What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland!

Comments

• Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    If PWE wants to help drain some of the excess Dilithium from the Exchange. How about having a 50% off sale for those incredibly expensive but awesome uniforms that were released over the summer? I would really like them for some of my crews, but 2 million DL each is much more than they really should have been. Yes, they look amazing and all, but the price is still an issue.

I second this motion!
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I hope they will consider a reasonable instance cap number this year. Because:
    crowley875 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the wonderland lacking people playing the event? Could be just the illusion though because the instances are capped at 30. These days when I'm around for the snowballfight, cones of conduct, or tides of ice.. there are just around 5 people actually doing those.

Snowball fight is doable because we have 15 mins to take down 150 snowmen and then the big bugger at the lake, goes slow but managable. Cones of conduct is about 50-50. With about 5 people most of the times we're just barely able to kill him before he freezes all buildings, and sometimes we can't even get his health below 50%. The snowconian does most of the damage in this thing, but we just don't have enough people to bring/keep his health up. Tides of ice is just a complete mindboggle. With 5 people the snowmen will just break down all ice walls on all lanes within the first minute. Everyone will fallback to the start, some lanes of snowmen aren't moving at all and will stay at their spawn points, resulting in too many snowmen at a spawnpoint and they'll just teleport/spawn to/at the exit adding to the escape counter.

I remember last year when the instances were capped off at 75, and back then we were able to stand our ground against the snowmen. But with the cap now at 30 and 20+ people just standing afk in the center at all times, it's become harder to succesfully complete the events. When I'm lucky and I switch instances, then sometimes I might find 6-8 people fighting the snowmen which makes it slightly more managable.

• Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    About the Klingon icefishing glove thing, maybe next year's QWW can have an Andorian version?
  • Options
    robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    what a bummer the snowman event was removed...
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    what a bummer the snowman event was removed...

And replaced with a giant gummy worm.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    I guess the snowmen around the lake don't come to life any more.
    STO-Snowman-Takaran-001.jpg~original
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    not participating, the impossible race is back for the ship and im done, not everyone can do that race its damn time it changed. you put the new ship up with an event impossible for most to win. how fair is that cryptic. so i am passing on the entire event, have fun. when it changes to fair i will go back to it, if not, well, have fun playing by yourselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    tomilak wrote: »
    not participating, the impossible race is back for the ship and im done, not everyone can do that race its damn time it changed. you put the new ship up with an event impossible for most to win. how fair is that cryptic. so i am passing on the entire event, have fun. when it changes to fair i will go back to it, if not, well, have fun playing by yourselves.

This may or may not help, but Rattlers guides help a bunch of folks last year.
    Winter Event Tips and Tricks 2016! Good luck.
  • Options
    thanks but no thanks, nothing helped me last year, i just cant do the race, period, impossible no matter what i tried.
  • Options
    So, um, what happened to all the doff missions that used to give out the holiday ornament stuff? They seem to be missing.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    So, um, what happened to all the doff missions that used to give out the holiday ornament stuff? They seem to be missing.

They seem to be available whilst on the ground at academies, First City and ESD

• Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    thanks but no thanks, nothing helped me last year, i just cant do the race, period, impossible no matter what i tried.

I find that not sprinting until the final stage and also using shooter mode helps, use the mouse to turn and start the movement just before the corner.
  • Options
    aimeyiraimeyir Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Is there any use/exchange for the 2015 winter vouchers? I have some that I never used, and I was hoping to exchange them for something instead of just outright getting rid of them.

That is one complaint I do have about the game. There's a lot of stuff that is "limited time, event only" stuff. The problem is a lot of the sets have one component that is this event only stuff, so you're stuck with 3 out of the 4 items. Since we're delving into the temporal aspect, could we have a currency exchanger that would allow you to get the stuff you missed? I think a lot of people would appreciate that.
  • Options

Ah, ok... used to find them in space, like Sol System.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    aimeyir wrote: »
    Is there any use/exchange for the 2015 winter vouchers? I have some that I never used, and I was hoping to exchange them for something instead of just outright getting rid of them.

That is one complaint I do have about the game. There's a lot of stuff that is "limited time, event only" stuff. The problem is a lot of the sets have one component that is this event only stuff, so you're stuck with 3 out of the 4 items. Since we're delving into the temporal aspect, could we have a currency exchanger that would allow you to get the stuff you missed? I think a lot of people would appreciate that.

Phoenix pack for those missing items: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10287833-phoenix-prize-pack
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Might be fuzzy memory -- I thought they were only Starfleet Academy and Earth Spacedock for feds. Plus the Winter Wonderland itself for all factions.

