test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruit Character GLITCH - DIDN'T GET Tesseract Communications Receiver!!!

ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
I made this character, Moola, last night during the delta event but had to log off during the tutorial because I had to go to work.

I logged back in and am unable to get the tesseract device! I managed to complete the tutorial yet my character is not listed as a delta recruit now!

This is my first delta federation character.

Can a game master or someone please help me? I can't simply reroll now! This was my last chance to get Delta recruit!

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    You need to finish the tutorial. can't log during it.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    You stated that you logged off during the tutorial. So, it sounds like you didn't finish. If you didn't finish the tutorial, then it's not bugged or glitched. Just finish the tutorial.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I'm afraid to progress further with this character... I sent a GM Ticket, hopefully it'll get resolved.

Here's proof of my character's creation time: https://imgur.com/a/LncfTJQ
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    You stated that you logged off during the tutorial. So, it sounds like you didn't finish. If you didn't finish the tutorial, then it's not bugged or glitched. Just finish the tutorial.

I believe that I did finish the tutorial, sir.

i am currently on "communication breakdown" quest. Is that still the tutorial?

Please pardon me if my questions seem a bit... ignorant. I'm not used to the federation side.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    If this ends up being a bug I'll move it to the appropriate bug reporting forum. You should be able to claim a new device from the temp agent guy for your faction if I remember correctly. don't quote me on that bug I believe that's how it worked. if you already have recruit status and it's saying you have recruit status you should just need to complete tutorial or claim a new one.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    If this ends up being a bug I'll move it to the appropriate bug reporting forum. You should be able to claim a new device from the temp agent guy for your faction if I remember correctly. don't quote me on that bug I believe that's how it worked. if you already have recruit status and it's saying you have recruit status you should just need to complete tutorial or claim a new one.

Okay, apparently, I AM still in tutorial. I'm going to complete it and I'll immediately post my status!

• Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    ashlotte wrote: »

Okay, apparently, I AM still in tutorial. I'm going to complete it and I'll immediately post my status!

I have a question for you, did you do the phaser holodeck training part way in the beginning? Both Feds and KDF have to do it to progress. Upon completion of the Holodeck ground battle, your future self appears and speaks with you, giving you the device.

So here we go:

A) when you made the toon did you select Delta recruit option?
    B) Did you complete the Holodeck sequence?
    C) Did you speak with your future self, thus acquiring the device?

If you state no to any of the above you either A) did not make a Delta and/or B) you never finished the tutorial up to that point.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    If you passed that point which is waaaaay at the beginning after speaking with Flores or Jurek (KDF) and did not get the device, then you do not have a Delta.

Romulans acquire the device shortly after the cutscene and after speaking with Nivek. the sequence occurs after the cave, the part where you discover the Elachi device.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    Reporting back in: There is no delta recruit recognized when I speak to the temporal agent.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    stark2k wrote: »
    ashlotte wrote: »

I have a question for you, did you do the phaser holodeck training part way in the beginning? Both Feds and KDF have to do it to progress. Upon completion of the Holodeck ground battle, your future self appears and speaks with you, giving you the device.

So here we go:

A) when you made the toon did you select Delta recruit option?
    B) Did you complete the Holodeck sequence?
    C) Did you speak with your future self, thus acquiring the device?

If you state no to any of the above you either A) did not make a Delta and/or B) you never finished the tutorial up to that point.

A. Yes.

B. Yes.

C. No.

I DID make a delta, however. Got the cutscene from a temporal agent that handed my future self the tesseract device, but logged off prior to my future self giving it to my current self and now I can't get it at all. So it's B.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Reroll the character and don't log off during the tutorial this time.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    Reroll the character and don't log off during the tutorial this time.

I would love to but I would not get Delta Recruit.

It's over...

I'm just holding on to some feeble hope that I can somehow get my tesseract device on my character.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    If you didn't finish the tutorial during the event, then you don't have a Delta Recruit. It's been pretty clearly explained in the blog posting, and in multiple forum discussions since the first event.

Hope somebody can tweak the code to give you your device, though. Good luck!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    jonsills wrote: »
    If you didn't finish the tutorial during the event, then you don't have a Delta Recruit. It's been pretty clearly explained in the blog posting, and in multiple forum discussions since the first event.

Hope somebody can tweak the code to give you your device, though. Good luck!

This is the worst news I could receive... but I appreciate it, sir. And thank you.

