What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rom Mission "Tradecraft" major bug

Comments

• Options
    moondust396#9843 moondust396 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Good to know I'm not the only one, I submitted a ticket but no response so far. Thought I was doing something wrong
  • Options
    dannyhartwig25dannyhartwig25 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Point is this blocks all missions after. also i cant only Access to romulan minefield .. after doing it for a while to get to 40 i quit...not fun at all to lvl that way.
  • Options
    giantconch#4219 giantconch Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I am having this problem as well.

I tried working around this by switching to a Federation ship (the support cruiser from Temporal Ambassador) to try that ships bridge to get to the ships library, but it is missing from there as well.
  • Options
    well reaching lvl 50 helps a bit then i got at last Access to Dyson spehre Jobs and Access to all pve fleets
  • Options
    lemonez13lemonez13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Really hope this gets patched soon. Been wanting to play my Rom but I've done all side-quests I can do (Klingon War Arc is bugged for me too).

Mostly getting exp from Duty Officer missions and the occasional PvE queue (any of the ones beside the 5 mans seem to take forever). Would much rather be progressing the stories instead.

Just a shame I really get into wanting to try this game. Consider giving them money but character I choose is broke. Leveling an alt in the meantime just takes the fun away.
    Post edited by lemonez13 on
  • Options
    spiteuspiteu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I spent a good amount of time looking into this bug.

Using various console commands on a working (FED) ships library will bring up the interact window.
    Commands such as "Interactwindow" and "interactIncludeVolume" will activate the console.
    The "interactIncludeVolume" command will activate the nearest entity in range.

When used on the ROM ship it send the player to the nearest chair, other commands like "Cursorexecute" and "Showentitypopupmenu" have no effect at all on the ROM ship.

I have to conclude that the console is either not lined up with the map itself, has "fallen" through the map or has been set as an inactive entity. Given that I am just a player I cannot mess with any of that stuff.

Again, The console commands work on FED characters but on the ROM ships the only entity you cannot interact with and that is seemingly not even there is the library in your ready room.

I am going to posit that there is nothing we can do as players to get past this bug.

Heres hoping...
  • Options
    vatrekfan78#9092 vatrekfan78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am having the same issue and the reply from support was less than supportive (pretty much telling me to play a different character or do something else in the game until the issue is resolved). I have a bad feeling it won't be fixed anytime soon as players who are Romulan-Fed Allied have the option to play the mission to rescue the freighter in the first mission of a regular Fed toon. Buggy is an understatement at this point.....
  • Options
    davidallen39davidallen39 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Doesn't work for my KDF allied ROM either. I tried switchting to a raptor but to no avail. =(
  • Options
    whycrypticwhycryptic Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Aaaaaand no mention of this show-stopping bug anywhere in the patch notes for tomorrow. Great.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Those are better responses then you used to get. Used to get a form letter about try again. But it might just be the same problem that is seen with neth par. so maybe same fix?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    We have to assume the patch coming tomorrow and prolly the one after that were finished already, earliest reports of this bug seem to be from the 7th or so.

I would hope to see a hot-fix or ortherwise but, meh.
  • Options
    borkettaborketta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still broken even after todays patch.
    No mention of the problem in the patch notes.
    Been to ready room on ship and still can not interact with the console.
  • Options
    still not fixed.., horray sux
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect them to have fixed it with this patch, maybe next one.
  • Options
    lordaliaslordalias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Managed to get a GM to pop over last night, they were going to skip the mission for me but suddenly stopped and disappeared for almost 15 minutes and returning with "this is a known bug and should be dealt with soon"

I presume this means it goes a lot deeper than a simple console being out of alignment.

EDIT: Actually, when inviting people onto the bridge, the console triggers for them xD
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    lordaliaslordalias Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @tomilak said:
    > i actually tried that for kicks just to see if i could get them to complete the mission on my bridge, nada, yes the console worked for them but no proper response for mission end.

I was so excited when my buddy turned up and the glow appeared around the console! Shame it doesn't allow for progress. Shows that the console is active though, just not for ROMs!
  • Options
    erie69erie69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    whycryptic wrote: »
    I don't know how long this bug has been around, but I can't find anything about it anywhere. I've got a Romulan Delta Recruit from the event a couple months ago. I'm trying to play the episode "Tradecraft" but I can't access any files in my ready room. The terminals on the desk pop up, but there's no glow effect to indicate an interactable object, and there's no button saying Access Library Files or anything else in my ready room. The Account Bank terminal works just fine though.

