test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [October 27th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 10/27 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    Short patch notes this week ;)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    When's that in your timezone?
    The following queues are being retired:
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

WHAT!? Why was this decision made? Mine Trap is one of my favourite queues, and with the help of the '20player' chat channel it's been popping a lot this last few weeks. Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    No Kemo fix still ?
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yeah I don't miss ether of those. Can't even remember what they are about..
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I only played breach the other day and found a fondness for it again :-(

Tbh there are so many that could be retired with no one missing them (( e.g. undine assault as it takes far far too long for what it's worth ))

I'm not raging in anyway but it would be nice not to have content removed that could be enjoyable while leaving content that is so painful I'd rather stick needles in my eyes lol.

On a YAY note I am more than excited (( even pee'd a little with some of the changes and content adds ))

Just curious is a new ship inbound soon (( T6 Defiant hint hint )) ?????
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]​​

These queues are being reviewed for potential improvements. I can't really say more than that at the moment, as we're not ready to commit to anything publicly, just yet.

Ultimately, we don't intend for their retirement to be permanent (but, of course, I can't even really promise that much at the moment...)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Sigh still no fix for the Kara module fleet discount. :(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]​​

These queues are being reviewed for potential improvements. I can't really say more than that at the moment, as we're not ready to commit to anything publicly, just yet.

Ultimately, we don't intend for their retirement to be permanent (but, of course, I can't even really promise that much at the moment...)

makes sense, thanks for explaining.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User

Well, I for one hope you guys can fix them up and make something cool out of them. Mine Trap was one of my favorites, but getting 15-20 people was too much so I haven't been able to play it on a regular basis for at least a year now. Maybe more? Can't remember exactly. Breach was cool for a few runs when it first released, but it took way too much time and effort for the rewards IMO.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »

Well, I for one hope you guys can fix them up and make something cool out of them. Mine Trap was one of my favorites, but getting 15-20 people was too much so I haven't been able to play it on a regular basis for at least a year now. Maybe more? Can't remember exactly. Breach was cool for a few runs when it first released, but it took way too much time and effort for the rewards IMO.

and could get laggy in some areas. I like the concept of breach, but again... low rewards
  • Options
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]

I appreciate you elaborating on that a little and I really do hope they make a return. Mine Trap truly is one of my favourite ground queued missions and I was very sad to see it getting removed so suddenly.
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    fletchervansefletchervanse Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Like for Terradome?
  • Options
    locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Breach is my hands down fav map...Yeah the rewards are low for it's length, but the reason I like it is the length..I bout got all *&^%%&^ when a fleetmate mentioned these going...but glad to know it's just for improvements...
    rh0ebk.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

WHAT!? Why was this decision made? Mine Trap is one of my favourite queues, and with the help of the '20player' chat channel it's been popping a lot this last few weeks. Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.
    ​​

Wow - on a content starved MMO (which STO still is) - the Dev Team decides to retire more content. What, with the average speed of most internet connections these days are they going to trot out the old "It makes the initial download smaller" excuse out again? Sorry I don't see how this content could be considered 'substandard' given some of the other PvE queue being left in the game. I really don't understand Cryptic's constant removal of content from an MMO that is still light on content.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Ferengi Rapid Fire Missiles now correctly trigger both "Overwhelming Force" and "Torpedo Barrage" Starship Traits, when using High Yield.
    Wait what? They can use HY? They only ever ate Torpedo Spread 1-3.

This is going to TRIBBLE up my experimental Tricobalt Torpedo build that only used HY/Nadeon Det. Tricos and the Ferengi Rapid Fire Missiles.
    Added passive bonuses to all Tier 6 ship consoles that didn't previously have them including:
    That's pretty generous. Makes them more tempting to use in some builds. About time too; many builds still choose to just omit the consoles entirely. A shame; given some of the effort that went into the console abilities.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    Win,_Lose,_or_Draw.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

​​

Wow - on a content starved MMO (which STO still is) - the Dev Team decides to retire more content. What, with the average speed of most internet connections these days are they going to trot out the old "It makes the initial download smaller" excuse out again? Sorry I don't see how this content could be considered 'substandard' given some of the other PvE queue being left in the game. I really don't understand Cryptic's constant removal of content from an MMO that is still light on content.

The idea, as Borticus stated, is to potentially improve them at some point in the future if they do get the chance. This does mean of course we lose two queues, but we are getting two queues for the Terran Reputation, so I feel it balances out.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Please leave Mine Trap alone. People formed the "20player" chat pretty much just for that que. And it has been running several times daily for a while now. It's a fan favorite.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Sorry we're losing the Breach, I know it's long, but it's so satisfying
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    We've actually had a lot more content added to STO then has been removed.

Also, I noticed a typo on the launcher, it says for tomorrows patch announcement "fOctober" there is an extra f infront of October. Could someone also update the Season 11 New Dawn Giveaway. Three Days Left. announcement. Are there three days left Trendy? or is the last day for the giveaway today, or is the last day of the giveaway event later this week?

Thank you for all of your hard work, and to the STO Dev team too. :)
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User

Not that updating either of those queues is a bad thing... but why not just leave them in... and then when you update them... just update them. Surely they dont need to be inactive for you guys to update them and improve them...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]

Not that updating either of those queues is a bad thing... but why not just leave them in... and then when you update them... just update them. Surely they dont need to be inactive for you guys to update them and improve them...

I agree with that, it would be much nicer all round if the queues could be left in their current state whilst you guys consider updating/work on them. Unless, of course, there is actually a reason they can't be active whilst you're working on them.
    ​​
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,892 Arc User
    The Breach

What?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Not really sure what the real story is here (sorry but CC is the only thing that has ever come back from being removed that I know of) but, I am expecting those to go the way of terradome. That was all removed for "improvements" to be made. Mine trap was indeed one of my favorites. And, like stated many times, The breach was fun but the effort to reward ratio was unrealistically low for anyone to want to do it a lot.

Why not remove the other Voth mission?.....uh....whatever it's called. Played that maybe twice and got like 20 marks and that was that. And, how about that Undine space mission no one ever plays for it being super long, super boring, and totally unrewarding?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Honestly, the old fleet actions are better candidates for content removal. They are so outdated it's not funny anymore.

Mine Trap could use some tweaks regarding team placement. People often travel outside of their assigned zones and pretty much make things more difficult for others. There also needs to be better rewards. Good enough to fill the 20 player requirement.

The Breach was one of the greatest missions you guys ever made...and you're removing it. Sure it may not be played much on the public queues, but then again nothing is, aside from ISA and CCA. I don't see what you could do to improve it since it's already fun to play.

Every time you guys do great things for the game, you go and pull this kind of nonsense. EVERY. TIME. I am left with nothing but disappointment and am less enthusiastic for the game's future.

• Options
    doll8doll8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    did anyone notice the typo "We will be performing shard maintenance on fOctober 27th from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums." :p ^ "fOctboer"

just noticed it
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Sad to see Mine Trap go. Rewards for Rom marks were pretty stellar.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Could we get a link to a your timezone or something? I've asked around from my friends and the net tells me different things.

Cheers
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Sad to hear that The Breach is going, I really enjoyed that one. Would have preferred that the other one (the name of which escapes me atm) would go, it had far more "potential for improvement."

Still, we'll see what Counterpoint and Assault on Terok Nor are like.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.