test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashes since S10!!!

i am still crashing at the Cyptic splash screen during log in. I get about 75% through and crashes to desktop. This has been happening since Season 10 launch and I haven't been able to play ANY of the new content...... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have updated drivers, deleted and installed the drivers, run patches and still nothing....
Post edited by stogaval on

Comments

• Options
    nexus1972nexus1972 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Today the game crashes in the ground mission "blood of ancients" 5 times... And after the final space battle i can begin the ground battle on new rom once again...without completing the mission... Nice... Sorry. This game has some really really big problems need to be solved soon. Rollbacks are not funny...
  • Options
    stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i am having basicly the same problem i keep getting kicked out of the ground mission for the breen episode where u unlock the repeatable ground mission on the astroid base and always at the same spot sto goes oops.. done a file repair twice now and getting fed up with it.
    temp of my vid cartd is within accepatable ranges and have the latest drivers
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Patched up and was excited to hop on hoping they fixed it. "Blood of the Ancients" first space fight. Crashes to desktop... Really is frustrating that I can't play this game properly like when Legacy of Romulus was released.
  • Options
    simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    New patch today to address this issue and guess what.... Still doesn't work. Nice try guys but try again faster than a month this time
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »

Last night I had 5 crashes, all within 10 minutes while I was trying to get my DR toon round the Dyson sphere battle zone. I gave up in the end.

I'll try the tips in the link above (thanks for that by the way) but if the crashes persist I'm parking STO for a while. I cant stand the lack of QA any more.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    m1s3rlym1s3rly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I still have friends who just cannot log into this game every time it crashes while loading the game.
    The patch yesterday hasn't changed that for them either. /sigh
  • Options
    willt709willt709 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yer I cant log in aswell keeps crashing as the launcher finishes launching :mad:
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried the steps mention in the shared link to no avail. I crashed 3 times within 6 to 7 minutes while on the Dyson Sphere BZ.

I've had to park STO in the meantime until they can resolve this. I have to deal with miss-behaving software/Systems at work, no way I want to have to face that at home. :(
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Getting random crashes here usually when starting a mission. When I last played in March this was not happening. Somewhere there was an update in March-May that made this game a crash fest.
  • Options
    deffjurkedeffjurke Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have experienced more crashes since Season 10, than in the past.
  • Options
    straxus24straxus24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its so ****ing bad, I have had 11 CTDS while playing tonite, ground missions dyson sphere......
  • Options
    straxus24straxus24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Now I cant even get in game.....it crashes on loading screen after character selection everytime at the same place. around 97.07 on the counter:mad:
  • Options
    cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ive been having the same thing since S10 i get a error popup saying my direct3d drivers have sent back a error code but im still able to play on never winter and other games with no problem any advice from cryptic would be very welcome.

thanks
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darienleonhartdarienleonhart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First, before I begin my ranting. When I first signed up for STO, I was able to play the game for hours in one sitting with no problems. I started receiving the black screen of death crash after I reached Level 50, Admiral rank in Federation/Starfleet side. It was getting harder and harder to complete missions because of the black screen crashing and I don't mean difficulty levels. That said, Please do not tell me that my computer might not be compatible with STO's system requirements because I wouldn't be able to play the game for hours in one sitting and reach Level 59 where I am today it if wasn't compatible.

When I contacted the help desk team regarding this problem, they refuse to listen and keep telling me that my computer was not and is not compatible. And none of their responses indicated they would be fixing that issue. I even told that I am most likely not the only person experiencing this problem where they could play for hours until recently and were getting as pissed off as I am. Who wouldn't be pissed at not being able to finish missions because the game crashes the system before finishing a mission.

If you are experiencing this same problem or know someone who is also having this problem, spread the word. Petition like, the more people who comment on this problem, the more likely PW will fix the problem.
  • Options
    dominatrixx1971dominatrixx1971 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    I am becoming extremely frustrated at this point, on my Klingon doing the patrol missions for the Delta episodes not only do I crash, but it crashes my computer. I can do everything else just fine, Kobali ground STF's, random Red Alerts, etc. But these certain "Episode" patrol mission crash my computer every time I do any patrol mission in "With Friends Like These". I know my computer is compatable so this is just ridiculous and has been getting progressively worse since S10.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At this point with Cryptic if it doesn't have to do with Trendy or Taco I don't expect anything to happen with this, ever, or even to simply acknolwledge that they have an issue with this... ever... at all...

But literally I just crashed 6 times in 30 minutes with a simple statement that can not connect to server, crash to character log in, and I can get right back in no issues at all, only to crash again anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes later.

This is ridiculous that I can't even play a simple queue without crashing 4 times during it, and half those times I get kicked from the team when I come back and have to do it all over again.

