test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What changes in the Admiralty system would you support.

nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
Its clear that many are disappointed in the Admiralty system but most seem to come from the maintenance mode that ships go under after a mission is finished. so with that in mine (and to hopefully focus the discussion into one topic) i ask what alternative would you prefer?
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok

What changes in the Admiralty system would you support. 132 votes

Greatly extend mission times while reducing maintenance.
17%
ikonn#1068xxaaaxxlordsteve1dlmc85tigrovaya13akulaserhatgs1905yukonsamvaloreahimmudzenbwleon7sistericalcyoneserenecriminiusliantheliathenoname711nickcastletonassasin7000robofearthmosul33tm706 23 votes
General maintenance nerf
22%
dearghargildragnocksmeeinn1tlexusk19shadowwraith77tunebreakermayito2009jamesstjameskyle223catsohtohimruinedletsfadeawayannemarie30geekguy79charlesdonovansovereign47earwigvr6jacv81borg0vermindfatman592 30 votes
Better ship tier buffs to reduce maintenance
3%
dixoniumsweetness97avatar2k3ahunteralpha84 4 votes
No change
29%
comrademocoshpokscoupaholicbaddmoonrizinchipg7bobbydazlersjonathanlonehawkpsyman87daveynycidjackfleetadmiraltacovelquarepetitiveepicvegeta50024kodachikunomidnightrider7neos472drakethewhitedkeith2011borticuscryptic 39 votes
Other (please Explain)
27%
kirimuffinzulisvelgaraks31dareauvalenn1mustrumridcully0smokeybacon90monkeybone13hyplkjwashingtoncaptz1pprisian4turbomagnusryugasiriuspeterconnorfirstmainabralexandrelucho80birkepmarkhawkman 36 votes

Comments

• Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I for one would prefer that missions take several hours, they always did in the show so the 15 minute missions should take much much longer such as 3 or 4 hours and as a compensation the maintenance should be only an hour tops.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    I am not saying to copy/paste, but just inspire from doff missions. Extend mission timers to 6-8 and even 12 hours while ofc increasing the rewards. Or better yet add new ones with 6-12 hours timers with increased payments accordindly.
    Also not in the pool, give/switch kdf and roms to more tac focus requirements since atm sci ones are very bad for them.
  • Options
    bralexandrebralexandre Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    While maintennance/mission duration is not friendly, its what makes this system not a doff system and limit the rewards, so i'd rather keep it the way it is for balance.

What i'd like to see tho is some kind of 'active duty' option for these ships, so they show up with us in our single player missions. It can even be monetized - 1 free active slot and ... dunno ... 250 zen for each additional slot? or perhaps a dilithium cost? Have them fly with the AI seen in the benthan cruisers at argala, go into disabled or 'repairing' state at 10% hp, count them as players when spawning mobs ... that could be fun.
    8D5E4E021D09BF12F3EE338C72C78E903E91DE75
    Flying a 15k dps dual cannons hazari destroyer. Let the discussion begin!
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    No change
    I like the system as is.
  • Options
    gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    I dont think mission times should be longer (As many are already pretty long). But maintenance is ridiculous, Federation ships are supposed to be built to be able to sustain itself for months, possibly years without having to go to a starbase for things like repairs. I think maintenance shouldn't be after every mission, but after a certain amount of missions.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    I think some of the ships' traits (or whatever they're called) should be changed a little. For example I would change the command battle-cruisers' trait to +35 eng/sci/tac (depending on version) when on a full team.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    especially the 15minute missions.

id suggest splitting the system into 4hr, 8hr and 12hr missions. and use the mission cds instead of maintenance.

the maintenance has one big disadvantage: it only starts if you collect the mission. so letting the admiral system work while you play your char is basically not possible. cause to have maintenance take effect you have to log around constantly.

basically the system would have been better as an acc wide system with a seperate acc wide bonus dili rafining system.

i must admitt, that while im glad somehow, the system is overly benefitting people that have a) many chars + b) many store ships.

ive got 10 fedchars that all have 50 ships. im defenetely getting "too much" ot of it. while others cant really profit at all.

making the system acc wide, limits the benefits of store purchase synergy, while allowing bonus ore to be present, unaffecting the current char dili limits.

also this system will kill the loginservers. cause everyone logging in and out all 15minutes is not a good idea.

