

The problem is that they weren't thorough enough in closing the loopholes when they released these costumes (understandable, considering how many options we have they can't always find all of the issues beforehand). Players will be players. I think it's just something we're going to have to live with.

I'm in favor of removing some of - if not most - restrictions on costumes, particularly the reputation armors, so that we have more customization options on hand. I know it messes with immersion, but we have to remind ourselves that this is a game, so more options that allow players to play the way they want is an attractive thing and the norm in most MMO's.

Regardless of all of that, I'm totally on board with allowing customization on Boffs that are locked into one look. I don't quite understand the choice to limit their customization, as the ability to customize everything is one of the best features of the game. I'm sure it comes down to the fact that they would have to make sure that all of the costume pieces work with these specific models, but as you said, in the case of the Reman, they're already in the game, so the customization options are available already (however there may be a problem with the factional restrictions on the programming side that we're not aware of).

I too have several of these Boffs taking up space in my Boff list, waiting to be commissioned, because I can't customize them, so what's the point.
  • Options
    The Romulan Tal Shiar Lieutenant Belt clips with the Romulan Tal Shiar Upper. The Hips sliders can make this problem worse, but no combination of adjustments gets rid of the clipping entirely. It doesn't even look like the front of the belt connects.
  • Options
    Pretty much every belt clips with the Elegant Jacket.

There are also a number of belts the clip on the Odyssey Excursion jacket for female toons - but not for males.

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    The Jupiter Boots clip at the calves with just about everything.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I'm wondering, do the Dev's still check this thread, or would it be better to start a new one with a list of all of the current known issues at the top? Just curious if anyone had any thoughts about it.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    @phenomenaut01 Looks like @callevista still looks at. Responded back in July. Even if we don't see a direct response, it's a safe bet the devs are still looking at this one.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    @phenomenaut01 Looks like @callevista still looks at. Responded back in July. Even if we don't see a direct response, it's a safe bet the devs are still looking at this one.

Yeah, I remember Callevista looking in. I'm still wondering if a new and refreshed master list of tailor bugs might not be a good idea. I'm pondering putting one together, but it'd be a huge undertaking and I'm not sure I have the time at the moment.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    They probably have this one bookmarked and see all the new complaints here as they pop up. I wouldn't move anything.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I was messing around with a Klingon female today (get your mind's out of the gutter :P) and it occurred to me that the drawn back ponytail hair would work well for that character model. I know that it's designed and designated for male toons only, but honestly there's more than a few hairstyles that could easily work on both male and female characters. Seeing as how folks are always requesting more hairstyles, I thought I'd throw the suggestion in here.

Also thought I'd mention again that the regular "drawn back ponytail hair" has been missing since it was replaced with the version with the higher forehead and that the old version still works well for the TOS Klingon head, so if possible it'd be nice to see that re-added to the options please. Thanks.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    That's actually a concern of mine as well.
    I have a Klingon liberated Borg and as I don't like dreadlocks, I wanted to give her sleek, smoothed down hair.
    Went through every option there was, nothing like what I wanted.
    Do Klingons even know what combs and hairbrushes are?

So yes, I'd like a revamp that grants more hairstyles, especially if it allows me to create something other then the standard grunge wannabe look.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    tilarta wrote: »
    Do Klingons even know what combs and hairbrushes are?

They are without honor.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    KDF "Boots - Klingon Academy" still haven't been fixed (two months, for those counting) and now the "Bare Chest - 23c Klingon" is clipping horribly around the (for lack of a better term) armpits, while the Romulan "Civilian - Sleeveless" is clipping across the tops of the shoulders.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    KDF "Boots - Klingon Academy" still haven't been fixed (two months, for those counting) and now the "Bare Chest - 23c Klingon" is clipping horribly around the (for lack of a better term) armpits, while the Romulan "Civilian - Sleeveless" is clipping across the tops of the shoulders.

That's nothing, on the alien gen toons, you can't even see the armpits with the Bare Chest - 23c Klingon" shirt, because the arms disappear. :lol:

But yeah, I wish they'd get someone in there to fix some of these long standing issues. I realize they're busy, but it's getting sort of ridiculous.
  • Options
    In terms of making the tailor better, I'd very much a love a "delete" function to completely delete a costume slot so as to create a new one. Would be a great feature for those with bugged/un-editable costume slots.

I'd also love to see an "organize slots" feature so you can move them around and re-order them. I'm a bit OCD with my costumes and tend to put them in certain orders. Would make it a lot easier than editing slot after slot to move costumes around.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    In terms of making the tailor better, I'd very much a love a "delete" function to completely delete a costume slot so as to create a new one. Would be a great feature for those with bugged/un-editable costume slots.

I'd also love to see an "organize slots" feature so you can move them around and re-order them. I'm a bit OCD with my costumes and tend to put them in certain orders. Would make it a lot easier than editing slot after slot to move costumes around.

I'm the same way. I find myself having to save and load costumes in particular slots just so I have them in a particular order. It can be both time consuming and annoying. I agree that it's high time we had some quality of life improvements to the Tailor. It's one of the pillars of the game in my opinion, so it's a shame to see it neglected - though I completely understand what an undertaking it would be to smooth over the rough edges.
  • Options

I'm the same way. I find myself having to save and load costumes in particular slots just so I have them in a particular order. It can be both time consuming and annoying. I agree that it's high time we had some quality of life improvements to the Tailor. It's one of the pillars of the game in my opinion, so it's a shame to see it neglected - though I completely understand what an undertaking it would be to smooth over the rough edges.

Would also be nice if they fixed the memory leak in the Starfleet Academy tailor. Everytime I go to that particular tailor, it spikes my CPU usage and the game slows to a crawl. Doesn't happen at any other location.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter

Would also be nice if they fixed the memory leak in the Starfleet Academy tailor. Everytime I go to that particular tailor, it spikes my CPU usage and the game slows to a crawl. Doesn't happen at any other location.

I actually reported this to @crypticspartan#0627 and he was able to reproduce the issue using one of my characters so he's passed it along to the team to try and figure out what's causing it.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Well, they added Chain Gaurd (sic) leg attachments, but I see that the Bare Chest - 23c Klingon and the Mesh Sleeves still clip horribly... actually the Mesh Sleeves clip with just about everything, rendering them effectively unusable.

(Yeah, this is one I'm going to keep on since the BC-23c/Mesh Sleeves combo is the closest a KDF player can come to having anything with SHORT sleeves rather than long or no sleeves...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    Klingon mesh gauntlets are not available for alien gen male characters.

Arms are still disappearing with the "23c Klingon Sleeveless" upper for Alien gen male characters.

The following gauntlets still clip horribly for Klingon characters:

Gauntlet 01
    Gauntlet 03
    Klingon Academy (this is one of the worst)
    Klingon Kelvin 1
    Klingon Kelvin 2

Cannot switch to static stance when stance it set to thoughtful.
  • Options
    Chest disappears for Ferengi Klingon characters while wearing the "23c Klingon" and "23c Klingon Mesh" uppers. (note: but not when wearing sleeveless variant).

On the Klingon female character (the boff at least. I'm assuming it would be the same for the player character) there are several linked palettes. Box one on SHOULDER PADS, BELT, and BACK are all linked together. Box two on the same are linked for SHOULDER PADS and BELT.