test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help to choose Star Cruiser T6.. Tactical or Operations.

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited July 2017 in The Academy
I can't decide on what Cruiser to use. The Tier 6 Operational Star Cruiser or the Tactical Variant.

Because of how most of my consoles are universal, and both ships have universal bridge officer slots.

The console and boff layout does not make a difference when it comes to picking a ship. I can have an identical layout.
Same comes with starship traits and consoles.

So both ships are.. Identical? Other than the power levels it gives a bonus too.

Or is there any other reason to pick one over the other?

I'm talking about this one:
sto.gamepedia.com/Operations_Star_Cruiser_(T6)
vs
sto.gamepedia.com/Tactical_Star_Cruiser_(T6)

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    What are you talking about? There is no T6 star cruiser.

You're right, but Cryptic decided to call the T6 Flagships 'Star Cruisers' despite the fact that there was already a T5 ship called a Star Cruiser. They did this because.. well.. Cryptic. They're T6 Odysseys, but for some reason, they slapped the name 'Star Cruiser' on them because apparently that term is now as generic as 'Dreadnought' or 'Battle Cruiser.'

So both ships are.. Identical? Other than the power levels it gives a bonus too.

Or is there any other reason to pick one over the other?

The differences are the bridge officer layout, the console layout, the trait, and the look.

The Tactical Star Cruiser and the Operations Star Cruiser are completely different ships. I'm not sure why you think they're 'identical' but they're definitely not.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The differences are the bridge officer layout, the console layout, the trait, and the look.

The Tactical Star Cruiser and the Operations Star Cruiser are completely different ships. I'm not sure why you think they're 'identical' but they're definitely not.

As I said..

Bridge Officer layout, the ship has a lot of universal slots. So it doesn't matter for me, I can slot what I want on both.
    Console layout, all my consoles are pretty much universal. So also, it does not matter. I can slot my consoles where ever I want.

I also have both the traits..

Both the ships can look the same because each one can have it's costume. The Sojourner can have the Endeavour and other way around.

So in short. I understand they are not "identical" but in my current situation they are pretty much "identical."
    Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay if they are the same, than why the hell are you even asking?!? If you can do fine with just uni consoles, you are obviously a skilled player who knows what they are doing because I did it and it ain't easy to make a decent ship that way. Any advice you are gonna get will pale compared to your expertise if you can pull this off. Now if you can't do 30k parses with just uni consoles...yeah...the whole they are same...you need to drop right now.

And how do you have the traits without owning the ship again? That sounds like a bug...and one you should report before you get banned for using an exploit...especially as this is one that is costing them money directly.

I have both traits because I have both ships purchased and both have been ranked up to the highest mastery.

I was asking because of the power level bonuses that are different on the ship. And I am still upgrading my power systems so I was wondering if it made a difference, for example with different warp cores etc.

I am sad that whenever I ask for help or look around the forums here, people like you are so hostile. I just asked for advice regarding the bonus levels on the ships power. As everything else was irrelevant for my current build (Consoles, bridge officer layout, costume etc)

You're quite a hostile person and I hope you will learn to calm down. I just asked for advice, please take it to heart.

Edit: I looked through your comments and saw the way you reply on other threads, I flagged a ticket for your behavior with arc support. This is a game and we should all have fun and enjoy it, your hostility is unwanted in this community.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,331 Community Moderator
    Geez, cold, chill.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,331 Community Moderator
    rlNBoZF.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.