_____

making the system acc level, increasing mission cds (4/8/12hrs), getting rid of maintenance system, and increasing the rewards accordingly, linking it t o an acc wide bonus dili pool of, lets say ... 16k would "balance" the system more towards the average player. it wouldnt demand having 100ships ... the direction pwe wants it wont work anyway: noone will buy cstore sciships just because of admirtality system.
    _____

currently store buyers and acc with many alts are overly and double profiting from it. i can do 250zen a day just by clicking around with 12 chars.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    No change
    I like the system the way it is, longer missions with less cooldown would just stop you from running other missions with alternative ships in the slots they inhabit.
    having some ships on maintenance also encourages players to use ships that might otherwise never get used as players would just end up using the same ships over and over regardless of whether there are alternative combinations that would fill the requirements just as well.
    it also makes you think about what ships you could use to get the chances of success as good as possible even if its not 100% instead of just blindly slotting the best ships with the highest stats over and over without having to give it any thought at all.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    No change
    Don't really have much of an issue with the maintenance, really.
    The generally high level of required skills, especially science, on the other hand.... :)
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    No change
    Honestly, the only change I'd make is the making of more ship bundles, like the one for the Pathfinder (T6 Intrepid). KDF especially has very nearly no bundles for their ships.
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    General maintenance nerf
    I'm for the option two, but option one would be fine too. Those huge maintenance times are a bit outrageous and they need to be seriously nerfed. Especially when it comes to a short non-dangerous missions.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    The ship cards should be more hand-crafted.

TRIBBLE the game stats. THe Exploration Cruiser should be a ship with a bigger science value, because it's an explorer.
    The Command Cruisers should grant bonuses when teamed, not get a bonus when alone. Stuff like that.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    General maintenance nerf
    I think that the maintenance time should be changed. Either have the maintenance period start when the mission ends whether or not you have logged in to collect the rewards; e.g. If running an hour long mission, the maintenance should begin after that hour passes' or have the maintenance time be half of what the mission time is, e.g. ships used on a 20-hour missions would require a 10-hour maintenance period.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Other (please Explain)
    Well, on one hand, I'm not too happy with the maintenance, more so on the high-tier ships than the low-tier ones. On the other hand, I suspect any change to maintenance would bring along a nerf to the rewards, so I think I'd keep it where it is now.

Edit: That being said, I'd definitely be in favor of changing maintenance so it starts when the mission is completed, regardless of whether the player collects his rewards.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Other (please Explain)
    Overall, I actually rather enjoy the AdSys, but I can contribute a few suggestions...
    • Reduce maintenance times, maybe instead of a flat time per tier, make it some kind of "(Ship Tier times Mission Quality) times fifteen minutes" formula...
      Example, a Tier One ship on a fifteen minute common mission would be (1x1)x15= fifteen minutes in maintenance.
      A Tier six ship on that same mission would be (6x1)x15=90 or one and one-half hour in maintenance
      A three hour Very Rare mission, however, would cause the Tier One ship to be (1x4)x15= one hour in maintenance, while the Tier Six ship would be (6x4)x15=6, putting it in maintenance for a good six hours.

• Add some kind of "Admiralty Booster Pack" of One-Use Cards to the C-Store, similar to DOff packs, but cheaper perhaps, say 150z since they'd be consumable. This could not only help players have the ships they need to complete assignments, but potentially could also inspire them to purchase a ship they don't yet own if the card is enough of a help (Speaking from experience on that part, after I finish grinding for the Command Battlecruisers, I'm going for the T3 Nebula Science Vessel and that wonderful 'Ignore +Sci from Events" ability its card has...)

• Not just for AdSys, but for the game overall, more lower tier ships and Science Vessels for Romulan and KDF players. Right now, they're pretty much out of luck if they come across any assignment that requires a high science rating... which actually leads me to...

• Adjust events. Some that should be much rarer like "Borg Transwarp Gateway!", "Doomsday Machine", or "Stable Particle Fountain" seem to pop up with far too much frequency and when they do on a mission that already requires 100 or more in a catagory, getting 40, 50 or even 100 more added to that leaves a player either a; using a Pass or b; sending a T1 ship on a sacrifice to move things along. Events should make assignments feel challenging, not feel completely hopeless.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    I think right now the system is too new to make any changes, the biggest thing I hear people talking about is the maintenance timer. Seems that the I want it now crowd just got bigger.

I do agree that the system gives the advantage to players that have a lot of ships (I have 37 on one character), and there needs to be a way for people with low numbers to gain an equal footing. Maybe a doff mission that grants a x10 or something type of ship. To limit the abuse of that add in a check that if you have say 15 permanent ships then the Doff mission wont show or be restricted for you.

As for the maintenance timer starting when you collect the mission. So far for me it has started when the mission completes. Not when I press the collect rewards button.

