Install Arc
Options

update: get your jjprise today for $42, no gambling involved

13»

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If no one opens boxes then there will be no ships on the exchange.

Umm maybe the OP was posting about people who want the ship...people who sell the ship obviously don't want it but rather the EC?

I know...logic is hard.
  • Options
    sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    now only $51!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Yeah this is indeed the way to go, after opening about 300+ lockboxes when the JJ box came out I cut my losses and sold keys until I could buy it outright, and used the lobi to get my delta a JHDC.

Just the other day though I opened a couple boxes on my klink and got the D4x, which I promptly sold for 730 million EC. Now my TOS toon has a Dreadnought class too (just for the trait and final JJ console really, never liked the ship itself). But my point is, if your content with opening boxes for the Connie, your better off opening them on a klink so that you can sell it and make roughly 400 million EC profit at the same time.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    It's just insane that people still open boxes on feds.

So many billions of ec flushed down the toilet.

Their loss is our gain, my friend.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Got my Kelvinprise, no gambling, sold some CrtDx2 Pen weapons, and sold about 30 lockbox keys.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Too bad the romulan version is still ridiculously over priced. :(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Most people are opening boxes on fed toons, so it's a supply and demand issue
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Very true, but still a waste to open it on a fed if making money is your goal.

There are so many Kelvin Connies on the exchange that the ship now costs less then Lobi Ships (The Vengeance is more expensive.) Last time I looked there were no D4X's on the exchange, and there was 1 T'Laru going for 740M.

Now, I don't know if the T'Laru will actually sell at that price, but it still worth twice what the Connie is worth. I know personally, if I were opening boxes trying to get 'space rich' (I'm not) I would open them on a Klingon or a Romulan.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I got 2 of the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruisers after opening just around 100 boxes (I'm estimating). that's the best I've ever done opening boxes. It was probably just a fluke, but my perception is that it's not as difficult to get as the other ships, which is one of the reasons the price is dropping so steadily. That's just my opinion of course.
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I got 2 of the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruisers after opening just around 100 boxes (I'm estimating). that's the best I've ever done opening boxes. It was probably just a fluke, but my perception is that it's not as difficult to get as the other ships, which is one of the reasons the price is dropping so steadily. That's just my opinion of course.

I've said before that I wonder if the drop rate is slightly better because they want to use the promotional Kelvin stuff as market research and see if there is desire out there for more Kelvin content. If they kept it in a sandbox, it might make sense from a business perspective to bring the contemporary content in-game... because they'd naturally want to attract new players from the younger audience
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    To be honest I'd probably mail them back minus a 15% finder's fee. I've made goofs like that and they're too painful to not put right when the tools are right there.

This.

Some of the pond life that play this game, would not do the same. I am sure many are right here on this thread.

The fact is, if you see something like that, you KNOW its an honest mistake, by an unfortunate player. They are happy to steal from them, because they know their are no consequences or accountability to what is otherwise, atrocious behaviour.

People tell themselves things to justify this stuff in their own mind, and make themselves feel better about robbing someone. Stuff like:

"Well if he is stupid enough to do it its fine."

Etc etc. Its complete BS. Its the same as seeing someone fall over, and drop their wallet without realising, then picking it up yourself seeing it has £1000 inside and keeping it.

Clearly, from the reactions i see in game, and no the forums/reddit, a lot of STO players would have no hesitation in doing such a crime. Each to their own. Just remember if you are like that, you are thieving scum, plain and simple.

If the cap fits wear it....
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    caldannach wrote: »
    To be honest I'd probably mail them back minus a 15% finder's fee. I've made goofs like that and they're too painful to not put right when the tools are right there.

This.

Some of the pond life that play this game, would not do the same. I am sure many are right here on this thread.

The fact is, if you see something like that, you KNOW its an honest mistake, by an unfortunate player. They are happy to steal from them, because they know their are no consequences or accountability to what is otherwise, atrocious behaviour.

People tell themselves things to justify this stuff in their own mind, and make themselves feel better about robbing someone. Stuff like:

Etc etc. Its complete BS. Its the same as seeing someone fall over, and drop their wallet without realising, then picking it up yourself seeing it has £1000 inside and keeping it.

