test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will You Pay for Access to the New Trek Television Series ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    rickdanko wrote: »
    I'll wait and watch it for free when it's syndicated.

I don't think it's going syndication. The purpose of doing a show on their streaming site is so you go there to watch it.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    I don't think it's going syndication. The purpose of doing a show on their streaming site is so you go there to watch it.

Maybe not first run, but it will be syndicated eventually, even if it's 4 years into the series. It'l be on TV eventually. I can wait.

They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

Maybe not first run, but it will be syndicated eventually, even if it's 4 years into the series. It'l be on TV eventually. I can wait.

you may be waiting a long time. Syndication is going the way of the dodo. Putting shows on Netflix and streaming websites has replaced it.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    nope. as one user has stated, i already pay for hulu and netflix, theres no way i can justify 5.99 for trek, and yes I know that there will be other shows, but i would get it to only watch trek.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User

you may be waiting a long time. Syndication is going the way of the dodo. Putting shows on Netflix and streaming websites has replaced it.

So I wait a long time. Who cares? I'm not paying $7 a month to watch one show. If that means I never see one frame of it for the rest of my life, so be it.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    No!
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    To break then trend, I actually would - but then I'm a dinosaur who doesn't do Netflix / Amazon Prime etc.
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Netflix: $7.99 USD/mo.
    Hulu Plus: $7.99 USD/mo.
    Amazon Prime: $8.25 USD/mo.
    HBO Digital: $15.00 USD/mo.
    CBS Streaming: $5.99 USD/mo.
    TOTAL STREAMING COST: $45.22 USD/mo.

COX Digital Cable TV Essentials (50 channels, no premiums, no Trek): $70.99 USD/mo.

Amount saved by going digital: $25.77 USD/mo.
    Never watching a commercial ever again? Priceless
    newstosiggy.png