I'll log out and have 12 or 13 ships in maintenance Log back in and have 0 there with all of my missions ready to collect.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    Account wide unlock of Lockbox "Shipcards".
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    I just don't get it.
    1 - the E T S numbers are so random and change for so many different reasons. it should just be simplified. you need E=45 T=70 S=50 than just add up and go. not, ya but now for no reason what so ever you now need E=100 T=70 S=50.
    2 - the maintenance timer. just have each mission be between 15-20 hours. your crew don't take shore leave when you finish a doff. if you can only log in once a day for an hour or two. you can only do these once every second day.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Other (please Explain)
    im happy with the system overall. The only real complaint I have is that the science requirements are way too high. ROM and KDF factions just dont have the Sci ships to deal with it. Even I as a FED with over 60 ships have a hard time filling the Sci requirments for a lot of missions so I have no idea how the other factions manage
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Other (please Explain)
    The Admirality system is fine as it is given the time vs reward we get right now, and is way more generous than doffing hence the cool downs and success %s we see in it. No changes needed in assignments or maintenance.

Having said that, the KDF and Romulan factions could use some help in the ship stats department because they have far fewer ships to use in the system.
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    We need to be able to get cards directly from shipyard and z-store, without claiming and dismissing ships.
    Make cards available for all the free ships one has claimed as promotion reward.
    Auto-fill of ship selections like department head suggestions for boff missions.

• Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    No Change.

Add
    • Doffs that when slotted on active add + to sci, reduced maint, etc
    • x1 ships trade-able.
    • Other means to get x1 ships. New DOFF missions, crafting almost like we could build the shuttle, mission rewards, etc
    • I'll go there..Zen Store ship packs like the Doff packs. Captured Fed ships (high sci) for klingons, Alien Race themed ships, etc.
    • x1 ships or permanent ships for events. (kinda goes with one of the above)
    • Lockbox or zen store "bonus pools" for the Admiralty system. Bonus SCI,TAC,ENG, XP (in the system for the tracks). Could even have pools that add +5% to success or crit chance.

To name a few.

The only change I'd say the system needs is to rename "maintenance". That would take out the "head canon" and leave just the "I'm not getting the rewards I want!" arguments.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    Kdf and rr need sci ship's badly.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    No change
    Why fix something that is not broken. Yet!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I personally would like longer missions with reduced maintenance...
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    davideight wrote: »
    especially the 15minute missions.

id suggest splitting the system into 4hr, 8hr and 12hr missions. and use the mission cds instead of maintenance.

the maintenance has one big disadvantage: it only starts if you collect the mission. so letting the admiral system work while you play your char is basically not possible. cause to have maintenance take effect you have to log around constantly.

basically the system would have been better as an acc wide system with a seperate acc wide bonus dili rafining system.

i must admitt, that while im glad somehow, the system is overly benefitting people that have a) many chars + b) many store ships.

ive got 10 fedchars that all have 50 ships. im defenetely getting "too much" ot of it. while others cant really profit at all.

making the system acc wide, limits the benefits of store purchase synergy, while allowing bonus ore to be present, unaffecting the current char dili limits.

also this system will kill the loginservers. cause everyone logging in and out all 15minutes is not a good idea.

_____

making the system acc level, increasing mission cds (4/8/12hrs), getting rid of maintenance system, and increasing the rewards accordingly, linking it t o an acc wide bonus dili pool of, lets say ... 16k would "balance" the system more towards the average player. it wouldnt demand having 100ships ... the direction pwe wants it wont work anyway: noone will buy cstore sciships just because of admirtality system.
    _____

currently store buyers and acc with many alts are overly and double profiting from it. i can do 250zen a day just by clicking around with 12 chars.

Maintenance times start when the assignment finishes, even while logged off, not when you collect the reward. That's what it's doing for me, and it's what Borticus said it was suppose to do. If it isn't for you then file a bug report.

The only thing I would change is to add assignments that award contraband (and what bugs there are fixed).
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Other (please Explain)
    birkep wrote: »
    We need to be able to get cards directly from shipyard and z-store, without claiming and dismissing ships.
    Make cards available for all the free ships one has claimed as promotion reward.
    Auto-fill of ship selections like department head suggestions for boff missions.

We were told ahead of time by a dev that ships won't be automatically slotted because we're suppose to think and figure out what are the best ships to slot. It isn't just a matter of increasing Eng/Tac/Sci. Each ship has a trait like +Sci for each eng ship, increased critical rating, reduced maintenance for each of a certain ship slotted, etc.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    No change
    To those saying that the maintenance begins when you collect the rewards, @borticuscryptic has said that the time starts as soon as the mission is done, not when you collect the rewards. It's easy to test: Do a 15 minute mission, use a tier 1 ship. come back after at least an hour (or whenever the t1 ship maintenance would be done) and see the tier 1 ship ready to go.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.