• Options
    jok3rmindgmindzjok3rmindgmindz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Hmmm....

Wouldn't it be easier to launch a photon torpedo from your ship at a frozen lake, then beam down and collect whatever got blown onto the surface?

Yeah but its Q! He has to make everything a pain in the butt!!!!!!
  • Options
    actually lock onto the fish with your transporter from the ship and beam them out of the lake.
    would be even better idea.
  • Options
    cesaw70cesaw70 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

I mean, I could see that happening back when the ship only was character unlock and you had to do it on everyone you wanted the ship on, sure. But now when it's account unlock so you only have to do it on one? Not so much.[/quote]

Has it been confirmed that this ship is account unlocked, from what has been posted, it says nothing about unlocking over your whole account.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Might be fuzzy memory -- I thought they were only Starfleet Academy and Earth Spacedock for feds. Plus the Winter Wonderland itself for all factions.
    used to also be QWW too. I've not seen any in QWW.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User

AMEN!

I didn't mind it the last two years, boring, time-consuming, repetative, sure, that I can handle, but the increased slide factor and opponent speed ruined it. I'm about ready to punch that (censored) Breen right in the helmet if I get disqualified one more time because the blasted game refuses to stop sliding me AFTER I've already turned, jumped and whatnot to change directions.

I'm already in a bad mood because everything is always locked behind some stupid race or something. NEWSFLASH: If I wanted to race, I'd play freakin' "Need For Speed"!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    forumnametooforumnametoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    WTH man, how did that lame daily race suddenly become so difficult. If I wanted frustration sauce I'd be into console TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    WTH man, how did that lame daily race suddenly become so difficult. If I wanted frustration sauce I'd be into console ****.

Fun in STO? Heresy! It has to be a second job, or you're not doing it right!
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    if the race is hard you're probably doing it wrong.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Anybody else notice that the Winter Currency is dropping a lot less this year?

Also, hey Cryptic, how about adding a game or two in which the player doesn't have to join in a group and isn't gated by the clock but can still earn the winter currency at a reasonable pace.
    (pie eating not withstanding)

While I admit that I am a bit burned-out by having done these winter games more than a few times now, for some reason this year it seems worse.

I don't mind the race for the ship since I only can do that once a day anyway.

BUT...

The PvP Race lost my interest after the first season, since I suk at ANY KIND of PvP and I have no room for anymore pets in my Bank/Inventory.

The GB Village Battle would be a LOT more interesting if it weren't such a free-for-all mess, with the reward being so infinitesimally small.

The GB Invasion would also be a bit more fun if ALL 5 Players could actually get a chance at the Recipe Boxes, instead of the first person to get to them (I've stopped even trying to get them with my Temporal Agent) and also if the final reward box would be actually worth the effort. (three times in a row I got the lump of coal)

The new Klingon Fishing Clash is mind-numbingly boring, no where near as fun as the Snowman Battle used to be, and also giving out a reward that is borderline ridiculously small for the effort put in.

Maybe it's me, I'm not sure, but this year it just doesn't have any excitement to it, while on the other hand, the Summer Event still is a lot of fun..

One last thing... how about over-lapping the timing of the contests as well.
    Run all of the contests every 15 minutes apart instead of in a sequential timed order.

Let us decide when we want to do something, not when You feel like making it available!

<shrug>
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    you can all get the recipe box in the gingerbread village mission. just look at the map and go there on your way through town. the reward is also very good compared to other events if you kill both bosses and complete some objectives.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tjraz23#1763 tjraz23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do I finish "Snowman About Town" Accolade now? I have it all done but Snowball Fight...
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Ice fishing... The biggest issue seems to be that the size of the fish matters very little: UR fish (the one you have to punch) can still reward a fragment. It almost feels like those fishes are a waste of time, and they summon the boss quicker, which, with its meagre reward, isn't actually a good thing.

If it was, say, less for the smallest fish, about the same for two bigger ones, and 2 drops (no fragments) for special fishes and 3+ for boss battle, it would have felt more like your actions actually matter.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    In the announcement they mentioned an "ultra-rare epohh" that had gotten entangle in a strand of lights. Does anyone know where to get these? Does not seem to be a crit result from eppoh raising
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    My verdict on the 2016 Winter Event:

The fishing is a nice addition, however, there are still gaping voids of inactivity.
    I don't know which dev thinks the event timetable is total awesomesauce, but maybe they should be left out of the next WE's planning.
    There still isn't enough to do.

Not DOA, but definitely on life support.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev