What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland!

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    icerose20 wrote: »
    So now Klingons can partake in the Human experience of being outsmarted by fish.

Humans fish with a stick, string, and hook. Klingons fish with fists, disruptors, and photon grenades.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    My verdict on the 2016 Winter Event:

The fishing is a nice addition, however, there are still gaping voids of inactivity.
    I don't know which dev thinks the event timetable is total awesomesauce, but maybe they should be left out of the next WE's planning.
    There still isn't enough to do.

Not DOA, but definitely on life support.

I dunno. It's been DOA to me for the last 3 years.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

The fishing is a nice addition, however, there are still gaping voids of inactivity.
    I don't know which dev thinks the event timetable is total awesomesauce, but maybe they should be left out of the next WE's planning.

I think it's fine, especially since I rotate my captains to gather the trinkets. Not sure how I feel about the Klingon Ice Fishing yet. I suppose I should buy the epic fishing gauntlet to see how well how good the trinkets payout is. For now, I think Cones of Conduct offers the best total rewards.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I think someone suggested combining the Fishing with the Snowball Fight and having the Kos'karii and Snowman Overlord square-off while instead fighting our Captains whenever they appeared at the same time. And there should be a need to constantly summon both over and over again during eight minute cycle.

For something like that, you'd should have an entire instance going full tilt during a battle like that. IMHO
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    When can we expect the Epoh or whatever they are called trade in to be fixed? When you go to the vendor to trade them in for marks, there is no way to trade them in for marks.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    jcsww wrote: »
    When can we expect the Epoh or whatever they are called trade in to be fixed? When you go to the vendor to trade them in for marks, there is no way to trade them in for marks.
    I had this same problem, it turns out that the solution was to expand the ui box.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I had this same problem, it turns out that the solution was to expand the ui box.

I wonder if this would help with the "jumpie" accolades list situation.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Definitely!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2016
    The trick to winning the race is mostly sprinting as fast as you can while trying to maintain a straight path as possible while still staying within the boundaries of the track. When you come to a sharp corner you turn quickly to line up for the next straight path then double tap 'w' so you jump forward to prevent sliding around sharp corners...

Then you will be perfectly lined up for the next straight away, as the jump forward gets you running forward faster and stops slipping off course, then while holding shift key down so you start to sprint as soon as possible again. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you're REALLY good you can sprint the whole race(no combat rolls and no bunny hopping). This of course requires a level of mastery of drifting that not only requires intense practice, but only really works on internet that's actually FAST.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    owazowaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I remember the first year they introduced this. The learning curve was steep and was very frustrating.

Using the snow helps a lot as they slow you down and allow you to change direction.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    nathrael wrote: »
    In the announcement they mentioned an "ultra-rare epohh" that had gotten entangle in a strand of lights. Does anyone know where to get these? Does not seem to be a crit result from eppoh raising

I got the lime with lights and antlers today. I wonder if you have to ignore your duty officer recommendations on this. What I mean is, if you already got the extreme lime they then assign your worst scientists to the project. I wonder if you need 2 crits to get the lights.

In a related question - has anyone got a cherry epohh at all? I have 7 characters raising daily, have seen all others many many times and zero cherry.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    Yep that time again. Where I get burnt out from trying to get free ships, then I don't play till the next big event because I feel like puking every time I see sto. Fun.

There is always one in the bunch who whines. Seriously guy it's not that hard. You have a lot of time to post but no time to spend taking 4 minutes ops to run the fastest game on ice. Yeah you only have yourself to blame guy.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

Definitely!

I'm not sure I have my UI scale reduced to .80 so I can see more with it requiring less space on screen. It also never use to display accolades jumping around like was, and I also see they are slowly getting around to correct more so they do it less.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    Yep that time again. Where I get burnt out from trying to get free ships, then I don't play till the next big event because I feel like puking every time I see sto. Fun.

There is always one in the bunch who whines. Seriously guy it's not that hard. You have a lot of time to post but no time to spend taking 4 minutes ops to run the fastest game on ice. Yeah you only have yourself to blame guy.

It's not really a matter of difficulty or time. It's more that it's tedious and lacks any fun factor. The whole event is pretty boring, tacky and uninspiring.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Events in MMOs aren't meant to inspire you to anything. That's a level of art that's not found in licensed games. The other comments that you have are about your taste, but apparently aren't shared by most on the forums or in the game. The place is busy all of the time, though a couple of the cycled events are ignored by many, or even most players.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    The GB Invasion would also be a bit more fun if ALL 5 Players could actually get a chance at the Recipe Boxes, instead of the first person to get to them (I've stopped even trying to get them with my Temporal Agent) and also if the final reward box would be actually worth the effort. (three times in a row I got the lump of coal)

Not sure what you're talking about here with the recipes... I play with my two kids doing this queue all the time, and everyone gets the recipes every round.

Lumps of coal have been a predominant reward here, too... I thought at first it was like a ranking thing, if you did more damage you got a better reward but it just seems random and coal is WAY too likely.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah there's an annoying bug where the marker circle for the present disappears after one player grabs it, but it's still interactable if you remember where to look.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

I think it's fine, especially since I rotate my captains to gather the trinkets. Not sure how I feel about the Klingon Ice Fishing yet. I suppose I should buy the epic fishing gauntlet to see how well how good the trinkets payout is. For now, I think Cones of Conduct offers the best total rewards.

the other gauntlets make no difference except in the size of fish per average you catch, the payout is still the same
  • Options
    robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    are we ever going to be able to trade the cherry and lime epohhs for marks?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    are we ever going to be able to trade the cherry and lime epohhs for marks?

Well, they fixed most of the Lime Epohhs, it's just the lit up ones that you can't trade. Still waiting for the Cherry ones to be added. Has anyone seen the next step up from "Wild Cherry"?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I've gotten one to go to Wild Cherry Rare. Pretty much the same as the Lime version, Christmas lights for antler points. The trick to getting them seems to be having them go critical on the Research Epohh Tags assignment. If they were already special as Pups, they will be extra special as Elders, if not, they can only ever go to special.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I have my 1,000 Winter Prize Vouchers. Where/how do I claim the Breen Chel Boalg Warship?

I've gone to the Holiday Item Vendor and the Shipyards; nada.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I have my 1,000 Winter Prize Vouchers. Where/how do I claim the Breen Chel Boalg Warship?

I've gone to the Holiday Item Vendor and the Shipyards; nada.

you will find it in the reputations page under events tab, slot the winter prize claim and fill it with your 1,000 prize vouchers..
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Ah, thanks! Every year I forget about this. surprised.gif
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    Has anyone been able to claim the ship on an alt?
    I got it on one character with no problems, but I cannot even start the project to get it on my other characters. The only project I see now is to trade the photos for marks.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I got it on one character with no problems, but I cannot even start the project to get it on my other characters. The only project I see now is to trade the photos for marks.
    That's because once you complete the project on one character you also unlock the particular ship for all your other characters through the reclaim tab of the events store, you do not need to do it again after the first time you complete it.
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    That's because once you complete the project on one character you also unlock the particular ship for all your other characters through the reclaim tab of the events store, you do not need to do it again after the first time you complete it.

None of my alts see it there either. One alt who already has 3 of the 4 older breen ships can reclaim the consoles. My AOY alt, who is not old enough to have any of the other breen ships, does not see anything breen there.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    Ah, what you said earlier about the project not being available for your other alts gave me the impression that you didn't know about the reclaim store, my bad.