Install Arc
Options

update: get your jjprise today for $42, no gambling involved

sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
updated 8/3/16

jj price currently = 250 mil

key prices currently = 5.9 mil

250 / 5.9 = 42

so you will currently need to buy and then SELL 42 keys to have enough EC to buy the jjprise on the exchange.

dont risk gambling and getting nothing when you can buy the ship on teh exchange for a fixed price.

have a good day!

ps: and if you want a direct sell then sell your keys in a chat channel instead of posting them on the exchange
Post edited by sp00kymulder#3221 on

Comments

• Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Feel sorry for the folks that want the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, that one is at 750 mil on the Exchange.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If no one opens boxes then there will be no ships on the exchange.

If someone's buying the keys from the exchange, then someone is still opening boxes, so there will still be ships on the exchange. Going the way suggested here just let's you guarantee yourself a ship without doing what I did: 250+ boxes and no ship.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    baronvlad#7057 baronvlad Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Opening boxes doesn't mean they are trying to get the Kelvin ships. They could be collecting Lobi.
  • Options
    Opening boxes doesn't mean they are trying to get the Kelvin ships. They could be collecting Lobi.

Even so, some will still accidentally get a JJ-prise and, because they just want lobi, promptly throw it on the exchange.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I got one on my third key. But I've been unlucky plenty of times before. What is important is that you only gamble with ressources you're not gonna miss when they're gone. If I win a ship, great, if not, it's just another ordinary day.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Or not buy one at its current price and let it drop to where it should be.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Well... someone must be trying to do what the OP suggested.. (NOT MY PIC):

668573d9cc450e2029c4b1807edb2e02.png

wow!, and poor seller
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

LOL I would have been so fast on that, I would not have even slowed down for a screencap :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Either someone seriously goofed or is being extremely generous. Would be nice if the Exchange had some warning message if you are selling an item 10% of the average price of the last 10 or 20 sales for the item. Would remove a lot of instances were I got my JJprise for only 48 million or better or worse depending on your perspective for 4.8 million.
  • Options
    hollowcrown#6105 hollowcrown Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @mikoto8472 said:
    > Feel sorry for the folks that want the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, that one is at 750 mil on the Exchange.

wrong. the prices is dropped down to 415mil now
  • Options
    sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    yeah they are even cheaper now than when i posted the thread:

http://imgur.com/6LlIQH5
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    if you dont want or dont like the jjprise then this thread isnt for you.

but if you do want the ship but dont like gambling you can buy the ship right now for $87

how?

the ship is going for 480 mil on the exchange.

you can buy master keys and sell them on the exchange for 5.5 mil each.

480 / 5.5 = 87

so you will need to buy and sell 87 keys to have enough EC to buy the ship off the exchange.

so dont whine about opening hundreds of boxes and getting nothing when you can buy the ship right now for a fixed price.

no gambling involved.

no gambling involved is not 100% accurate, the seller of the would have needed to gamble to get the ship to sell in the first place.
    if nobody gambled by opening lockboxes there would be no jjprise ships on the exchange to sell so although the buyer might not have to open lockboxes the seller surely will.
    also the seller of keys has to gamble on that the market value of the keys he is selling will not fluctuate and not give the return you calculate they may need to buy more keys pushing up the price they will end up paying to get the ship, that in itself is a gamble however slight it might be.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You are gambling when posting keys on the Exchange. You are gambling that some d*ckwad isn't going to keep undercutting your postings so that you don't get your keys sold at all. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

LOL I would have been so fast on that, I would not have even slowed down for a screencap :D

In my experience, by the time you see that price it's already sold. Clicking the item at the top of the list always gives me an error no matter how fast I am.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @mikoto8472

The Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser is the Enterprise, wonder what ship the OP thinks he is talking about.

You do realize there are other lock boxes still out there and available? Some still doing infinity for chance at previous ships in that box.

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Shoot, crack is cheaper then these ships.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016

What the...? Someone forgot a few zeros LOL.
  • Options
    hollowcrown#6105 hollowcrown Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > @huskerklg
    >
    > The OP said "jjprise" that's the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser, since the price the OP claimed for the "jjprise" did not match up with what the poster I was responding to said I made my comment. The only ship being discussed was the Kelvin Connie, so none of it had to do with any other box.

the guy who claimed it was 750mil was wrong, not the OP. the jjprise/kelvinconnie has been below 500 all day. its currently 485.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    oh man if I'd snagged that many keys for that cheap wow... I actually feel for that seller
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    To be honest I'd probably mail them back minus a 15% finder's fee. I've made goofs like that and they're too painful to not put right when the tools are right there.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Ah, well they were 750 mil the day after AoY was released. I haven't bothered to check since then given I have no interest in any of the JJ Trek stuff.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The ship was 370m late Friday. Weekends are a buying spree for all sorts of things. You see supply dwindle and prices go up. Then they start to go back down as people go back to work.

Course you could also just wait 6 months for the frenzy that will occur when the ship is in the Infinity box.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    Or not buy one at its current price and let it drop to where it should be.

And considering what some people think prices should be...that would be just around the time when hell freezes over.

it's already dropped several hundred mil, so I don't know what the problem is here. They always drop after the first few days/ weeks.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, the price on the Heavy Command Cruiser is definitely starting to come down, I really don't see it going much lower.. but we'll see. The ship is always going to be considered desirable. Right now, there are only about 30 of them available, so it doesn't seem like there is a huge supply.

Thing is, the Kelvin ships aren't in the Infinity box, so once this box stops dropping, supply is going to dry up big time. It's a bit of a gamble, sure.. but right now they're right around the 400M Mark. I don't see it going much lower. The Vengeance is holding steady at right around 325M, that price should be pretty steady since it's a Lobi ship.

I would be surprised to see the Constitution drop much lower then it is now, but you never know for sure.
    Insert witty signature line here.