test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All hail Dracula, king of the power suck! Kneel before me!

2»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    What? even Worf thought Vorchas were garbage, it's CANON.

I mean presumably that's what you're talking about. Obviously you're not talking about a Naj'sov, Khaimas, Ihgomas, or Ahgamas...
    that wouldn't be the thing I was referencing, no. I mean, that's not "Sub-optimal" in this case, it's more of an "Irrelevant" platform entirely (being a KDF ship and all, with no Tier 6 variant and none in the works). "Sub-Optimal" would be the Gorn science ships, or something Romulan flavoured. (being as the Gorn ships are just nerfed versions of the Federation science ships, they wouldn't count either.)
    Do you even know what a Naj'sov is?
    That'd be the Klingon-ship-that-can't-mount-cannons? (the one that had the cloak installation delayed until a week after the buyers noticed it was missing, right?) Yes, I know what the Naj'sov is, I'm one of the suckers that bought one. in terms of flight characteristics, it's one of the more frustrating pieces I own.
    Interesting choice of words... Especially since the Naj'sov is probably the best KDF option for building a drain boat... I mean it's stats are nearly the same as the T6 Nebula.
    Yeah, "Nearly" being "Not quite as good as".
    And in what way does this make it less good as a drain boat?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    That ship needs an appropriate vampire name.

U.S.S. Vlad Tepes

U.S.S. Nosferatu

U.S.S. The Countmobile
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Quick, get me garlic and a cross!!
    Silver bullets too
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      silver as a weapon against supernatural creatures is a hollywood invention​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      I thought it was one of those things real-world vampire "hunters" used as an excuse for why they needed lots of silver.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
      Eh... personally I always associated Silver Bullets with fighting Werewolves. Not Vampires.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      werewolf vulnerability to silver weapons is mostly a modern thing; you'll barely find a single mention of it in traditional werewolf folklore - just a few scattered mentions in english folklore and a couple german bits​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
      I kinda like the Elder Scrolls explanation. I think it was some kind of allergy? Hence why Silver swords were effective against Werewolves.

Its been a while since I played Skyrim... really should reinstall sometime.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)