This is simply not acceptable. Champions Online is having the same issue for me as is Neverwiter. But hell, I can play DC Universe Online, Guild Wars 2, and Eldar Scrolls online wihtout issue... but it must be me somehow... right.

Oh and lets not even talk about the issue where to even get into the damn game I need to work all kinds of magic else it just crashes right after the Iconiian Screen. But hell that's only been reported and going on for weeks for me, and still nothing has been done or even communicated on the patch notes as a known issue.

So fix your sh*t Cryptic.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When is this going to be put up as a Known Issue and get fixed?
  • Options
    blitzr1234blitzr1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    straxus24 wrote: »
    Now I cant even get in game.....it crashes on loading screen after character selection everytime at the same place. around 97.07 on the counter:mad:

I am having this problem today for the first time now. I never had any issues until recently (litterally few hours ago). Every time I try to load a character I would be up around those numbers in the loading counter then suddenly get a low memory pop up before the game crashes to desktop. I NEVER had this problem before until today.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This issue has happened before and will happen again again agai....er sorry wrong show. Before when it happened it was exactly the same as it it is happening now, crashes on map changes,crashes on the loading screen at 75% on the Cryptic logo one.

The people who suffered these crashes all started posting in one thread and unofficially became known as the Order of Persistence. I am one of them. I am getting CtD's at ground map changes, and have 3 characters trapped at a loading screen at ESD.

I have been bothered by the fact that the Order has not raised its usual mega thread, which is what it seems to take to get noticed. I am hoping that they havent left the game but I haven't seen them posting in the forums.

Anyway, The CtD's have been happening for a small group of people since 2 years ago. When a new season or expansion comes this group is affected by the CtD's. (I am talking 100% CtD, no play at all.) The shortest time it has taken was a couple of weeks. With the current S10 being the longest.

Good luck to all getting the game to work, and welcome to the Order of Persistence.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    At this point with Cryptic if it doesn't have to do with Trendy or Taco I don't expect anything to happen with this, ever, or even to simply acknolwledge that they have an issue with this... ever... at all...

But literally I just crashed 6 times in 30 minutes with a simple statement that can not connect to server, crash to character log in, and I can get right back in no issues at all, only to crash again anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes later.

This is ridiculous that I can't even play a simple queue without crashing 4 times during it, and half those times I get kicked from the team when I come back and have to do it all over again.

This is simply not acceptable. Champions Online is having the same issue for me as is Neverwiter. But hell, I can play DC Universe Online, Guild Wars 2, and Eldar Scrolls online wihtout issue... but it must be me somehow... right.

Oh and lets not even talk about the issue where to even get into the damn game I need to work all kinds of magic else it just crashes right after the Iconiian Screen. But hell that's only been reported and going on for weeks for me, and still nothing has been done or even communicated on the patch notes as a known issue.

So fix your sh*t Cryptic.

The question is not whether they will fix it, but why it happens to only a few select people.
    Both STO and NW have not crashed for me for years.

Only when i returned a few months ago i got that bloody direct3d fatal error on my older laptop (not my desktop) and both were nvidias. One supported dx11, the other only dx9. Chsnging to dx9 fixed that for me.

Im starting to get the feeling this topic is just a general thread from random people with random issues (black screens, d3d errors, CTDs) venting their frustration and where most of these issues are somehow fixable by the end user.

If it were to be an issue with specific drivers or hardware i would guess you guys wouldve been constructive enough to locate the culprit and pinpointing the cause of this.

Another thing to keep in mind is every major update will stress the hardware even more, and could already potentially unstable PCs to finally give up or reach a barrier in which more and more issues arrise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Apparently it's been fixed in Tribble. I've been able to play a new toon from 1 to 10 with out a single crash where is on the live servers, I've crashed countless times leveling a new toon during space and ground combat.
  • Options
    reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just crashed while doing a mission on the Klingon faction, the Destiny mission. I had finished scanning the crafting anomalies and was heading back to Kahless's ship when the game just locked up suddenly and crashed.

It's never done that with me before.

The Klingon faction is pretty buggy and badly needs some fixing.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Has there been any progress on this?

It seems like there are 2 separate problems: some people are getting crashes during gameplay and others are getting them while loading the game, like on the Cryptic screen when the bar is at 75%. I'm getting the latter, every single time. I can load the game in safe mode, but that means I can't parse or load keybinds.

Has there been any progress on this? does anyone has a workaround?
  • Options
    draconus80draconus80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I submitted a ticket to support and was told to try a fresh install of arc which I did, still crash while doing Blood of Ancients mission line. Never had an issue like this. My system can handle games far more graphically demanding than sto as well so I know it is not my system like support would love to think.