I tried this mission on my other Romulan characters and got the same issue. Does anyone know a workaround to this aside from skipping the mission?
    whycryptic wrote: »
    I don't know how long this bug has been around, but I can't find anything about it anywhere. I've got a Romulan Delta Recruit from the event a couple months ago. I'm trying to play the episode "Tradecraft" but I can't access any files in my ready room. The terminals on the desk pop up, but there's no glow effect to indicate an interactable object, and there's no button saying Access Library Files or anything else in my ready room. The Account Bank terminal works just fine though.

I tried this mission on my other Romulan characters and got the same issue. Does anyone know a workaround to this aside from skipping the mission?

That bug has been around since the creation of romulans arc fixes it usually soon after
    There was a way to unlock lvl 50 rep episodes even with bug but sadly I forgot how to do it
    Now I’m stuck on same boat
    I wish they change the mission or the bridge layout
    Because that bugg is a reoccurring error every patch or update has a chance to do it
    For bridge change is self explanatory
    And mission change you might consider giving us a library data pad that is stored in inventory and given to us after previous quest as a reward
    It can’t be cool for you developers having to fix same bugg 100 times
  • Options
    chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'm in pretty much the same boat as everyone else here. The ready room computer does not give me the interface (the only thing in the room that has an interface is the account bank). Skipping the mission did not do anything, and I'm not at a point where several different missions should be opened up to me, but all of them are grayed out, presumably because I cannot complete the Tradecraft mission. Hopefully there will be a resolution soon.
  • Options
    jlf1961jlf1961 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same freaking problem here
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    exk444 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue as well. Romulans characters are not able to access their ready room console preventing the completion of "Tradecraft" and "Mine Enemy". If you skip "Tradecraft" you are unable to access "The Once and Future Agent" preventing progression in the Romulan storyline.

This is wrong, I managed to get a bridge invite to a romulan lockbox ship bridge and was able to complete it but it doesnt open yesterdays war or any other story arc.
  • Options
    Point is this blocks all missions after. also i cant only Access to romulan minefield .. after doing it for a while to get to 40 i quit...not fun at all to lvl that way.

I managed to get this mission done with a bridge invite from a lockbox ship, everything is still locked.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    tomilak wrote: »
    i found a solution to tradecraft, it would appear in thier efforts to make the jem hadar they took elements of the romulan and the temporal characters already in the game, i have seen evidence to back this up. without going into alot of boring details. below is the solution to tradecraft.

step 1 - locate a friend with a jem hadar on your assigned faction. ie fed or klingon.
    step 2 - use the library computer on the jem hadar cruiser *any of them* to complete your mission.
    step 3 - done, proceed to next mission.

enjoy the solution till they figure out how to split all 3 chars up again and make them all separate instead of jumbled together like they are right now.

vk6xfNH.png

I done "Tradecraft" but nothing opens up.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    tomilak wrote: »
    i just found out finishing tradecraft doesnt allow the next round of missions to open up, i finished allies and in shadows and now nothing else opens up, hrm, how bad did they **** the game up when they did the jem hadar,
    well i will tell you from what i have seen and done so far, they took elements of the temporal and the romulan and mixed them to make the jem hadar work and due to this the romulan And the temporal are having issues not to mention the fact that the fed only missions dont work for jem'hadar cause there not supposed to! i hope this is fixed soon, i lost 6 days before i figured out how to get past tradecraft i cant afford to loose any more. i like to bring everyone up equal as far as being on the same missions, so now i have 3 on iconian, one on new romulus and the reman has only finished shadows and allies so yeah hes soo far behind the other 4 its not funny. ohk well, hope you fix this soon cause my only solution is to say goodbye to the reman so i can continue the other 4.

^^^

Told ya.
  • Options
    krainox#2120 krainox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm having the 'Tradecraft' issue as well as a another Rom past that mission where the next won't let me start (I think it's the Nimbus III mission, important to Roms...) A new TOS track has an item that wont interact as well. 3 spots stuck.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    deleted
  • Options
    carter103carter103 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ok, I have been reading this thread for days, hoping that cryptic would help fix this. I am stating to get anxious. It has been, what 2 weeks? The entire line of Romulan missions is broken! That is an entire faction, not being able to really play! The Romulans are my favourite faction (although the Feds are a close second). I created a new toon to play all the missions again and its broken. Moreover, I was really looking forward to it because I had just spent the last year at college. Cryptic fix this now!
  • Options
    carter103carter103 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Do you guys know when the next patch will be?