Clearly, from the reactions i see in game, and no the forums/reddit, a lot of STO players would have no hesitation in doing such a crime. Each to their own. Just remember if you are like that, you are thieving scum, plain and simple.

Noble as a grape, for sure. But the Exchange doesn't tell you who you bought it from, just who you sold it to. So, unless they aproached you first, there's no honorable sending back.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

This.

Noble as a grape, for sure. But the Exchange doesn't tell you who you bought it from, just who you sold it to. So, unless they aproached you first, there's no honorable sending back.

Sure because, if i just sold 44 keys for a fraction of their value, i wouldn't open the email for the sale, read the handle of the person who bought them, and ask them to do the decent thing.

If i did for some strange reason follow these simple steps, i have no doubt, 999 times out of a 100 i would be placed on ignore or laughed at. Seen it, heard it, had it done to me.

As i said regardless, if the cap fits wear it. if it doesn't then don't. I just like to pull these people up who tell themselves this kind of behaviour is somehow justified. It isn't.

If, on the far reaching chance the guy doesn't message to request some kind of deal, then ok. The odds of that though are somewhere between slim and anorexic!
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

This.

Sure because, if i just sold 44 keys for a fraction of their value, i wouldn't open the email for the sale, read the handle of the person who bought them, and ask them to do the decent thing.

If i did for some strange reason follow these simple steps, i have no doubt, 999 times out of a 100 i would be placed on ignore or laughed at. Seen it, heard it, had it done to me.

As i said regardless, if the cap fits wear it. if it doesn't then don't. I just like to pull these people up who tell themselves this kind of behaviour is somehow justified. It isn't.

If, on the far reaching chance the guy doesn't message to request some kind of deal, then ok. The odds of that though are somewhere between slim and anorexic!

If the mishap occured to me, I likely wouldn't even approach the receiver, for reasons you outlined above: I'd be sure they would either just blow me off, or laugh at me. I bought a stack of cheap mats, once (like for 1/10th the usual price). Never heard back from them, either. So, in that case it really *is* justified to keep them (if, for nothing else, because asking in chat, for instance, would prompt another 1,000 scammers, claiming they were the one who sold them).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    For those who never really do any R&D - sell the materials. Look which you can sell in bulk and worth posting on the Exchange.

Yesterday, I made well over 200mil. I then bought the 2200 zen option. It saved me from spending 50 to just 20 euro.

I was sitting on a fortune without even knowing about it. Lot's of smaller tech boosts etc gave near 250k a pop and I sat on about fifty of those. Also, other components tend to sell well too.

Who knew all my characters sat on that EC. (though, I bought the Vengeance - on a side note, anyone notice people intentionally go out of their way to avoid you?)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    Who knew all my characters sat on that EC. (though, I bought the Vengeance - on a side note, anyone notice people intentionally go out of their way to avoid you?)

Please, please, please come by Ker'rat with your vengeance. We love big, juicy Federation ships, and I promise not to avoid you! :grin:

RCK - a.k.a. "Evul Jacob"

• Options
    now 48 dollars
  • Options
    today only $42
  • Options
    l2cl2c Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I would buy keys and sell them for EC, but my zen has been on probation for a week now -_-
  • Options
    mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Very true, but still a waste to open it on a fed if making money is your goal.

There are so many Kelvin Connies on the exchange that the ship now costs less then Lobi Ships (The Vengeance is more expensive.) Last time I looked there were no D4X's on the exchange, and there was 1 T'Laru going for 740M.

Now, I don't know if the T'Laru will actually sell at that price, but it still worth twice what the Connie is worth. I know personally, if I were opening boxes trying to get 'space rich' (I'm not) I would open them on a Klingon or a Romulan.

Are those vessels actually being sold at the exchange? If so, I want that ship, not excuses.
  • Options
    rck01 wrote: »

Please, please, please come by Ker'rat with your vengeance. We love big, juicy Federation ships, and I promise not to avoid you! :grin:

Meaningless in this game. :) If this were EvE Online, however...
    3lsZz0w.jpg