I am still not giving up. :(
    Post edited by ashlotte on
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Since the toon hasn't gotten far yet, if it were me, I'd delete the character and remake.
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Suggest you beg STO game admin for Delta Recruit status... and good luck!

For Federation characters during the Delta Recruitment period (which had just ended as we all know by now):

~Near the beginning of your Tutorial:
    ~Your Fed character need to go into the Holodeck simulation and defeat the Klingon officers
    ~Right after this (and still within the Holodeck simulation), you will face your future self, who will put you your Tesseract Communications Receiver into your Inventory.
    ~This act of receiving the Delta Console also activates STO server to mark your character as "Delta Recruit Enhanced Rewards Enabled".
    ~You do not need to finish your Tutorial, but you must receive the Tesseract Communications Receiver to be a Delta Recruit.
    ~(I just made a Delta Recruit up to this above point in the Tutorial last night, and it's still a Delta Recruit as of this morning).

Good luck!
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I will tell you this (and sorry to say it), this stuff happened to people during the first run of Delta Recruitment, and those who didn't complete the tutorial before the event ended, well they didn't get to make Deltas until this re-run of the event.

I really am sorry you didn't get your Delta, but the instructions for making one were very clear, and posted in multiple places, as well as player warnings to help people avoid exactly your situation.

I'm sorry if I am coming off a bit harsh, but the info was all available.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I will tell you this (and sorry to say it), this stuff happened to people during the first run of Delta Recruitment, and those who didn't complete the tutorial before the event ended, well they didn't get to make Deltas until this re-run of the event.

I really am sorry you didn't get your Delta, but the instructions for making one were very clear, and posted in multiple places, as well as player warnings to help people avoid exactly your situation.

I'm sorry if I am coming off a bit harsh, but the info was all available.​​

I understand and appreciate it. :/

To soothe my sorrows I just had to realize it was no longer relevant 4 years ago. ;c

But it still stings.
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    ashlotte, sure wish there is a way for us to "donate" a Delta Recruit character to your account :(
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    You need to finish the tutorial. can't log during it.

Just curious... where exactly is this stated?

The Delta Recruit qualifications clearly says you much complete the tutorial, but where exactly does it say it has to be in one sitting? I for one had no idea you couldn't log off and resume it later, how would anyone know that?

I doubt that Cryptic will help the OP, but I hope they do.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I played all the Delta Recruits I made to the point where I got the pop up on the screen that says, "You are now a Delta Recruit" and you will get bonus dilithium (or something like that). This happens immediately after you meet your future self and they hand you the Tasseract Device.

I am not sure I finished the "Tutorial" on everyone, either. Especially, the Romulan one, that one goes on for a while. But I checked the character select screen and everyone still has the Delta marker next to their names.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    valoreah wrote: »
    The Delta Recruit qualifications clearly says you much complete the tutorial, but where exactly does it say it has to be in one sitting? I for one had no idea you couldn't log off and resume it later, how would anyone know that?

Not sure why anyone would expect to be able to create one once the event is over. Should you start the tutorial during the event, log off and finish it after the event expires, you're still finishing outside the event time.

Oh so he logged back in and finished after the event was over?

Then I misunderstood.. I was under the impression that he logged back on during the event and finished it and didn't receive the device. I assumed it was all still inside the event window.

If he logged in and finished after the event had expired then yes, I agree with you.. that would not qualify.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    brixby#2925 brixby Member Posts: 1 New User
    That's great. So great. I started a character during the event, but logged out as soon as I was able (at the very beginning of the tutorial) because I didn't want to start a storyline that I wouldn't be able to continue for a while. That just ruins the flow. I did get the delta recruit cutscene though, and figured that meant what it said it meant.

Now I'm playing this character and wondering where my tesseract device is... so I come to this thread and find out that I not only do I get nothing, but also the Vogons put up a notice about this... somewhere... so this is all clearly my fault.

It's been more than a week since OP posted this thread, is there any good news? Was customer service helpful on this in any way?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    OK, we're not going to start laying fault and blame, but the fact is, the event is over: If you didn't FINISH the required tasks to successfully be recognized as a Delta Recruit DURING the recruitment event, then your toon is NOT a Delta Recruit regardless of whether you started/created it during the recruitment event, and then there is nothing that customer support can do if you didn't complete the event as required. /Thread

8zkdpcf.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.