test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Dilithium Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
PC Captains can earn bonus dilithium in game this weekend!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10479873

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the mines we go. We'll maybe die, scream and cry, but it's worth it for that dil!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to the mines we go. We'll maybe die, scream and cry, but it's worth it for that dil!

If you die ... how will it be worth it?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »

We'll maybe die! If the odds play out right we'll get super dil (and maybe inherit from the unlucky ones,) :tongue:
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager

I mean...you can just respawn...
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

We'll maybe die! If the odds play out right we'll get super dil (and maybe inherit from the unlucky ones,) :tongue:

Hmmm ... I want to see a 'super dil' Horta now.

New Competative Queue

Play as a Horta and defend the mines from hostile invaders? Whichever team saves the most Horta eggs wins!

Purple Horta FTW!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Hmmm ... I want to see a 'super dil' Horta now.

Sutherland%201.png

• Options
    cmndrckcmndrck Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ore does me no good if I cant refine what I have already.
  • Options
    mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    So is it a rule in this community that we must congratulate eachother on literally useless things nobody wants? Are Cryptic our grandmother, having knitted wool socks and we must pretend to like it because it's christmas? Please let me know as I'd hate to commit a faux pas by declaring what I really think of this "event".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • Options
    graffsandara#2895 graffsandara Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I dunno, but if you have socks, can I have them?
    So is it a rule in this community that we must congratulate eachother on literally useless things nobody wants? Are Cryptic our grandmother, having knitted wool socks and we must pretend to like it because it's christmas? Please let me know as I'd hate to commit a faux pas by declaring what I really think of this "event".

"Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "To the Stars, despite adversity"
  • Options
    raahzielraahziel Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Oh nice I could do with some bonus dilithium. Havent played STO in a while but ive been enjoying playing again the last week or two. Give me all the things! :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So is it a rule in this community that we must congratulate eachother on literally useless things nobody wants? Is Cryptic our grandmother, having knitted wool socks and we must pretend to like it because it's christmas? Please let me know as I'd hate to commit a faux pas by declaring what I really think of this "event".

*Raises hand*

Sir, you are quite mistaken. I know you said you wanted to know if you committed a faux pas and, yes you have just committed one. Not every event has to be to your personal benefit, treating dil weekends as such is quite Grinchy. Come down from your mountain and join the townsfolk in our celebration of what is, for us, a fortuitous uptick in dilithium. Some of our reserves were running quite low.

We've got miscellaneous roasted alien beast, we're more than happy to share.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2017

I mean...you can just respawn...
    You guys should create a Doctor Who game, then respawning would actully make complete sense. Regeneration is part of the Gallifreyan lore. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I had been storing a VIP & an Extra-VIP just for one of these dilithium events. Anyone know what amount of yield I can expect from those during this type of bonus event? Just curious as to how much before I attempt it.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Looks like I'll be spending my weekend on New Romulus. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I had been storing a VIP & an Extra-VIP just for one of these dilithium events. Anyone know what amount of yield I can expect from those during this type of bonus event? Just curious as to how much before I attempt it.

The vip claim boxes can be opened beforehand as they both contain the same item, you get more in the extra vip box.

Unless the minigames rng plays silly beggars then you're looking at 10001 ore from a rich vein. Making use of your account bank and alts is not a bad idea as you can always transfer the dil to the one that needs it.