What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next round of T6 ship releases...

124»

Comments

• Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    They've stuck themselves in the worst circular logic... KDF/Roms sell less so less gets developed so less people play/buy so they sell less so less gets developed.... on and on.

No argument there. The "build it and they will come" mentality hasn't been a factor for awhile.

What I'm referring to is that Cryptic will never (IMO) follow the rule of 'balance all things first'. Balancing the ships and gimmicks for each of the factions will never be a priority for them, any more than they try to perfect the balance and interactions of new powers they release before they release them. Of those two, power balance is arguably a higher priority for them and they regularly field complaints about that.

ppl can demand faction parity until they're red in the face. Unless there's a release that fits neatly into their plans that both promotes KDF (&/or Romulan) and succeeds wildly beyond their expectations, they have very little incentive to follow through on that. I can't see that happening unless they give KDF something so overpowered, so fun to play with, that they don't also give the Feds, it convinces a large number of players to make the switch. That would be a huge gamble that would alienate the Fed-only players and could easily backfire on them. It's risky enough, in fact, that they'll never do it. I'll throw IMO on the end of that last statement, but I dare anybody to refute my logic or dismiss my assumptions. :)

As it stands, they've never delivered equal releases for all three factions more consistently than they have done lately. They are delivering original designs for both KDF and Romulan ships and updating old ones alongside their Federation counterparts. The Iconian War arc has had an unusual emphasis on the KDF, so the storyline has not been strictly Fed-centric. I consider these good things. They will continue to deliver new things for KDF and Rom, either in concert with Fed releases or by piecemeal as they fall in line with development initiatives.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    T6 Norway and Yeager. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    stobg2015 wrote: »

As it stands, they've never delivered equal releases for all three factions more consistently than they have done lately. They are delivering original designs for both KDF and Romulan ships and updating old ones alongside their Federation counterparts. The Iconian War arc has had an unusual emphasis on the KDF, so the storyline has not been strictly Fed-centric. I consider these good things. They will continue to deliver new things for KDF and Rom, either in concert with Fed releases or by piecemeal as they fall in line with development initiatives.

The dialog is still very fed-ish.

I wish there would have been a dialog option that was like:

NPC: But we have to think of things only Federation would be concerned about!
    Player KDF Captain: What part of Qa and pla' do you not understand?
    Post edited by thatcursedwolf on
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    My vote: T6 Vesta/much needed KDF sci/much needed romi sci

And

T6 Oddy/Bort/Schmi
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    The dialog is still very fed-ish.

But the direct attack on the Heralds, ramming a starship into the Iconian flagship rather than retreat, and the references to Sto-Vo-Kor were all very Klingon. Faction-specific dialog options continue to be a problem, but this last mission had a lot of KDF influence.

This is very much off-topic, though. The point is that they are not entirely neglecting the KDF or the Rom, even if their priorities don't seem to align with what people want all the time. More ships are coming, and I can appreciate that they seem to have a plan for when and how they release these ships. My T6 BoP, Defiant, and Vesta are all coming sooner or later... I just need patience.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    No thankyou. As much as I like the Odyssey, a T6 Flagships pack would have to include the Scimitard, and the T5-U version of that heap is still arguably the most OP ship in the game. A T6 version would be preposterous.

Not necessarily! The Romulans never received a proper flagship - they were slapped with the Scimitar because it was new and popular. A T6 flagship release could be done alongside a reveal for a proper Romulan flagship class more in line with the Fed and KDF flagships.

Not saying it's likely, since anything the Scimitar is bundled with is pretty much guaranteed to sell and you know a T6 Scimitar is going to happen regardless, but it's not set in stone!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Not necessarily! The Romulans never received a proper flagship - they were slapped with the Scimitar because it was new and popular. A T6 flagship release could be done alongside a reveal for a proper Romulan flagship class more in line with the Fed and KDF flagships.

Not saying it's likely, since anything the Scimitar is bundled with is pretty much guaranteed to sell and you know a T6 Scimitar is going to happen regardless, but it's not set in stone!
    Considering the Republic is not even 2yrs old and her flagship was named even more recently than that, I cant see them givin us a new toy like that.... BUT Ill just leave this right here in case taco looks and might want some inspiration for a new flagship....
    romulan_d_shara_final_3_by_galen82-d2fa5m3.jpg
    romulan_d_shara_final_1_by_galen82-d2fa5ch.jpg
    romulan_d_shara_final_4_by_galen82-d2fgvd1.jpg

found them and some other cool designs here on deviantart
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    sf911 wrote: »
    T6 Flagships thank you very much :)
    Looking forward to my T6 Oddy.

No thankyou. As much as I like the Odyssey, a T6 Flagships pack would have to include the Scimitard, and the T5-U version of that heap is still arguably the most OP ship in the game. A T6 version would be preposterous.

The power of the Scimitar has waned considerably in the storm of T6 releases. It's pretty much top dog among T5/T5-U Ships, but no longer one of the most powerful ships in the game.

Heck, my Romulan abandoned the Scimitar in favor of the Nandi, the Scimitar isn't 'all that' anymore. As long as they don't go crazy and give it some insane trait, the T6 Scimitar won't break much of anything.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    T6 Olympic (Research Sci Vessel)
    T6 Nova/Quasar
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

Considering the Republic is not even 2yrs old and her flagship was named even more recently than that, I cant see them givin us a new toy like that.... BUT Ill just leave this right here in case taco looks and might want some inspiration for a new flagship....
    romulan_d_shara_final_3_by_galen82-d2fa5m3.jpg
    romulan_d_shara_final_1_by_galen82-d2fa5ch.jpg
    romulan_d_shara_final_4_by_galen82-d2fgvd1.jpg

found them and some other cool designs here on deviantart

I remember that model from a videogame and i cant remember it right now. But damn, that model its really really familiar to me, i remember it from 4 or 5 years ago.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    With the T6 Sovereign, Vesta and Odyssey, what do you think they would get in terms of unique abilities and designs? The thing is though the Vesta came out in the 2380's and the Odyssey class came out in 2409 and is quoted "It has been touted as the pinnacle of Federation starship design and will carry the Federation into a new generation of exploration." If I remember correctly in Star Trek all ships or at least most have the similar technology. So do you think the T6 ships should also have an improved quantum slipstream drive, may be introduce ablative hull armour for T6 ships, which I am surprised this is not out for other ships and only on the intrepid retrofit.
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    I'd like to see:

- T6 full carriers you can get in the Zen shop, and not just from lockboxes or events. And not just single hangar carriers like the new ones about to come out (or already out on the command cruiers). Slow, heavy sci-focused carriers like the Atrox or Vo'Quv.

- T6 versions of the small craft iconic ships: Klingon Bird-of-Prey with all universal seating and enhanced battle cloak a la B'Rel; Romulan enhanced battle cloak tactical flyer a la T'Varo (that can use the big angry red ball of death), and a new version of the Defiant.
  • Options
    cervantes3cervantes3 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I'd like to see:
    - T6 temporal ships as i have both the Mobius and Wells and i'd like to see them updated.
    - T6 Atrox carrier. I like his design and one of my main toons is a Caitian.
    - A T6 ship of Ferasan design. Pratically the sole race i love to play in the KDF and it pains me to see there's nothing for them, especially if we consider that's a paying race.